Kidney Stones Community
cystinuria, surgery, medical bills.
About This Community:

Kidney stones, also called nephrolithiasis are solid pieces of material that form in the kidney from substances in the urine. Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms and passing kidney stones.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cystinuria, surgery, medical bills.

I've had this 'rare' form of kidney stones for the past 7 years now, within the last 7 years I've had 42 surgeries. I've had 5 nephrostomy tube placements and 37 lipotripsies. My medical bills are ridiculous and I honestly can't afford them, even after insurance one lipotripsy surgery still cost almost $1,000.00. I was wondering if anybody had any idea if there was some type of help for medical bills for a recurring condition.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You could try writing to pharmaceutical companies, they may sponsor. Alternatively, sometimes participation in clinical trials will engage those personnel to sponsor therapy for you. Your treating physician can also send recommendation letters to pharmaceutical companies.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
do i have to be using that companies products?
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Not necessarily. They could have the same product under a different brand name. But the generic name will have to be the same, means the medicine used will have to have the same chemical composition.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Stones Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank