Maternal & Child Community
Morning sickness-boy/girl?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Morning sickness-boy/girl?

Anyone out there that can shed any light on the morning sickness meaning boy/girl? I have only been pregnant with girls. I got horrible morning sickness with all of them. This time, even though I am only about 8 weeks, I really have none, other than occasional nausea that comes and goes. Nothing like the vomiting episodes I had with my daughters. I am hopeful! I have read that even some scientific studies have proven that morning sickness is linked more to girls than boys. Any of you experienced this as truth? I want a boy so bad, but I will love another daughter just as much. Just thought the lack of morning sickness might mean something (:
I didn't have  any morning sickness and I am having a boy. :) Good luck!!!
it may be true! i am having a boy and i was not sick at all this whole pregnancy. good luck <3
For me it's true.  With my son I had no morning sickness whatsoever, and with this pregnancy I had it pretty bad for the first three months and now it's returning in my eighth month.  It's a girl!
I had bad morning sickness with my first - girl.
Minimal with my second - girl
I had nope with this one - girl.

I don't think that the amount of morning sickness you have can accurately determine gender.  :)
With my son, I had no morning sickness and with my daughter, I was sick alot. I was wondering if this was related as well! My baby's hb is 174 bpm and they say fast hb's are a girl. But I haven't had alot of sickness this time. So, I don't if mine is going to be a girl or a boy!
1st - No morning sickness, happy baby boy

2nd - No morning sickness, m/c at 11 weeks

3rd - 22 weeks pregnant, no morning sickness, another boy

Always just tired, and have more headaches. Love food too!!!!
Thanks all! Seems to be a trend that leans more towards boys!! I just have a feeling this time around. This is my 6th pregnancy. First FOUR were girls, 5th miscarriage and now this one seems to be going well. It has been 8 years since I had a baby, so it seems kind of like the first all over again. I have just been surprised at the lack of morning sickness. I keep waiting for it to sneak up on me, but with my girls I was already getting quite sick by this point. I hope this is a sign that I might finally get my boy!!
I was only slightly nauseous, no real morning sickness and I am having a boy.

My sil was the other way around though.

Are you hoping for a boy this time around?

They say that if you like at your last childs nape, if the hairline is straight then your next child is a girl, if it goes down and pointed then you are going to have a boy.

It has been right everytime.
I have 1 boy and am having another one and wasnt sick much at all.  Nauseous now and then and that is all.  Just rem. every pregnancy is different so dont get disappointed if you are told you are having another girl.....good luck i hope you get your boy!!
I did not have any morning sickness and had a baby girl last September
Either way I will be happy...just hoping until then that I get a boy (: This is the first for DH so he really doesn't care either way. Although, with my four daughters he is largely outnumbered! We need some testosterone!
I was a strong believer in sick with a girl not sick with a boy UNTIL I got pg. I have literally thrown up for all 9 months and I see no end in sight. I am due with in the next few weeks and just threw up two days ago...before that I threw up Sunday 3x's. And yes, it is a B-O-Y!!!! So, no more wive's tales for me!!
I don't belief in wives tales, either. But I have read several medical articles that have said they have found a correlation between less morning sickness and having a boy. So that's why I thought I would ask everyone what their experiences were. Not because it is a wives tale, but because it has been proven to have some truth to it. Thanks everyone!
With my first son I didn't have any and with this pregnancy, which is also a boy, I had evening sickness for the first 15 weeks. I lived on PB sandwiches and applesauce almost the entire time.
I don't think morning sickness can indicate gender.  But, I was sick as a dog with my first (a boy) and haven't been sick once this time (a girl).
My morning sickness was terrible with my first pregnancy which is my 14 yo DD.  With my three pregnancies after that, I had some but not bad, all DSs.  Now, this 5th pregnancy led me to believe it was a girl b/c I am still getting sick at 16+ weeks and sure enough today, the u/s tech said It's A GIRL!  So....I am a believer!
I was extremely sick with my son. I thought for sure I was having a girl, but nope a boy!!! I have heard that also, but for me it wasn't the case.
everyone I have talked to and all three of my cases have shown that you are wayy sicker with boys
I was not sick at all with my daughter....I actually felt great the entire pregnancy.  My did get morning sickness with my son though!
I was told that I'm having a boy (not that I really believe anything my doctor has to say)-he seems to be more trouble than he's worth... But, I must say, I've had NO morning sickness, and minimal nausea.
I didn't even know that the gender/morning sickness thing was a wives tale. Seriously, I've only heard stories coming from the mommies themselves. I was wondering myself because I have been pregnant 4 times(lost first 3) and never really had morning sickness only a bit of nausea and indigestion. I won't know if I'm having a boy or girl for another 3 weeks, and that's only if he/she is cooperating, but I'll keep y'all posted.
sick with my girl, not with my boy.  my sis was the opposite.  my girlfriend the same, so sick with her boy she had red eyes from busting vessels with puking sad!
Hi ya everyone.  I am pregnant with my 4th child at 35 years old.  I was sick alot with my first,  now 15 yr old girl, and with my following two no morning sickness and had two boys.  I am 6 weeks pregnant and feel sick sometimes but not actually sick.  Am I having another boy??  Any suggestions.  My left breast is bigger by the way than the right one.  What stage did you start with ur morning sickness???  Cant remember back 15 years... lol  Terrie
My first- nauseated all day and night first trimester, throwing up frequent enough to end up in the hospital a few times in the second and third timester- Boy

My second- hyperemesis-Another boy

My third- typical nausea with some vomitting in the first trimester, recurred later in pg as a result of GB issues, but other than that had a wonderful and easy pg-Another bouncing boy

No real truth to m/s-gender correlation. Same with HB thing. Count your blessings that it isn't bad right now ; )
I had awful morning sickness and she is a girl.  HOWEVER, I have several friends who had girls with no morning sickness at all and mymomther told me she had it awful with all three of her children: girl, boy, girl.  

But I'll be suspicious if I dn't have it next time as well!
no i highly doubt it makes a difference wether or not its a boy or girl. i had morning sickness, nauea vomitting and all the entire 9 months of my pregnancy and i was having a boy. my frend had it for the first three 3 months (normally thats  how long it lasts) lucky her and she was having a girl. shes now due late august early sept with a boy and has nothing. it's different each pregnancy i think.
but honestly though, i do hope it depends heehee i hope no sickness or very lil sickness means girl cuz am 6 weeks + rite now and am praying so hard for a girl!! lol
1st Boy no morning sickness
2nd Boy lots of morning sickness
Well I'm sick day and night.  I'm having a boy, same then when I was pregnant with my daughter.  All the way until delivery.  This time around they gave me meds to control it.  So that's just an old wives tale.
I was very sick with all of my pregnancies, first one was a boy, second one I m/c at 11 weeks (blighted ovum, so no gender) and the last one a boy.  I lost 15 lbs. the first trimester with all of them, sick till around 5 months, slowed down till around 7 months and then puked again till the end.  I think it's an old wives tale.
I had no sickness at all with my first, a daughter but with this one (I'm 31 weeks pregnant) I've been sick all the way through and its a boy this time.

To add to the controversy.....I've got a Linea Nigra with this pregnancy (the dark line of hair running down from bellybutton) but I never had one with my girl.....so I wonder if that can give clues to gender??

Hayley xx
It's a old wives tale. I am just over 7 months preg with my third, a boy. My first 2 were girls. My first pregnancy I had hardcore morning sickness for 5 months, my second next to nothing and this time I STILL have morning sickness.
Puked my insides out w/ a girl, virtually none w / my current little boy!
I had horrible morning sickness when i was pregnant with my son, up until i was about four months along. i thought for sure i was having a girl! i did have a Linea Nigra with my son though, so maybe THATS an indicator of what you might be having...who knows! :)
I had no nausea/morning sickness with my first 2 and they were boys. This time around (7 weeks), I am not getting sick but have the sensation of it along with really bad nausea - might be the sign of a girl in me..Will not know until 4 more months.
my mom never had morning sickness. didnt get sick or anything during her pegnancy with me. i was a twin tho. but she wasnt sick and had a girl
I had no morning sickness with my dd. and my best friends was extremly sick with her son...just by looking at these post (which are all different) i dont think gender has anythig to do with it. on the other hand tho...if you had ms with 3 girls and now are pg with NO  ms maybe it is a boy. maybe thats just how YOUR body is...
I have 2 little boys (ages 2 1/2 & 3 1/2)...I had NO morning sickness whatsoever throughout the first trimester with either of them. But I started getting sick day and night tot eh point where I would throw up without even feeling nauseous. My morning sickness started in the 4th month and lasted til I was about 8 1/2 months w/ both. (I was told that morning sickness generally lasts thru the first trimester & then lets up...But that was SO NOT true)...I am 5 months pregnant w/ my 3rd baby. I have yet to find out the sex, but I was sick the whole first trimester, non-stop. Then it disappeared as soon as I was out of the first trimester. I have seen many things pointing to morning sickness and gender. I really don't think any of the "stories" are true...Jus' individual experiences...Which vary from person to person & pregnancy to pregnancy.
I think it just varies on each pregnancy,

1st- Night time morning sickness-not all that bad Girl

2nd- lost 17lbs had IV's Boy

3rd- PICC Line Boy

4th-Terribly sick PICC again...Girl
I have a six year old daughter who i was sick with the whole 9 mths its was awful im almost seven weeks pregnant now, and ive only been slighty nausated. So im hoping that this is goin be a boucing baby boy!!!!!!! That would be great.
Aww...this post made me smile...thinking back when I didn't know but wanted a boy so bad. I got my boy!
I was just thinking the same thing. Funny when these old posts pop up. I keep seeing ones from 2003. Fun stuff.
i was throwing up non stop with my first that is a girl. this time, i am very sick too and i dont know what i am having yet. four of my friends had boys and none of them got sick. one didnt even know shes pregnant until the sixth month.
I didn't look at the date at first.   I was like "what?? she didn't tell me."
LOL...yeah, I saw it this morning and it made me think for a second, too!
LOL
oh my God, i just noticed how old this post is .loooooooooool
What kind of friend was I? I never even answered! lol I had ms though!
Yeah, thanks a lot Jess! LOL...
Hey...I do what I can! lol
Hey you had your baby!!!!  SO did i!!!!  Congrats!
eventho it's a wife's tale it's still fun!

I was sicker than a homeless dog! and carrying a precious little girl.....

with my first one (m/c at 12 weeks) was sick too and we are almost sure it was a girl too.... (wanna think it's the same soul that came back to me ='))
Thanks, you too (: He's 5 months old tomorrow!

I read many comments and i got to this conclusion, in every pregnancy it c ould be that if your symptoms are the opposite from the last pregnancy (IF not influenced by any medication or something else) it cold be the opposite sex you are having. I also noticed that there is a greatter number of women that do not get morning sickness when having a boy. But those that do have morning sickness and have a boy, in posterior pregnancies with morning sickness could end up with a girl.
By the way. I was very sick and bloated with my first, a girl. Im  6 weeks pregnant now and havent had any nausea, and not getting so much weight. Just tender breasts and some sensitivity on the gums.
loads of morning sickness - boy
I didnt have any morning sickness with my daughter and i have had tons of morning sickness with the baby i am carrying now, although i dont know what i am having yet..
lol, i carried high with my daughter....everyone told me i was having a by...i had a little girl....i think its just different for everyone...
I just read a post on a doctors site that says if you have morning sickness you are 50% more likely to have a girl.
I have 3 boys right now
My first one= I had morning sickness but I'm guessing that's because it was my first pregnancy something my body was not use to.
My second one= no morning sickness
My third one= no morning sickness
This one= I have had morning sickness so bad I thought I had the flu! lol
Amie
I personally think MS with boys is way worse.  I hypothesize due to their hormones are different from ours.  My girl preg was walk in park - did not think I was even preggers
my first pregnacy i had morning sickness but just a little bit and i had a boy. im pregnant again but this time around its worst than ever. every morning im sick but its not just the morning its an all day thing i feel sick all the time. when i eat, when i wake up, when i watch tv, when i cook, everything i do i wanna vomit. i think im having a girl only because this is different than before.
For my first child, I was severly sick the entire time of my pregnancy. I actually lost 17 pounds in my first trimester. - A BOY

My second child, morning sickness alot but not as bad as the first - A BOY

Now I am pregnant for my 3rd and the morning sickness hasn't started yet other than just feeling nauseated once. =hoping a Girl!

good luck everyone
I am six week and not a lot of morning sickness although with my girl I was sick as a dog.  Maybe this is a boy, doesn't really matter.  But maybe I will get a bouncing boy.
I had morning sickness really bad and I had a healthy baby boy he is going on 4 and he is a wonderfull little guy
i had no MS with my first preg ( 15yrs old/a boy) except when i ate garlic. lol.
now with this pregnancy i will be 6 wks in a few days. definitely now know the joys of morning sickness, especially when around fried foods!
no vomiting, but i definitely feel slightly naseated throughout the day.

i was also thinking it might make a difference if the father of my first baby (first husband) is different than the father (fiancee) of my current pregnancy? possible, right?

I also wonder if it will be a girl - everyone in my fam keeps saying that's likely what it's going to be. i will be happy either way, though :)
1st pregnancy — no MS at all: boy
2nd pregnancy — just a little during first 3 months: boy

Now I am 5 week pregnant and just a little nauseous or none — is it a boy again? I am dying to have a little girl tho.... but because of my almost-no-symptom I am not going to be hopeful.... but still can't help dream of having a little precious girl so that my void in my heart will be filled. Wish me good luck!
With my 1st daughter (Sick morning noon and night). Terrible pregnacy didnt know anyone who go as sick as I did (at that time)

With my 2nd daughter very little sickness at all (just nausea from month 2-3 then never again!) It was a great pregnacy excect for the back pain which turned into back labor ouchh!

After that i had a m/c at 6 weeks with no sickness at all.

I am now 6 weeks pregnant with morning sickness thats getting worse everyday I even almost passed out in a department store the other day (how embarrassing that was) people thought I was a diabetic!
I do not believe that morning sickness can determine the gendar (at least I'm hoping because this time I want a boy so bad!) With my experience all pregnacys are different and none of the old wives tales are accurate, just coincidence. I have checked them all and some apply to when I was pregnant with my girls and some do not. About half are true and some of the boy ones were true with my girls! Oh and I had the dark line on my belly with both pregnacys but mysister in law didnt and she had 2 girls also!
I have 3 boys and had no morning sickness I felt great! I am 14 wks pregnant and I have thrown up every day until today. We are hoping for a girl as well, although we will love a boy just the same. Just interesting to see if the differences in pregnancies mean anything.  
i had terrible morning sickness all through the day in all my previous pregnancy's, with my 2 boys from about 6 weeks until i was about 16 then again in my 3rd but unfortunately this ended in a missed miscarriage. i am now nearly 15 weeks and this time around i have had none whatsoever and am thinking that its a girl because of how different it has been! cannot wait to find out on the 28th may!
I was sick all day every day with my first boy. It was so bad the doctors thought they were going to have to place me in the hospital and hook me up to an IV for hydration. I am pregnant again and i have only been sick a few times...even though the nausea is horrible.
i was sick for 7months with my son,,,i dont really think the way u feel determines d sex of ur child,safe delivery
I'm a mother of two beautiful boys. My first two pregnancies were very similar, same brief amount of morning sickness, same food cravings during both pregnancies..... This time, i'm 17 weeks pregnant with our 3rd, and i've been sick from the first day up 'till now,  and mostly at night. My face become pimply, and dull looking... Baby started moving very early at around 13weeks, hair on my legs stoped growing as much, and i carry low and "pointy" instead of high and all out front like in my last two pregnancies....I hate(and hated sweets with first 2 preg.) sweets on regular bases,- and now i seem to show interest in ice cream, candies..
Also, i started eating alot of apples, sweet peppers, brocolli, califlower..e.t.c. and it's so weird because i don't like those foods...
We're hoping and praying for a GIRL this time, and my husband tells me he feels it is a girl, because we absolutely cannot pick a name for a boy... just one name comes up, and it's a girl's name.... I trust my husband as he was right with our first two boys... I'm going to see a doctor in 2 weeks,- hopefully my boys(who by the way really want a girl) and US will get what we've prayed for from the firtst day this baby was concieved:):):)
With my son, i had barely any morning sickness

im now 7wks pregnant and have the WORST morning sickness ever. Way differant then with my son. So maybe it will be a girl (would be so freaking HAPPY!!!) but i guess we will have to wait and see.
Was SOOO sick with both my girls...very little with my son
Im 25 weeks and im only 18.. im rele worried bout everything.. ive been told tht im havin a girl but ive had no morning sickness.. could the hospital be wrong? Am i havin a boy? X This may sound silly but if im 25 weeks how many weeks do i have left? xx
My first child - barely any ms but felt nausated at times, tired alot BOY
My 2nd child - sick quite often girl
My 3rd  child - Hypernemesis - sick throughout the whole pregnancy, ended up in hospital for a week at 8 weeks pregnant because of dehydration.
my 4th child - I'm 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant, I do feel nausated and sick certain times of the day,I feel so tired  all the time and i will not be able to find out until i'm 18 weeks......
I will let you know if it's a boy/girl when i find out <3
You're considered full term at 37 weeks, but that doesn't mean that's when you'll give birth. Going off of a 40 week gestation you have 15 weeks left. And symptoms don't mean anything. My sister is having a girl and she's had none. I'm also having a girl and have been sick since the very beginning. It's just how your body reacts to the hormones.
i am 7wks 2days pregnant, an unlike  when i was pregnant wit my son i have very little sickness..with my son i was sick from the time i got up til i went 2 bed until i was about 5months along.. so i really dont think the whole sickness an gender thing is right...
I'm 11 weeks pregnant. I just got over the nausea about a week ago. Never threw up , but smells and certain food were bothering me. I'm addicted to fruits and salads and salt!!!! I wonder what the gender of the baby is...any ideas?
I am about 7 weeks pregnant and feel sick all day every day but im not actually throwing up. But i have a son who is 21 months old and i never felt sick once so mayb this time i will be having a girl?
I had morning sickness with both of my pregnancy's and they were both boys and now im pregnant again and i'm not sure what this one is yet im 11 weeks
sister had really bad morning sickness and having a boy
well i have 4 girls and had morning sickness with all of them and with this pregnancy the sickness was so much worse and i'm actually having my lil boy. so i really don't know what it means ha ha
according to some old wives tale, an extreme nausea and vomiting means your having a baby girl. In most cases, it's accurate, but there are also few other cases where mothers give birth to male despite having extreme nausea. Probably it's just case to case basis.
If you're having problems with morning sickness, I have compiled a long list of remedies that could surely offer some relief at >>>morningsicknessfix.com<<<
boy - very little sickness never threw up
boy - very little sickness threw up 1 time
m/c - not sick
m/c - not sick
girl - very sick threw up 7 months
boy - hypernemisis entire 9 months
girl -very sick threw up 8 months
m/c - not sick
currently 8 weeks pregnant.  Sick on and off but haven't thrown up yet, probably because I am eating zofran like candy!!!  I want another girl, but am thinking its a boy from lack of vomit!!! Happy either way!!!
I am six weeks with my first and i have barely any morning sickness; some nausea if i smell food i don't like but other than that i am good :) hoping for a girl, but i have a feeling it may be a boy :) Either way i will be happy for a healthy baby :)
I have two girls, the 1st I had morning sickness if I ate dinner foods at breakfast time. With my 2nd I had real bad heart burn. I am 8 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and this time around I'm sick all the time and tired. I really want a boy but I'll love a girl just the same.
With my first pregnancy i had morning sicknes fo the first 5months,bt with baby no.2 juz a few times,although the heartburn,headaces,lot of eating and laziness is experience in this pregnancy,i also hope its a boy this time,i already hav a girl,bt wudnt mind one more.
This is my 1st pregnancy as well. and i have been sick the first trimester like nobodys bussiness. My sister is also pregnant 27 weeks and had no sickness untill now and she is having a boy. She eats alot i dont. and i am 160% sure i am having a girl!! i dont know the sex yet and i am 21 weeks!!! So it almost sound like you having a boy!!! i keep my fingers crossed. But like you said either way its your child and its a blessing no matter what the sex!!!

Good luck!!!

Renee
im pregnant with a boy 15 weeks and still very sick and cant eat meat at all i dont think it really matters
I am pregnant with my 3rd child about 5 or 6 weeks. I already have 2 amazing daughters. I always saw my life with the 2 girls first and the boy 3rd. I honestly can not stop thinking about having a lil boy.I know I should just pray for a healthy baby but I really just need one son. I have no morning sickness. Which with the both of the little girls I had morning sickness. So I hope for a healthy boy :)
I was sick with my daughter BUT NOT AS SICK AS I AM WITH MY SON..................morning sickness was over between 12 and 14 months with my girl, but I'm almost 5 months now, with my son, and I'm STILL SICK.  Testosterone must not agree with me.  Man, has my face been a mess.  Pimples galore.
I was smiling when i read your comment, cos i do hopes the same way too...

I am expecting now at 8 weeks, I have two daughters in which i remember that i have morning sickness at earlier first trimester.  In between two i had m/c (really sad it happen to me).  Then I have the second daughter.  This 3rd one, found that not much morning sickness so far and have tried on wedding ring dangling on top of my belly thou it still small...and its show boy...I really wanted for a boy this time and had prayed for it.  However, though, a girl still a blessing to me too. Maybe there is a reason what God give us.  I prayed so that the baby can put through the pregnancy...
1=hardley any morning sickness =BOY
2=hardley any morning sickness =BOY
3=hardley any morning sickness =BOY

and now number 4 on the way -only 4 weeks pregnate and feel like i could be sick most of the day,every day- but haven`t as yet.
SO FINGERS CROSSED IT`S A GIRL!!
I am in my 6th week with baby #4.  It has been over 6 years since I was pregnant last.  I am experiencing no morning sickness and sooooo hungry!  A little tired and cranky but feeling pretty good.  Hoping for a boy this time.  I was not sick with my son (16 yrs old now).  My girls (6 and 8 yrs old)  I had a lot more nausea.  I want to eat meat and cheese all of the time just like with my son.  Keeping my fingers crossed for that boy!
I am prego with my 4th. My 1st 2 were boys with little to no morning sickness and my 3rd was a girl with lots of sickness. I have been very sick with this one as well. I am hoping for another girl and since I've been sick so much I am hopeful it may be a girl. The chinese conception chart says it's a boy tho. How has that chart been as far as accuracy? Has anyone tried it before?
I have a 5 year old son and a daughter that will be 3 next month had NOOO morning sickness at all perfect pregnancies at the end I was big and tired that was it. I am now on baby # 3 - 6 weeks prego and I am so sick all day I am not throwing up but I feel like I want to all day and have to work. =(
im pregnant right now, only 9 weeks & 4 days into my pregnancy i haven't had any morning sickness yet . I don't no whether it's a boy or girl What do yous all think ? cause i wouldn't have a clue.
i have two boys and i had no morning sickness with my oldest. very mild with my second am only 7 wk 3 dys and its been horrible and its all day no morning just all day long. and so exhausted and tired its just horrible. I hope it goes away after 12 weeks because i dont want to feel so horrible. I love being preggers but this one I cant wait till all the bad feeling goes away. from the vomiting to the nausea and the constipation and now the diarrhea its one thing after another. am ready for (her, I hope) to be nice to her mommy.\
I found out about my pregnancy 4 days prior to missing my period because I just felt so miserable. I am a flight attendant and i was just BLAAAA!! and my co-worker was like your pregnant and since we had started trying mid July. well.... Wala.....
hope it helps for all of you out there. As well as I. I can only sit and wait. lol
I threw up every single day and lost 18lbs and it was a boy! So you def get sick with boys too.
My mom had no sickness with all us girls 4 of us, ad my sister has a boy n a girl n had no ms with either but I've had plenty with mine n don't know the sex
I am about 7.5 weeks pregnant and i have been nauseas from about my 5 week, on the verge of vomiting all the time. I am 35 yrs old and this will be my first child. I REALLY REALLY hope i am not going to have morning sickness for much longer, as i cant concentrate at work, cant handle most smells, dont enjoy food anymore, and been taking nasuea homoepathic tablets, drinking ginger, trying EVERYTHING, and nothing helps. I dont mind if it's a boy or a girl, just as long as it's a healthy baby.
I have been SO MISERABLY SICK since 6wks. I am 8 weeks now, and I found relief in the form of UNISOM. THE DOXYLAMINE ONE. I read it was safe to take. Does anyone else have any experience with this? I skipped it two days ago, because I didn't want to take anything prego, but I couldn't even hold down water. I Just want to make sure I am not doing any harm, it is just so hard to deal with the morning sickness. It can break my spirit pretty bad.
yeahh! i had no morning sickness at all threw the last 31 weeks and i just found out today i am having a boy. cant wait to see my baby :)
When was pregnant with my son I got sick twice the whole time after that I was fine with no morning sickness at all. But, being pregnant the second time I am getting sick on daily basis and my stomach is very sensitive to certain smells.
I am 11 weeks and i have been sick at first i thought i had a flu.My sickness starts towards evening and night am so pick with food i threw up like crazy i cant explain. with my son i didnt even feel i was pregnant unless i touched it!!
1st pregnancy I had no morning sickness, had a boy
2nd pregnancy I had no morning sickness, had a girl
3rd pregnancy, I am only 5 weeks, and I am so sick I cant even get off the lounge. Any clues what this means? Maybe twins????
this is my third pregnancy and i'm carrying differnt i had two boys and showed in the front this time i'm showing all around can this mean a girl also i had dizzy spells with the boys i only had morning sickness and stomach aches with this one. we would love to have a girl but will be happy with another boy as long as it  is healthy. i'm now 16 weeks and find out in 3 weeks
Oh my goodness this topic is ancient but so interesting! Thanks to everyone for their info. It took me an hour to read it!!  Maybe someone can collect all the data and do a study on if it really does determine the baby's gender lol. With my daughter I was considerably ms up to about 16 weeks. This is my second pregnancy and I feel even worse than I did with my first pregnancy. Not sure if that means another girl or not. It does seem though from info posted here that ms often means a girl.  i'll let you know when I find out. My mom had 3 of us, two girls and a boy and no ms for any of her pregnancies.    
I too have had no morning sickness (12 weeks along and my first) but I am hoping for a girl. This topic is very interesting and fun to read all the posts. We are not going to find out the sex so I will have plenty of time to wonder. I realized the other day that if we do have a boy it will be the only way for my husbands family name to be passed down There are no other boys in the family. This is making the idea of boy vs. girl a little bit more tolerable : )
Its different for everyone. I think it all reflects on your own hormone levels prior to pregnancy. I was sick with my son, couldn't stand meat at all. My sister in-law had to be medicated thats how bad her morning sickness was for 9 months...she had a boy, her second pregnancy she was sick first 3 months and was ok for the rest. I'm four months pregnant now and haven't been sick at all...I.m eating everything in sight :S
This is my first pregnancy. I am at 5 weeks now +-. I am very excited but very scared in the same breath. I don't know what to expect.& I am scared of giving birth. Is giving birth as horrible and painfull as the process sounds?
I think its different for each woman, i usually get terrible sick when i get my periods due to the slight rise in testoserone ;1st pregnancy i was really sick from week 4 till 19wks. i had hyperemis G, i had a boy. 2nd baby i wasnt sick at all  [never vomit nor nausea], had a girl. 3rd pregnancy  terribly sick again had a boy. 4th pregnancy never sick again got a girl, so i will say it depends on the woman and her reaction to the growing  baby.
I was extremely sick when I was pregnant with my son but this time I just get occasional nausea. I'm hoping for a girl! Maybe I'm backwards :)
iv had 3 boys and have and no morning sickness thro out eny of my pregnaceys and now pregnant with my 4th im 10 weeks and have had no morning sickness so im gutted cos im thinking its gona be anuther boy and would be nice to have a baby girl.dnt think im ever gona have a girl.x
oh my gosh. I am dying to know if I will have a boy or a girl. It's too early I guess. I am now 14 weeks, and I know I still have to wait other 4 weeks at least to know for sure, that is if the baby cooperates in my next ultrasound.
I would love to have a baby boy, but if it's a girl I will love her as much. As long as it's a healthy baby I will be extremely happy.
my friends was horribly sick her whole pregnancy and she had a boy, idk what im having yet im only 7 weeks, i looked up that heart rate under 140 is a boy, my babys heart beat was 125, i hope i have a boy, lemme know if your heart rate and babys sex didnt add up thank you :)
Totally opposite for me. With my first pregnancy I was very sick with morning sickness up until my third trimester. I had a boy. This time I just get a little nauseous. We're hoping for a girl!!!!!!
With my son I had real bad morin sickness throw put my hole pregnancy an now dis is my second pregnancy an I have not had no morin sickness at all just a little nauseous an iam 8wks I hope dis is a girl
I was absolutely moody,emotional, and sick during BOTH my pregnancies=2 boys...uuugghh..i hated it! All i wanted to eat was meat,cheese,pickles,buff fingers and drink milk. I'm now like 8 weeks prego w/our 3rd and besides being exhausted,i dont even feel pregnant...i crave salad,pasra,fruits ans sweets...so im praying we'll finally get our girl!! cause w/my boys,my head was in the toilet every night:( but they were worth itt..lol... goodluck!
I had no morning sickness my first pregnancy. I had a boy. I thought women who complained of morning sickness were weak or faking it for attention. LOL!
RIght now, I am 8 weeks pregnant and have been sick every day for a week... all day... blah!
my first baby she was a girl and now am pregnancy i wont i boy what should i do
With my first i was sicker then a dog my whole pregnancy.. Boy 2nd i had morning sickness before i got a positive ept, didnt last but a few weeks. another boy. 3rd no morning sickness yet, hoping for a girl but will be happy with watever
Haha its so much fun to read this blog !!! From what i believe is: If u feel heavy on ur left stomach right when u have conceived its a girl and vice versa; which came true with me. I never had any morning sickness though and I have a beautiful girl!!
I'm 15 weeks pregnant with my 5th child....I have all girls....this has been my worst one with nausea....with my first 3 none...my last some...some...but not as much as this....so I think that nausea has nothing to do with it....well for me....I'll find out what I'm having next week..
Well I am the opposite to you, I have 4 sons and with all of them I was very tired and weak and giddy most of the time I was unable to even go out because whenever I would try and go out and walk anywhere I would always becoming very flushed and my face would pulsate then I would see stars shortly after that I would lose my hearing and everything would go black.  I would have to sit down no matter where I was and wait for everything to go back to normal but I never actually lost consciousness. but I did gain alot of weight as I was always eating I loved food with them and had no control. I was pregnant again last year but sadly miscarried at 10 weeks so I never knew the sex of the baby but I was full of energy I was running up and down with my kids and their friends to the park thoughout the summer playing rounders and football with them and was so happy the only thing was that I couldnt stand the smell of food so I believe I lost a little girl. Now I am 11 weeks pregnant and I feel sick all the time I have this nasty non metallic taste in my mouth all the time cant even stand to brush my teeth as the tooth paste make me sick I cant eat anything everything makes me sick even down to the smell of washing powder and washing up liquid which I loved the smell of whist preggers with my boys I even had a craving to eat it and did taste it {washing powder} with my first son ;-o ...so I am wondering if its a little girl I'm carrying but I have ages to wait... so do you know what you're having now? ...hope that you get your little boy  
This really gives me a hope. Im desperate for a boy and I started with PG and Morning sick ness. I had it for my first time too and had a daughter..I was worried that same symptoms both times cause same gender. But your case is a good example to soothe me. I hope I am having a boy.
I have two children and would like a girl, I've been looking and found a document that has some techniques to have female or male, but i dont not if they work or not, some of you already tried? the document is in the site http://babygender.net16.net
I am 7 weeks pregnant with my second. With my first, the pregnancy was a breeze. I had no morning sickness or nausea. Turns out it was a baby girl!!!! This pregnancy is slighty different. I get a little sick in my stomach after eating but I feel like I want to eat all the time. I'm starting to believe it's a baby boy this time around. I am also extremely tired but I have heard that is due to second pregnancy. Hoping for a baby boy! I feel really confident about it. Just hope this sickness doesn't turn into something worse : / Good luck to all you moms to be out there. Hope your wishes come true!
i read all the discussion...very interesting blog....am having two daughters, vth both of them i was having terrible morning sickness, ths tym no ms at all...hope to have a boy
same here i had 2 boys and i was so sick both times...i hear alot of people who had girls say they had no morning sickness at all. so i dont think its the sex of the baby that makes you sick or not
baby 1 boy, just a lil morning sickness but loved food
baby 2 boy, no morning sickness and loved food
baby 3 undetermined 12 wks and sick as hell... nausea all day long since i found out about pregnancy.... this is so brutal.. props to all you mothers who suffered throughout the whole pregnancy.. real inspiration... but ugh.. just want to know if it is a healthy boy and GIRL!! :)
I'm 6 weeks pregnant. The first baby was a boy and didn't have morning sickness at all. But this one I'm always tired and morning sickness is killing me. Don't know but I think its a girl. Good luck mothers
I had a by the first time and had horrible morning sickness that lasted for months. I was losing weight because all i could keep down were crackers...ive never been so sick in my life....im pregnant again and am 7 1/2 weeks have been extremely sick for past 2 days but other than that ive felt great just tired...hope this mean a girl! I dont think its true that alot of morning sickness means a girl but ive heard that both ways that alot means a boy and i had alot and had a boy...my mom says her pregnancies with 3 different girls were easy and she felt great and with my brother it was miserable, alot of sickness, weight gain, swelling, etc...
Hey, I don't mean to discourage you or anything, I hope you have a boy as you are wanting... but my experience has been different. I have a baby girl who is almost a year old now. Will be celebrating her first bday in a few weeks. :) But I had a perfect pregnancy with her, no morning sickness, no nothing! I had a hard time believing I'm pregnant, that is how good it was. Now I'm 12 weeks along with my husband and I's second baby... in those first 3 months I have experienced only 2 hours!! of nausea total and didn't even through up. Just bad headache with it, and went away after 2 hours. So I'm wondering, too if it's another girl since it's so similar to my first pregnancy??? I was surprised that so many ppl experienced the opposite. Who know we might be expecting a boy! :)
I had three pregnancies so far this is my fourth one now...its not true that you only vomit with girls. I had terrible vomitting with boys but truely i was sick all nine months with girl.
At the moment i am five weeks pregnant having no sign of vomitting only sore boobs and slight constipation.
My first pregnancy I had bad hyperemesis from 6 weeks pregnant right up until 15 weeks thankfully it subsised 1 week later I found out I was having a girl.    2nd pregnancy yet again really bad hyperemesis unfortunatly I suffered a M/C at 9 weeks now I'm on my 3rd pregnancy I have bad morning sickness but it only started at 7 weeks but its nothing like I had last 2 pregnancies I am hoping for a boy but just because your morning sickness is different it means nothing morning sickness is caused by lack of protien because baby is taking all your goodness it leaves you feeling sickly hungry however if your not having morning sickness just means the ammount of protien your eating per day is high
I had seven kids. 6 boys and 1 girl. I was sick with everyone of them. Throwing up all the time. Now I'm 9 weeks and 2days pregnant. I feel sick but no throwing up with this one.
I guess it is different with everyone. I had terrible morning sickness with my son- it was so bad that had to get IV's for my dehydration due to vomiting. I don't believe it determines gender. The most accurate way to find out a babys' gender is from the  ultrasound. But good luck to you, I hope you get your baby boy! :-)
I have 4 girls & have not had morning sickness at all with any of my pregnancies.
I had no morning sickness with my first two ( both boys) I'm now 9 weeks pregnant with my third and have had horrible sickness! Hoping for a girl :)
I was so sick with both of my boys, my first son i was 155lbs and i lost 25lbs, with my second i was also sick with him, I'm pregnant now and i do believe I was going to have twins because i was sick all the time a weak and didn't eat much and after the bleeding for two days it was like i was full of energy and not that much sickness going on and I am still pregnant. From what i hear not all pregnancies are the same.
I have 2 boys and was sick for the first 6.5 months with my first one and 5 months with my second....I lost weight both times and never gained by the time I had them....both were healthy and over 8 lbs...I also had really bad heartburn with both....I am now 17 weeks tomorrow with our 3rd child....I have still been sick but not as bad....I can eat anything and not get heartburn!! I am hoping for my little girl to complete our family.....(would love another boy the same but I think every women wants and hopes for a girl...so the no heartburn is the only difference I've had so far.....
Has anyone ever have a tech tell them that its 80% chance you are have a boy or girl...then they go back for and check again and tell you that its girl or boy for sure but then it turn out to be boy or girl when you have your baby.
I had a boy horrible horrible morning sickness first 4 no that after that nothing
I am pregnant with my 3rd pregnancy , first too was girls craved tangfastics and beetroot, I'm only 6 weeks and I started off having a taste for pizza and pork pies with cheese and now I have lost my appetite completly even tho I feel hungry and can't physically eat, also no morning sickness at all just tired and headaches every now again , really hoping for a boy . Could this be a boy . Anyone else had this