Liver Disorders Community
HIGH ALT

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

HIGH ALT

Daignosed with hbv over a year ago. I don't take meat or processed food However,I commenced taking milk thistle and dandelion herb 8wks ago. Below are the result of  my test:
ALT is 60.6
AST 36.6
Total cholesterol  99
LdL is 44.8
Hemoglobin is 13.3
Neutrophils low 29.9
Lymphocytes 54.3
Monocytes 14.4
Eosinophils is low 0.9

PLEASE HELP WHAT CAN I DO?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

ALT levels appear to be raised. Check to see if you are a Hepatitis B carrier. It is a term used to describe those who have hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) in the blood for more than 6 months. In the meantime, you could follow certain precautions. Avoid smoking and alcohol. Avoid drugs like paracetamol and sedatives. Get vaccinated for hepatitis A. Take a good protein diet. And follow up with your doctor to monitor the enzyme levels.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
many thanks for your input.

i noticed weakness of both arms about in 2009 and had blood works done somehow HBV was not done.
Peripheral neuropathy was diagnosed yet i was loosing weight not untill Feb this year that HBV was discovered.
I've had LFT done once every 8wks and with all previous result falling in normal range.
I equally had a CT Scan that showed the liver is in normal size.
I do not smoke nor drink,i live an actve live with a very descent diet,i pratically live on organic fruit juice of Carrot,Beet,Cabbage,Lemon and apple.
I recently added Milk thistle,Dandelion and Ginger.
The only protein i take is scaled fish i avoid fried and processed food.

Viral load was 5200 in Feb, 250 in June im expecting the result from the lab in few days and will update you.

What can i do to arrest this situation?please i need help.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

As the liver function tests and ultrasonography are normal, you need not worry. And as the viral load is low, you may not need any therapy now. Just follow up with regular intervals monitoring your liver functions and the viral load. And take the precautions mentioned above.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.