Liver Disorders Community
SGOT - SGPT - Danger Levels

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

SGOT - SGPT - Danger Levels

Dear

I have tested for Liver Function Test

The only OUT OF RANGE FACTORS ARE AS BELOW

SGPT - 107
SGOT - 78

I am a frequent drinker.

I am geting skin reddish iticy rashes for last few weeks
after i consume alcohol.

Kindly advise regarding the condition of lever,
Critical Values for SGOT - SGPT.

Apart from stopping alcohol what
do you prescribe to prevent the
present condition.

Regards
Sameer
Hello Sameer,

Serum Glutamic Oxalocetic Transaminase(SGOT) or AST is an enzyme found primarily in the liver, heart, kidney, pancreas, and muscles. Its normal reference range is Normal Adult Range: 0 - 42 U/L Optimal Adult Reading: 21.

Serum Glutamic Pyruvic Transaminase or ALT is an enzyme found primarily in the liver but also to a lesser degree, the heart and other tissues. It is useful in diagnosing liver function more so than SGOT levels. Normal Adult Range: 0 - 48 U/L Optimal Adult Reading: 24

In your case,SGPT levels are greater than SGOT. Alcohol is one of the most important offending agent for liver, but it typically causes a rise in SGOT which is more than SGPT (SGOT/SGPT ratio is more than 2).So in your case,alcohol is not the offending agent. Important causes for elevated SGPT are viral hepatitis B and C, fatty liver, certain hepatotoxic drugs, and autoimmune liver diseases.Pls get your self evaluated for these conditions from a gastroenterologist.

Itchy rashes may be due to liver pathlogy or even allergy to constituents of alcohol.So complete stoppage of alcohol is necessary.

Hope it helps.Take care andpls do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your advise.

I will surely act on it.

Obliged.
Sameer
Hello

My husband 56 years old has a higher level of sgpt and sgot which is 187 and 92 respectively. He had been taking medicine to lower down this enzymes and also he had undergone ultrasound and the result was he has a fatty liver. it's been one year he had taken essentiale 40 and quarterly he had his liver test and the results were not normal and still at the higher range.

He stopped drinking alcohol since he had been diagnosed with fatty liver but he takes medicine for his hypertension which blood pressure will not lower than 140/100.

What could you prescribe or recommend regarding his situation?

Truly yours,

Ellen
Hello

Truly yours,

Ellen

Fatty liver is a reversible condition where large vacuoles of triglyceride fat accumulate in liver cells via the process of steatosis.As the name suggests,it means the build-up of excess fat in the liver cells.It is mainly caused as a result of obesity and alcohol intake.

Fatty liver may cause no damage, but sometimes the excess fat leads to inflammation of the liver. An inflamed liver may become scarred and hardened over time. This condition, called cirrhosis, is serious and often leads to liver failure.

In addition to abstinence from alcohol,losing weight gradually and safely(losing no more than one or two pounds a week), lowering triglycerides through diet or medications,diabetes control and eating healthy diet will help.I feel that your husband should get himself screened for hep B and C and autoimmune heapatitis also as both cause increased SGPT levels.

A consultation from a gastroenterologist or a hepatologist will be the best.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries.

My daughter who is 25 years old & healthy in general had a fever 4 days back, which raised upto 104 degree, but reduced soon after Paracetamol & putting Water on Head. Next day she had vomit twice after eating, the fever gradually came to normal on 2nd day. On day 3, we took her to Medicine Doctor in Hospital & he gave Tests for SGPT & SGOT, also Billirubin. The Bilirubin was 0.56 mg/dl, where as the SGPT & SGOT was ABNORMAL- 5200 & 4510 U/L respectively. This is 100 times over normal range (As I see 42 & 37). Doctor said may be she being growing Joandice. He asked to repeat the TEST after 3 days plus -Anti HAV lgM & HEV lgm(What Idon't know) TEST. We are very doubtful about SGPT & SGOT LAB results. Otherwise she is FINE NOW including Diet & no fever. Could you SEND AN EARLY remark.

Very high levels of liver enzymes are more commonly found in viral hepatitis, liver damage, biliary duct problems, infectious mononucleosis,congestive heart failure or myopathy.I feel the possibility of infectious mononucleosis or viral hepatitis high in your daughter,s case.

Hepatitis A is an acute infectious disease of the liver caused by Hepatitis A virus which is most commonly transmitted by the fecal-oral route via contaminated food or drinking water.Symptoms are like that of influenza and sometimes patients may show no symptoms at all.Diagnosed by anti Hep A IgM antibody testing. IgM antibody is only present in the blood following an acute hepatitis A infection. It is detectable from one to two weeks after the initial infection and persists for up to 14 weeks.

Hep E is viral hepatitis caused by hep E virus. The incidence of hepatitis E is highest in adults between the ages of 15 and 40.It usually goes away by itself and the patient recovers within a short time.Also transmitted by feco oral route and diagnosed by blood tests for anti Hep E antibodies.

Hope I have provided you with sufficient information.In case you have any additional queries,then pls post us.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how your daughter is doing.
Thank you for your wonderful undertanding of the Scenario. Today (after 3 days of last Test) as per Doctor's suggestion SGPT & SGOT Test were done which are 2000 & 600 U/L respectively, showing a Good down trend.No other Physical Symtom. The Test Result of Hyp E & A including Anti body, as you said will be delivered after 3 days. A Blood Culture Test (24hr,48hr,72hr) is to delivered tomorrow.

As of now, she is little tired of eating non-spicy boiled food & at times asks for Branded Ice Cream or Barbecue Chicken.

Could you be kind enough to give an idea of her Diet.

Otherwise, she is doing well, staying at home- bored!!!

Some of the diet are to be avoided in hepatitis.Pls remember,some the enzymes which aid in digestion are released by liver.If the liver is diseased,taking some particular foods puts an extra pressure on the diseased liver.Some of the foods that are to be avoided are animal products,fruit juices,artificial sweeteners lke saccharin,junk food, caffeine, including colas, chocolate, coffee,bleached white flour,hydrogenated oils,processed foods and shellfish.

Pls log on to the foolowing website to get a detailed view of the do’s and don’ts in hepatitis:
http://****.***

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted in case of any additional queries.

Hello
Yesterday the Test result of my Daughter arrived. She has Hyp E Positive,  10 days has past of first Symptom. As aid it persists for 2 weeks.Her Hyp E count is 3.2 (Normal 0.3 as Ref). Shown Lever specialist immidiately, who suggested similar Diet as yours & Rest for another week at home. She is Clinically Normal. Doctor asked to have SGPT & SPOT Test after 3 to 4 days. He has also given a Vitamin. I think she is recovering well by grace of almighty. If you have any suggestion, please comment. Thanks for all your Medical Help.
Dear Sir,

Hellow. I am Sameer and had written to you as below.

have tested for Liver Function Test

SGPT - 107
SGOT - 78

I am a frequent drinker.

after i consume alcohol.

requesting you to advise on the critical levels.

For you you have guided me superbly.

Now there are some developments.

I am getting swelling on my frontal face eyelids, lips
cheeks and chin with bumps as well.

This does not happen always when I drink alcohol.
But yes it happens that I had alcohol for a day or 2 before
then i get this, not always.

Yesterday I had huge swelling of my eyelids and lips
They seemed to be bloated 2 to 3 times the normal size
I also hads bumps on cheeks and chin. It was so horrible
that I had to take steorid injection to subdue it.

Please advise on the causes.

I am a frequent traverller and intending to
take medical adivse with my test results.
Also m thyroid results were normal as is my BP.

Please advise on the causes and as to which
type of medical practitioner I should refer.

Also is this an allergic reaction to Alcohol.

Regards
Sameer

Are you taking some drugs like metronidazole which can interfere with the metabolism of alcohol and causes disulfiram like reaction?Your symptoms are suggestive of either a disulfiram type of reaction or an allergic reaction to alcohol.

It is usually not the alcohol that produces the allergic reaction to the wine or beer. The other ingredients in the alcohol, such as yeast, sulfur dioxide, and additives are often the culprits. Beer may contain a variety of ingredients, including barley, corn, wheat, and rye that may precipitate an allergic reaction while wine contains sulfites.

I feel that it is important to find out the ingredient in alcohol to which you might be allergic.For that pls consult an allergy specialist and get skin ***** tests and blood tests for allergy done. If the skin testing is negative, it is likely that you are intolerant to alcohol. If the skin testing is positive, you should avoid food and drink that contain that specific ingredient. Avoidance of alcohol is the main treatment available.Other treatment options include antihistaminics,corticosteroids and immunotherapy.

Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries.

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your advise.

No I am not taking any drugs. So can it be that my body had started becoming allergic to alcohol. On second thought I think that I have had beers everytime I had the Swelling and Bump Problem. I would look into your advise and do accordingly. Also if possible please advise is these symptoms precursor to something dangerous to liver or to body

Thanks for your detailed advise.

Regards
Sameer
i had a blood test yesterday .. and my sgpt alt came to 78 ..is it danger .. i had 5 glass of whiskey 48 hrs before taking test ...does it can be the cause of increased sgpt... plz help me

kishan

kishan
I was taking cytomid (flutomide) for a period of 7 months (starting Feb 2009). I got the first test done in may where my SGPT level was 100. The doctor overlook the same unfortunately. Now my SGPT is 350, SGOT is 275, S.GammaGT is 30 and all Bilirubin levels bordering at higher side permissible levels. Now the doc has told me immediately to discontinue the medication. Should I be worried???

Plz help
i have sgot of 52 and normal sgpt
u/s is normal
i have itchy rashes
no other signs
please for your kind care
i m 35 weeks pregnant. recently i started having itchiness all over my body. in my LFT test my SGOT is 56.4 ang Sgpt is 52.6.i worried for my unborn baby. i hopeit wont be harmful for my baby. please reply. i have heard about the cholestasis -itchiness during the last trimester of pregnancy which is very harmf\ul for the baby. (would like to mention that during night the ithinessis worsens and its more on my palms and soles ofmy feet)
hello,

first of all, thanks for all the professionals here for their wonderful response. I am 29 yrs old man, had alcohol problems but been abstaining for past 3 months after i started getting pain in my "liver" (yeah, it feels like liver pain).

i did a CT scan 2 weeks ago and my gastro told me i have "fatty liver". Somewhere in wikipedia i heard that it will take a decade or so of heavy boozing to develop fatty liver, but in my case less than 3 years! today that i did SGPT and SGOT tests, sgpt 103 and sgot 58 (again, ratio of which is less than 0 and normally would have ruled out alcoholic liver disease, but here I KNOW its because of my alcohol!

I was prescribed to take two drugs, one is ursodioxycholic acid, another is metadoxine. at present my doubts are:

what all are the live-friendly diet? i heard that fatty liver disease is totally unrelated to fat foods, so avoiding fatty food will have any impact?

again, i normally have daily edurance workout (10 km walk at 9'/km), would it offend my prognosis?

thanks,
WeepingLiver
im very much willing to give part of my liver to someone there in canada. you can reach me thru email ***@**** or thru mobile +639212759611

Hello Doctor,

My name is Aditya and am 35 years old. I had a GIST &was operated, The GIST was completely removed & PET CT SCAN mentioned no metabolically alive cells, As precaution I was put on Imatinib for last 4 months. LFT was normal for first 3 months, This month I have raised SGOT & SGPT LEVELS & also HBV Ag is positive ( Was Negative in test done before my Surgery).Should I continue on Imatinib or need to go for a second opinion. What is the course duration & Will this HBV ben cured.
Thanks in Advance
Adi

I am Sudhakar, 29. I am concerned with my Liver report.
SGOT: 69, SGPT: 77, Total Protein: 8.4, Albumin: 5.2.
These levels are above the normal range.
I used to smoke a lot but reduced these days to 5-6 per day.
Is this the major reason

Thanks,
Sudhakar
My mother is 50 years old.she has HCV+ her SGPT/ALT is 78 is it dangrous or not and what is the highest rate for SGPT/AlT
Hello Doctor,
Is it advisable to take ursodiol 300 mg to reduce SGPT and SGOT levels?
My dcotore has prescribed me this. I have fatty lever and SGPT level is slightly high (<60). Should I take this medicine?
i had a blood test yesterday .. and my sgpt alt came to 152 and  sgot 111..is it danger .. i never drinking in my hole life and not smooking and never use any drug plz help me my age is 39
Hello sir,

I recently had a LFT done and the reports is as below. I am having gas problem and also itchy skin. Can you please suggest what could be wrong and what I should do further. Many thanks in advance.

Cholestrol =155.4 Mg/dl
Triglycerides =185 Mg/dl
Cholestrol-HDL =37 Mg/dl
Cholestrol-LDL =81.4 Mg/dl
Cholestrol-VLDL =37 Mg/dl
T.Chol/HDL Chol ratio =4.2 U/L
Creatinine serum =1.31  Mg/dl
SGPT (ALT) =101.3 U/L
GGT(gamma glutamyl transpeptidase) =38.2 U/L
SGOT(AST) =55.7 U/L
Uric acid – serum =6.8 Mg/dl
Uric acid – fasting =95.3 Mg/dl

Regards
hi,
i am 20 years of age.a month ago doctors declared that i had been attacked with hepatitis e.That time my bilirubin was 4.6 , sgpt 90. Then after two weeks my bilirubin went up to 22.4 and sgpt was 68..and protomintyp was 29 . then again after a week my bilirubin was 30 , sgpt  was 48 and protomintyp was 14.One more thing that i have atropic dernatisis problem.so what do u think about me ??? is my condition is good ?? Many thaks in advance...
hello

i am kestmith banaag. my dad has fatty liver and has SGPT level of 158. he also has high amount of bad cholesterol. he is worried about his health and worried he might fail medical exams for his work. he had his check up and the doctor said that he should take essentiale forte and to take ezetrol. he doesn't have hepatitis. what do you suggest we do?
Hello Sir,

I have tested for Liver Function Test for my father

The only OUT OF RANGE FACTORS are :

SGPT(Alt) - 197
SGOT(Ast)- 117

M C V (Mean Corpuscular Volume) :  102.2

MCH : H 35.5

RDW :  16.2

Globulin :H 4.50

Total Cholesterol :  208.00

LDL Cholesterol (DIRECT) :  138.20

CHOL/HDL Ratio :  5.07

My father is a frequent drinker.

Kindly advise regarding the condition of lever and other things

thanks,
Ritu
Hello doctor,

I am 40 years of age & my weight is 92 Kgs. For past two & half months I had increased Bilirubin count.

At present my bilirubin count is

Total-1.08
Direct -0.46
& SGPT is 44 U/L.

I have no specific symptoms other than getting exhausted too early or slight breathing problem while climbing staircases.

I have recently started walking brisk walking for around 3 Kms same speed.

Is this all indicating to anything serious.

Please reply.

Shailesh Rane

I had also very high SGPT & SGOT(161, 97). During last one year I took medicine Udiliv250. But it didn't help.

During last 1 month I was  controlled diet and reduced weight through physical excecise.
I used to take Turmeric in empty stomach every morning and have beat root with my breakfast.

finally it helped. Now SGPT and SGOT in normal range (42, 37)
My name is Ravi, i am taking pyridoxine & R cinex from past 1 year as prescribed by my doctor as a treatment for my backbone pain. before 1 month i had fever conituous for 8 days, my doctor advised me to have some tests.following disorders were found in the tests for LFT;

SGOT 140.00
SGPT 259.00

My doctor advised me to stop taking Pyridoxine & R cinex imeediately & advised me to take DIAGLIN.

I never intake alcohal (alcohol), Kindly advise me as how to control high SGOT & SGPT, Suggest if DIAGLIN will help me to control SGOT & SGPT & if my doctor is providing me right treatment?
Kindly reply as soon as possible.
this is very serous problem  abot SGPT &BILLIRUBIN levels...i had hgh levels (56-117) frm April 2010 i keeps on moving up &down .... i had consulted many doctors (gastro specalist) i had gone thru many tests lyk all the hepatitis .... tey all are negative... t still my LFT are not becoming normal..... i had a test of liver & that also is normal........i dont know wt to do i visit th doctor & he told me to take the tablets like hepamerz & liv 52DS  & to be n a normal diet ...........i had stopped drinking alochol frm last october 2010 .... .......plz help me ..wt to do....... i dont i dont have any symptomps of any jaundice ....my urine color is clear no yellowish color ...no pain in stomach .... i dont knwwt s happning to me.... plzz is it normal that SGPT levels
Hi. I am rodel. 31 years old. Yesterday I had laboratory test . My creatinine is below  normal, only 43. But my SGPT and SGOT are high 65 and 42 respectively. The remaining blood test are just normal eg, FBS, cholesterol, etc..

What do you mean by this doc?  what food should i avoid and what food should i eat so that my SGPT, SGOT and creatine back to normal range.

thanks,

Rodel
I AM 48 YRS OLD(F) .I AM ENDURING HARMONAL TREATMENT .SINCE I STARTED MY TREATMENT I FELT SOME PROBLEM IN MY LIVER BT DUE TO UNAWARNESS MY (SGOT IS 205 & SGPT 376)
.AS ADVICED BY DOC. I HAVE STOPPED HARMONAL PILLS .. IS THIS A DANGEROUS SITUATIONS . PLZ HELP ME BY SUGGEST ME WAYS TO OVERCOME THE SITUATION .. (SHOULD I DO REGULAR EXERCISE AS I FEEL PROBLEM IN BREATHING AND SUGGEST SM DIETORY PRECAUTIONS TOO)
Doctor, i had gone through the complete blood test for my physical examination, everything was fine but my SGPT level was higher that is 61...and SGOT level was 32....But after one week I again go for the test the result shows that now SGPT is 76 and SGOT is 38....so please guide me what should i do? Is it good to take Ursodesoxycholic Acid 300 table a day?
Any help I get I am thankful for.  i have had several health issues in the past.  From beng diagnosed with PCOS (Polycistic Ovarian Syndrome) resulting in having to take diabetic medicine to maintain, Gout, Osteonecrosis of the knee which resulted in a donor knee in 2007, diagnosis of an auto-immune disease of psoriasis of the scalp due to testing positive to ANA blood tests, and alot of other things.  i originally went to a endocrinologist for the positive ANA tests, but what my doctor ended up being more concerned over were my elevated AST of 230 and ALt of 275 levels as of recent.  they have been slowly raising since 1 year ago.  I had a sono of my liver done and it diagnosed me with fatty liver disease.  i was told to loose weight and the levels would come down, but all they do is go up.  one of the things i had to sign off on for my donor surgery was the fact i could contract a disease.  now i am starting to worry if i did, and if so, what.  also, on my most recent blood test i had a GGT of 299 and a BUN of 6.  does any of this make any sense and point anyone in a direction i could go?
My wife, 48 years, has been experiencing fatty liver and finds it difficult to eat.  She has recently done a complete blood test and the major variances are given below:

CHOLESTEROL 208 mg/dL [ 125 - 200 ]
TRIGLYCERIDES 101 mg/dL [ 40 - 150 ]
HDL CHOLESTEROL 40 mg/dL [ 30 - 70 ]
LDL CHOLESTEROL 148 mg/dL [ 80 - 130 ]
VLDL CHOLESTROL 20 mg/dL [ 5 - 40 ]
TC/HDL Cholesterol Ratio 5.20 RATIO [ 3 - 5 ]
LDL/HDL Ratio 3.7 RATIO [ 1.5 - 3.5 ]
Technology used
BILIRUBIN TOTAL 0.7 mg/dL < 1.2
BILIRUBIN DIRECT 0.2 mg/dL < 0.3
BILIRUBIN INDIRECT 0.5 mg/dL [ 0.1 - 1.0 ]
SGOT 51 U/L [ 6 - 38 ]
SGPT 82 U/L [ 8 - 45 ]
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 103 U/L [ 53 - 141 ]
TOTAL PROTEIN 6.8 gm/dL [ 6.0 - 8.0 ]
ALBUMIN - SERUM 3.8 gm/dL [ 3.7 - 4.5 ]
GLOBULIN - SERUM 3.0 gm/dL [ 2.3 - 3.5 ]
A/G RATIO 1.3:1

She is currently under treatment and has been taking medicine.  My request is to find out the best diet for her and suitable exercise on a regular basis.

Said M

CHOLESTEROL 208 mg/dL [ 125 - 200 ]
TRIGLYCERIDES 101 mg/dL [ 40 - 150 ]
HDL CHOLESTEROL 40 mg/dL [ 30 - 70 ]
LDL CHOLESTEROL 148 mg/dL [ 80 - 130 ]
VLDL CHOLESTROL 20 mg/dL [ 5 - 40 ]
LDL/HDL Ratio 3.7 RATIO [ 1.5 - 3.5 ]
Technology used
BILIRUBIN TOTAL 0.7 mg/dL < 1.2
BILIRUBIN DIRECT 0.2 mg/dL < 0.3
SGOT 51 U/L [ 6 - 38 ]
SGPT 82 U/L [ 8 - 45 ]
TOTAL PROTEIN 6.8 gm/dL [ 6.0 - 8.0 ]
ALBUMIN - SERUM 3.8 gm/dL [ 3.7 - 4.5 ]
A/G RATIO 1.3:1

Said M

mime 2 my Sgpt before is 263 so my doctor told me to take a godex 1 capsule a day..and she also told me to get a test after 1 week... but the result turns higher it increase to 276 what would i do?
Hello Doctor

We need your suggestion. My father has went through the major surgery of perforation peritonitis with septicaemia with MOD in K/C/O COPD  with AF with IHD.
Operation was done on 20-08-2011. Today(01-09-2011) his consious level is increase. However his SGPT:221 SGOT: 539.
Also
Creatinine is 3.4
Bilrubin is 7.4
Urine o/p per day is averagely 2000 ml

He is admitted in one of the wellknow hospital at aurgabad. dhoot.

Kindly suggest how we can bring the SGPt and SGOT in range.
My LFT test shows SGOT AS 139 AND SGPT AS 199 ,MY ULTRASOUND shows nothing?
I have been given medicines as UROSOL 450MG TWICE DAILY WITH ESSENTAILE-L twice daily too ,is there any side effects of these medicines or should i consult another doctor as my ultarsound report is ok and i am having no problem with my liver,i had just gone for routine LFT test as i am drinking alochol for past 4 years on almost regular basis(2-3 pegs daily)
I am a 42 year old male and just got my blood work tests back my sgot was 346 and my SGPT was 94.   The only medication I take from time to time is Pravastatin.  Any ideas on how to lower it?
Hello Doctor,
My father is having fever since four days, he is very fatigue, we went to doctor he suggested some of the blood tests like ESR, LFT etc. in which they found that his SGOT and SGPT levels are very high and suspected that he have HEPB .. i dont know what to do .. can u pls suggest me

Thanks,
Samartha
HI, my wife(28 months pregnant) is facing severe itching throughout her body and not able to sleep for the past 4 nights. She met the doctor(Gyno) and went for a SGPT test thru Blood test and found 210 unit per ml (Haemetology- liver-SGPT) and has been adviced URSOKEM(ursodeoxycholic acid). Although, don't have much improvement. Please advice.
Secondly, Is there any impact to the baby?

Thanks Raj

Thanks Raj
Hello Doctor,
   My mother is 44.She has recently been diagnosed with elevated sgpt level.Since past 4-5 years she has been facing a sudden swelling problem on eiher 1 eyelid or upper lip 0r chin or lower lip.She gets this swelling in the morning & this sweling does not go off till evening or even for days sometimes.It's just unpredictable when she gets this kind of swelling.She has never drunk or had non-veg.She is very tensed because of this sweeling thing.I wanted to ask you if elevated sgpt levels could be a reason for this swelling?
iam 110 kilos weigh and ihave gastric my blood pressure some time 140/90 ..
ifeel so uncomfotable i ge sweeting to my hands and legs and ihave some ime pain in upper and lower docter told to do liver profile because iuse to take drinks lot.now istop drinking ..ineed to find out why iam geing high blood pressure high iam just 29 years other.... uric acid -7.9
                                              cholestrol 154
                                              serum creaine -0.91 please help me
Hello doctor,
My daughter age 5Yrs, Suffering from vomiting for last 5 days.also had mild fever for firts 2 days then she had no fever. she did not eat anything for last 2 days.Now there is no vomiting since last 3 days.But she is not normal charming like before. we have done blood test and found SGPT is 50 U/L.
what could be the reason for this
Dear Doctor

I have checked my LFT test and its values as SGPT=107 and SGOT =61.7.
Every week ,regularly I am taking drinks and also I took whisky a day before the test.Kindly request for your advise whether my liver has any problem or not.Up and till now I never using any medicine.
Also I have checked my Sugar and cholestrol,both are in border level.

Looking forward your valuable reply and oblige.

Regards
Antony
Hi Everyone,

I have dont any reports right now to share with, But this is regarding my wife, this first happened 4yrs back, we had break off before marraige and she took several pills to commit suicide, but at that time she never went under any test or treatments and never had any liver pain, but as a side effect of those tablets, she got several boils on her back, which gradullay reduced, in 2010 there was big quarrel between us and she had lots of pills again, like cetzine, crocins, cyclopams etc, which resulted in beginning of liver pain, her SGOT and SGPT had increased a lot, also she used to get Menstrual cycles anytime and atleast twice in a month, we started treatment very late almost after 3months the pain started, but as we never disclosed to the doctors whatever happened they started treatment as per their basics and she used to get pain after having any medicine, she stopped medicines and never went to doctor again, after healthy diet all that pain was gone and gradullay the Menstrual cycle was also in control but that took almost 2011 mid, now again a week back due a unusal misunderstanding she went into depression again and had several pills again, since very next day she started getting liver pain, we have not yet consulted doctors, she is not ready to inform this to anyone and also dont want to go to doctors, iam worried about, i think this affected her very badly this time, what should i do to cure her completely from this liver problem, how much severe is this, if possible what type of doctor should we consult, if i couldnt manage to take her to doctor, what test should i do and what medications should she take and what should be her diet, please help me as much in detail as possible as i her life is very important for me.

Regards,
Sandeep Raut.
mY 6 YEARS SON BLOOD TEST REPORT IS AS FOLLOW-

SGPT - 285
SGOT -  180
CPK   -  8750

What above report indicates.Now he is under treatment for the same.

Rgds,

Sandip
i am on ATT last 65 days 3 days back now i am on 3 drug but today my SGPT is 102 should i stop ATT or continued
                                                                                                                                                            samay vir  singh
                                                                                                                                                             bulandshahr u p
Hi All,

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs..These will be helpful all the time ...

My wife is 16 weeks pregnant and she was quite well and suddenly she has increased problem of itching and after trying some traditional techniques like applying olive oil, but dint help much. We saw the doctor and advised her for LFT. The report was having SGPT of 575 and SGOT of 600. These are very much deviating from the normal range.. nearly 15 times...

We also have seen a physician and doctor advised Udiliv 300mg twice a day and advised to reduce oily foods and drink warm water much..

Please advise...She is sufferer so much from itching....She is not able to sleep through out the day,....and experiencing lot of itchy problems in every part of the body

Pls advice..

My SGOT was 45 (elevated) but shortly after being tested I got a yeast infection. Could that have cause the elevation?
My jaundice is 4.2 (bilrubin), I want the way to cure it and diet I should take and duration of rest in a day.
Hello Doctor

We need your advice,

When i made my blood test yesterday the SGOT = H58 & in the analysis report write i recomend to do hepatitis marker is that indicate for anything
Also SGPT (ALT) = 44
I 'm this days suffer from most propably kidny stone
i take medication for it : 1- Effervecence for sales , 2- Rowatinix for stone
is that the resone for elevation or i must do more tests?

Plz Advice

Regards,
Mariam
I'm a 28 years old male and have SGPT of 166 and SGOT 82. I also have got a high Alchaline Phosphatase of 345. I am a fairly moderate drinker with one or two beers or wine a week.
what I 'm curious to know is if a sudden change in eating habits could cause such high enzymes level, as I had my blood tested right after an intense two-week use of fatty food! (my Cholestrol level is a bit high too with 216).
I haven't had history of Hepatites or any other liver-related issues before.
The other test results are all within the normal range.
Please advice. Thanks!

My sgpt(alt) count is 58 and gamma gt is 94 and i am reqired to do a medical test for a job in MNC,does this count affect my job.please answer
What is fatty liver and with sgpt/sgot of 96/75 what is the recommended treatment .
Hi Doctor

My SGPT/SGOT levels are bit high as per report
SGPT- 43--HIGH
SGOT-26-NORMAL

Please suggest what could be the possible cause for this , i am occasional drinker like once in a month but i do drink sweet drinks like rasna,frooti etc.

Please suggest .
hello..i am botherd about my sgot result which is 102 iu/ml..the doctor said that it is elevated..I was advised to take godex 3x a day for 7 days and do the follow up lab test after 1 week..my question is..what is the normal range  or values of SGOT in IU/ML? i coudnt find any reference stating the normal value in ml but only in Liter..i dont know how to convert..please..i will apreciate your responce on this..thank you
i am boy rashid, i got fever 102, 5 days back, i took antibiotics tab, i got well in the day but in evening its returns with cold and body pain i took some medicine but fever comes goes i was worried cosulted a physician he took my blood test in which my SGPT is 44, and he as prescribed some medicine, tell some of the precaution becoz i am scared that this problem do not be the worst.. some food tips... some precaution... waiting for your early reply..plz
My SGPT IS 32U/L  AND SGOT IS 43U/L IS IT OK?
sir
    I am suffering from allergy and autopy dermatis since 6 months
    i am taking cetrazine then after 3 days it starts again my sgot/alt level is 135.i am taking udliv 300 but has no effect.

please help me
Hi Doctor,

My son who is 27 years old is having liver problem.
As per the report his;
SGOT- 107
SGPT- 167.

He is getting medication for this. Please tell me what diet i should give him to get back to normal range.

Thanx.
Kanwal
my brother was diagnosed with jaundice. his S.G.P.T. was 975. After taking medicines and all precautions he again went for test. but now his S.G.P.T. is 1145. How is this possible.
my sgpt is 94 so please guide me what should i do

and how we get normal stage

if any body know about it then please send me email my email id is ***@****
Hi Raj,

Hope you had a healthy baby. Can you share your experience as my wife is facing the same problem. ? What all precautions u took for your wife. pls reply !

I am 36 weeks pregnent and having so much itching all over the body, Doc has asked me to do some test SGOT,SGPT and its on Higher side 256,230. is there any effect of the baby heart beat.
.Hi Raj,

Hope you had a healthy baby. Can you share your experience as I am also facing the same problem. ? What all precautions u took for your wife. pls reply ! .is there any effet on baby heart beat
hi im mary,

im 26 yo just had  my  check up and i have sgpt of 79 and sgot of 49 what will i do..im panicking:(
hello ma'am

I m prabhat. i got my blood tested and i found my SGPT as 104 and SGOT as 116. I m 20 year old and i do not drink or smoke. I go for a jog everyday but there is no difference. and due to this mt skin has become red n its always itchy. plzzzz suggest something so that i get rid of it.
I Vishal, Now My SGPT level is 112. It is every time increased since 8 months. when i take medicine SGPT level is decreased. What precautions & medicine will take to me. I don't take never drink(Alchochal) . Plz advice me.
Hello Mam,

I am 30 year male, recently while going through the routeen check up I found that my SGOT is 80 nad SGPT is 72 and my serum triglycerides are 180. There after i have gone through the ultrasound and my altrasound report says that finding of grade-I diffuse fatty infiltration of liver.

Pleaswe suggest me whether I have any reason to worry about this and way to cure the same.

I have tested for Liver Function Test

SGPT - 65.6
SGOT - 47.5
My bilurbin level is 1.8
Direct bilurbin 0.5.
Sgot 26
Sgpt 18
As per lft report.
I have been having nausea and loose stool for 3 weeks now.
Initially I used to feel fatigue and cold chills but now this is over.
I have nausea and loose stool now and mild right upper abdominal pain.
I have slight yellow colour urine in the morning.
Kindly advice me what to do
Mine was tested fatty lever. My SGPT was 118 SGOT 75 now after 2 months of medication it is 67,32 respectively, I used to take drinks dailly earlier, now take less frequently.can i take drinks sometimes.and should i stop taking medicine now.
Sir my wife admitted yesterday due to fever and vomiting now the blood report shows sgpt 2230 .
I am very afraid why this very high no.she is not eating  coconut water drinking is it good ?please help me
Thank you
I've much pain in my muscles, both arm, back side of chest & joints from last 7 days. Yesterday I go to my doctor & they suggest me to go for blood test( Hemagram) in my blood test:

HB: 12.9 gm/dl
TLC: 13400 /cumm
Neutrophil: 74 %
LYMPHOCYTE: 17 %
EOSINOPHIL: 7 %
MONOCYTE: 1 %
ESR: 37 mm/1st hr.
RBC COUNT: 5.16 millions/cmm
PCV: 43.6 %
MCV: 84.6 fl.
MCH: 25.0 Picogram
MCHC: 29.5 gm/dl
Platelet Count: 3.57 Lakh/cmm
SGPT: 80 IU/L

Please let me know what is the reason why my TLC & SGPT count increase, also please let me know is there any serious issue???

Thanks,
Aslam
Hello,My husband Age-29 He is a drinker.Her liver function test report is this:Serum Bilirubin Direct:0.42;SGOT;161;SGPT;216;SERUM GLOBULIN;2.4 SO PLZ TELL ME WHAT I DO.    

I am 26 years of Age and my SGOT level is 65.7 and SGPT level is 75.3.Is it necessary to completely stop alcohol intake or there is another way to lower them down.Please help.
hello doctor,
My name is Mahendra & I'm 14.The palms of my legs and hands have swelled and my SGOT is 99 abd SGPT is 120. I really cant walk. It will be really helpful if u tell me am I affected by jaundice or not.

with hope,

Mahendra

HI Sir,
My Name is Shufil,Age 36

SGOT 190
SGPT 43

Could you please advice me , my liver function is correct ?, please advice me how can back to normal stage .

Regards,
Shufil
hello mam my conjugated bilirubin is 0.4
SGOT (AST) 70 AND SGPT (ALT) 118 AND GAMMA G.T. 106
So tell me what should i do about treatment and food or fruit if any dangerous then plz help me
Dear

I have tested for Liver Function Test

SGPT - 73
SGOT - 49

I am a frequent drinker.

Critical Values for SGOT - SGPT.

My 10 months baby was suffering from fever. Doctor advised for a blood test. The test says that it has S.G.P.T. (UV Kinetic) value 55 U/L. Is this normal or something to worry about?
with regards,
saroz
ASsam
hello sir
my name is goooooodname
i have total bilirubin is 3.4  it is being from 6 month i have try my best to decrease it in a normal position but i failed. i am very in trouble.
SGPT level is 26
Ags  negative
plz help me with your precocious  knowledgr
Dear Doc.
I am Sovi (30 Yrs). My LFT test shows: SGOT/AST- 70 IU/L, SGPT/ALT -131.0 IU/L, Glutamyl transferase- 337, Alkaline Phosphatase -849, AA/G -(Ratio) 1.1. How badly is my liver damaged? I don't smoke or drink,

Please Help.
what could be the interpretation of following LFT

20 y/F Muslim 8 MOA
Fasting Sugar 87 mg/dl
T bil               1.0 mg/dl
D bil               0.4 mg/dl
T. Protein       6.1  g/dl
Alb                3.4  g/dl
ALT               451 IU/L
AST              262 IU/L
ALP              170 U/L
Sorry Mem i didn't put your name properly.
DEAR DOCTOR-

BLOOD GLUCOSE(FASTING)-  128 MG%
BLOOD GLUCOSE(PP)-  207  MG%
SGPT(ALT)-  124  U/L

SERUM URIC ACID- 9.3 MG%

PLEASE TELL ABOUT THE PROBLEM?

MEDICINE TAKING- LOSARAL 50-EVENING, LOSARTAN H- MORNING, GLYCIPHAGE G1( HALF TAB , 15 MINUTES BEFORE LAUNCH. AND MULTIVITAMIN- i) NUJIKA (ONE MONTH COURSE DONE), ii) BECOSULES SYRUP DAILY DOSE TAKING (AS PER REQUIREMENT).

PLEASE ADVICE AS NECESSARY?

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
GOPAL.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/balpurandarm44
Dear

I have tested for Liver Function Test

SGPT - 109.9
SGOT - 107

I am a frequent drinker.

Critical Values for SGOT - SGPT.
now i m totlly stop i m just 30 year old plz mam help me. waht should i do...
Sir/maam, i read your message and i just wanted to ask what are your findings regarding sgot above normal level and sgpt are in normal level?hoping for your reply..thank you so much
Dear,
'm 55 years old, had Breast  and Blader cancer for the last 10 years and recently start having back pain. I had a blood test for SGOT SGPT and booth were low SGOT 10 and SGPT was 20. Can you pleas advice what the cause and is this seriouse related to cancer condition I'm having?? Appreciate your feed back
Best regard
Guys,

Any reading of SGOT and SGPT levels being higher than 40iU/L is said to be dangerous.
If the same levels rise over 75, you are in the risk of being Critical of any liver disease.
Remember, a liver inflammation may or may not be caused by a liver problem per-se, instead, it might be caused by some other inflammation in the body, and an enlarged liver might just be a symptom to it. If you have these readings above 75, and if you are not diagnosed with any of the symptms like diarrhoes, vomitting, nausea, etc, then I suggest you also get a test of 'Complete Blood Count with ESR' done. The actual problems might be unearthed through this. Whatever be the case, have a complete control on your diet. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT indulge in hard physical activities like body-building etc, and even control the amount you walk or travel. I would rather suggest to get a complete rest for about 2 weeks, and that means, COMPLETE BED REST, and have Only fluids in your diet. Your levels will automatically come down to 45 or even less, if u follow.

Thanks,
SD
Dietician
Hello Doctor,I am 30 years single boy my S.GOT Levels are50.21 & S.GPT levels are 83.01.
I am having acidity problem i jsut want to ask mam M i  suffering from a serious disease of Lever & what i have to do .
thanks
I am having acidity problem i just want to ask mam M i  suffering from a serious disease of Lever & what i have to do .
Neither i am routine drinker nor routine Smoker
my 4 yr old son is diagnosed typhoid positive. in LFT test  report his S.G.O.T level is 231. pl tell if it is dANGEROUS