Lung Disorders Expert Forum
spots on lung/coughing

Welcome to the Lung Disorders Forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by doctors from the Lung Institute at Columbus Regional Hospital. This forum is for questions and support regarding Lung Disorders such as: Lung Cancer, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Asthma, Emphysema, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH), Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF), Bronchiectasis, Antitrypsin Deficiency (Alpha-1) and the various treatment options available for each.

spots on lung/coughing

In January I thought I was getting a cold and for three days took Zycam.  The cold symptoms went away except for the cough.  I later was diagnosed with bronchitis and after a couple of weeks and chest xray was told I had pneumonia.  I had a CT Scan last year which showed a lesion.  I was told it was scar tissue.  During the last several months I have had 4 chest xrays and 2 more CT Scans showing new spots on my right lung.  The last CT Scan showed some spots looking better and others looking worse.  I still have a cough with no other symptoms except for occasional greenish phlem in small amounts. The pneumonia seemed to have cleared up months ago. My pulmanologist has prescribed various inhalers and nothing has helped.  I have no shortness of breath, just a cough, sometimes dry, sometimes rattling.  What could these spots be and what could be causing the cough?
Thank you for your help,
Annie
Spots on the lung are very disturbing and can be due to fungal disorders, unusual infections, and occasionally cancer.  your pulmonologist is well equipped to answer your questions.  Breathless and coughing symptoms can be due to your nodular problems or other airway diseases...a good pulmonologist can walk through this with you very easily
Thanks very much for your answer.  I spoke with my doctor today and she has ordered blood tests and a biopsy.  She is leaning towards bronchiolitis.  I have researched this and mostly find it is related to young children.  Are there any treatments for bronchiolitis in adults?
Thanking you in advnace for your reply.
Annie