Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Please respond, lymph node issues!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Please respond, lymph node issues!

Before I start, PLEASE respond as I am very nervous about what could be going on behind my symptoms. Thank you in advance, even if you're not sure please just add your thoughts!

I'm a 24 y/o, healthy (as far as I know) male. In mid march of 09 I came down with a respiratory illness. I noticed my lymph node on the left side of my upper neck was enlarged. The lymph node is close to the carotid artery if that makes more sense. One of my friends came down with lymphoma recently, so I started freaking out about this lymph node and kept feeling it several times a day, every day for a week. The node was painful and fairly large.

To this day, the lymph node is still not down to normal size. It has definitely shrunk, but it seems to have days where it gets bigger and then shrinks. When I swallow, I can feel it, but it's not as bad as it used to be. What really scares me though, is that now the left side of my neck is sore. I also found a small, but palpable lymph node (occipital) on the back of my head on the left side.

Back in March when I came down with that cold I also developed a slight twitch in my fingers when grasping objects. Since then this issue has gotten much better and is barely detectable. Could that have been related to the lymph node as well? I'm confused and scared, PLEASE RESPOND. Thanks so much.