Test negative but so many of the symptoms
I just got my Lyme test back- the nurse informed me over the phone it is negative. I'm so dissappointed as I was really hoping to have an answer.
Symptoms - started with a catastrophic weakness of my left knee buckling back in January. Off to PT - he told me - tendonitis of both knees - mostly left, bursitis on left. Subsequently developed a deep ache on medial side of left, fluid build up under patella and patella now mis-tracking on left ( as seen on MRI). Intense burning of skin around both the knees. Feeling tired.
So now Im not sure what is going on. Ive had X-rays, MRIs and seen 4 ortho doctors all of whom tell me nothing is wrong!
Any thoughts? - its not totally like Lyme but I thought it could be. Thinking of putting myself on a dose of doxy anyway
Thoughts
Hello, I've been diagnosed with Lyme for about a year now and while I don't know about your symptoms exactly I do know that Lyme disease creates many different symptoms for different people. And another thing is that according to my doctor lots of times Lyme disease doesn't show up in a regular blood test and as a result people will go years without knowing what's bothering them. However I obviously can't diagnose you with it as I'm not a doctor. But in my experiences people with Lyme can get any sort of symptom really. So I would try to investigate furthur if I were you. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Lyme disease though
What type of Lyme test was performed? If it wasn't via Igenex, you might want to have a secondary test accomplished by them. Often, patients are misdiagnosed with standardized testing only to find their sx worsening. For that reason, they test through Igenex only to find a positive test result for Lyme. Might be worth a try in your case.