Lyme Disease Community
Hip Pain????

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Hip Pain????

Hello All!  I have heard many people talk about joint pain associated with Lyme though rarely the hips.  This is where I seem to have the most trouble.  Since starting on antibiotics, my hips and legs feel worse than ever so I just wanted to ask.  Any input is appreciated!  Thanks!
I have a lot of hip pain but I don't actually think it is the hip bone itself.  I think it's muscle and or nerve pain.
I also got joint pain in my hips .  The first month I was on doxycycline it became worse and I was struggling to walk up and down stairs.  It eventually got better and has never been that bad again, although I still have pain/stiffness occasionally.
I have hip & leg pain - it got really bad when I started 'doxy' - I was walking so slowly I was almost not moving !!

I have stopped 'doxy' at present due to stomach probs. - my hips & leg pain is quite a lot better.
As always, thank you very much for the info.  I just wanted to make sure I was not alone!!!  Hope you all are well today :)
I had a THR in December 2009, since the surgery I have been in constant pain.The pain is just under the knee, up the front of the leg in the buttock and lower back 24/7. I have had muscle rehabilitation and physio and still in pain. If I walk any distance,the next day the pain is even worse. One doctor tells me it is a trapped nerve, another say its muscles and try more excercises, but still no relief. I take Naproxyn ant-inflamitory. Can anyone help.