Kidney stone in testicles
I am currently passing a somewhat large kidney stone. I've been in and out of the hospital because of it and they want me to attempt to pass it alone. I am on medicine for it and have been in little or no pain since my last visit but the stone did not pass. I currently have a lump in my testicles that I've only had since the discovery of the stone. Is it possible that this is the stone or is this another problem I have to check out?
I'd ask your Urologist to be sure ... it's hard to tell and nobody is able to diagnose without an in-person exam.  Hoping maybe you've passed that stone by now!
Kidney stones can be or are caused by too much calcium and lack of Magnesium> Since you are researching. I'd like to direct you to Search Magnesium and kidney stones. This is one sign of lack of Mg, also included is anxiety and hundreds more., Dr Carolyn Dean's book is amazing. "The Magnesium Miracle.". It will help you understand your symptoms and have instructions what to take and how much,and you will be amazed at what problems lack of Mg can cause. Youtube is another good source for searching on Magnesium, several clinicians have recorded reports and findings. Also make sure to take note of oral magnesium replacement and transdermal Mg at the same time. Oral Mg takes 6 to 12 months before it would build up enough in your system, while transdermal Mg will work instantly but you have to spray it on frequently. I got used to it. I use both but oral replacement is much simpler eventually. I have put my whole household, friends and family on Mg supplementation. You probably will end up doing the same once you do your research. Its best to get the books too. They have further info that won't be on line nor on Youtube.  
The other book is "Transdermal Magnesium" by Dr. Mark Sircus... with instructions on how to use it , He is also on Youtube.
Good health and good luck.