Liver Disorders Community
porto caval lymph node
About This Community:

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

porto caval lymph node

can anyone tell me what is the normal size for the porto caval lymph node.i recently had a ct scan with contrast and was told my lymph node in that area was 9mm ,if its within normal range why would they mention it .
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi there,
The upper range of average size of lymph nodes in portacaval space is 10 mm. Lymph nodes are an important part of our immune system. They help fight any foreign materials in our body and fighting certain infections and cancers. Perihepatic lymph nodes are usually enlarged in patients with chronic hepatitis C infection, hepatitis and hepatocellular carcinoma. You should clarify your doubts with your doctor and discuss your test results. Any test result should be correlated clinically. Do keep me posted.
Best of luck and take care!
Blank
thankyou for replying to my post,ive recently had a cardiac stent fitted and because ive been experiencing a myriad of symptons i was sent for the ct scan.could you tell me any of the symptons i would get if i was to have an enlarged portacaval lymph node? i will have a word with my doctor though just to put my mind at restand will keep you posted.thanks once again
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Liver Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...