Lyme Disease Community
Vitamin B, body temperature and infrequent urination?

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

This is a question about Vitamin B (B-Complex): Every time I take a super b-complex pill which contains 1000% of the daily RDA for every B-vitamin your body can't synthesise on its own, my body temperature drops by nearly two degrees and I urinate once every few days.

This didn't happen before I had Lyme disease but now that I have it, it happens all the time and these effects I've noted, have lasted for days. Now taking two of these pills at once, which I did often before Lyme and had no effects other than yellow urine, might kill me. What's going on? Does my body have enough of the B vitamins or too little of them? Or is it something else?
I think I've read that all the Bs are water soluble, so they should pass out of your system quickly, I would guess (but I'm not medically trained, so don't know for sure).

I too take B complex supplements, some of which run up into the thousands% of daily requirement, like B-1, which is 3,333% of MDR.

Given that the Bs are supposed to just wash out of your body, it seems like it might be something else, but this is a question for your doc.

Are you keeping your fluid intake up?  What else are you taking?
I drink about 3 litres of water throughtout the day and urinate maybe once or twice when taking the B-Complex.

Nothing else but the B-Complex causes this; otherwise I urinate regularly.

And Vitamin-B doesn't pass out of your system as quickly as you think despite water solubility. B-12 alone takes up to a week.
Are you taking antacids?  I've read something that says the chemicals/materials in antacids can affect urination frequency.

Do you change anything else in your intake other than the B vitamins?
I haven't changed my diet and don't take antacids.

My diet is organic and/or all-natural.
You're well beyond any knowledge or ideas I would have, except to see an MD.  You'll clearly of a scientific bent yourself and have thought through the situation logically.  Stop back and let us know what you find out, okay?  Best wishes --