Lung Disorders Expert Forum
Throwing Up Out Of Lungs/Coughing All Times Of Day

Welcome to the Lung Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by doctors from the Lung Institute at Columbus Regional Hospital. This forum is for questions and support regarding Lung Disorders such as: Lung Cancer, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Asthma, Emphysema, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF), Bronchiectasis, Antitrypsin Deficiency (Alpha-1) and the various treatment options available for each.

I have some medical issues that varry. I do smoke marijuana, that is the only thing i smoke. My lungs as of recent have been fine, here or there they would hurt from me smoking too much and i would have to take it easy. Now these last few months, Ive been throwing up out of my lungs somehow, some sort of clear Gooy-spit thats sometimes completely bubbly or sometimes clear. I cough non stop throughout the day, even when i do not smoke. Im not sure if i have an infection or what and seeking advice.. I know your advice will be to stop smoking, but even when i do for a while the coughing never ceases. Ive also been having pain in my left lung when i cough. On rare occasions blood will be in the phlem.
Tags: Lung
Coughing non stop throughout the day is not normal.  I recommend you see a pulmonologist for further evaluation.  Smoking can be a trigger that initiates the coughing episode.  There are tests that can be done such as Pulmonary function test that can measure your lung capacity and assess for any lung disorders such as asthma or Chronic obstructive lung disease.  Blood in your lung secretions isn't normal either.  Pulmonologist can order CT Scan of the chest or sputum culture( lung secretions) to rule out any infection. Ask your family Doctor for these test or a referral to see a lung specialist.  Thank you for your question and good luck.
I am having the same symptoms. minus the blood. In addition, i have slight nasal congestion.  My Dr. has ordered chest x-rays and ct scan of sinuses.  I guess i have to wait and see, but in the meantime, have you learned anything more about your condition?