Learning Disabilities Expert Forum
help
About This Forum:

Questions in the Learning Disability Forum are being answered by medical professionals. Topics include: Assessment and Diagnosis, Behavioral Issues, Emotional Development, Family Issues, Language-Speech Issues, Living With Learning Disabilities, Parenting, School Issues, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

help

aaron showed a moderate to high amplitude record with a poster rhythm of 6-7 hz intermittently some 3.5 hz slowing is noted in the posterior head region. a single spike wave is seen at c4 and two sharps are noted at f4. he goes to slkeep and a generalized polyspike wave is noted, which starts at cz than spread to f7 and then to t3, more prominent on the right he is 3 years 10 months all the dr will tell me is that some kids outgrow this. does anybody there know if this  eeg is a could mean of autism . they have him on keepa 1.5 a 2 times a day he is very hyper
Related Discussions
521840_tn?1348844371
Hello,
   I do not conduct nor read EEGs, but I can tell you about diagnosing autism. Autism is not diagnosed with imaging or EEGs, instead its a complex process of testing and systematic observation. Ask your pediatrician if you son is showing signs of autism, and ask for a referral for a psychological or neuropsychological assessment. The testing should include gathering formal test data about his IQ, language, social skills, atypical behaviors and sometimes learning and information processing. The assessment should also include an extensive parent interview and include time spent playing and interacting with your child. Many major medical centers have autism assessment clinics or professionals who specialize in diagnosing it.

Best Wishes
Rebecca Resnik
2 Comments
Blank
574101_tn?1245540620
I have went to a few dr. some say yes but the ones that have come to the house say no he is very playful friendly outgoing and loves new things he is very hyper, and has has a speech and hearing delay we go in next month for another hearing test so far he has not past one butt they are getting better each time.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
5624042_tn?1372200166
Tali Shenfield, PhDBlank
Richmond Hill Psychology Center
Richmond Hill, ON,
521840_tn?1348844371
Rebecca Resnik, PsyDBlank
MindWell Clinical Psychology
Bethesda, MD
MedHelp Health Answers