Lymph Nodes Under Jaw. Swelling More Each day
I don't know if this is the proper Section but here goes.

I have a lymph node under my teeth on the right side swelling up more and more each day. I went to the dentist and he said I needed a root canal but can't get to doing it for ATLEAST 2 months. I'm a smoker but cut back since it expanded.
I had one last night and haven't smoked at all today. My dentist gave me an offbrand of Vicodin the standard Hydrocodone and Amoxicillin. Should i attempt to take anythign else for an anti inflammatory?

It hurts to the point of causing ear aches.
Hi.
Can you clarify “lymph node under my teeth”?  Is it in the oral cavity, area near the chin, or at the angle of the jaw?  Are you having fever, difficulty in opening the mouth?
An infection on the tooth and/or gums can cause swelling of the lymph nodes near the area of the infection.  Stretching of the skin due to the swelling, as well as pressure effect on the surrounding normal structures can cause radiation of the pain.  In your case, the pain is radiated to your ear.
Did the condition improve after taking those medicines?  Amoxicillin is an antibiotic.  Hydrocodone is a pain reliever.  Those drugs should relieve the swelling and pain.