MTHFR (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) User Group
MTHFR and folbee
About This Group:

This Group was created for anyone wishing to learn, chat or share information relating to MTHFR. Many woman have suffered Miscarriage(s) and have no idea why. For some of us, a genetic mutation called MTHFR is the reason. MTHFR (or 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase NADPH) is a genetic mutation that has 24 known variants that affects the ability to absorb Folic Acid and can cause more severe problems in health and also in pregnancy. There is much debate and dispute within the medical community regarding MTHFR and it's relationship to pregnancy loss or Recurrent Pregnancy Loss (RPL). In all the confusion, there are many ideas and treatments along with schools of thought on how to treat or deal with MTHFR.

Founded by Dragon1973 on October 23, 2010
71 members

MTHFR and folbee

I am positive for one copy of the C677T mutation and one copy of the A1298C mutation. My doctor put me on Lovenox on day one of a positive pregnancy test and Folbee Plus (daily). I had several early miscarriages but after starting the Lovenox regimen I have had good luck. I am 28 weeks pregnant with twins. Anyway after reading about folic acid linked to autism it started to make me nervous because I have been taking this my whole pregnancy. I am really concerned about this and I am not sure if I should continue the Folbee or take something else?

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice??
deseperate joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 14
Betzine joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 08
Wannabe13 commented on SELF ARTIFICIAL INSEM...
Jul 15