Need an LLMD - in the state of MICHIGAN!?
Hello all!

I am in need of an LLMD in the state of Michigan

If anyone knows could they post here that they know, and then send me a reference by PM? (I think we have private mail here on this site, right?)

I am having a terrible time getting any places to mail me referrals or call me back... I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

I just searched for

-- michigan lyme disease --

and found quite a few helpful links to take your search for a Lyme doc to the next step.
These are the first five links that come up in a google search of -- michigan lyme disease --

I would start with the link to the Michigan Lyme Disease Association.  They likely have a referral function to help you find a Lyme doc.

------------------------------------------------------
DNR - Lyme Disease - State of Michigan
www.michigan.gov/.../0,4570,7-153-10370_12150_12220-26...
Michigan
-------------------------------------------------------
Lyme Disease. Lyme disease is an illness caused by a spirochete bacterium (Borrelia burgdorferi). This disease is transmitted to people and animals primarily by the bite of the black-legged tick, Ixodes scapularis. In 1975, Lyme disease was first recognized in the United States in children from Lyme, Connecticut.
►-
Emerging Disease Issues - Michigan Lyme Disease Risk Map
https://www.michigan.gov/emergingdiseases/0,1607,7-186-258...
Michigan

Michigan Lyme Disease Risk Map. Michigan Lyme Disease Risk Map - 2015. Related Content. Maps and Tables of Reported Lyme Disease Cases in the United ...
---------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome To The Michigan Lyme Disease Association!
www.mlda.org/

The Michigan Lyme Disease Association, Inc. (MLDA) is a statewide all volunteer non-profit 501c3 organization founded in 1989. The organization not only ...
--------------------------------------------------------------
Tick boom continues in Michigan; here's what you need to ...
michiganradio.org/.../tick-boom-continues-michigan-her...
Michigan Radio

May 25, 2015 - But he says the most obvious symptom associated with Lyme disease is the "erythema migrans" or "bullseye rash." This non-itchy, reddish rash ...
Experts warn of increase in ticks and Lyme disease in ...
archive.lansingstatejournal.com/.../MICHIGANDER/.../Experts-warn-incr...
May 28, 2014 - Here is a look at a deer tick, which are the most common species in Michigan. Deer ticks are the ones known to carry Lyme disease — an ...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Thanks! I will check it out. ILADS had one doc listed in my state, I hope it works out but if not I may have to find another
This is indeed Lyme season, when the ticks have been out partying and when we targets often get Lyme.  

Many docs who treat Lyme aggressively (which is a good thing) keep a low profile to avoid hassle from the clueless medical boards etc.

If you need to drive out of state or area, I would consider doing so.  Once diagnosed properly, my doc appointments were once a month, and I recall there being lots of patients in the waiting room of my doc's office who had driven or flown from far away.  Not everyone can do that, but it's not out of the ordinary.  I say:  go for it.

Your mini bio doesn't say what state/area you are in.  If you would post that, we could do some digging around on the 'net and see what we can find for you.
oops, didn't go far enough back up to the top of this thread.  Two things I would  try:

-- email to ILADS [see their website for the referral function] and tell them where you are located generally and how far you can travel,

and

-- also post a NEW thread here that will catch the eye of the reader scanning quickly through the titles of posts but not reading far into the threads.  "NEED LLMD NEAR TOLEDO OH" or specify your max distance:  "NEED LLMD WITHIN 100 MILES OF TOLEDO OH"

Just a thought.  Keep plowing ahead:  it's worth it.  Been there myself.