Enlarged Spleen, Elevated WBC, Low Platelet, etc...
So I am a 23 year old male who has been going through a lot of tests lately because I have bad chest pain, fatigue and  shortness of breath as well as difficulty swallowing lately. My CT showed residual thymic tissue with an enlarged spleen and my CBC showed a slightly elevated WBC of 11,500, a slightly low platelet count of 140,000 and a MPV of 11.3, and I am not (to the best of my knowledge) fighting any infection. I have had a cath and an echo of my heart, and it and its arteries are perfectly fine, so could it be the residual thymic tissue causing all of these symptoms? Any help would really be appreciated because I dont get to see my new doc until the end of this week.
Hi biggin70,
I was just wondering how long you've had these symptoms and what your doctor had to say about your CT and CBC.  Does he believe that this could be some sort of infection?  Sometimes you can have an infection somewhere within your body and not even know it.  I'm assuming you had a chest x-ray?  With your chest pain, fatigue and shortness of breath I'd lean towards some sort of lung infection like bronchitis or pnemonia.  I don't know much about residual thymic tissue, but I'm assuming it's benign.  Is this tissue pushing on your esophogus, possibly causing you to have trouble swollowing?