Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Colon imacted and lump in throat when I swallow. Bump at the base of my...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Colon imacted and lump in throat when I swallow. Bump at the base of my skull

About a month ago I had developed severe constipation. I also around that same time developed a lump feeling in my throat when I swallow. After two weeks I had labs done . Everything came back normal. A week or so later I had my physical. By this time I had been severely constipated for a month + and the lump was still in my throat. I am on a natural 30 day herbal cleanse. I can now have a bowel movement once per day. But it's not loose as it was with laxitives and my stomach isn't as bloated. But I still feel pressure above the navel and around that whole area as though something is there. The lump is gradually getting worse. I have a muscle/bump on the back of my head and the doctor thought originally that was causing the neck lump when I swallow.

Doctor has done an exam , I had cervical soft tissue xrays of my neck yesterday. No results yet. Constipation is better but I know something is not right.

No real fever. I usually run 98 something to 99 at one point in the day. I have no idea if I should demand a stomach ultrasound? A colonoscopy> Are my lymph nodes enlarged due to cancer? How would I know anything is cancer? This week I had two mammograms and an ultrasound. Small cyst or fibroid(?) but tiny and nothing to be concerned with. (or do I push to look harder?)
Your symptoms are kind of all over the map and don't fit neatly into one specific diagnosis IMO.  Constipation isn't usually a common symptom of leukemia or lymphoma, but the lumps you feel could be enlarged lymph nodes...most likely caused by something other than cancer.  Have you seen a specialist?  If you continue to feel the lumps and have that uncomfortable feeling above your navel, it might be good to see a gastroenterologist.  It seems reasonable to me to ask about having a colonoscopy, but maybe the specialist will have a better suggestion.  Are you staying well hydrated and eating lots of fiber?  Are you avoiding foods that are known to cause it (like cheese)?

In order to know if a lump is cancerous a biopsy must be done on it.  However, your doctor may avoid that if you have no other symptoms that suggest cancer is a possibility.  Good luck and please keep us posted on what you find out.
I agree. They are. The only consistency is that the lump in my throat and the constipation happened at the same time. So I have since seen my PCP three times. I have had a soft tissue xray, no abnormalities. I have had an ultrasound of my throat, nothing showed. She even asked me again where I was feeling the lump when I swallow. My thyroid looks great, no nodes and my glands are fine.

The constipation has gotten much much better with Dual Action Cleanse. I have been taking an herbal cleanse. And its really helping. But, I have noticed that my stools are still not a normal consistency. And most days now I feel MUCH better, but I still notice that my abdomen seems to stick out more than it did before.

So now I am thinking that I am going to have him take a different approach and have them look at my abdomen. Perhaps it is GERD and I am just not text book symptomatic. I don't have reflux or heartburn often. If at all. But my stomach still is not totally right. And I do have ringing in my right ear which is bugging me to death.

Weirdest thing I have ever dealt with. Also scheduling a chiropractic apt to see if getting adjusted will help things at all.

I have no weight loss or gain to speak of. I have no jaundice