Hi guys as you know probably I had my boy but I had lyme when pregnant etc . His placenta and cord was igenex negative PCR which according to them the placenta test is very accurate . However I will be retesting when he is about 6months. So far he is a dream he is very good ... No problems as of yet he is growing on schedule and has very good head control ... Was holding it unaided at5 weeks!
I've spoken to dr jones and he said he sounds very healthy and that he has seen women who fit every criteria for their children to be very sick but they ended up miraculously okay.. Likewise he has met children who had mothers eat well treat throughout and have the sickest children. He thinks if he seems healthy now do not stress until symptoms show.
This is a bit much for me I feel like I'm constantly watching Connor (my baby) I'm always worried about him and I can't shake him. I just wish I didn't have this to think about. I live in the uk and no one will treat a baby here so what do I do if at 6 months he tested positive ? I feel not in safe hands and that if Connor was to become ill id have no where to take him?! Would I have to travel to the USA? Financially this would be extremely hard for me .
Do I just take it a day at a time? I can't help but think of all the stories about baby's becoming really ill what do I do then?
I am seeing a naturopath soon and she is lyme literate well she treats lyme but not in children and not often in adults as in the uk most people are my aware of the debate so are probably told its anxiety and go on their way.
I asked her about what she could do for Connor she says boost immune system etc.. Is there anything I could ask her to give / prescribe for him as a prohphylaxis measure ? I don't want to give him anything unneccesarily but I want to have things in place now to lessen the load if he does have it.
He has his jabs on Monday and I know some people think I should not immunize him but I live in the middle of london and surrounded by disease especially as I use public transport ... Getting Connor vaccinated is the lesser of two evils because he will definitely be exposed to deadly diseases where we live . This is another issue I worry about as people talk about toxins but I really have to have Connors jabs !
I feel so overwhelmed and to top it off the treatment I'm on now is doing nothing for me.... No herx no improvement nothing :(
I am so sorry for your stress and concern. Living in the UK, I am not familiar with the medical system there and how they treat Lyme. I also don't know anything about treating infants.
If your naturopath can suggest immune system supplements for your infant, that is where I would start. You could also research the subject online. Would his pediatrician have anything to boost his immune system?
In your case your case, it is normal to feel stressed for your child Anxiety is a symptom in Lyme and especially its co-infection of Bartonella. I have had to take anxiety medications for my anxiety. You may do better getting something from your doctor to help you.
When things are not in our control, it is better to take things as they come and not worry but with lyme sometimes that is impossible. I had to take medication to help me do just that. My fiancé works for the government and has been away for over 7 months all over the world in dangerous places so since I had no control over it, the medication helped me deal with it.
I wish I had better and easier answers for you. Please keep us posted.
Sorry to hear you're struggling. If you have plateaued in your treatment, it might be time to switch meds. For most of my treatment so far, I was on two meds at a time. My doc would switch them out when my improvement would slow or stop. I am finally down to one abx now after 13 months, a high dose amoxicillin. It sounds like you're doing the right thing in going to a new doc if your current one isn't doing the job.
Regarding your son's vaccinations, I think I would make the same decision you have. Assuming that he's not breast feeding, he's not getting your natural immunity. Taking public transport in a big, international city is a very good reason to get him vaccinated.
What I did with my daughter is to spread them out more. I just didn't want to overload her immune system at one time. The schedule here has babies getting up to five vaccinations at a time. I told the pediatrician I wanted no more than 2 or 3 at once, and then I'd come back a week or two later for the rest. The doc had no problem with that, but I had to remind him each time. Even if your pediatrician frowns on this or lectures you about it, just remind him or her that you will indeed vaccinate, but not all at once.
As long as Connor is doing well, don't worry too much about the "what ifs". (Kudos to you for getting in touch with Dr. Jones!) Babies are truly little sponges. He will pick up on your fear. Focus on getting yourself well. If he does develop symptoms later, you'll need to be well yourself so you can be ready to tackle that. It sounds like he is in great shape and you have good reason to be optimistic.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.