Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Lumps in Neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Lumps in Neck

I noticed 2 lumps in the front of my neck..each side of the throat area, under the chin..they seem about the size of a cherry tomato and they are evenly spaced from each other.  Are those normal or do they need to be checked?  What are they called?  Lymph nodes?  I had thought they were suppose to be there.  I don't know how long they have been like that...could be always or just a few weeks.  They aren't sore...but my neck is sore near that huge, long, muscles going along the sides of  my neck.  I can't feel any nodes around that though.

I had swollen cervical nodes, which have diminished some, on my left side..2 of which I can't feel anymore, the other one is pea size..I can still feel it.  I just metion that because I feel like because I had those swollen nodes I may be a little more sensitive or paranoid about these that I've had for awhile.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
Hi.
The lumps in front of your neck could be enlarged lymph nodes.  The neck has many lymph nodes.  Most of the time, infection is the cause of enlargement of lymph nodes in the neck area.  Even with treatment of infection, these lymph nodes may persistently be enlarged.  
I would suggest for you to seek consult with your physician for further evaluation and management.
Good luck.