Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Sore left breast and burning in my arm
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sore left breast and burning in my arm

About 6 months ago, I went to my Doctor and got a total physical. To my surprise, my mamo came back showing I have a lump deep within my left breast near my chest wall. It was very dense and they performed a core biopsy which turned out fine. They also "marked the spot", for future exams, with a small titanium ribbon. Since then, I have burning and soreness in that breast and down my upper arm. Sometimes, it even feels like I have a little tenderness and burning in my neck and inner left thigh. Any idea what might be causing this? I talked with the nurse and asked if she thought it could be from the implanted marker but, she doesn't think so. I am returning for a follow up mamogram (mammogram) next month.
907672_tn?1381029323
I'm sorry you are having these problems.  Not that this is probable as it is rare that this happens, but perhaps they left something behind from the biopsy (like a surgical sponge)?  Are you experiencing any inflammation or excessive heat coming from your breast?  

My guess is they will want to do some type of X-ray to check on the implant.  Good luck and keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank