Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Swollen Groin Lymph Nodes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen Groin Lymph Nodes

The last couple of times I have consumed alcohol my glands have become swollen and painful the next day.

The first incident my neck glands swollen and became very sore.
The last two have caused pain in my groin area the next day- my glands here have been noticeable here for a couple of weeks.. Feel pea size, relatively firm and painless most of the time.

The doctor have examined me and felt a swollen gland in one of my armpits and either side of my groin. (my neck ones had gone down)

I have had blood tests and they have come back clear. I have booked another appointment with the Doctor as the day after drinking alcohol( the first two times, I probably had a little too much, but the latest episode I only had a couple of alcoholic beverages) different areas are tender and achey (achy).

Has anyone heard of this before? I am aware that this is also a symptom of Hodgkins (chronicle Google self diagnoser) but I believe this symptom usually occurs almost immediately after consuming alcohol.

I don't feel my Doctor is taking me seriously and would really appreciate any feedback whilst I wait for my appointment.

I know consuming lots of alcohol is bad for you and symptoms would cease if I stopped my alcohol in-take just these symptoms have never happened before and I am concerned of my constantly raised groin glands
1081992_tn?1389907237
Hi, yes I think you are right to be concerned. There have been some threads here on the subject of alcohol and nodes and Hodgkins. From what I gather from those threads, swelling and pain in nodes after alcohol doesn't necessarily mean Hodgkin's lymphoma, but it should lead to some investigation. I know that various articles in the web say differently. If you are aged around 20-30 then that's also something else to factor in.

Here are the threads: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/search/139?utf8=%26%23x2713%3B&query=alcohol

This one has various accounts:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Leukemia--Lymphoma-/pain-with-alcohol-cunsumption/show/364238

and this one:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Leukemia--Lymphoma-/Swollen-Lymph-Nodes-after-alcohol-consumption/show/385680

good luck

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Leukemia & Lymphoma Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank