Liver Transplant Expert Forum
raped at 8 yrs old by 9 hep b

Questions posted in the Liver Transplant . Forum are answered by medical professionals from The Mount Sinai Medical Center.

raped at 8 yrs old by 9 hep b

I was raped by my moms boyfriend at age 8 (which he still walks free) at 9 it was discovered by my school on a random blood draw I had hep b. My mom was told that I would be a carrier and not have hep b it would go away.
At age 41 I had CT that showed shrunken liver with nodules and a swolen spleen , Doc did blood draw to find hep Be antigen 4960 neg
Hep Be antibody 4970 pos
hp Be ab total 5020
Hep DNA quant TaqMan (55090)
There is a 3 month wait to see a liver specialist here on island of Oahu. We need more liver specialist to come here. I am afraid . Is there any help ..
you should at least see a gastroenterologist in the interm as you should be started on treatment for HBV.  Your cirrhosis could be due to HBV but also could also be related to something else. I understand that Hawaii has recently started a liver transplant program so please look into this as I am sure that they would look to see you ASAP. This would not be for a transplant per se but they will have the expertise to treat you.  HBV can stabilize and even improve with treatment.
I finnaly got thr call from the liver specialist and low and behold the PCP Doc read my results wrong, I have neg antigen and positive antibody with no DNA . I was floored when I heard this so I must have cleared the virus sometime in my life. I did have more blood work done and awaiting the results.
Ok that is good news but it still sounds like you have cirrhosis that required further evaluation.  It could still be from HBV that you ultimately spontaneously cleared.
True I became a alcoholic at 13 I had to numb the pain in my head somehow. I have not drank in 10 yrs though.
that will hopefully mean that the liver will stabilize and can even improve over time
I got the call today from liver specialist , she said I have the hep b marker but no virus, also found a hep c marker and said I was exposed to it and my body somehow cleared it and that is rare. She said I will be seen by them in a few months for the CT showed shrunken nodular liver and mild swolen spleen. However My liver pannels were normal and healthy. I praise God for the blessings , I feared I was doomed . Thank you for your responces
Tori
i think that everything will ultimately be OK. you should have an endoscopy to make sure that you do not have varices