Leukemia & Lymphoma Community
does this sound like hodgkins disease

This patient support community is for discussions relating to all leukemia and lymphoma issues, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML), ALL, AML, CLL, SLL, anemia, biopsy, bone pain, chemotherapy, Hodgkins Lymphoma, monoclonal antibody therapy, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, stem cell transplant , swelling, vaccine therapy, weakness, and weight loss.

does this sound like hodgkins disease

Swollen lymph nodes in left armpit, left elbow area and behind left leg where knee bends. Just swollen enough to be able to noticablly grab them, so doctors and nurse practioners can definalety palpate or feel them, but they are not extremely large, although they were about twice as large prior to reduction in size about 20 days after initial swelling. History : I had sex with a woman at the end of June. The next morning I felt like I had vd. Ten days later I went to a doctor to get treated for suspected vd, with swollen lymph nodes, but all tests were negative including HIV and RPR tests at 2 months and at three months. Was also swabbed twice for gono and chlamydia but they were neg. I was treated with various antibiotic, including cipro, z pack, and eventully doxycycline a couple of weeks later. After I began taking doxy, the swelling in the lymph nodes began to go down a little, but it did not go down by much. The pain and swelling was primarily in the left armpit, elbow and behind the left leg where it bends. I have since had these swollen lymph nodes for 5 months. All blood tests were normal/neg ,except I did show I had been exposed to Epstein Barr at some point, though I have never had symptoms of mono, other than if my swollen lymphs from June are from Epstein Barr, which can be a possible link to hodkins from what I am reading. I have an apt Tuesday to probably be referred to a histologist for lymph biopsy. My biggest concern is how quickly would this stuff generally spread to other nodes. Would it be stage 3 if lymph nodes in my armpit, elbow and knee are infected with the cells? If I have had this for 5 months, am I most likely uncurable at this point if it is hodgkins? I was also tested for hep and was neg for them, as well as up to date on hep vaccines. Liver panels all good.
I apologize for the delayed response to your question, but I was just curious if you ever ended up getting a biopsy and what the results were.  I had Non-Hodgkins lymphoma, which is a little different than hodgkins, but from what I understand there are several different kinds, and depending on the kind you have, is usually very curable.