Lyme Disease Community
Hi Everyone - Checking in!

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Hi Everyone - Checking in!

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all doing well or for those who are new, getting to the bottom of this crazy thing called Lyme.

Anyway, it's been so long since I've logged on that I forgot my password and had to get a new one.

I ended up starting my ABX treatment again on January 19th.  (Cipro and Ketec).  So far, so good.  I'm actually feeling really really good.  A little fatigue here and there and still some symptoms, but really good.  My tinnitus actually seems to have gone away the last couple of days (I'm afraid to say that out loud...).  I'm soooo happy about that.  I'm sure it will come back again but at least I know that it can and does go away at times.

My ring finger though is itching like CRAZY!  I know this is a really weird/silly symptom, but it is one of mine.  It went away for a long long time but has come back in the last week so that tells me that my meds must be doing something.  Also, still getting the vibrating leg/foot and stuff on occasion too.

I had HORRIBLE 30 hour either stomach flu or food poisioning with D last week.  OMG....  It took me 4-5 days to recover from that and I was worried that it would cause addtional problems because of the lyme but I seem to have come through okay.  Couldn't take my ABX for two days because I couldn't keep anything down.

Anyway, to all your newbies, hang in there.  Things do get better.

I'll check back in again.  I see my lyme doc in March but I think I'm going to postpone my appt until April because I didn't start on my ABX right away like I should have.

Take care everyone!!!!

Carrie
Well, hey!!

Glad to hear from you and esp glad to hear you are plowing ahead.

A couple of people here have suggested probiotics to keep the gut peaceful while on meds ... not a bad idea, if you're not already doing so.

Keep us posted!  J.
Definitely good to hear from you!  Glad you're feeling some improvement.  

On the itchy ring finger, I have heard of skin itching with Lyme and also as an occasional side effect of abx.  But I had one more thought for you, assuming you wear a ring on that ring finger.  

I developed a nickel allergy in my late 30's. My left forearm itched a lot for nearly a year before it occurred to me that it always started near the wrist and then travelled up the arm, and that it was on the arm where I wore my watch.  I remembered that my Dad developed a nickel allergy in his 50's and wondered if that might be the cause. His initial symptom was itching and peeling skin under and around his wedding ring. I stopped wearing watches, and in a couple weeks, the itching and swelling were gone.

I realized that even before the itchy arm, I'd had to stop wearing costume jewelry as they made my ear lobes and skin irritated and itchy, and sometimes even infected. I didn't know the cause, but just limited myself to gold earrings and necklaces. Now I know that is also from nickel.  (Note: Like my Dad's wedding ring, some gold items have nickel added, but not usually.)

Anyway, you might try removing your ring for a while.  Or, move it to the other hand and see if the itching stays where it is or follows the ring.