Maternal & Child Community
7 days late: hpt still negative!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

7 days late: hpt still negative!

I need some words of wisdom please!I am currently 7 days late (usually like clockwork) but my hpt shows up negative (test done when I was 5 days late) I am experiencing symptoms such as nausea, breast tenderness and cramping but as far as the test is concerned I am not pregnant! I have spent a small fortune on these hp tests and just get more and more anxious everytime they show up negative. AAArrrgh! I have ventured "up there" and have noticed that my cervix is very high up and that the opening has turned upward. There is no sign of spotting just a little discharge. Any advice or similar experiences which have resulted in a pregancy? Feeling so frustrated! Where is that tub of Haagen Dazs?!
Viewing 1-200 comments:
It sounds like I'm in the same boat. I'm actually 10 days late! I've taken 4 tests (3 home and 1 at the hospital) but they've all come up negative. I also have morning sickness, bloating, dizziness, and slight cramping. No breast tenderness. Then again I have virtually no feeling in them anyways. So that doesn't mean anything. I have not spotting but little discharge as well. Can we still be preggars and not show positive on a test? Please help!
Feel relieved that it's not just me! I have been doing some internet browsing since I posted my question and it would seem that some women just don't have as much HCG as others in the beginning and therefore it takes longer for the tests to show up +. I was considering a blood test but my doctor has refused as I have no medical problems. So I guess we are going to have to play the waiting game! I am going to take a test next Wednesday. Keep me informed though!
I knew that some women had lower levels than others in the beginning, I just don't know how long it should take to show. I've got a Dr. appt on Thursday. I think I'll go crazy before then! We weren't planning on getting preggars, but now that we might be, we're REALLY excited.
If it's any consolation, my sister took a very long time to get her BFP.  She had several HPT and blood tests done.  The Dr. kept telling her that she wasn't pg.  But it ended up a few weeks later that she got a BFP on HPT!  I would just wait it out for a little while and test again.  If it's still BFN, then i would contact your Dr. to see if there are other problems that are causing you not to get AF.  Good luck!  Baby Dust to all of you!
Could someone tell me what AF and BFP mean? New to all this jargon!
I'mnot sure either. But I think AF is Aunt Flow (your period). As for BFP all I know is P is positive N is negative.
Actually I looked it up and it means Big Fat Positive!
That's pretty clever! It makes me laugh!
Sorry bout that...little lingo check..

bfp- big fat positive
bfn- big fat negative
af - Aunt flow..period
dh - Dear husband
dd - dear daughter
ds - dear son

It took me a long time to pick those up..i forgot that not everyone knows them now.  But, those are a few key terms that i've seen and used.
OH!  I forgot the best one!!!

BD - Baby Dance....sex hehe!
http://tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

This is where I printed out all the abreviations used here and there.
Same thing with me ladies.  Im going on 12 days late, and still nothing.  Tests have come back Neg. also.  I had a friend to tell me, just the other day that she tested neg. up to the exact 2 week date of her last missed period.  She found out that the was pregnant, just last week.  I believe she said it didnt even show up Pos. until she was around 6 weeks.  I'll take another test in a few days. You should as well.
Will do. Have ordered 10 strip tests. They'll keep me busy for a while! Good luck to all of you!
Well, dont be like me, and get so excited that you use them all up in 2 days.  Everytime the word "pregnant" crossed my mind, I was running to the restroom testing! LOL
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum, but am in the same boat as the rest of you. I am 19DPO, but am on Prometrium to keep my AF away. I have taken HPTs which were negative, but I don't know how long to wait before I should end this cycle. I don't think my AF will come as long as I'm on Prometrium. Ahhhh!
How is everyone doing? Any BFP?
Alright ladies. What do you think? On Monday I actually felt normal - no sickness, dizziness, etc. Then on Tues I started bleeding. But, it was REALLY light and the color wasn't right - it was a kind of mauve color. (Weird - I know! I hope this isn't TMI.) Today, I have some serious cramps which is weird because I don't cramp - ever! I am still bleeding and it's still pretty light. I don't even know if I should call it AF. My doctor's appt is tomorrow. What do you guys think? Am I crazy? Should I take another HPT or just wait until tomorrow? Do you think something is wrong or am I just starting my period 12 days late? (I've only been one or two days off in the past - usually I'm like clockwork!) Thanks for your opinions! Baby dust to all!
PS - the bleeding on Tues. was a pinkish color and I didn't even need a pad to control it. Today's is the mauvish color. Thanks again!
Take a test, if it will help ease your mind.  Still go to the Doc. visit though!!Just to make sure everything is going okay with u.
BFN! Don't know what's going on.  :0(
Sorry
I am also in the same boat!  I am 7 days late and have taken 2 HPT's-both negative!  I've had some cramping (minor) in the last few days, and I normally never have cramps.  Other than that, no symptoms.  AF is ALWAYS on-time, either 27 or 28-day cycles, today is day 35!!!!  I guess I should just keep waiting it out?  I feel like I waste so much money on HPT's!!
I am experiencing the same problem, now a week late, with negative HPT and scared to be dissapointed by another test. Would like to know how it turned out for u guys.
I'm now 12 days late and i am always on time. I have taken 5 hpt and they are all negative. I have a doctor appt on the 18th. My breasts aren't tender but i think they might be just a little bigger. I have been nausceous on and off. Is heartburn a symptom of pregnancy? I have been having that a lot lately and don't normally have it.
Hello to all. I am finding much comfort and relief in reading everyones comments. I have never been part of any online chat room of any sorts. I thought I was the only one to feel the way I am feeling. Felt like I was going crazy at times. I am 35 years old, soon to be 36 and have a 4 year old son. My husband and I have decided to have another child before it's too late. We have only been trying for one month but I am the most impatient person I know. My normal cycle is 26 days long. Today is my 30th day and no signs of blood. I have some mild cramping and other symtoms (symptoms) but all can be signs of my period arriving as well. I have been taking home pregnancy test for a week and a half EVERY DAY. I have spent a fortune. I am totally obsessing over this. All urine tests have been negative. Yesterday I had blood drawn because I couldn't wait out the whole weekend and I was given the bad news of negative. My HCG levels read (1). I was curiouse to know if any of you ladies have ever had low readings and been told your not pregnant and ended up being pregnant. This is of course what I am hoping for. I have been crying off and on since yesterday over my negative readings. This also upsets me because I could be crying simply because I am going to start. I have NO patience when it comes to getting pregnant. I feel like I am getting OLD and time is running out for me. Any advice?

Thanks to all that have shared thier stories.

Bhonn
Hi everyone,  It looks like I'm in the same boat as most of you.  My husband and I have been ttc since I had my first miscarriage in march 06.  I'm now over one week late.  Took 2 hpts one on day Af was due and one on friday both bfn. I'm holding off on calling my gyn until I'm at least two weeks late. I'm going to take one more hpt on Saturday. I'm feeling so frustrated and anxious.  I want to be pregnant so bad! I have been having lower back pain, some cramping, sore breasts etc.. all the commom symtoms (symptoms). Is it possible that the hcg is too low too detect.  I'm pretty sure I ovulated the week of 8/21 and my temperture has been 98 and above.  Shouldn't I receive a positive hpt by now??
Hi everyone. Glad I found this web site. I am now 8 days late and did 2 test and both neg. this doesnt make any sense!!! I am going to wait another week (I guess) than test again my last period was Aug 04. This is killing me. Anyone know what I should do or is waiting the best option Ahhhhhh!!!!!!
Hi Deb,  I'm in the same position as you.  My last period was on August 1.  I took 2 hpts already and both were negative.  I know how frustrated you must feel.  I'm going to wait until saturday and take one more test before calling my gyn.  I'll probably call on monday to see if they can do a blood test.  I waste so much money on these pregnancy tests.  Is this your first time ttc? Let me know what you decide to do.  It's somewhat comforting to know I'm not the only one in this situation.
Hi all, I'm new and am glad that others know the kind of frustration I've been feeling.  I'm 35 and my husband and I really want to be pregnant.  I usually have 28-30 day cycles, today I am 6 days late but 2 hours ago I discovered some spotting (darn!).  I fear the hpts because they're always negative but seems that's the story with all of you.  For the past 7 days I've been walking on air thinking I'm pregnant and have decided, from your comments, that I'll wait a little longer to check again, I really hate disappointment (9 months of trying so far).  Baby dust to all of you, please keep chatting--so helpful!!
Hey all,  I finally went to my gyn today after I was over 2 weeks late.  Took 3 pregnancy tests and all were bfn.  Test was also negative at the gyn.  Just experienced some spotting today.  My dr. prescribed clomid which is fertility medication.  It's suppose to make you ovulate. Since my periods are irregular I may not be ovulating. I recommend that everyone who is wondering why they are so late w/ Af to see their gyn asap, it will definitely ease your mind. Pregnancy tests will make you crazy. Good luck to everyone!!
I am currently having the same sort of issues.  However, I was going to give some of you a ray of hope because this is my second pregnancy.  I had the same thing happen my first pregnancy.  I didn't get a positive test result until I was already 2 mos. pregnant.  The doctors all thought that i was nuts, along with my husband who was convinced I was having fake symptoms.   In my first pregnancy I even had a period, but very light the first month...which I didn't realize I was pregnant, but took a pregnancy test anyway just to make sure I wasn't.  (We were going to my friends wedding and I knew I would be drinking alcohol)  But since the test kept saying negative, I thought that I wasn't prego.  So of course I drank, not too much, but still had a few...come to find out I was already pregnant.  So ladies, follow your instincts and treat yourself and your body like you are, just to make sure the baby will be healthy.  I currently have a very healthy and active 8 month old...thank goodness.

NOW...I am currently over 2 weeks late, I've taken 4 hpt's and they all say negative...I still think that I'm pregnant though.  I'm going to be patient and wait it out, if I miss another period I'm trekking myself right to the doctor's office.

Good luck everyone....please let me know if any of you had the same problem, but now are pregnant with a positive test result.
Hi All,
I won't repeat my story (as it sounds the same as all of yours)but I do want to ask that out off all of you out there how many have had a positive result since you've posted a comment here?

Hi everyone,

I'm currently 11 days late and having some symptoms of pregnancy... Gas, bloating, tender breasts, and peeing a lot.  I've taken 3 tests, all BFN.  Yesterday I noticed some light pink spotting, but my period hasn't started.  None of the usual cramps, either.  Does anyone know if having diabetes (type 1) could make a difference in whether my hormone levels are low maybe?  I'm going to wait a few days and keep testing, but this is driving me nuts!

Kris
Hey all... So, I'm going through something strange myself. I'm 16 days into my new cycle, but last AF was very odd. I'm usually very regular, but AF came slightly early and was mostly spotting. I did have a brief time of red flow, but it still wasn't normal. Spotting and slight AF lasted for a total of 10 days. Way out of the norml. Anyway, I went on as though I've started a new cycle. I've also started charting again this new cycle. I had EW CM and other signs of fertility around the usual time of ovulation, but my temps haven't shifted very much. It's only varied from 97.3 - 97.7 from just after AF to now. I haven't gotten a definite thermal shift. The thing is that, for a couple of weeks, my bbs have been bigger and my pants have gotten a bit tighter around my waist. My abdomen has been feeling bloated and like it's separate from the rest of my body. I just don't know?!

I have a 3 yr old son... the day before I finally had my BFP with him (took 13 months, after my husband's vasectomy reversal), I noticed that I had to get a bigger swim suit top... but didn't think anything of it until after the fact.

So, I'm not sure if I'm just going crazy here, but I've taken a couple of HPTs and have come up negative. I've ordered some of the cheapie dip strip tests and took one this morning. For awhile, while it was registering, there was a FAINT line. But by the time the 5 minutes was up, it wasn't there anymore. I took another and there was nothing. I just don't know. I truly feel like it, but no BFP. And then without O actually showing up on my chart, I'm beginning to wonder. But then I did kind of have AF, just not like normal... but there was some that was truly red and like the real thing. (sorry TMI?)

I saw that an earlier poster had taken two months to get a BFP. But since I kind of had an AF, I just really don't know. My previous pregnancy's PFB was pretty much textbook, so maybe I'm just trying to read too much into this.  

I've always been really regular, but had two injections of depo after my son's birth(never had anykind of birth control before). The last one was about two years ago. My husband and I have been casually trying since then, but just got serious about it recently. I don't know if the depo could be the cause of things being different this time around.

Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to give an accurate description and see if any one else has had any similar experiences... and maybe hear wich way they ended up turning out.

GL to you all and thanks for your time, if you've actually read this whole LONG post!
Hi, I just wanted to say that I'm very relieved to see I'm not the only one in this situation.  I'm 2 weeks late with negative hpt, just started lightly spotting last night. I don't have any cramps or any other AF symptoms.  I plan to call my doc tomorrow to see what is going on.  With my first pregnancy everything was very straight forward. So this is all new and kind of frustrating, so wish me luck.
Still waiting for AF or a BFP here.  Period is now 15 days late and 4 BFNs.  I know I should just go to the doc already, right?!  I had spotting or a very very light period for 2 1/2 days, and never had anything but normal textbook 4-5 day periods before.  My best friend told me with her first she took 10 HPTs and didn't get a positive result until she was 9 weeks pregnant!  I'll try to make an appt this week.  I think we probably all should!  Anyone get AF or a BFP yet?
Has anyone had any news on AF or BFPs?
I am in the same boat - day 5 and still no AF and BFN! Gyn appt on Tuesday if nothing has changed.
Has anyone actually been BFP after testing BFN?
Glad to know I am not alone in this! There can't be this many of us doing the test incorrectly!
Ugh.  Tender, swollen breasts (had to buy a new BRA!!), big time fatigue and faintness, not really nausea but more of a "butterflies" feeling in my tummy, food aversion, odor sensitivity, peeing a billion times a day...

spotted a week before AF was due, now 2 days after AF due I thought was coming but in fact, I spotted AGAIN very lightly but no AF.  HPTs negative.  Wasn't trying to conceive (wedding 4 months, eek!) but was surprised to find myself pretty sad at the Negative after preparing myself for being PG.  Now I guess i mostly just want to have an ANSWER!!  Am I or not?! When will I find out??  

Trying not to stress.
(this might dissappoint some, sorry) I just wanted to see if any of you ladies that are very late with BFN's know anything about secondary amenoria...a couple of years ago i missed my period and thought maybe i might be pregnant, so i took a test, BFN...a month later, another test BFN! i finally went to the ER after that (lack of insurance!) and they said it was probably secondary amenoria and i would get it sooner or later. They say the most common causes of this is strenuous exercise and stress. Well, sure enough...8-9 months later....guess who showed up? Yea i wish a baby...but it was AF.
BTW...primary amenoria is when you havent had AF ever and you should have... and secondary is when you have had cycles but have gone about 2 months or more without one.
After that i have been somewhat normal with my cycles between 30-33 days. Well im on day 36 now....<sighs> i hate to think that is happening again, i want to think im prego, but i have already had a BFN friday. No question really here, just wanted to throw an idea at you ladies that are very late with no signs of AF and BFN's....baby dust to all and good luck
I am 8 days late same thing with me this is really something I can't believe there are so many ppl with same issue as me Good Luck 2 everyone
I was starting to think I was crazy before I read all of your posts.  I have multiple symptoms: breast tenderness, sore nipples, frequent urination, lower abdominal cramping, increased appetite and a missed period, to name a few.  I am 4 days lates and normally very regular.  I haven't been stressed out or anything, so at this point, I just feel like I am pregnant, but I can't get a positive test.  I have taken 9 so far, yes a little overboard, but with every new symptom I thought that maybe my hormone levels would increase.  I am going to wait and try again on Friday (10-13-06).  Hopefully it will be my lucky day!  Thanks for all of the posts.  It helps a lot!  Good luck to everyone!
Well, I was searching online for low level hCG detection pregnancy tests.  I found some on www.webwomb.com.  They send you five tests for $12.99.  They are supposed to detect levels from 10-15 mIU/ml hCG whereas most store tests don't register until 50 mIU/ml hCG (EPT, First Response) and some, such as Walmart brand Equate don't register until 100 mIU/ml hcG.  So, they will be sending them in 2-3 days and we will see.  I will let everyone know if they work.
I am 8 days late - went to the doctor when I was just 2 days late and took a urine/ blood test both were negative. However, I still haven't started my period. I go back tomorrow for another blood test and have an appt. with my obgyn on Monday.

My fianc

TO: leanne1988

I can't believe you are 11 weeks late and no period and your doctor will not do a blood test. That is crazy and I bet the suspense is killing you. I would suggest going to another doctor. If you are infact pregnant your baby is not getting the medical care it needs because your doctor is too stubborn.

Keep me posted.
Your blog that you are planning to test tomorrow - please share your results with us. If in fact we are pregnant we are just a few days apart.
im 11 weeks late on my period ive had spottin and 5 negative results but ive took 7 pregnancy tests the other 2 failed to give me any result i have to keep goin doctors evrytime im a week late on my next due period they wont give me a blood test until i show a positive result and i cant have swabs taken from me either as that can harm the baby if im carryin im gettin tired feel bloated been sick a few times put on weight if anyone can give me some advice please feel free xx
Hi all. This is my second week of where I'm not getting my period and it scares me. I've taken 3 tests just because the fist was invalid, the second was negative, and the third came out negative too. I dont have ANY simptoms that would tell me I might be pregnant, well, my brests feel a little bit bigger but that's about it. I dont have increase of discharge and i feel okay. I'm planing to go to the doctor, but do you thnk i could be pregnant? Please hepl!
I am really glad I found this web site.
I came off the pill 6mths ago and have had reg af since.
I am 1 week late af and have had headache, bloating, stomach cramps, felt nausated slightly, peeing a lot, and sore back.
i have also have UTI hence thinking same 2 latter symtoms (symptoms) are the same for this but I feel different.
Tested neg on day of af, 2 days later and 7 days today all neg.
I started bleeding very lightly today but looks like it has stopped. what is going on feel very fustrated.
Got second appointment at doctors in 2 days.
Hi, my symptoms are a lot like Oz1000 said. I am only 4 days into my new cyle (so something like 21 dpo) I had some sort of AF. I would've thought it was just an odd cycle (which I hear women have although I have never had anything other than the ordinary one I've had forever) but I had some spotting a week or so before my period was supposed to come. I have never ever spotted before in any way at any time so I thought I'd just wait until my period was supposed to come and something came but I'm not sure if it was my period or not. It was only 3 days but some of that was spotting (which seems like longer than most other people I've heard talk about who had bleeding then) and mine are always 5 to 5-1/2 long with no spotting at any point. It was an odd color but still a tiny amt of red at time so I'm unsure. It seems like one day I'll have a bunch of symptoms and the other day hardly any. I am getting nauseus about every 2 days but I have yet to actually vomit but this is closer to vomiting than I've come in a year. I have sore nipples that actually have somewhat sharp pain at times but my breasts themselves are not sore. However, the area around my breast, on bottom and sides, aches sometimes. I have lower abdominal cramping, heartburn, headaches, slightly more tired than usual and I can't decide whether I'm peeing more or not LOL It's like one day I go every hour and the next it's every 2-1/2 hours so I have no idea! I've taken 3 hpt so far (all about 3 days apart) and all negative. I'm starting to think I'm just over analyzing everything and it's all just coincidences.

I know all of these posts are from 06 but I would really like to know what happened.

I am 24 days late (3 home tests and 1 blood test - a week ago all BFN) its been 54 days since the first day of my last period but no positive. I have a few symptoms but they all could be signs I'm about to start my period. -nausea (no throwing up though and its not all the time), nipple tenderness, EXHAUSTION (so so so tired!), heartburn,more vag fluids than normal and light cramping.

I just want to know for sure whats going on b/c not knowing is driving me batty!

please help.

Thank you.

Oh and I had the blood test done almost 2 weeks ago and the said if I hadn't started in 2 weeks to come in...I might just wait until the first week in August.
Eventually, you should see a doctor to rule out a hormone problem, or a cyst or something like that.  Good luck.
I'm 9 days late and going to the doctor tomorrow morning to have blood test. I have taken 2 hpt and both negative (one at 4 days late and the other at 8 days late). I have breast tenderness, backache, headaches, light cramping in lower abdomen and the feeling of butterflies in lower abdomen as well. If I squeeze my breasts, I have a bit of clear fluid come out as well.

I was on the pill until June10th and then stopped and my cycle did come as scheduled on the 19th for about 2 days or so (it was never a long one anyway). And from June 10th to 23rd I had unprotected sex everyday. But I was sure that it was not during my ovulation time. I've read in wikipedia that sperm can survive inside for up to 5 days - wow, did not know this.

I'll keep you all posted with the blood work results.
I have had the strangest cycle this past month and a half. No CLUE what is going on. I am normally very very regular.

Last regular AF - June 14th - June 20th 2007

Normal Cycle: about 32 days, give or take a few

Had unprotected sex towards the end of my period on June 19th, 20 and 21

Started feeling very ill (weird heartburn and nausea) around June 29th. Started thinking i might be pregnant, even though the timing of my unprotected sex didn't quite fit.

Started spotting MID CYCLE on July 1st - 4th. (Day 17 of my cycle) REALLY started thinking i might be pregnant. I never ever ever spot mid cycle. This is usually around the time I would be ovulating. I'm not sure if this is what it was OR if my cycle started over.

Had a condom break on July 13th, went and got a Ovulation predictor kit just to make sure I wasn't ovulating and strangely it ended up showing very POSITIVE. Which makes me think my cycle might have started over on the 1st.

Got a blood pregnancy test on July 16th, it was negative.

Started spotting again on the night of July 20th. It has been VERY light, never needing more than a panty liner, which is also very unusual, my periods are usually very heavy and clotty.

I have no idea what is going on.

If this current spotting is from my last regular cycle starting on June 14th, it is 4 or 5 days late and very unusual. If I started my cycle over on the 1st, then this is right about the time of implantation bleeding. But yet I've been feeling ill for almost a month now, since before July 1st.

I know this is very confusing (trust me, I'm very confused myself!!) but I'm just at a total loss and don't know what is going on.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
I am 8 days late today, lastnight i took a preg test and it came back neg, and then this morning i took another one and it was neg once again, im having cramping low back aches, swollen breast but not sore, and almost a turning feeling in my stomach, as well as a little bit of discharge, annnnnd feeling more hungrier then i ever have been. I dont know what going on with myself, a little over  amonth ago i had a blood preg test done and it was neg, and then a few days later i had weird color spotting, first pink then it went to a darker brown, that lasted for 8 days then i had a period that contiuned right into that for another 2 weeks... But now im still 8 days late and wondering whats going on,, its so frusterating seeing a neg sign and not having a period....
i am just about 5 days late..took 3 tests all negative. i just threw up for like 15 minutes..have been moody and tired. idk whats going on. the other day i bled after sex..not like AF just when i was cleaning up. i though i had it and put a tampon in but the next day no sign of it. im calling the clinic n making an appt. monday. any advice?
Now I'm 15 days late. Just go the results from the blood test. BFN. She wanted me to come in for medication to start my cycle. I would rather use the natural approach, so I'm going to wait until my next scheduled cycle should come before I consider putting hormones and chemicals into my body.

In the mean time, the cramping has eased down to almost nothing and the lower backpain only occures when I am doing a lot of walking (no, I'm not overweight). My headaches are not as bad either. My breasts are still tender, especially my nipples.

I will just wait until my next scheduled cycle. I will keep everyone updated, since we are all curious as to what is going on with our bodies that do not have text book solutions.
i am 19 my period is like clock work
i was supposed to come on july 28 but it didnt come and me and my boyfriend just had unprotested sex august 2 on august 6 that night i started spotting or is it a light period any advice
First....How come no one ever says whether or not they heard anything positive from their Doctor or if they found out what was causing there periods to be late (preggers, not ovulating, etc).

I am currently 5 days late. I have a very regular 31 day cycle ( I know this sounds just like what everybody in this forum says lol ).  I have taken 4 HPT's and all BFN so far.  I am naturally becoming very frustrated. I will wait it out until Monday, then to the Doctors office I go for a blood test.

Baby dust to all that are TTC, Good luck.
hi guys im 21 and my periods usually come every 31 days well its been 2 weeks and im spottin no af. nasuea all the time and my boobs are u huge my stomach is tight and headaches and heartburn. i havent gone and taken a test becasue i dont want to be disappointed again!!!!!! im waitin another week to see if my af comes guys what should i do.  its been weird me and my fiance want a baby but i dont know whats wrong with me!!!! im scared any advice
I am on CD 51. I haven't had a BFP yet either, I'm hoping I am preggers, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I came off the pill 4 months ago, and I had been having fairly regular cycles now this. I wish I knew what was going on. It's good to see it's not just me. I'll let you all know if I find out anything.
hey everyone! i have a question...i have unprotected sex with my bf all the time and i am now a few days late for my period...last month i had it july 10th. i have been experiencing sore breasts and they feel very heavy, some headaches that come and go, a lot of clear non smelly or itchy discharge which i find unusual, some light cramping very tired all last weekend i just slept and did not want to do anything else and if i did get up thinking i had energy i was just exhausted again and i didnt know why lol, 2 weeks ago i had very light brown spotting only when i wiped for a couple of days, and just the other day starting to feel nausaeu and it would help if i ate something and non stop to the bathroom its drivin me nuts i have been even wakin up in the middle of the night to pee..so just wanted to see what anyone thought if i could be pregnant or something else.  i did take 2 tests but both neg and dont kno if it is too early to tell thanks!
Hi Ladies!
This is my first time actually participating in one of these threads...I have read through everyone's postings and I would just love it if someone would actually update what has happened to them after being late and all the negative hpt's.  Needless to say, I'm in the same boat as everyone here, trying to find some hope and get some positive feedback.  Nobody seems to address anybody's questions on here.  A friend of mine gave me some hope today, and I hope this offers some of you some hope.  A friend who is due in a few weeks, did not get any positive hpt's and didn't get her pregnancy confirmed to her until she went to her doctor's.  So yes, it is possible to test negative on a (or several) hpt's and still be preggo.  I have a little of a messed up cycle myself and it has been 37 days since my last period.  I have been nautious off and on for a week but no other symptoms.  I am going to my obgyn next week and I hope to report to you all after I get some bloodwork done some happy news.  Best of luck to you all!!!!!
I am currently five days late.  I have taken three HPT with all Negative results.  I had cramps on the day I usually start my AF and have felt nauseated for couple of weeks now.  

just lil side note....
To add to all of this...twice my four year old son has out of the blue run to me and said,"Mommy, you are pregnant."  And once this week I dreamt that I was pregnant.  I rarely remember my dreams.
I am 9 days late and I just started light pink discharge. Its very light tho nt heavy.  I have no doctor yet cause I just switched insurance but I have one in mind.  I have had 2 BFN's but my symptoms are: itchy, tender and dry nipples(which is very unusual for me), cramping, painful gas, nausea(no vomiting tho) and exhaustion and of course no AF.  

Im just looking for a little positive feedback. i see that nobody answers anyones questions. But this thread has giving me more hope than i could have ever dreamed of!!!

Thanks guys and keep postng!!!
Hi Everyone!
After taking a TON of hpt's with negative results (I lost count after my fifth test), I decided to let it go and just wait on AF.  But last night I couldn't wait anymore, being 15 days late and the fact that my husband commented on how ginormous my boobs were, I just knew that something was up.  I took another hpt last night and it was POSITIVE!!!!  Asylem87, please take an hpt, or two and get yourself a doctor's appointment.  I didnt' have many symptoms, just the swollen breasts, felt nautious for a little while without vomiting and that's pretty much it.  Just go get yourself checked out...the not knowing is just torture.  So, I hope that this gives some of you hope out there.........I know alot of ladies put down their symptoms and ask questions, but nobody comes back to update what the outcome was.  This is my second pregnancy as I miscarried my first earlier this year, in January, so this pregnancy is something that I thought was never going to happen.  I wish you all the best of luck and if there's anything I can disprove is that, you can have negative tests and still be pregnant.  Baby Dust to you all!!!

Reading all your comments has been fantastic.  I am sort of in the same boat except I am nearly 2 months late and have have the nausea, heartburn, really tired (than normal).  I have taken 5 urine tests and had a blood test done but they have all come up BFN...I get cramps now and again and have been moody so I thought yay it is on its ways but today has been day 55.

I want to be pregnant that is for certain but the tests keep saying NEGATIVE and its really getting me down.  I am scared to take another.
Well it looks like were all in a pretty crowded boat around here!!!  I have the same situation as the rest of you; as of today AF is 9 days late.  I feel so much better hearing all of you voice your worries, and knowing I'm not alone.

After losing count of negitive hpts I have taken, today I called and asked for a appointment with my obgyn. I'm concered about tubal pregnacy being a possiblity, so I don't want to go over the 8 week mark if that is the case.

Like the everyone here, I so hope I see that BFP++++++!  Good luck to all!
any advice for me?

I am not laste yet, just a few more days to go, BUT, I have been nauseous, lower back pain, VERY sore breasts...and very tired.  However, I had my tubes tied 4 years ago.  What the heck is wrong with me??
Hi Ladies,

With my son 8 yrs ago the only symptom of PG was no AF. I didn't get a BFP until I missed AF for 4 wks. Now I am 7 days late and I have had cramps off and on since the week b4 my AF was to show up, but then I go # 2(TMI) and the cramp would go away. I usually don't get cramps until my 2nd day of AF and barely at all. I have been regular ever since I had my son. I also have more gas than usual. I also have the feeling of drinking too much water and then trying to move suddenly after 5pm at night (I never had morning sickness with my son so I don't know if this is what it is like) I am not tired I actually at night am having a real hard time falling alseep and then a hard time waking up in the morning (well DUH!). I have more vaginal discharge than usual, but no spotting. I have taken 2 HPT's both BFN... I went to the doctor to have a blood test done 3 days ago because of my past experience and it also came back BFN (but they did the one that comes back +/- not actual levels of HCG). So I thought OK I am not PG this time. :( But then he says BUT if you were 4 wks late last time b4 a + test then the levels could still be too low for the blood test to pick up... OK WAIT@!!! So now I have to wait another wk if I don't get AF they said come back for yet another blood test... GRHHHH
Oh and my lower back has been hurting also... Never had that with my son.
hi all i had sex the monday before my period was to start. i am on bc pills but am not always good with taking them on time. my period was very light and by thursday, nothing so i did  not restart my pills on that sunday like usual. usually if i miss a pill i start bleeding but again nothing the friday after that i started a light brown discharge then watery like pink ( sorry, TMI) then nothing at all, ( implantation???) . . have been feeling bloated, fluttery stomach, annoying headaches and leg aches with a (not normal for me) white discharge. 4 BNFs...going to get blood test tommorrow but still anxious! even if the blood results are negative im scared they may be wrong, as ive read in so many posts! esp bc it hasnt even been 3 weeks since i couldve gotten pregnant!- any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! thank you...
when i had my son i got pregnant 2 days after my AF so had no idea until and month later when i missed it- this time i was right before and the waiting is killing me! seeing that your doctor said the 4 week mark helps me bc i am convinced i am but it has only been about 2 weeks since i missed it so if a blood test comes back negative i wont be able to believe it until my period starts again!
Remember though there are 2 different kinds of blood tests that can be done.
1.) the one I had was the one that just says +/- (usually takes an hour for the results)
2.) the one I wish they would have done which actually gives you the levels of HCG in your system (usually takes 3 days for the results and costs 3-4 times more)

Actually knowing what I know now if I were 2 wks or more late I would ask my doctor to just do an ultrasound.

Last time since I was 7 wks PG before I found out I was still drinking and smoking. I was young and wasn't thinking. Now I have already quit drinking and smoking just incase I am PG.

Good Luck I hope you get the answers that you want.

i am hoping they do the most effective one bc im currently on a med that can cause birth defects if taken during pregnancy im scared they will say negative then i will find out otherwise in acouple weeks so i am refusing to take it until i know for sure bc i really feel like i am, same symptoms as the first pregnancy minus the morning sickness, which i know can happen and i might not get all the sumptoms- hope you also get the answer you want, thank you!
**symptoms
so i just went to my appt and the nuyrse and doctor pretty much laughed in my face and told me there was no way i was pregnant and it must be my thyroid messing up my cycle. i know that it can but ive never missed my AF...NEVER! she didnt ask if i felt any different, didnt ask what kind of bleeding i had for the 2 days, made a face when i told her i only missed it for one month and pretty much humored me with teh blood test telling me that she was sure it was going to come out negative! isnt one of the major signs of pregnancy a missed period! not to mention i was there for 2.5 hours. i asked what i should do if i didnt get my period for this month either and that went unanswered, which was helpful...im so mad right now and dont know what to do if it comes back negative im still nervous about taking my meds. if its still too early to tell it could be negative anyways does anyone think it could be too early??? & anyone have any suggestions for me, dont know if i should wait or believe the test : - ( thanks...
Hi everyone. I am currently 15 days late on my period and I have taken 2 hpt which the first came back + and the 2nd came back -. went the the ER yesterday and got a blood test done which came back neg as well. I am still having all the symptoms and no AF. Dr at ER said it could be a pelvic infection, but it is more than possible that i am prego. any advise?
I am now 12 days late. I made another doctors appointment for tomorrow afternoon. My breasts are really sore now and have gotten bigger. If they get any bigger I am going to have to buy new bras! And over the weekend I started to get really tired, even took a couple of naps oh and joy my heartburn is back. Today the smell of pizza made me sick.

Girly1013 = What did your results say from the blood test? Good Luck.  I would try another doctor.
Hey all,

Well I am over 3 months late with my period.  I still occasionally get the symptons as if I am pregnant but my p tests are still coming up a negative.  When I last saw the dr he said to go back in 3 months.

I am getting to the point where I am freaking out.  I am scared that there is going to be something else wrong that is going to stop me from getting pregnant.

People I could really use some advice please.
i have no gotten my test results back they said the next day, my appt was thursday it is now monday and no call from them. i was looking around online trying to figure out if it was maybe too early to take the test i read somewhere it takes 10 days after implantation for the hormone to be strong enough...that will be the 18th for me. any advice with that...i know everyone is differnt so i dont know what to think! for now im acting like i am, whether i am or not....not drinking or taking any medications just to be safe, until i get my period!...good luck with your drs appt, let me know how it goes!
p.s when i was pregnant with my son pizza made me literally throw up everytime i even thought about it! before and after that, it was my favorite food! haha
So I had my tubes tied 20 months ago after the birth of my second and last child. Recently I was having some pain and bleeding problems so they put me on B/C pills for two cycles. I took my last pill on August 12. I have yet to see AF. It has been 37 days. I took 2 HPT but as most of you it was a BFN-. I had blood taken yesterday for a pregnancy test because of surgery I will be having tomorrow to see why I am having issues. Has anyone else experanced this? I have recently read the it it definatly possible to be pregnant. We shall see tomorow.
Nice to know others that are waiting too.  Just wondering if anyone here know for sure they ovulated (by OPK or BBT) and are pass AF date but still have BFN.  My last miscarriage didn't give me a BFP until 3 or 4 weeks into pregnancy since hCG level was so low and of course it ended in a miscarriage.  I wonder if low hCG are at more risk of miscarriage and thus if late detection of positive suggested that.  Based on my OPK, I ovulated at least 15 days ago.  I usually ovulated 13 days before my AF.  NO symptoms though.
Hi all,
I am 7 days late...Last month I had periods on 15 of Aug.But still I have not seen even a potting.But I see white discharge every day...I had protected sex with my hb..Am I pregnant?Should I have home Pregnancy test ??? Or should I wait?
My last pregnancy ended in miscarriage and I had no symptoms and only faint positive lines on my pregnancy tests. This time, I am on day 35 of my cycle (I am very irregular) and am getting very faint lines again. I had a blood test done, but don't yet know the results. I have lots of symptoms this time around, but have had lots of BFN's and now only very faint BFP's.

I think you should definitely test. In what I have read, cm (discharge) is a big clue that you might be pregnant.
hey there....wanted your opinion when you say the discharge is a big clue what kind of discharge. ive had a thinner white discharge more than any kind that id usually have and its very watery. sorry for the TMI but im desperate here! ive had alot of BFNs and im waiting on my drs call for the blood test thanks!
Hi, All,
I am 41 days late for my usually very regular AF. Last week I had VERY sore nipples and some tugging in my pelvic area, symptoms I've only had when pregnant.   I have two sons, 22 monhts and 9 months old.

I went to the doctor on Friday (39 days late for AF) and got a negative urine test.  They also didn't not detect any cysts.  Here's what I was told:  The body needs two different hormones to be present for ovulation to happen.  When one is absent, the other hormone surges (because it doesn't really know what to do) which can result in pregnancy-like symptoms.  They did bloodwork on me, and if I am not ovulating, they will give me a hormone supplement to take twice a day for five days, which should stimulate AF to start.  I also asked them to test any other levels that may be affecting my cycle, including thyroid.  

I will have blood work results on Tuesday.  I will have a second blood test next Friday to make sure I am still not pregnant, and then appropriate therapy will commence.  
I had HPT but it was negative.I do not have any sign of periods.I see little white discharge everyday.I do not know what to do...I am confused...
Finally I am having my periods since yesterday,though it was very late
hello! im 22 and i have a 8month old son my period is three days late and every since i had my son it has been like clockwork each month I have taken 4 hpts and all were negative! I feel like i have all the symptoms of pregnancy! I am having lower backaches, sore boobs, headaches, increase appetite, and cramping like menstrual cramps and last night i got extremely nauseated but still no period! with my 1st child i found out when i was 5 weeks pregnant! someone please give me feedback!!
My last period was August 23rd. That makes me 12 days late. I have to pee every 30 minutes or so, Im starving even though i've eaten plenty today, I constantly have to put my hand over my nose because I keep smelling things, and as of last night I have heartburn. I took a test yesterday and it was negative. Anyone think I should test again?
hi guys i am now 7 days late and took 2 HPT's (the dollars store brand) and both were neg. i have heard that stress among other things can delay your period, I am sure im stressed (I ALWAYS AM) but thats never stopped my period from coming before, not sure what i should do.
just took HPT yesterday and nothing. i've never had children this would be my first could that have something to do with it. PLEASE HELP!
Hi im 23 and been off BC since Jan 07.... My husband and I had unprotected sex thursday the 28th of Sept... I should have been on my period at that time but it was late. I think I ovulated late b/c i had a large amount of cm a few days befor... so now  its Oct 8th and BFN still and ive taken 4 test. Im getting kinda upset at this. Im usually on time give or take a few days. Today i had very very very light pink spotting... and 3 days prior had a little cramping but just ended up with discharge. This is weird never have experianced this before. Ive never been PG ever sooo i dunno what to do. Please someone give me some advice....
Hi Everyone!
After a very rough ride, I have gotten some answers that I hope will help some of you out.  I reported to you all in August that I indeed am pregnant (I'm 11 1/2 weeks right now).  I had TONS of negative hpt's.....tried using the dollar store brand..DON'T BOTHER!!  I finally decided to get a regular hpt and it was in fact positive.  At that point it had been 44 days since my lmp.  I was ELATED of course.....I had very swollen and tender breasts and nautiousness for about a week before the + test result.  Two days after the +, I started to spot and of course FREAKED OUT....I went to the ER and because my lmp was so long before, they said I should've been 6 weeks preggo at that time and my hcg levels were too low and that I was most likely miscarrying.  I tried to explain that I did not have a regular cycle and asked if it was not possible that I ovulated later than the 'norm' and they told me not to get my hopes up cause I was most likely miscarrying.  Well, I did not believe cause I just felt it that they were wrong.  Having miscarried earlier this year, I just did not have the same gutt feeling and knew that the baby was fine.  After finally getting into to see my OB, I had another ultrasound and more bloodwork.  Everything is FINE!!!  I in fact was only 4 weeks pregnant at the time I was in the ER because I ovulated much later in my cycle.  My OB told me the spotting and the nausea that one week was all from implantation.  I have since had another 2 ultrasounds to check on baby and everything is progressing perfectly.  I just wanted to come back here to update you on my story.....I think we know our bodies better than any Dr's do and if you feel it in your gutt, go with your instincts and don't let anyone tell you different until you get absolute positive proof otherwise.  Good Luck to you all and don't ever give up.  Every woman is unique and you should never accept being dismissed by your Dr's---Stick with your gutt ladies!!!!!  Baby dust to you all!!!!
hey ladies,

as i read some of your stories, it reminds me of what i have recently experienced..

i just found out yesterday morning that I am almost 8 weeks pregnant!

my last period began 8/24, and so i expected my next one on 9/22 or so.. but it never came.. took some pregnancy tests when i was a week late and they were negative.  (do not trust first response!)

i feel like i just knew the moment of conception to be honest.. i wasn't careful as far as contraceptives go..

the day i was supposed to get my period i was fooled by what i now realize was implantation bleeding.  the first time i saw it, it reminded me of my first ever period, because it was light and brown.

it may have only been nerves and downright fear, but during those 2 days of occassional spotting i was a wreck.  it was like the worst pmsing ive ever experienced-- i didn't want to see another human being, i wanted to eat junk foods, i felt constantly on the verge of tears.. but i still felt like there was a good chance i wasn't pregnant, and was merely stressed about my senior year workload.

with the negative test results around the 30th, my boyfriend firmly believed there wasn't a possibility that we were pregnant.. but i continued to remind him a few times a day.

i have always been a night owl but the past week or so i have been exhausted by midnight (when i have been experiencing painful cramps) and i am awaken at 6:30 sharp to more cramps.  

so yesterday morning i took a clear blue easy test.. within 5 seconds the positive sign appeared!
i brought it to my boyfriend and he proposed! but then we had a serious conversation for the entire day (he skipped work and i skipped class) and we came to the almost-certain conclusion that we are too young and unprepared.  

Our Catholic families wouldn't understand, and his genes are highly prone to a certain disease i can't imagine passing on to a child.  

the past two days have certainly been the most difficult of my life.  i attended the planned parenthood information session, and i was shaking and on the verge of tears for the entire hour, just as i have been when at home.  

note: do not drive in this emotional state.  i tried to make a tight turn in a parking garage today and dented my passenger side door!

My abortion appointment is on friday at 10.  By then i have to decide; A- will God forgive me? and B- is my boyfriend the man i will someday marry, and if he is, can i really abort our first child?

I have dreams of getting my phD in history, joining the peace corps, traveling the world.. and i certainly cherish my freedom! but at the same time,
i know i will someday make an excellent mother..

i feel better having shared this story with anyone who, like myself, has been scouring the internet for any sense of connection with other pregnant women.. to those who have experienced light brown bleeding and are late on your period (unless this is common for you).. i recommend trying several brands of tests.  and.. listen to your instinct.  we are intuitive

-E.
age 23
I also experienced those symptoms; heightened sense of smell, frequent urination, hunger, etc.
and my last period was only a day after yours.. im sure you know by now if you're pregant, and my guess is that is highly likely that you are..
lemme know either way!
I am 3 or 4 days late. Me and my hubby trying (married in Aug) I took a test the day my period was due and one today both neg. I have been off the pill since june to let my body get back into it's normal cycle for after the wedding. Ever since Ive been off the pill I have gotten my period on the 11th or 12th of the month. So it's been about 30-31 day cycle for about 5 months.Except this last cycle I had some spotting about mid cycle usually after sex lasting about two days which never happens. Now I am late but so far neg tests. When I found out I was pregnant w my daughter 7 yrs ago I waited about a week and a half to test and even then it was a very faint pos. I had to go to the dr to confirm. So could I be one w low hcg and need to wait longer to test like when I was pregnant before? even though tests claim to detect homones 5 days before missed period... and whats with the strange mid month spotting after sex for a couple days?
I hate to be one of those people that just says "I'm in the same boat" because the boat is apparently so full its about to sink, but I swear I am.

My period is officially eight days late. My breast are sensitive, veiny, and my dh says darker nipples than normal. I have bizarre cramps but absolutely no bleeding at all. I'm tired and hungry all the time and I have headaches off and on all day for the last five days. I've taken 4 tests, all BFN!

With my first, I remember I couldn't get a test to show + until I missed two periods, but damn is this not the most hellacious frustration! I really feel pregnant. My periods were normal, my ovulation came right on time to the day, and now nothing. I'm worried because I have PCOS and Endo, and I've been down the "you'll never have kids road." For the longest I wasn't having any periods on my own at all. Now finally I've had a few and now this. I've always been told if you have a period, you can get pregnant, but this not knowing is freakin' KILLING ME.

I feel so pregnant but then I worry that I'm making myself not have AF just by obsessing over whether or not I really am. Every time I get BFN, I tear up. It's just terrible. This has got to be the worst part of pregnancy hands down.

I'll repost next week when I take yet another fifty billion HPTs. Damn.
I am in the same situation. 8 days late now; have taken 3 hpt but all have been negative. I feel absolutely exhausted and keep failling asleep, that is, when I don't have to pee, which is a LOT!  I have nausea, heartburn, nosebleeds, and sore breasts.  All the things I remember from when I was pregnant last (10+ years ago).

I went to the clinic today to have myself checked out, but the doc just said to wait another 3 weeks and come back if AF still hadn't showed or if my symptoms got worse.

I'm just frustrated - I hadn't planned on having another child, and am not ttc, but this not knowing is driving me absolutely mad!  I wish I knew one way or the other.
Hi everyone. Merry Christmas! I am 19 dpo and I haven been hoping that I would have seen a BFP on that little stick by now but still no luck. I wanted to tell my husband the good news this morning but I'm still a little hesitant because we've gone through 2 miscarriages in the past and I don't want to get his hopes up again. This will hopefully be our first baby and would be the most wonderful Christmas gift that I could ever giive him. I have been reading forums for the last few hours because I've been unable to sleep - I've taken I think 5 hpts and they've all been neg so far. It's amazing isn't it that we can put people on the moon and do organ transplants with robotic computers from the other side of the world but still can't find out if we're pregnant until a month or two later?!?! Science has got to figure out a better way than what we have now. Anyway please wish me luck and congrats to all of you out there who know that are going to be moms!

anxiously awaiting....
I don't even know what is wrong with me. My af was due on the 22nd and i have not seen anything. I have had some signs of pregnancy but every test that I have taken has shown up Neg. A few weeks ago my breasts were very sensitive, i got nausea, headaches, sweating. a week before my period was due I had light spotting only when i wiped. Can somebody help me?
First and foremost, I am 8 days late. I hava taken three pregnancy tests (all supposed to show early results--what do they know?) and have come back negative. My boyfriend and I *did* have unprotected sex *possibly* during when I *might* have been ovulating, but we use the withdrawal method--and have never had problems, nor any "early emissions", if you know what I mean. I understand that they say it's not 100%, but according to medical anything--*nothing* with sex is ever 100%....so with that being said, there were not any accidents, or anything of the sort.

However, I am now late--and really freaking out. I started a new job and was moderately stressed during the time I would have been ovulating. Again, I have always been on-time (with a 31-day cycle) and have never missed a period, not even once.

I took the last pregnancy this morning (negative) and two preceding tests earlier this week (about 4 days late) with also clear negatives. If I had to pinpoint, I feel as though my breasts *might* be slightly larger...and I DO have abdominal cramping (possibly bloating) as if I were going to get my AF -- and then I'll rush to the bathroom & find nothing.

I guess my question is simply this: If I was theoretically ovulating on December 13th (or around there) and it is January 4th -- wouldn't at least ONE of my HPT's have registered, by now, if I was pregnant? Is it possible that, for the first time in my life, I might just skip a period???

I have made an appointment for Wednesday, to find out...But, honestly, I am NOT in any frame of mind to be a mother--and do not wish this torturous waiting game on anyone.

Can someone answer what it all means? If you skip a period, do you still get cramping?? Arghghghgh!!!!
hey al of yas.......im in da same position.......my discharge has been very white and watery the past week, my period was almost a week late then finally it came yesterday but it is very pink not like normal, ive been getting a lot of cramps everywhere the back of my legs, stomach, sides, headaches, lower back pain, ive been feeling nausia, trouble sleeping at night because it feels like my stomach is doing tumbles, swolen abdomon, swolen and very sore breasts, and have been very tired!!!!! but even though im having all the symptoms the home pregnancy tests still show up negitive......believe me......it is very frustrating, my fiance doesnt know what to think as i had a miscarrage (miscarriage) in september, and we dont want to get our hopes up incase im not pregnant or incase i miscarry again!!!

o0o0o0o and i cant even look at food id eat around half a meal everyday no breakfast or anything but even then i would feel full, that has just been the past day or two, before that i couldnt eat enough without being hungry a hour afterwords...........i dont know what to do.......my period seems to be going away so im begining to think its that implantation thing???............hopefully............im going 2 see my doc in a few days.........ill post what happens for anyone that this is useful to........as noone else seems to LOL:P:P
Hi All,

My last periods were on Dec 26.I am expecting periods in this 26th.Me and my DH had sex exactly on and b4 ovulation day.I am trying to conceive.I did HPT on 18th but it was BFN.On the same day I saw a little faint pink discharge on tiolet apaper when I wiped...I do not know whether it was a Implantation bleed...
But I dont have any other preg symtomps...Do u think Am i preg??
When should i do my HPT again?
I had my lmp 12/24 and now 8 dl. We have been trying to get preg since my m/c in oct. 3 hpt and 1 at the dr off and all BFN! I had some slight pink one day as well whe I wiped, but nothing! I'm dreaking out! I have no preg symp either besides I'm HUNGRY! Also, dizziness. UGH!
hi im in same boat as you all aswell im currently 11 days late and had had really sore breasts nausea slight vomitting and peeing alot with stomach cramps and discharge yet i have had 2 negative results me and my husband are trying for kids and dont want to get my hopes up im booking into the doctors today but what do people reckon do you reckon i could be even though had negative resuls????
Back in 1995 I went to a clinic, because I thought WOW, I am truly missing my period.

So I had a test done, peed into a cup and this lady tested it, we went over when my period was last time and when it was do again. By this time she figured it out, I was 7 weeks preggy's.

So what I think WE WOMEN ARE DOING WRONG HERE IS, wait till a 1 month has gone by, and perhaps by then, we will have an answer to our most troubling questions.

Because it's been 3 weeks, omg time flies by to quickly, I've got 4 more weeks to go, until I can test again.

Dont kill yourself over this, like you I want to know too, so take it easy and if you've got cramping pain, then a heating pad, warm tea and tylenol for the pain if you must.

I DON'T have sore breasts, nipples, I dont have any backaches, I know I am bloated because I've always been like this before (I sit to much).

My left shoulder, forearm, wrist and hand are paining me something fierce, so unless you can tell me what that problem is from, I'll be so happy.
I'm in same situation so doctor gave me an ultrasound turned out that i have a haemorrhagic follicle on my right ovary of 1.8cm and multiple follicles on my left ovary. My doctor has told me that is why my periods are late and theat they should returned to normal in a week or two.
Hopes this helps.
I had to join this forum because I'm experiencing the same problem. I thought I was crazy.

I'm 48 - but haven't had ANY symptoms of perimenopause. I've been clockwork on a 27 day cycle. I'm five days late, feeling really sick - I just can't eat, crampy, and dizziness but no breast tenderness.

This is the first time EVER I've been late. I also want to try to get pregnant in the next few months and had my hormones tested...everything is where it should be.

I started a new excercise routine in the middle of my cycle (I started running again). I'm wondering if that threw off my ovulation? I'm also wondering if too much caffeine is the culprit (I drink 2 cups of coffee a day).

I'm in a long distance relationship and didn't have intercourse (he was having surgery on a benign cyst in his testes) - so there's no way I can be pregnant.

So this board is really helpful. I plan on waiting another week and then making an appointment.

If women could please post what their outcome was, that would be great.
BTW, my right shoulder has been hurting me for months. I thought it was my mattress.

I saw on other postings that this could be the sign of peri-menopause. I mean, that maybe true in my case.

What I find interesting is that this happening to women of a broad spectrum of ages. This concerns me as doctors may think it's pregnancy or peri-menopause. Not that there may be something else going on.

That's why laurita 74 was really interesting. I wonder how old you, your symptoms and the circumstances that lead to the ultrasound and not just countless pregnancy tests.

please please tell me if any of you recently have been in this situation and got the BFP im waitin for, im now 11 days late and want to be Preg, but keep getting negs ive had 3 faint pos n bout 20 negs i get my drs pt result tomoz n im so so anxious x have any of you got the result you were lookin for after havin neg results?
im usually like clock work the only times ive been late ive been preg but at least i was able to get answers as now i cannot pls help!!
Ok, so like many of you, my AF was 7 days late, and I took about 5 HPT's that were all BFNs. I am a 26 year old married woman, 2 daus., I work full time and go to school full-time (have been for about 21 mos now.) So, at first I was so afraid I'd take a test and it would be a BFN, but then after talking with my husband we got excited, and actually wanted a BFN. (my husband reaaaally wants a son)
Well, today, my little bubble was broken, I got my AF, but of course I was still trying to be optomistic and think, "could this be implantation bleeding" but, as they day goes on it's redder, and a tid bit heavier than I heard implantation bleeding is usually.
I'm also cramping, and have been bloated.... UGH! Just when I got so excited about the idea....

But then I remembered: "God is in control". ~ I know when it happens, the timing will be perfect!

Hope all turns out well for all of you! :o)  
well im currently 13 days late and still no af
fingers x
I am also going through the same thing.  I am now 10 days late, have all the symptoms and this qould be my 2nd preg, so I know these are all very familiar feelings.  I had implantation bleeding on 2 days after Af was to come.  It was lighter than the norm and lasted for 1 1/2 days. 5 hpts and all BFN!  I know in my heart that I am pregnant.  Especially since this was definately not planned but my husband and I are very excited if we are pg.  All my tests were different brands but I don't think it matters.  Some women just don't have a lot of hormone in the beginning to be detected.  That is what I have read all over these forums.  I am going to wait until I am 2 weeks late to get a blood test from the doc.  I am going in sane with these hpt but sometimes I guess waiting would be better than torturing myself with them.  

To those ladies that got a FAINT LINE on the hpts,

most of them say that if there is even a faint positive line, you are PREGNANT.  I hope that helps you.

I will let you know my outcome since many of the previous posters didnt.

It is great to know I am not alone!!
good luck hunny x
im not 2 weeks late and havent done a hpt since wed, as ive already spent a fortune on them,
my dr WILL NOT give me a blood test as she feels there is no reason un less i skip my next period, i 2 am almost 100% sure i am pregnant i'm gettin cramps with no period as i did in my other 2 pregs im feeling very tired and get headaches i'm not feeling sick as of yet but i didnt with my other 2 untill around 3 months preg (BUT) in myself i feel different like i know i've been here before, i did get 3 faint pos's about a wk ago but had loads of neg's since then so TO:WILLAMENA99 very good luck to you i hope we all get the answers we are looking and hoping for pls let me know your out come i'll be thinking about you!! x
sorry i've put im NOT 2 wks late for some reason i am 2 wks late today sorry :)
I'm back, I am 13 days late today with 1 day of period. saw OBGYN today. Pee test was negative.  Ultrasound showed a cyst on my ovary.  He said it was likely causing my pregnancy symptoms since it will secrete progesterone until it dissolves.  How is that possible?  Everything I have seen about cysts on the internet say symptoms are not exactly the same. Anyway, I asked him if it is still possible if im still pg.  he said a slight chance.  He gave me a script for 10 days of hormones to take to bring on my period while it will also dissolve the cyst. He said if I still wanted, he would do a blood test to make sure i'm not pregnant before I begin the script.  I just don't buy it. I have had cysts all my life and none of them have made me so tired I can't keep my eyes open in the middle of the day or all the other symptom I'm having.  I will know the results on Thurs for sure.  

If anyone knows about these cysts please post it.  I have had numerous cysts burst throughout my life and been in ER.  I felt pain but not all of these symptoms, only when I was last pg with my 2 year old!! '

I thought my instincts had to be right, that I just know I'm pg! I guess I will find out soon.

Thanks for all the stories ladies!  God bless you all!

hi im 6 days late now me and my hubby have been ttc for over a year and a half! im 20 hes 22 so i dont see the preoblem but anyway i have  vertually all the symptoms ie tender nipples , vomit and nausea, slight cramps, major headache, fatigue, cravings, cant stop peeing, major moodswings. what do i do i have taken one hpt everyday since the first day of my missed period please help.
ps. my cycle is 24 days and i never miss the date its always the same.
Well ladies i am in the same situation as except AF is 11 days late and i have very sensitive nipples now and i am not usually late i took two HPTs and they both were positive but i think i took them too early i want to wait 2 weeks to see if this months AF comes but she's showing no signs of coming. I just know im pregnant and its frustrating to have to wait.

ADVICE SOMEONE PLEASE!!!!
about the last comment i just left i meant to say NEGATIVE sorry ladies.

I'm in the same boat as all you ladies!  I'm 8 days late with a BFN on late day 1 and late day 3.  I'm trying to hold off on buying anymore tests - I hate being disappointed!  But, the suspense is killing me.  So weird for me to be this late.  Only symptoms are backache, headache and tired all the time.  

I'd love to hear how this has turned out for others!
I am 7 days late, well now 8. I have been having very bad headaches, mood swings, and tiredness almost every single day. Last week for about three days straight I experienced nausea all day long. Food dissinterested me, and have been feeling dizzy, and lightheaded every day! I have convinced my bf and self that this is just stress. Not trying to get pregnant right now. I have had some very mild cramping, and then would go to the bathroom for #2. Discharge is there and my breast are also sore. Again convinced AF is coming! Have taken hpt's 6 total, and all BFN. Scheduled a visit with dr. for tomorrow for a blood test. Today felt a different type of cramping on my right side. Got excited thinking AF was coming, went to the bathroom and found brownish discharge, used a pantyliner. Still excited about 1 1/2 hrs later went back, wiped and found pinkish coloring! Convinced this was AF, decided to use a tampon. 2hrs later started getting really bad headaches and no cramping, went to bathroom removed tampon. The tampon didn't even have much use. Went tamponless and pantilinerless for 3hrs....nothing. Now I am worried. I know this is probably TMI, but I wanted to be detailed, as everyone has different symptoms...If 'm preganant then I will be happy, because I will know it is what GOD wants for me right now. If not, I will still be happy because I will know this isn't in his plan. I will return with my dr visit update. I am also a little worried that it may in fact be a cyst. Hopefully not. Oh forgot to mention I have been very gassy lately as well as crying about EVERYTHING!!
10 days late 3 negative HPT what could it be? I feel sick and crampy but no AF. What shoud I do?
This is all very comforting. My problem is that i had this exact same thing happen during my last period.  I was six days late and on the sixth day took a pregnancy test and it was negative.  The next day i started and was very sad about it.  This month as of now...i am seven days late but i dont want to waste the money or go through the let down again.  I have been a regular 28 day cycle girl since i was young, so being late like this is unusual for me....  I am not sure if i should wait it out or take a test.  I have all the symptoms of pregnancy, but it could also be me about to start my period...again!! help!
i'm n the same boat,my last cycle was 9/15/08.i went 2 the dr test came bac neg.i have another dr appt 10/13/08.i just want 2 know wats going on inside my body??????????
I am 7 days late had 5 neg tests i have PCOS and my doctor said it was that but i have had back ache breast sore and tirdness
I'm in the same boat.  I'm 7 days late and have taken 3 tests all coming bak BFN!  Today my nipples were dry and my breasts just seemed to grow overnight!  I dont understand why I can't get a positive....I feel pregnant.  I think we're going to go to HCP friday.
Today i am 8 days late for my period. Took a pregnancy Test and it came back negative. I dont feel pregnant, but where is my period?..I've only had Bloating. But 2 weeks ago or longer, i had really bad cramps and they went away after i used the washroom. happened about 2 or 3 times. But no cramps anymore.  Someone told me it just might be my cycle changing. but its Jan. 9 and i was suppose 2 have my period on the 2nd of jan. Last normal period was Dec. 2nd. ...Am i pregnant? and The test was to early to tell because of low Hcg? ..or is it really my cycle changing? Please Help!

Thanks. To anyone who could help me.

P.s i am under the age of 20yrs. and i do not want 2 be pregnant. but im unsure. if i am or not. How long should i wait?..should i wait to see if my period comes next month? or go to the docters in a couple more days?
well im 7 days late my last period was dec. 8, 2008 should ahve statred on the 7th of this monrth January..  Im really hoping ***BABY DUST*** Ive had cramping, smells, and even excesive saliva.. not actualy morning sickness but a lil uhg to my tummy, i have a cat and a dog and i feel as if i can smell them and it annoys the **** outta me lol I have been peeing alot lately ive noticed... my body isnt running a fever but external temp (skin) feels slightly warmer than norm.  umm lets see, I tried to check my cervix but ive never done soo, and not exactly sure what im looking for and there after i was like major crampy..  im alot more faigue but then again i get alot more sleep than most people since my husband works and i dont need to lol so i sleep most of my days away neways lol i had a sore thorat like 2 days ago thanksfully my voice came back lol  oo goodness i truly feel as if im pregnant ive taken one HPT (dollar tree brand lol) when I was 1 week exactly late but BFN =( ill take one at 2 weeks late this coming Monday and see how it turns out..  I know the dollar tree aint the best but i dont feel like spending money on a BFN!! -_- its like u jus pee your money away lol Ive been preggers b4 but i didnt find out til like 3 mos. because my AF used to be irregular ever since I had my baby they have been very regular.. I cant stand the 2ww!!! grrrrrr lol ne ideas I dont have insurance til i find out if im preggers for medicaid .. neone know like details on checking the cervix, i looked online but cant find much.. okies well ill def. keep everyone posted since most didnt! BABY DUST to all!!!! wish everyone the best!!!! xoxoxox
Okay well today. i am 12 days late!..done 2 pregnancy tests and they were both negatives. done one when i was 8 days late and this morning i did one and they were both negatives. Help?
Hey :) Im not as late as you yet but dont stress..  Sometimes some womens bodies dont produce enogh hcg to be detected some women go almost 3 months before itll show up positive, if your having pg like symptoms and keep getting falsies i suggest going to see your doctor and if insurance is a problem for you try looking for like a walk in clinic and get blood work done.. Imma wait it out a bit more my post is riight above yours so u can see what im going through lol are you wanting to be pg? (pregnant) if soo Baby dust to you and everyone else! and Good Luck with whatever you wish for!
my apologies I jus read your post above mine.. ok so u dont want to be preggers lol i take my babydust back :P besides that though just follow what I said above..  some woman dont get a positive for almost 3 months so def. see a doctor =D and good luck with things! and sorries again (hadnt read your post above)!
*sigh* -_-  :<  Ok soo today makes 8 day's late, still no AF and all the pg symptoms.. I took a equate pg hpt.. it was still a BFN!! grrr Im soo frustrated, now I know it could just be my hcg lvls but come on... give me something lol im soo sad =( it is 11 pm and i just tested i should ahvewaited til morning but i just figured it would have shown up by now, well keep throwin the baby dust my way.. Im really needing it ;) hopefully soemthing will happen soon.. should I go ahead and start a prenatal vitamin? if anyone has nesuccessful or encouraging words please send em my way! Baby dust to all! xoxox <3
well AF decided to show up -_- .. This sux :( Man I was sooo sure I was preggers like just everything... /sigh lol well thats ok id rather her show up so I knew for sure, I hate getting BFN and never knowing! So I guess Ill be able to try again this month! w00t I just dont know why it came soo late I was 2 weeks late exactly...:( I had a 43 DC ?? weird lol but okies Ill keep updated since alot dont!  Take care and sending tons of Baby Dust!!

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND IT SEEMS LIKE ALOT OF WOMEN ARE IN THE BOAT. MY PERIOD IT'S BEEN MISSING FOR 38 DAYS AND IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY CAUSE MY HPT WAS NEGATIVE THE NURSE SAYS WAIT ANOTHER WEEK TO TEST AGAIN AAAAAHHHHHH. ANYONE OUT THERE HAS HAD A LAPAROSPCOPY AND HOW LONG AFTER DID YOU GET PREGNANT, THAT'S MY CASE SO PLEASE HELP ME OUT... THANK YOU ...BABY DUST FOR THAT WANT IT....
any BFP's out there!?!
Hello. I have my AF on Jan 272009, ended on Feb 1st 2009..  2/3 and 2/5 and 2/6 I baby danced, on 2/8  started spotting pink blood, but didnt need a tampon or anything just a liner, it lasted til 2/10.. could I be pregnant???
Hey all, I suffer from irregular periods and my last period was on the 6th february and so its 36 days now and still getting negative pregnancy tests...I feel different, I have a dull ache in my left ovary area and feel so tired all the time, like now Ive been up for two hours and already feel shattered also I feel quite sickly with an off taste in my mouth....Im worrierd about the dull ache Im getting...been to docs 3 days ago and waiting to go for an ultra sound next week to get things checked out...Im hoping I dont have PCOS or a cyst....would be over the moon if I am indeed pregnant.....I would be "2" weeks if I was as I always know when I ovulate....anyone gone through the same thing??? xx
i am in exactly the same situation i have not had my period since febuary the 24th i have back pain and feel nausuous sometimes, and headaches i have taken 3 preagnancy tests one today infact and its shown negative like the rest i feel preagnant i really think i am its the preagnancy tests that are confusing me i dont know what to do cus i always thoult if i was preagnant it wud show up on the tests grrrrr i need some serious advice am crying and sick of being hopeful on a feeling and no period that i am preagnant
My BF is in the Army- when he came to visit me in March I had my period... got it the 12th.  We had to do what we had to do, even with AF present, had sex March 15 &16.  My period totally stopped at day 4 when it usually lasts 6 days.  I thought it wasn't even possible to conceive during your period... but my period was due Apr 9 and its now the 17th.  Just like most of you, I have symptoms and BFN... I have done three HPTs.  So I guess it's just the waiting game now. What I wanna know, is how are there so many ppl who are missing periods with pregnancy symptoms who turn up being pregnant when the test says BFN, and yet the htp tests claim 99% accuracy?
i feel your pain i expected my af on the 12th of april so now im 8 days late im having all the signs bloating, gas, heartburn, morning sickness, darkening aereolas boobs getting bigger, i see veins in my breasts that i couldnt see before a discharge a minor headache some cramps occasionally but not bad (sry if tmi) i took a few hpts and all came out negative so far some girls from work think im crazy and that its all in my head because they took a test right b4 their af and it came out pos....but my one friend kept goin and kept goin to th edoc and he kept telling her no shes not so she switched docs and found out a few weeks ago that shes 8 wks oh yeah i went on fri and took a blood test came back negative but if my af doesnt show up soon and still neg hpt then im headed to a different doc good luk and ill keep you posted!!! baby dust!!!!
i am currently 2 weeks late and still getting n results, i have headaches and feel sick to my stomach all the time, what to do?  i once had a friend that kept on tacing test all neg when she went to dr found out she was 3 months along
hi my name is stacy i am 17 n i have mest up period days cuz i was pregnant before but had a miscarriage n its been 9 days now since i havnt had my peroid i took 2 test n came out negative i have no syptoms (symptoms) but my feet hurt n i have shortning of breath i dont know if i should go to the doctors but im not assigned 2 this hospital n e more im assined to a hospital in san antonio do u think i can still go to a clinic here i have tricare cuz my sis is in the army idk what to do the last pregnacy i didnt think i was pregnant but i was n i waited 2 late to go to the doctors n had a miscariage i dont want it to be like dat again if i am pregnant
This exact same thing just happened to me, I was 15 days late and I'm never late!
I had 6 negative tests. As we were trying for a baby the hospital said I should go in for a blood test and scan as she explained that even though it is fairly rare some women don't produce enough HCG quickly enough to show a positive on a home pregnancy test and even minute amounts will show in a blood test.

I had my scan and blood tests today and I am not pregnant, they checked my ovaries and all looks fine so they think my period skipped for some other reason such as stress or the weight I have lost recently. She said it can be quite common for a period to be very late or go astray for an unknown reason and it isn't generally something to worry about.
I was given provera to start me bleeding again so hopefully my periods will be regular again after the provera treatment.

You should have a HCG blood test just to be sure, my cousin showed negative home tests for weeks and when she had a blood test she was 12 weeks pregnant!

good luck and let us know how things go!
6 BFN and 6 days late. I can't take this! Doc appointment on Wednesday if no AF. It has been a year of trying.
I am 10 days late, neg hpt 4 days and 7 days ago. have pregnancy symptoms, but unsure what is going on. I have a very regular period 28 day cycle. going to the obgyn on thursday. will probably take another hpt on wednesdya anyway.
Ok I wish people would post on here whether or not they ended up with a BFN or BFP after all this time with out getting AF. Last time I got preggo I had an eptopic. I got methotrexate. MY levels were only up to 220 at the highest. I waited a period and now it's 2 months later. MY AF is 3 days late and 3 BFN's! I have been having cramping for a week adn a half. Not like period cramps. Don't thinks it's another eptopic because the pains are not sharp. I have been having quite a bit of discharge as well. How long do I wait to call the doc? God I want a BFP so bad!!!!
I'm in a different boat than everyone I think. I am 8 days late, before af I usually have really sore breasts, and bloating. But, so far I have zero symptoms of pms or preg. No sore breasts, no vomiting or dizzyness, no salt or sugar cravings, nothing. I have taken 2 hpt and both were bfn. I did have a uti earlier in the month and took anitbiotics, so I wonder if that could delay my af. Any thoughts ladies?
Ok this is the first time a thing like this has ever happened....I was searching the Internet to try to find some answers...I'm 23 yrs old and my last regular period was nov 6th...I stopped taking b.c. about 7 or 8 mtgs ago bc me and my finace were ready to have a baby....I was suppose to start dec 4th I have an apple iPhone and I got the monthly FMC (female monthly calender) bc with me not being on BC anymore I have no idea and I forget when i'm suppose to start...I have been following this calender for 2 mths mow and this is the first time I have ever ever missed my period I'm 10 days late starting 12/14/09 and have taken two tests both neg I have no signs of starting no cramping no pains...no morning sickness...my breast have gotten bigger but no tenderness I feel bloated all the time...I was just seeing if anyone could help with some possible answers plz!!!!!!!
Im in the same boat. 7 dyas late 3 (-) hpts. Has anyone had a (-) turn to a (+) if so how long did you wait??
Ok so I talked to my dr and he said a preg test will now show up in some women until they or atleast 6 weeks preg and if I am then i would be 5 weeks now to wait a week then retest. So good luck to all if its BFN wait for 2 weeks after your missed period to take a test save money & not get your hopes up. Give AF time to decide she wants to visit
IM+3+DAYS+LATE...I+HAVE+BACK+PAIN...IM+SLEEPY+ND+HUNGRY+ALL+THE+TIME...IS+IT+WORTH+TAKIN+A+HPT%3F...WHAT+SHOULD+I+DO%3F
Hi all! I'm just glad to see that I"m "normal"!  I'm 36 years old, 7 days late and have had 3 BFN's...argghhhh! I do have a 2 y/o DS. We miscarried 5 months ago. This doesn't feel like either of the times that I've been pregnant (I just KNEW), so who knows what's going on. I think I'll take another HPT tomorrow morning and then call the dr. Something is happening, I just don't know what...I'm mortified that it may be "the change" starting and that we may have missed our baby window :(

Hi all! I am 23 years old and had my son at 20...I didn't even know i was pregnant with him....i had missed a period and didn't relieze it until i was supposed to start my period the fallowing month....since then i had used the shot as my method of birth control. I had my last shot in January of 2009 and didn't get my period back until the last day in september 2009. It was very regular...I knew what day it was coming every month and it was there.... In december....I got it and it was very very light.....only enough to use a pantyliner and i only really had to change it 2 or 3 times a day....which was odd because my period is never like that. Last month which was January 2010 It came on time.....but it was extremely heavy and i was in soooo much pain the first day. I was supposed to get it this month which is february 2010 on the 10th and here is it the 16 and still no period. I took an at home test on sunday night and it looked like there was a very faint line but i think it might have been because there was too much urine on it and right where the second line is there was a line that looked like there was to much urine that had dried on the on the line. I took the second one on monday morning and it was negative...so i don't know what to think. I am going to wait a few more days to a week and take another one.....in the past month though i have had lower stomache pains...not cramps,vomiting,nausia, i feel like my breasts are bigger,i am also having headaches and i don't have them too often, I am also having a clear/white discharge....could I be pregnant?

I am new to this forum.

I have been with my partner for 3 years. We currently use the withdrawal method ( rare occasion condoms). I last got my period on the 14th Jan 2010. On the 12th Feb 2010 we had unprotected sex, My period has not yet arrived it is currently 6-7 days late. I took a preg test yesterday came back negative I am very anxious to find out! I really want to be pregnant. When should I take another home preg test. I dont know if my chances of falling pregnant are slim as I had sex the day after my period was supposed to come but it never arrived.
I can't belive how helpful and encouraging this forum has been. I am 12 days late and have never missed a period nor been late. I have taken about 20 home pregnancy tests and been to the doctor to have the urine and blood test both show negative. I was pretty much thinking that something must have just happened this month until I read all of this and seen how many others go through this. Maybe I really am pregnant... I refuse to take any more home tests unless it's the weekend. That definitely gets expensive! It would be nice if those who are saying they are so late updated to let us know if you ended up pregnant!
Any word on if you are pregnant or not? I am now 16 days late, and still testing negative. I went to the doctor on day 10 and he told me to wait 2 more weeks to see if anything happened, and perscribed me pills to make me start my period if nothing happened to 2 weeks. I am skeptical of this though. I am going to make another appointment for this week with me regular doctor and see if I can figure out what is going on. I am really running out of patience and really just want to know one way or the other. I was taking a test literally every day during the first week of missed period, but I now take them on the weekend.
i glad to hear that i'm not the only one goin threw this i am now 7 days late i have taken a test today which showed up nagative once again i have been stressed lately but stressed has never seemed to stop my period or never seem to make my period late we have been tryin for a baby but now so confused which is stressing me out more now thinking about it all i don't know what to do
The first week is a tough one to get through without knowing if you really are or aren't pregnant. I am now on week 3 and still haven't received a positive. I have another appointment on Monday, so we'll see where that goes. Good luck :)
Wanting anyone who comes in after this and has the same feelings as I have, that on day 20 of my missed period I started. This is the frist time something like this has ever happened to me, but I am relieved that I finally got an answer. The question mark was driving me crazy :)
The not knowing is driving me crazy!   I am a 47 year old woman that has her period like clockwork and now I am 8 days late.  Yes, there is a very big possibility that I can be pregant but the tests are coming back negative.  but since they are coming back negative - I am wondering am I just going through the change????  Part of me is scared because I am 47 years old and then the other part of me is exciting thinking I may be pregnant.  In my heart I think I conceived on 2/20 and it is only 3/8 so perhaps it is just too soon to tell?
Ive never been pg and have been in some serious long term relationships and have never really tried before.  But at the mo im single and had a 1NS (oops) and now im 7days late but the test came up bfn, im alittle worried because it feels like its comming... but nothing happens i dont have anyother symptoms.. any ideas??
i was suppose to start on march 11 and was nauseated and tired and just felt really preg. all tests came out negative, on day 8 i started. so calculate your days count 14 days from your first day of your last period, then see if you had intercourse 3-5 days before that date or on that date if not then chances are your not if you did then chances are you might be! good luck to you! hope i halped
hello Everyone! I signed on b/c my husband and I are not trying to get pregnant. I will be 40 soon and i'm trying to lose some weight and get in shape. Wht a surprise it would be! I've done 6 HPTs, all negative...im a month late. After reading all your comments I'm thinking I could be pregnant. Thx for your inputs...
Im 19 years old and 10 days late! my last period was 2/15-18/2010 i have 28-29 days in my cycle. I had a miscarriage back in sept 09. i was 4w and 6d when i found out, but started bleeding at 5w and 2d and they did a blood test and the levels had dropped pretty low. but since than my periods have been normal! i have taken multiple tests, all neg. i even went to the doctor and took one, that was also neg. i have cramping here and there, but nothing major, i have fairly large breast and they dont hurt before i get my period or anything, they also dont hurt now. i feel bloated, idk what to do! im glad to see i am not alone, but its scary. i am going to the doctors again on tuesday (2 weeks late) and if the test is negative, i am demanding a blood test! can someone please help me with advice.i will keep you guys posted. thanks :)
Hey everyone. I was suppost to be due for my AF on april 15th, still nothing. I've never had these symptoms and to my knowledge my period has never been this late mabey a day or 2 (early or late), Plus its such a coincidence that me and my partner actually tried to get pregnant this month and had intercourse during the time I was ovulating (exactly 13/14 days after the first day of my last period)!! This past week or 2, I have been extremely tired, sleeping hours on end. I have been nausea, and it never goes away, It's like morning sickness but it stays with me ALL DAY. I will feel extremely hungry, but then when I get to eat I start feeling even more nausea and its hard for me to eat. I have been urinating these past couple days almost 2 times every hour, or at least once every hour. I have white milky discharge that I have been getting everyday for about a week now. I get cramps as if my period is about to begin but NOTHING. My boobs havent been sore, but the areolas dont seem darker, but the litle bumps around them are alot more noticable, which I heard is a sign of pregnancy. Heartburn also!!! I've also been having terrible headaches, which I never get. Some people told me that when you think you might be pregnant, or try to get pregnant, that you can trick yourself into having symptoms but i don't believe you can trick yourself into missing a period!!! And these symptoms are exactly on point to everything i've read about early pregnancy signs AND I was having them before I even knew they were early pregnancy signs. I just took an hpt but it came back negative, It was a First Response test. I am really let down, But I am hoping it was a false negative, If not then I don't know what it can possibly be..And that scares me. Im definetely going to set up a doctor appt. today !!!
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!! OR GIVE ME SOME ADVICE!.. BASICALLY IM 17 YEARS OLD, IVE HAD UNPROTECTED SEX WITH MY BOYFRIEND ALOT LAST MONTH, I WAS SUPPOSED TO COME ON MY PERIOD ON THE 29TH/30TH APRIL, AND I TOOK A HPT ON THE 29TH THAT SHOWED UP NEGATIVE. SINCE THEN IVE BEEN HAVING ALOT OF SALIVER IN MY MOUTH, TIREDNESS, I FEEL SICK, TENDER/SEEM BIGGER BOOBS, HEADACHES, AND MY STOMACHE FEELS TIGHT, I ALSO HAVE PAINS THAT COME AND GO IN MY LOWER STOMACHE. I DONT HAVE MUCH DISCHARGE AND NO BLEEDING. I TOOK A TESCO PREGNANCY TEST YESTERDAY AND THE FIRST ONE WAS INVALID THEN I DRANK 2 BIG GLASSES OF WATER STRAIGHT AFTER AND TOOK ANOTHER AND IT CAME UP NEGATIVE, THEN I READ ON THE INTERNET THAT YOU SHOULD TRY NOT TO DRINK TOO MUCH FLUIDS BEFORE BECAUSE IT CAN AFFECT THE RESULTS! I REALLY LIKE THE THOUGHT OF BEING PREGNANT AND I AM GETTING REALLY STRESSED OUT AT THE THOUGHT OF NOT BEING! I AM SCARED THAT THAT MAY BE THE CAUSE OF MY MISSED PERIOD? OR FEELING SICK? SOME PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE, PLEASE EMAIL ME ON.. Babeey_x@ l i v e.c o.u k OR GET IN TOUCH WITH ME! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEE!! THANKYOU xxx
It's amazing how many cases are similar.  I am also 7 days late, have tested 4 times all negative.  Never late and always on time.  I have been pg before so have a rough idea of what it feels like.  DH an dI weren't trying to get pg we kind of gave up after 5 yrs of trying, now I don't know how to feel.  My last pg ended at 21 wks and our son waqs only alive for a few hrs so don't want to bring up my current confusion to DH for abvivous reasons.  Not sure what to make of it.  Had some brown spotting on the 1st 2 days that I was due but that was it.  Couple of days ago on the Mon and Tues morning I had a bit of pink discharge but really wasn't all that notable.  Have felt really tired, bloated and am constantly peeing.  Also eating more than normal which I have heard are sme symptoms.  Haven't felt nauseas or had tender breasts yet so wondering if I should go to the Dr early than my booked apt for my yrly physical at the Dr at the end of the month.  Don't want to keep testing for neg res, but everyday justs adds to my confusion.

Suggestions Anyone

T
I am in the same boat. 7 days late and 3 neg. On a HPT. My breast are very sore, mild pain an lower stomach and back pain. I just need to know WTH to do? Am I preg or not, I have discharge but no AF.
Ok, my story is a little different....  I got pregnant back in december by my boyfriend and after much consideration for my 7 and 3 year old sons and the situation I was in with him and how uncertain we were that we would be together long, we terminated the pregnancy in February by taking the abortion pill. After going through all of that sadness, guilt and realizing that we had made a mistake, we decided to actually try to have another baby together. I was on BC until April of this and began my period directly after (i was on the nuva ring). 2 months later, my boyfriend and I have done everything possible, as often as possible to get pregnant. I am currently 4 days late with very tender breasts and exhaustion. I've taken a total of 4 early pregnancy tests, only to get a BFN and a broken heart every time. I'm tired of waiting and I'm tired of crying. Could the pill have affected my chances of getting pregnant so long after we terminated the last one? Is the nuva ring so powerful that it is working 2 months later?  
i am 7 day late for AF, after taking 5 hpt all BFN, i am soooooooooo tierd ov wating, i have tender breasts, bloating dizzyness pmt, me and my partner are tyring and i already have a 5 year old

Please help its driving me INSAINE
XXXX
Please help

Its driving me insaine

7 days late, doen 5 HPT, all BFN, broken hearted each time, not to mention its costing a ££££££ fortune, i hate waiting, i have all the classic signs of bein preggg

xxxx
Im in the same boat, 7days late BFN. We were not trying at all, as we are getting married in 4 months! eek. But im gutted that i got BFN, plus i would love to know why AF has not come! I have the "symptoms" tiredness, cramping, sore back, missed period, hungry, nausea and faintness...... surely thats enough. but no!

Bekki24 have you had a conclusion?
Im in a similar boat as all you ladies, im 8 days late, did a test early evening at the nhs local walk in centre, at 5 days late and 3 htp the morning of being 6 days late all bfn, AF is now 8 days late, although today iv had creamy very light pink cm when using the loo.
Iv had no pms symptoms at all, when i was 4 days late i got nausias, and light headed both of which have disapeared, iv also been really thirsty the past few days which is now subsiding. Now today im getting ever so slight cramps on my right side. They are so slight that i only notice them when im lying down relaxed. Is the pink discharge normal? Oh iv also been getting mild aches in my legs?!?!
Even though iv had 4 BFN im still thinking i could be PG?!? And going to wait a few more days and test again. Baby dust to all TTC xx
Well I am seven days late and I am usually every 28 days and I spot for a week before. But I took a unirine test at the doc and it was negative. But it was in the afternoon when I took it.  Anyways I'm wondering if I'm pregnant or if the shoulder surgery I had a month before could be affecting my period.  I could really use some advice here! Thanku!d?
I'm riding along on the same boat...I am currently 15 days late...all the test are negative..very very very faint line on most..Went to the hospital. Again, Negative..Feeling a little nauseated but that's all...I have an appointment coming up June 22, 2010...Will let you in on the results...
Well now i am currently 14 days late and I took a HPT again this morning, and negative.......This is very frustrating!!! I've been pregnant twice before and both ended in miscarriage, but i tested positive both times like 1-3days late....i wonder if it makes a difference that this time it is a different father?? Or maybe its all in my head and its something to do with my surgery.... i would just like to know once and for all....ugh!!! I guess i will be calling my doctor for a blood test...I will update once i know. Keep your fingers crossed for me everyone!
Hi, What is your situation now please?
I feel exactly the same way as you. Desperately seeking advice help.
Feel pregnant, period 9 days late. 5 negative tests!!!
Would like to be pregnant as can't face anything else being wrong!
Feel exactly the same as you two. Please post again if you find out anything!!
Ok now i am currently 16days late and i started spotting VERY light pink, and thought maybe my period was coming...but to no avail.....UGH I AM SOOOOOO wanting to know!!!
Hello everyone.  I too am having the same issues. We have been ttc for 8 mos. Im currnetly 6days late and 19 DPO. On day 2 of missed AF i woke with SERIOUS AF cramps, thot for sure she was here...but nothing. then a few min later cramps were completely gone! They've not returned nor has AF. I tested that day and BFN, tested day 4 BFN. The only symptoms I find that aren't my normal AF symps are Im tired in the afternoon then cant sleep at night, im dreaming like crazy and that too keeps me up. Im eating like crazy, even when im not hungry, lower right back pains, slight cramping that turns in to gas, oh yea lots of gas. No tender breast which i have every month b4 AF. No real sign of AF and its driving me crazy! If im not preg. then i wish AF would get here so we can try again! I've decided to call dr. in the morning, altho im sure she'll tell me to wait another week to test again. What are your thots?
My husband and I r ttc. I had 2 daughters and 1 misscarriage in Janurary. I have been able to find out if I'm pregnant at least 2 weeks after ovulation. I ovulated june 30th. I have had discharge like all my other pregnancies so I decided to take a test. I accidently to an ovulation test instead of a pg test and it was positive. Am I ovulating again or am I prego or what? Any advice.
Hi I'm currently 7 days late for my period and i've taken 1 HPT and its a BFN. I'm SOOOO confussed i wanna go to the doctor but i'm scared wondering if i should just wait around!!! My AF is like clockwork every 28-31days. THIS IS SCARY& NERVE WRECKING!!! My boyfriend and I have been trying to get pregnant has had NO hope so its became pretty depressing but i bounced back...WASN't really thinkin about PREGNANCY til now 7 days late, 1 BFN and SYPTOMS (symptoms) OMG nausea, i threw up twice, EXTRA sleepy, back pains like no other and tummy lets not get me started!!! EVERYTHING points to PREGNANCY but that BFN!!!! ANY ADVICE?????!!!!!
So can anyone tell me their results? I am pretty much in the same boat as  most of you.. I want to be pregnant and I hate this waiting time.
Hi, My last period was August 6 th 2010 and it was suppose to come again on September 3rd 2010. It has been late for 5 days now and I took a dollarama pregancy test at 4 30pm and it came back negative??Is the test wrong??? Im not stressed and Ive been having light head aches since the 3rd of september.
Hello everyone! :)
I'm new, as are alot of you and I've been getting alot of relief from your posts. I'm hoping some of you can share some insight to mine? I am 20, no known health problems and not actively trying to concieve (conceive). My method of birth control with my boyfriend is the "rythym method" and condoms. I use the rythym method because birth control messes my system all up! Anyway I know exactly when I ovulate, and I have my period every 28 days. I ovulate on day 14 of my cycle and had unprotected sex on day 12 so I know pregnancy is a definate possibility. I am now 7 days late with 4 neg pregnancy tests!! so aggrivating :/ I am having low back pain, frequent, mild headaches and also light cramping with no blood, I have also been having alot of white discharge. Has anyone had a similar story with neg. pregnancy tests but were actually pregnant?
Thanks!
Hi I'm 21 years old my boyfriend and I went unprotected for the 1st time on Sept 5 about a week later I had some cramping in my lower abdomen. I went to the restroom and I had a dark brown discharge. It was not even enough to fill up a panty liner. My AF was due on Sept 18TH. It did not come, I took an hpt on the 20th and it was negative. Today is the 23rd & still no sign of AF. Is there a chance that I may be pregnant? I'm feeling like I'm losing my mind!!!!!
I have taken 10 tests and gotten 5 positive and 5 negatives.  I am 8 days late and started spotting yesterday a really dark colour.  I have breast tenderness, a weird feeling in my stomach and I am really tired.  I have dropped off another urine sample to be tested by the Dr. today and I probably won't find out till tomorrow.  

Am I crazy or am I pregnant?  We have been trying for 8 months.
My husband and I have been trying for 2 months now my last af was on the 29th of oct. 11 days after the start of that period i spoted brownish pink for 2 days not enough to wear a pad or anything but there when i wiped. I am now 7 days past time to get my period and have taken 3 test all neg. I have gained 3lbs had funny cravings slight cramping and no tender breasts which I always get before my period last period they were really bad for 2 weeks prior to it. not sure what i should do
This is my first time posting on this . But today I am 12 days late I've never been more then 2 days late. I've had no period " symptoms" not even an acne breakout and no preggo symptoms except being extremely emotional. And my boobs seem bigger but not soar. And I seem to have to pee alot Well I've taken 2 digital hpt and 2 regular all were negitive one even being today. Well my husband and I got busy tonight and after I went to the bathroom with very light pink spotting. I was going in for a blood  test tomorrow I was curious if I should still do it or see if it's my period  we found out a good freind was preggo this morning could I have just been " sympothizing" with her? I just find it weird I am 12 days late. I'm just not sure what to do.  
hi, my period is 7 days late. i went to a clinic in a hospital and took a urine test, the nurse told me before i took it that it wold come back negative. she told me that normally the hormone is not detected in the urine ntil u r about 6 weeks pregnant, which is really ur period being around 14 to 16 days late. and she was correct. the test came back negative as well as 2 other store test i bought and wasted money on. the last time i didnt get a period i found out i was pregnant and i was exactly 6 weeks when i took a home pregnancy test. and 1 line was barely visible. i went to planned parent hood and got tested again a week later and i was 6 weeks. so ladies as much as u hate to wait, in order to not get a false negative result and waste money on home pregnancy test that claim they can detect them 5 days before or sfter ur missed period, it just best to wait until ur period is at least 14 tp 16 days late to get a accurate result and a piece of mind. all those test that declare they can pick up the hormone early dont work for eveyone and if u look at the back of the box it only gt a posiive result on like 50 2 60 percent on woman. its really jst a tatic to make money. justrelax and wait a few weeks to be for sure. goodluck everyone!!!
It is good to hear that, I am currently 10 days late ( normally a 28 day cycle ) have done a couple of HPT and had a blood test which I got results of today all neg.  I also have PCOS so I still am not sure if it is PCOS symptoms I am having or PG symptoms.
My MIL told me today that she to was late in showing up a BFP she had just missed her 2nd period when she got the positive result.
My symptoms are : bloating, head aches, nauseous, cramping, back aches, stuffy nose, etc I am sure there is more just think of them at the moment.  
But good luck to all TTC
Viewing 1-200 comments: