Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
Worried about my two year old.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Worried about my two year old.

Well, about 1 month ago we took our two year old daughter in for her annual well child check up. Basically everything looked good and she was healthy but there was a "lump" on the left side of her neck, sort of mid way between the mandibular angle and the ear. It was quite hard and not mobile. The doctor reasoned this was a lymph node and most likely related to a recent cold our daughter had as well as her trying to cut her two year molars. We scheduled a follow up appointment for a month later to check the status of this node, the doctor assumed it would have gone down. We just took her to the follow up appointment and while the lump is not quite as large as it was it is still hard as a rock and immobile. This seemed to raise a flag to the doctor. She said it was most likely nothing but she was concerned about lymphoma. We have a cervical CT with contrast scheduled in a few days but I am worried sick. The lump is not even the size of a pea, it is painless, and there are no other symptoms of any kind. She seems to be a healthy 2 year old with the exception of the lump. What could this lump be? How likely is it to be something serious such as lymphoma vs a calcification or infectious process? Any help or information would be so helpful and very much appreciated.