Lyme Disease Community
RED EYES..
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

RED EYES..

I promise this is the last question tonight!!  I'm on a roll!!  Gosh!!  
  I thought I read somewhere about having red eyes and lymes disease.  I remember a couple years ago out of nowhere my eyes got really really red.  They didn't itch or anything.. just red.  Nothing eased the redness either.  I believe it lasted a couple days then went away.  My sister in law had mentioned something about using too much visine can cause a reverse reaction and make the eyes red.  I do use visine almost every day, but found it very strange.  
  Anyone know about red eyes and lymes?
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
Mine get reddish round the edges but not the whites, they are dry and itchy all the time, I do get allergies so assumed that was it.
Blank
Only recently since my Lyme bugs have moved pretty much out of my brain have I been getting bloodshot eyes.  They feel a little swollen when it happens, and a little dry, with red veins clear against the white.  Sometimes my eyes don't focus properly, but mostly it's just redness that goes away after a while.  I have saline solution in little plastic tubes with tops that snap off and use that if my eyes are really annoying me, just for soothing.  I don't think it's uncommon, but for a long time it had never happened to me.  Perhaps it's just the bugs on vacation, looking for new places to hang.
Blank
Red, painful eyes was my first symptoms.  It lasted for a long time.  
Blank
Apparently I have struggling with my red eyes for like the 2-3 months now worse than ever before. The Rheum has chalked it up to my RA and I have been prescription eye drops for it. I thought it was just allergies, but now I am understanding Lyme better and better these days.
Blank
I suffer also from red eyes. Blood Shot. I look back on some pics and realize that i have had these red eyes for approx 3 years. I also suffer from maxillary sinus cysts which can play a roll in the red eye
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lyme Disease Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...