OH my Aching Back!!
For the last couple days my back is KILLING me.  It is my neck, shoulders, shoulder blades, and upper spine.  Nothing in my lower back.   It is totally wiping me out, and NOTHING is helping with the pain.  I feel like I have the constant need to pop or readjust my neck and back.  Also my fingers are tingling in my right hand.  I had this last month as well.  I don't know if this is herxing or PMS.  I didn't have the spine pain until I started my abx.  

Does anyone else get this?  How do you cope??

Thanks.
does it feel like somebody is taking their knuckles and just grinding them in between your shoulder blades?  thats how it feels for me, i do take oxycodine for pain but im up to 2 @ a time and that still does not help.  
I had what you describe - when I first got the tick-bite - it was almost constant in the beginning - now - three years later I do get it but nowhere near as bad - I can sympathise with you totally - it is 'scarey' as well as 'painful'.

I tried many things for the pain but eventually the only thing that made a difference was 'cortisone' injections - three in each trapezium muscle - at the top of shoulders .

Chiro. didn't help - massage & reflexology helped but didn't stop it happening - acupuncture made me feel worse - strong pain-killers took the edge of just by making me feel 'out of it'  -  'diazepam' used for anxiety/muscle spasm did help if I took it before bed time - but the 'cortisone' injections were by far the best thing.

I used to wonder if it was anything to do with PMS.

My neck still feels like I have to 'adjust' it sometimes but it is not as bad as it was.  

I also got some relief by using a hand held 'TENS' machine.

Try not to hold your neck in any one position for too long - also you could try sleeping with a very flat pillow .

I hope you get relief from this soon - I know how horrible it is.

I know how you feel. For the last two weeksI have been dealing with shoulder, neck and and back pain. My right hand is also tingling.

I went to the doctors and she said it was a pinched nerve that was causing the tingling, pain. She prescribed aleve and some sessions with physical therapy.

I don't think its' a herx. I know that lyme can cause inflamation in the limbs, also cause pinched nerves from swelling the joints.

I would try aleve, with alternating cold and hot compresses. It helped me some. I also used a moist not dry heating pad which took the edge of the pain.

I hope this resolves soon. JKV :)
I've been taking Aleve for the past three days with minimal improvement.  I took a HOT epson salt bath last night as well.  Shortly after the bath my whole right shoulder blade down through my shoulder felt cold and was tingling.  Freaky weird feeling.  It feels better when I lay down.  So I went to bed.  When I got up to use the restroom my neck, shoulder again went cold and tingly.  

It feels a bit better this morning... I'm gonna try to take it really easy so I don't aggravate it.  I think it may be a pinched nerve from all the inflamation.  Do you think?  Oh man, it hurts!

I'm no doctor but it sounds like a pinched nerve. My right shoulder kicks in every few days with tingly feeling in my right arm and sometimes the foot. From researching it all of it points to a pinched nerve.

I've also read that lyme can cause pinched nerve as well.

Hang in there. :)