Lyme Disease Community
Test results are in

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Test results are in

Test results are in can some one please help me understand please.  I know it says negative on the lyme but what the heck does it mean where it says positive: 5 of the following Borrelia-specific bands.  I guess since there is a negative underneath it says it doesn't meet CDC?  But how can it be positive at all and not be positive??  If that makes any sense.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/HIKWy5OFzb-ZMXGYp-uGDw?feat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/IhmDbNDtHU6uNcHf3HOZLA?feat=directlink
I think I figured it out that is saying that 5 bands would be a positive.  So this shows negative happy but frustrated!
I can't open the documents .... which bands are positive?  And which say IgG and which say IgG?  any other diseases tested for?  Which lab ran the tests?
As far as I can tell, these are not Igenex results.  Igenex tests for more bands, and reports the actually interpretation of the appearance of bands on a scale that includes negative, IND, +, ++, ... ++++.  

While all Lyme testing is dubious, labs like this that look for less bands and only report positive/negative are less informative than Igenex.

What type of doctor ordered the test?  As asked above, what other conditions are being considered in your differential diagnosis?

Thyroid he has a low FT4 with normal TSH and Normal FT3.  His normal pcp ordred after I took in print outs of lyme, thyroid, adreanals, along with his symptoms.  

He had a slightly high Cortisol
Elevated liver enzymes

TSH 1.38 (.30-5)
Free T3 3.5 (2.0-4.4)
Free T4 .56 (.59-1.17)
T3 uptake 32.0 (33.0-40.0)
Free Testosterone 11.4 (8.7-25.1)
Serum Testosterone 624 (280-800)
AM Cortisol 19.6 (6.2-19.4)
ALT 93 (30-65)

#mon micros 0.1 (0.3-0.8)
%Gra micros 80.9 (44-76)
%mon micros 3.1 (4-10)

My husband has insomnia, disrupted sleep, fatigue, irritbility, abdomen weight, low sex drive, high body heat, digestive issues, joint pain, bone pain, exhaustion with minor activities, and possibly a fatty hump on his left shoulder area not sure if this is the same kind seen with cushings or not.   When he wakes in the morning he can hardly handle to walk down the stairs to much pain in his joints.  He is only 30 years old!

They also ran him for RA-negative and ANA Direct - negative.
He has had 5 ticks in his past but we don't live a high lyme disease state and I can't tell you how many mosquito bites he is a avid outdoors man and I don't think it really matters what you use you still end up getting a bite here and there.  I also had a tick on me.  My reasoning for thinking lyme is our pasts and how similar our symptoms are and now our lab tests are pretty similar also.
I too had a Western Blot test done and it came back Negative according to CDC standards. BUT I did have some positive bands for Lyme and so that lead my doctor to do more testing. Do you know what Lab your tests were done through? I had mine done through a lab in California called IgeneX. You can ask your doctor if he/she knows of them, but they are one of the best labs in the world for Lyme testing. I had a second test done called the Lyme Urine Antigen Test (LUAT) also through IgeneX and that one just came back positive. It might be worth your while to ask you doctor about it. If he/she doesn't know about it I believe  you can order the kit from IgeneX yourself but your doctor still has to prescribe the weeks worth of antibiotics to do the test.

I too don't live in a huge Lyme epidemic state and so I did not think of Lyme. BUT It is in every state now so you can get it anywhere. If I can help you with anything please send me a message. I am currently going through treatment myself and have been through the frustration you are dealing with.

Take Care!