Liver Disorders Community
what it the recovery for a liver resection?

This support community is for discussions and support relating to liver disorders.

I will be having a liver resection for FNH due to pain and SOB and N/V... I have my last appt with the surg Dr. this week....i just want to know what the recovery time is like?
hopefully 5 days in the hospital with 1-2 month convalescence.  it depends a lot on how big the resction will be--left vs right lobe for instance.
Avatar n tn
What is  SOB and N/V ? How big is your FNH and how long have you been aware that you had one ? I have had 2 MRI to watch a probable FNH . I had 2 in the first MRI and 5 in the second MRI . Maybe the others were there all along , this past MRI a different contrast was used . It is supposed to help diagnose Fnh . 3 are FNH and 1 is a hemanginoma . 1 is possibly a adenoma . This has been going on since December 08.
Just trying to gather information , doesn't seem this is to common !
Tracy
I do have Multiple FNH in both right and left lobes of the liver. The transplant surg doing the surg is going to take out 1/2 to the whole right lobe and the top tip of the Left lobe because there is a large one there but the biggist one it in the right lobe. I go on aug 4th for surg
I have been having pain and problems around about 2yrs but I am a nurse and tend to put things off but I got my Dx of FNH in march after a biopsy....
( SOB is shortness of breath, and N/V its nausea and vomiting)
don't let them mess around if they think you have an adenoma....they almost always need to come our...
good luck
Nihung added the Food Diary
Nihung is ... Comment
Dee1956, and 10356 commented on 10356's status
Track your weight over time