Aa
A
A
Close

Kidney Stones Community

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

21 - 40 (of 361) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have a kidney stone. I am waiting for approval for surgery to break it up. They gave me pain medication but it does not work near enough. I am still in a lot of pain, and they are hesitant to give a different kind of medicine. What ca...
NeedQucikHelp | Last answer
161647_tn?1280611763
I had my first lithotripsy yesterday to remove a 5 mm kidney stone. I was told to strain my urine to collect any "gravel". Can anyone tell me how long after the procedure I will see any "gravel"? I am passing small blood clots but I don'...
CatieC | Last answer
Anyone know which has a larger diameter opening? The larger "straw", if you will? Want to know if, in general, the harder part is getting thru the ureter or getting thru the "last leg" of the journey south of the bladder.
northwoods70 | Last answer
After I had my stone busted up a stent was put in to help the fragments come out.Now I have the string taped to me but have a lot of what seems to be fluid built up around the top of my penis.Anyone have this happen before?
Kroner1 | Last answer
Hello, I am 36 years old male. It is 3 months that I have burning, frequent urination, back-pain at L5S1 region (not in kidney regions!) and blood in urine from time to time. So far I have been to 4 urologists with the following re...
me_just34 | Last answer
My symptoms over 3 months: -burning and frequent urination -microscopic blood in urine -elavated psa ( 1.87 for an age of 36, normal value < 1.4). Tests done: 1-) ct scan of urinary tract (1.5 months ago): everything was normal,...
me_just34 | Last answer
I am using dipsticks for my urine analysis to detect blood. So far, it seems normal. My question is this: are dipsticks accurate for detection and absense of blood in urine? I will be happy for comments.
me_just34 | Last answer
I am a 60 yr old female with extensive history of kidney stones since 1978 (before lithotrypsy), recurrent infections & blood in urine. I am prone to both calcium stones & uric acid stones. First kidney stone was size of a walnut & cou...
SuniDazesm | Last answer
is this urine color normal? does it include blood? I will be happy for your comments
me_just34 | Last answer
Sorry this one is long (too long)! Brief history - had a pain in my left side since April 2011. The doctors repeatedly gave me an ultrasound and blood test, found nothing and then dosed me up with painkillers. This continued until the ...
Nicpep | Last answer
Hey everybody My name's Liam and I'm new here and had a question about Kidney Stones. So last night I had excruciating pain on my left side flank, that was so intense I couldn't sit still. After a couple of hours the pain subsided,...
Blips | Last answer
i have blood in urine, frequent urination. burning and a kidney stone in the left kidney. can this be a source of blood in urine? thanks
me_just34 | Last answer
1532222_tn?1440122795
I have suffered from kidney stones for 23 years now but just recently diagnosed as being severely lactose intolerant. I was wondering if there were any correlation between the two. My stones are calcium deposits so I'm thinking my body d...
Colleen3273 | Last answer
Hey all, need a little bit of advice from fellow frequent kidney stoners bc i am the queen of self doubt lol. I just want to know what you would do if you were me. At the moment I don't have transportation or phone service. I have access...
kittens822 | Last answer
I am a 70-year-old female in the midst of a kidney stone episode: 10 days ago, sudden onset of an episode of excruciating pain on right side of abdomen, accompanied by nausea and vomiting and bloody urine. 2 days later: An episode of ...
doctora42 | Last answer
Does anyone know any herbal medicines could shrink kidney stone. Like alhagi persarum or others? Thanks
simon_b | Last answer
Hi all, Ive been getting some sharp back pains at about kidney level. They are about 4/10 for pain. I might get a couple at a time and then they go away for an hour or two. I also got a twitching pain in my side which was kind of shar...
Tom897 | Last answer
I'm taking vit d3 4000 iu for 8 months. My latest vit d level is 45 ng / ml my ionized calcium is 1.17 ( 1.20 - 1.35 ) my question is am I at risk in developing kidney stones? Thank you
pong58 | Last answer
how to stop urine in blood
rocky_kumar1 | Last answer
I went to the er yesterday and was diagnosed w 3mm x 3mm stones. I passed a very small stone but I'm not sure if this is everything. I don't have any throbbing pain but do have some mild soreness. Is it common to have soreness after pass...
Brianmike | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Stones Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...