Aa
A
A
Close
Liver function test- serum
I have got the result, 3 things are out of range. I am new to city and looking for doctor. Meanwhile, Can you help me to understand this?

S. Indirect Billirubin, 0.1 mg/dl, reference range 0.2 - 0.6
S.A/G Ratio, 1.14,  reference range 1.3 - 2
S.SGPT(ALT), 43 U/I, reference range 5 - 40

Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your liver enzymes seem to be elevated. The levels are elevated in liver disorders. Besides this they are also elevated in conditions like muscle injury and sometimes due to medications. If you do not have symptoms of liver disease like jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and fever, I would advise you to wait for now and repeat the test after four weeks to see how the levels are progressing.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thanks a lot ma'am. I feel feverish and I do not feel like eating much. I will wait and get the results again.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hello

You can have a hepatitis panel done to rule out an infection. As, the symptoms you experienced could be due to a prodromal phase of an infection, before the actual signs are evident. The body aches and general feeling of unwellness could indicate a viral infection. But it could also be due to bacterial infections of the gastrointestinal tract, urinary tract infections or lung infections. So, please consult your primary care physician at the earliest for proper assessment. He may ask for blood and urine tests to determine the cause. In the meantime take OTC acetaminophen for the temperature and try to take warm oral fluids.

Warm regards.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Ma'am, Can you please tell me exactly what kind of hepatitis panel I should go for? Pathology lab has N number of it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It's a hepatitis infection panel to rule out hepatitis A, B & C. Also, have blood counts done to see for the type of infection. A urine analysis and stool examination will further help to narrow down the diagnosis. If you can get back with your results could elaborate further.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
406584 tn?1399591666
Blank
10356 commented on Dee1956's status
5 hrs ago
317787 tn?1473362051
Blank