Morfing Lymphoma/Leukemia
I have done a lot of reasearch and asked questions and have yet to get any kind of ans wer. The question is can non-hodgkin lymphoma morf into leukemia or the other way around? 3 great aunts and uncles as well as my father died of leukemia. My father was 51 w/All. At 47 I was diagnoised w/ NHL stage 3-4. The family has a definite history of this disease.
Its my understanding that non-hodgkins can become leukemia (not sure about the other way around) but generally if this is going to happen it occurs during or shortly after treatment (chemo). My grandfather died of leukemia, so naturally when I found out my non-hodgkins could 'evolve' into leukemia, like you I was frightened! My take on this has come down to avoiding pollutants, particulary those petrolum based as I know my grandfather worked on the railroads and a woman I met during chemo was a highway construction worker (tar). The summer before I was diagnosed with NHL I had spent several weeks pulling the shingles/tiles from our patio roof,,, so it just makes me think these are best avoided because some people like us may just be highly sensative to the chemicals.