Aa
A
A
Close
Test negative but so many of the symptoms
I just got my Lyme test back- the nurse informed me over the phone it is negative. I'm so dissappointed as I was really hoping to have an answer.
Symptoms - started with a catastrophic weakness of my left knee buckling back in January. Off to PT - he told me - tendonitis of both knees - mostly left, bursitis on left. Subsequently developed a deep ache on medial side of left, fluid build up under patella and patella now mis-tracking on left ( as seen on MRI). Intense burning of skin around both the knees. Feeling tired.
So now Im not sure what is going on. Ive had X-rays, MRIs and seen 4 ortho doctors all of whom tell me nothing is wrong!
Any thoughts? - its not totally like Lyme but I thought it could be. Thinking of putting myself on a dose of doxy anyway
Thoughts
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello, I've been diagnosed with Lyme for about a year now and while I don't know about your symptoms exactly I do know that Lyme disease creates many different symptoms for different people. And another thing is that according to my doctor lots of times Lyme disease doesn't show up in a regular blood test and as a result people will go years without knowing what's bothering them. However I obviously can't diagnose you with it as I'm not a doctor. But in my experiences people with Lyme can get any sort of symptom really. So I would try to investigate furthur if I were you. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Lyme disease though
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
What type of Lyme test was performed? If it wasn't via Igenex, you might want to have a secondary test accomplished by them. Often, patients are misdiagnosed with standardized testing only to find their sx worsening. For that reason, they test through Igenex only to find a positive test result for Lyme. Might be worth a try in your case.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Lyme Disease Community Resources