Liver Disorders Community
what it the recovery for a liver resection?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

I will be having a liver resection for FNH due to pain and SOB and N/V... I have my last appt with the surg Dr. this week....i just want to know what the recovery time is like?
hopefully 5 days in the hospital with 1-2 month convalescence.  it depends a lot on how big the resction will be--left vs right lobe for instance.
Avatar n tn
What is  SOB and N/V ? How big is your FNH and how long have you been aware that you had one ? I have had 2 MRI to watch a probable FNH . I had 2 in the first MRI and 5 in the second MRI . Maybe the others were there all along , this past MRI a different contrast was used . It is supposed to help diagnose Fnh . 3 are FNH and 1 is a hemanginoma . 1 is possibly a adenoma . This has been going on since December 08.
Just trying to gather information , doesn't seem this is to common !
Tracy
I do have Multiple FNH in both right and left lobes of the liver. The transplant surg doing the surg is going to take out 1/2 to the whole right lobe and the top tip of the Left lobe because there is a large one there but the biggist one it in the right lobe. I go on aug 4th for surg
I have been having pain and problems around about 2yrs but I am a nurse and tend to put things off but I got my Dx of FNH in march after a biopsy....
( SOB is shortness of breath, and N/V its nausea and vomiting)
don't let them mess around if they think you have an adenoma....they almost always need to come our...
good luck
Emily_MHModerator Survey link - https://goo.g... Comment
Jun 26
10356 commented on dominosarah's status
Jun 26
Track your weight over time