Lung Cancer Community
Lung and Brain Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung cancer.

Lung and Brain Cancer

My father in law has small cell lung cancer. From what I understand the tumor was 13 inches. They did chemo and radiation and radiation on the brain. A scan was performed in May and there was no lesions on the brain. Now this past weekend they found three (10mm, 1.7 cm and 1.4 cm). We thought he had a small stroke and rushed him to the hospital only to find tumors instead. There is also water on the brain and swelling. I know it is not operable and we know the chemo and radiation was only to prolong his life and relieve symptoms. What I guess I need to know is how long he is going to live. He has gone downhill very fast, he does not want to eat (they say the tumor is pressing where his brain would process the need to eat) his blood sugar is consistantly low and he leans to one side sue to the swelling. I hate waiting for answers and my husband is devestated. I just need to prepare myself for what I know is going to happen. The waiting game is terrible. We are still waiting for an MRI and a bone scan to identify any other possible places it may have spread.
hi my father also has same thing , have the tried steriods and radiotheraphy ? these help with swellin in brain and give a better quality of life ..even if only temp my father made improvement with this
Hello-everyone is different but 3 years ago my mother had lung cancer that spread
to the brain but when she was diagnosed it was very advanced.

They gave her meds for the swelling in the brain & did chemo & radiation.
She only lived 2 months.I am so sorry for what you are going through its so hard
not a day goes by that I still am not affected by this.

I wish you the best &God Bless