Maternal & Child Community
Ovulation after Miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Ovulation after Miscarriage

I recently had an early miscarriage (5 weeks) and my doc told me we could start trying again this cycle, because there was no need for a D&C.  I had been testing with OPKs and I had a few days of false negatives days after the miscarriage due to the left over HCG in my system.  But, then the tests started coming back negative again.  Late last week I started having some ovulation (pain) and per the OPKs I ovulated on Sat.  Is this possible. Is it possible to ovulate 10 days after a miscarriage?
Viewing 1-200 comments:
Similar thing happened to me.  I miscarried and my doc told me go ahead.  I ovulated 14 days after my miscarriage.  It's all very strange to me and DH.  We have talked too much about all this and decided that we would continue to do whatever we wanted as a married couple and enjoy life as long as there is nothing that could harm us.  All the blood work and an vag ultrasound confirmed I was ovulating.  
How do you feel about trying again so soon?
I am axious to try again. I was sad at first; but my doctor has assured me that miscarriages at 5 weeks are very common. Often women do no even know they are pregnant that early, and miscarry naturally.  He consoled me by pointing out that at least now we know are fertile and everything is working as it should be (theoretically).  He also said that you are actually more fertile after a miscarriage; so I feel the next few months are our best chances for being successful.  Now, if I do get pregnant again... I will be a little more guarded and know not to get my hopes up right away.
Thanks for the info about you ovulating in 14 days.  I thought I was seeing what I wanted to on the OPKs or that they were just wrong; I did not even think it was possible to ovulate that soon after m/c.
Thanks :)
Hey girls!!
Looks like everyone here is ovulating
according to the questions...Hormones a flying!!
Hope all ttc...that its your month!!
I had a miscarriage 8-19 and I think I'm pregnant again so anythings possible.  I know women who were m/c one month and pregnant the next and others who have gone for over a year and still aren't pregnant.  Our bodies are so different that I guess the only answer is what your doc and/or OPK's tell you.  I'm glad you're trying and I hope that you get exactly what you want!  Trying is the best part!
I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks and a d&c approx. five weeks ago. Both my husband and I feel that we are ready to begin trying again, however I haven't had my first period after yet.  I hope to get pregnant soon and I wish all of you the best of luck too.
I am in the same boat.  I miscarried a week and a half ago at 5 weeks (no D&C).  It was like a regular period and my levels are at zero.  I should ovulate soon I think.  They didnt tell you guys to wait a month or two?  I really want to try again immediately, but am scared to because if something happens then I might tell myself that I should have listened to the midwife.  Why is there so much inconsistency in what people are told.  Do you think there is increased risk to try again immediately?  I change my mind every other day about this.  My husband is as confused as i am.   -TINA
Personally I would wait and let your body return to its normal state I waited 6 months just for my own self re assurance
I didnt want it to happen again and wouldnt forgive myself if something happened.
But there are women who get pregnat right away and all is fine
Its your choice,
I wish all of you good luck
It all depends on your doctor, how early your m/c was, if you had to have a D&C, past history, etc. With my 3rd m/c, I had to have a D&C and a rubella vaccine right after the surgery, so I had to wait three months. But after my 4th m/c, I underwent all the testing and got pregnant my first cycle after my m/c completed. I went on to have a healthy baby boy.

There may be other factors the doctor is concerned about. Usually, but not always, the major concern is with emotional well being. I had to ask myself: Could I handle losing another baby so soon? When I knew I would be able to handle it and knew that I wasn't just replacing the one I had just lost, I knew it was time.

Take some time, make sure you and dh are ready and double check with your doctor to find out their reason for wanting you to wait. Is there an actual physical concern he has?

Good luck!

Andrea
I have also heard many different stories about when to conceive after a mc. I miscarried about 5 months ago. I never took any precautions and I mc at 10 weeks naturally. So 5 months later and no new pregnancy yet! (sucks) But I think that if you mc early, most Dr's are cool with getting pregnant right away. With D&C's it's different because of the uterine layer having to rebuild (They say). Over all I think it's up to the couple involved. If I'd have gotten pregnant the first month after, I doubt I would have regretted it. I wish you ladies the best.
Hello all. I had a complete natural m/c - no d/c on 08/17/05. Dr said my baby did not grow past 5 wks of gestation (had no idea). When I actually m/c'd I was supposed to be 9 wks pregnant. Bleeding lasted for exactly 7 days. Started getting busy again 08/24/05 and have been doing so ever since. At dr's appt on 09/09/05 dr said everything was fine and could start trying right away to conceive again (in office pg test was neg). I've been chking cm for the last couple of wks and thought I saw the ewcm around 09/14/05.  Was getting busy 09/10, 09/11, then again 09/14, 09/15, 09/16. Do you think I could have actually ovulated or could it have been my imagination. Menstrual has not returned yet, but the stiff feeling I would get in my right leg before my cycle returned about a week ago.  No breast tenderness though.  The stiff feeling in my leg was present in July also prior to me finding out I was pg. I heard all of the stories of getting pg before your mentrual returns after m/c but dr said I probably won't get pg again for about 3 months.  I have 3 children now - 11, 6, & 3.  Was also pg back in '95 that was terminated.  Can someone please send me some advise on my current issue. Both my hubby and I wanted one more baby to make our family complete and this m/c was a real shock to us both.
Ladies, I had a co-worker who had several miscarriages. We worked in a vet clinic and she was bitten. The infection occured overnight and caused a miscarriage in the 1st term. Her Dr. said she could try again the next month. She got pregnant but miscarried again. A year later, she went to a specialist to make sure it didn't happen again. He told her NEVER try before three cycles after your miscarriage! The uterine lining is not likely to have built up enough again before that for a safe pregnancy. Obviously everyone is different, but I would agree to wait at least a couple cycles to make sure everything is back to normal. I have heard that after a couple miscarriages there are more likely to be problems during a successful pregnancy, but I do not know if that is true. Good luck everyone!
First of all, I want to say how much this site has helped my through my miscarrige. It is so comforting to know that I am not alone, and to have the support of all of you here.  I recently experienced my first miscarriage, and despite the disappointment I have both mentally & physically healed and ready to try again. I had dnc 8/17 (blightem ovum, discovered 7th/8th week of pregnancy) started new cycle 30 days later (30 days is my normal cycle) started new cycle (9/16).  TTC this month and usually I ovulate by day 17, today is day 18 and no signs yet (I use opk, & bbt methods).  Is this normal to be delayed in ovulation?  Is is possible to not ovulate this month (I ovulated last month about 2 weeks after dnc).  Thanks for your help, and I wish everyone the best of luck.
I have a question!!  I had an ectopic last December at 6 weeks and a fallopian tube was removed; I waited the appropriate amount of time and we tried again in March.  In June, was pg and heard the heart beat.  All seemed healthy until July 18th; at ten weeks' lost the baby. m/c...waited and started trying this month (sept)...usually normal ovulation (having normal periods) but late this month...(18-19 day) expecting my pd sun october 9th...tried like heck, but I am reading late ovulation leads to m/c..really nervous b/c I can only get pg 6 times out the year b/c one tube!!! I know our bodies work differently...but any words of encouragement??/  Oh and by teh way, found out why both happened (laden V factor---blood clot disorder--highly common and treatable)
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum.  I had a D&C on September 14th, the day before my birthday.  I was 7 1/2 weeks pregnant with a blighted ovum.  There was a gestational sac, yolk sac, but no obvious fetal growth.  I have been telling myself that it is just a chromosome abnormality and not to blame myself. My husband and I used an OPK, charted bbt, and cm.  The miscarriage was only diagnosed with vaginal ultrasound as I NEVER had any bleeding or pain.

It has been roughly 3 weeks since my D&C and I bled for 2 weeks afterwards (thought it would never stop).  My doctor told me that she thought my period was amongst the post-surgical bleeding that lasted 2 weeks but it wasn't as heavy as my normal periods.  I am fairly regular and the after D&C period arrived right on time then. I started another OPK and detected my LH surge at exactly the time we ovulated and conceived in August!!!-- I should have ovulated yesterday then.  My husband and I decided not to wait- so we tried again only 3 weeks after D&C.  I could use some prayers!

Does anyone have any advice for me? I feel so alone- I hope to hear some of your comments and suggestions-- I want this baby so badly and greatly honor the life we have created (to honor our lost baby we named her Annabelle).  Do you think it is safe to conceive so quickly after miscarriage??  Have any of you heard that there is an increased fertility rate after miscarriage??  I am not sure who to believe- though I really do feel that it is alright to try again if your body is ready- I don't think a D&C will affect any future pregnancies and I am emotionally ready to try again.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated- good luck to you all-I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Also, if anyone would like to share their stories or advice with me, you can also contact me at ***@****
Hello Annabelle,
Just wanted to tell you my history.  I had a miscarriage in Feb.2001 (D&C)and another May 2001 (natural miscarriage but said it was to soon to be pregnant again) and then delivered a healthy baby girl June 2003.  The doctor told me that you should never get pregnant before 3-6 months after a miscarrage (miscarriage). I had another miscarriage 9-29.  With this pregnancy I had a different doctor and this doctor told me the same( that I shouldn't try to get pregnant until about my 4th ovulation and said 6 months would be a greater chance of not miscarring again) Just thought you may want to know what I was told.  If you would like to you can email me at amy@big-j.com.

Hope everything works out for you.  Just remember everything works out the way it is supposed to.

Amy  

Heartbeat at 8 wks then 12 wk checkup no heartbeat and baby a little small.  DnC on 8/7 no problems.  If we get preg again this will be my 7th preg.  4 children now and had a m/c between 3rd and 4th.  Waiting until Dec. to start trying again because in July my husband is gone for 5 weeks.  SO, trying to miss those 5 weeks for a due date.  I am worried I will never be able to carry another heathly pregnancy.  Am I being selfish.  I have four healthy children 9/7/4/1.  Are we tempting fate?  Very unsure of everything.
Hello Everyone -

It has been reassuring to find this site and see that I am not alone with this situation. I recently had a miscarriage and this was my first pregnancy.  I am 34 and went off the pill in July after taking it for over a decade. We conceived right away, sometime between 7/27 and 8/14.  We had an ultrasound early in attempts to date the pregnancy more accurately.  On 9/21 at our first ultrasound we saw a normal gestational sac but nothing else. That worried me some but after speaking with my midwife and looking at the dates, we realized I was probably not as far along as we anticipated.  On 9/30 I started spotting - not much but I still called. Midwife felt it was not enough to be concerned with at that time.  It continued over the weekend though so I called on 10/3 and went in for a 2nd ultrasound. Again, only saw the sac. Except this time it was mis-shaped, flat on the top.  Was told to anticipate a M/C and sure enough on 10/5 is started.  It took a LONG TIME - 2 full weeks from 9/30 to 10/14 till I stopped having any bleeding or spotting.

Have any of you heard when it is OK to just have intercourse again? I read in "what to expect when you're expecting" that waiting 6 wks is recommended?  That seems extreme.  We have a follow up appt on 10/25 and I have so many questions. I want to try again right away but know it may be best to wait until I have had AT LEAST two cycles.  That puts us to Dec/Jan.

I realize we are all very different and each pregnancy is different but it is discouraging to hear that so many people are told so many different things.  Part of me wants to try NOW but the more cautious side says wait. But I am impatient, almost 35 and want to get this ball rolling again.  Any thoughts?

Lerae
Hello.  I'm new to posting on the boards.  I also recently had a m/c at 5 weeks.  I'm ok with it, and do take comfort that at least we now know that everything works!  I also can't wait to try again.  My practice recommends waiting at least one cycle.  However, they also said that if I got pregnant it's nothing to worry about.  I'm irrational -- and wanted to start again immediately.  But my husband's talked me into heeding their advice.  If I rush and try again before I do get my next period and this happens again -- I've lost another three months.  So, I'm going to wait out the next cycle and try again in December.

Good luck to all of you and I hope this helps.
Hello

I am new to this site.  Has anyone heard if a miscarriage can cause someone to stop ovulating?  I have one child, and then 3 years ago I had a miscarriage a d&c was not required.  Once I had the go ahead from my doctor to start trying again I have been unsucessful.  I went to a fertility specialist and he discovered I have stopped ovulating.  I still have normal cycles, but just don't ovulate anymore.
Hey everyone. Just wanted to let you all in on my situation, and wonder if anyone would give similar stories, or advice on what to feel. I found out I was preg on 10/1/2005. I was sooooo Happy. My husband and I have a daughter who is actually just turning one today. (( Haliegh (Haley ) )). Then I noticed I had some spotting and I went to the docs and they said I was about 5 weeks along, and That I was miscarring, that we concieved to late in ovulation, and that the baby couldnt attach itself.

Well, I have been going back and forth to the doctors. Getting blood tests to see where my lvls are and so forth. Well, when we found out I was misscarrying my numbers went down to 23, well a week and a half later it ws only 16, then I find out on 10/24 That my numbers are going back up. They think I am already preg again. I go in for a test agin today to see if I am, or if the lab people just messed up. But I asked the doc if there was any need to wait to have intercourse and she said no.. Now look what position im in. What do you all think?? Is this even Possible?
Hi Everyone,
My husband and me have spent 2 hard weeks. It likes a bad dream for us even i have prepared how to cope with this but some how I`m going to collapse. we got our baby for 6 weeks and 5 days, we were living in hope but finnaly baby has gone.
I just came back from hospital undergoing operation.
Doctors advised us that we should wait 3 to 4 normal periods then we can try again but i wanna have try as soon as possible `cause of everybody experiences, longer you wait harder you can get pregnant again.
Now, I`m confusing so much and asking myself what should I do?
Please help us, anyone who haas experience.
Thank you so much.
Wondered if anyone has had a cycle so soon after a miscarriage and D&C. I went in for a regular doctors appt. at 11wks and the doctor said the baby had no heart beat and I miscarried sometime around 6 wks. I had a D&C the same day which was last thrusday Oct.27. I was under alot of stress at work at the time I miscarried. I bled for a day and a half after the D&C then started my cycle that sunday which was Oct.30.  Iam really anxious but really scared also.  I have been told to wait a cycle but if we got pregnant then is would be fine.  If anyone has any answers for me plz help.  U can also email me at ***@****
I am SO glad I found this site. I only wish I would have found you guys 2 weeks ago when I had my miscarriage. We were 10 weeks along but apparently the baby stopped developing at 9 weeks. I started bleeding heavily when we were in Florida (we live in PA) for my husband's grandfather's funeral. It was awful. We spent most of the night at the hospital then flew home where my dr. performed the D&E... similar to a D&C without the cutting. Anyway, the D&E was two weeks ago today and I think I am ovulating today. I called my dr. to see if that was possible and the nurse said it absolutely is possible. The dr. told me to wait at least one cycle before we start trying again which we definitely will but I was so worried it would be several weeks before that first period happened. If I am indeed ovulating today it will only be 2 more weeks before my first period. My husband is telling me not to get too hopeful but how can I not! Just wanted to share that apparently it is possible to ovulate soon after a D&E.

Glad to know I am not alone- Amy Lynn
Hello Everyone,

My name in Sara. I had a miscarriage last week. I had to have a D&C because the babies heart stopped beating at 9 week when I was supose to be ten weeks pregnant. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to go through. It gets a little better everyday but I don't think I'll ever get over this. I was so happy then all of a sudden boom it's all over. The dr. said the baby had a chromosone abnormality and there is nothing wrong with me or my husband but I just keep thinking when I try agian that it will happen agian. He said it happens more than people know and usually go on to have a normal pregnancy but I'm still scared. He said I can start trying after 2 cycles. This sight has helped me so much to here other people getting pregnant after a miscarriage. Good luck everyone!
Hey everyone!
   I want to share my story and see if there are any women out there like me! I found out october 20th that I was pregnant, using a first response pregnanct test. We told all the family! The following tuesdat the 25th I had some brown spotting only when I peed, so I wanted to get it checked out so I went to my dr. She took a urine test and it came back negative. I was devestated becuase I had taken TWO first response tests and even called the customer service line, answered questions to make sure I was in fact pregnant. So my dr then gave me a blood test. This was 24 hours of pure HELL. I got the call the next day that I was in fact pregnant, but my levels were too low for their urine test to show. I had 16 ML of hormones in my blood. Which really put me at like maybe 2 weeks pregnant. So I had to be monitored ever 48 hours to make sure the hormones were multiplying. Wednesday the brown blood continued and went in for the blood test. Thursday I woke up and was bleeding red blood and it was dripping out when I peed. I got the call that morning that my levels were only at 4 ML and I had miscarried. We were devestated and had to tell everyone the bad news. Since most women in my position would never had known they were pregnant, and really my "period" just came 12 days late. How long after would someone like me wait to try to get pregnant again. I cannot use any form of contraception so if it happens I may not be able to stop it. Should I even be concerned since it was SO early? Thanks for any input you may have if you have/have not experienced what I am going through!
I just had amiscarriage yestarday. I was rushed to the emergency room yestarday after i was experiencing heavy bleeding and cramps. i am so scared i feel degraded and do not feel like a woman because i cannot stay pregnant. i was 7 weeks pregnant. please help me. i dont know what to expect!!
I found out i was pregnant on October 21, 2005. i started  spotting on the 30th. i thought it was just really light and everything would be fine. i wasnt really scared until the 31st while working it got suddenly heavier.I was rushed to the emergency room and was there for 2 days.My hcg level was 107 and they told me i was miscarrying at 7 weeks. I was horribly devastated! i had an ultrasound and they found no fetus, which meant through the bleeding it had already passed. i am severely distraught! i was discharched on the 1st of november. i am so sad. iwas looking foward to this pregnancy, i told the whole family!now i have to tell everyone what happened. i am severly distressed. i know what you are going through. i am going through the same thing you are. i am sorry for both of us.
I thought that i would be happy for the rest of my life picturen my  babys face and wondering if it'll be a boy or a girl hoping for twins now im wondering if ill ever be happy again ive been so stressed and now me and my husband have been fighting over every little thing the doctor said i could try in a month for another one seeing how i have every thing for a baby even thow i was 7 weeks thats how happy i was i bought every thing when i found out i think my husband is even more depressed then me it took him awhile to come to it that we where having a baby and then when he came out of shock he wanted to go shopping and now he wants to just throw every thing away he doesnt even care about any thing any more most men dont cry but i woke up in the middle of the night and i heard him crying i no how much he wants a baby he has wanted one sence i could remember and when i told him i was he was so happy and in shock but i lost the baby on novemver 1 was having really hard problems with the pregnacy alot of cramping a week before i lost the baby was in so much pain i ate healthy stopped smoking still not smoking did every thing right i blamed god when it happend i felt so low and angry like why let me go threw that when i no id be a great mom i might try in a couple months i dont no if me and my husband can make it threw it where both mad at the world right now and the money that he had in the bank for the baby i think he spent it all i need help with my loss and help with what to say to my husband so we wont fight he doesnt like to even talk about babies any more but he told are doctor that he wants to try again but why is he pushing me away and not wanting to help me deal with it to i dont no need help asap
Hello Ladies

I had a miscarrige July of 2000 and conceived again two weeks later and I had a healthy son May of 2001.  I had another miscarriage July of 2005 I really dont know when I conceived because my periods werent regular. my doctor told me I was around six weeks pregnant.  Ive been trying since and nothing has happen yet. thanks to you ladies i know there is hope.

so thank you very much
I am 36 years old.I found out 1.5 wk ago I was PG. After much excitement and planing over the last week, after ttc for 1.5 yrs found myself with m/c at 5.5 wks. Home today from the hosp. Very confused and dont know what to think. The shock of finally being PG and now the shock of it all over so quickly. I think even in my sadness that all is not lost and there will be another one. We want to start trying right away. I have already stopped bleeding and cramps are gone. We will be ttc now. Will update. Is that ok? At least we know there is nothing wrong with us.. I hope...maybe a bit confused hugh?
hello to everyone. i just had a miscarriage last sun (nov13). going though lots of emotions. want to try again dr said to wait one cycle because i was only 5.5 weeks pregnant. does everyone ovulate mid cycle? i have a 17 month old and realized while ttc her i ovulate immediately after cycle does anyone experience what i do. thanks for your comments. Prayers to all of you for your losses. praying for your immediate healing physically and emotionally
HI there,
I do think that I ovulate the week after af. I am on a 24/25 day cycle.
Hi I am new to your forum - I have a story and I cant get information anywhere else.

I have the very most painful breast pain. Is this mormal for PMS ????

I had a m/c on the 5th of this month and I do believe that I ov bet CD8-CD11. I also had pain in my RS abdomen on CD 6... I had positive opk and fertile CM and also CP was high. We BD on CD 7-8-9. And since CD 10 I have the most painful soreist BBS I have ever had, like cramping and shooting pains, and heaviness.. I am also having to urinate every 2 hours, even when I dont drink. I had pain and cramping in my abdomen-low center, for the week of CD11-CD17. CP is high again and sticky/a little thick. I am on CD19 right now (Nove 23) I dont know If I have really bad PMS since my m/c or what. But, I will add to this I started taking Vitex on CD3 and also b6 and b12, and raspberry tea. Tell me did I ovulate? MY CP was high CD 7-11. It dropped and then went back up on CD 17. I am soooooo confused. And My BBS hurt so bad.... I have never had this kinda pain before, Is this what the cycle is supposed to feel like? I only started keepin track this month, because I wanted to know when to BD... But, I am so confused.
I was 7 and a half weeks pregnant with a blighted ovum in August 2005. I had time for only one cycle and found out I was pregnant again. I got pregnant during ovulation in September. That totally shocked me and was very unexpected.
The fact is that women are extremely fertile after a miscarriage. I too had no D&C. An ultrasound showed that my body took care of it on its own. I am currently 10 weeks and 2 days pregnant other than slight bleeding of which I have been assured was fine after an ultrasound I seem to be doing fine.
I also have two children and the last two pregnancies were miscarriages. *fingers crossed* hoping for the best
Hi all. I feel so sad for everyone (including me!) Why does this happen? It is so nice to hear everyones stories and know that I am not on my own. I had a mc last wk, which I thought I was 6 weeks pg. I started to spot last Mon - only when I went to the loo, this continuded to Tues. At this point I rang the docs and he booked me in for a scan. Aparently  they couldnt see no sac or baby but the test still came out positive?? they was unsure if the baby was in my tubes. Then I started to bleed badly on Fri (I knew then it was over) I called yesterday to check what I need to do and what happened. Didnt give me many answers - just one of those things!

We desperatly want to start again straight away. They suggested trying again after a period. We have spoken to lots of other people which this has happen to and they have started straight away and they have babies now.

We are just leaving it to chance - what is ment to be will be!!
I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!! I started my AF... I got it this morning... Yesterday I had brown tissue and then BAM this morning I woke up and I got my AF. I dont think I have ever been this happy to get my period. Yay!!! So for the record I got my AF just about right on schedule after m/c. So I am going to start charting... Any advise? 28 days after M/C
HEY LADIES IM SORRY TO HEAR ALL OF THE CHANGES EVERYONE HAS BEEN GOING THROUGH ON TRYING TO GET P/G.  WELL IM APPROX 9WEEKS AND I AM WAITING TO GO THROUGH MY MISCARRIAGE.  MY DOCTORS TOLD ME THEY DIDNT HEAR A HEARTBEAT SO THEY ADVISED ME TO GET A 2ND OPINION AND I DID.  AND YEO THERE WAS NO HEARTBEAT...SO THEY TOLD ME I SHOULD M/C ANYWHERE FROM A WEEK TO A MONTH AND YEP IM STILL WAITING. I WENT TO THE DOCTOR ON 11-21-05 TO HEAR THE NEWS.  I TOLD THEM I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER SO IM SCHEDULED TO GO FOR A D&C TOMORROW. LADIES WISH ME LUCK.  BUT I DO HAVE A QUESTION??????AS DO WE ALL....I WANT TO GET PREGNANT SOON AFTER THIS M/C SO HOW CAN I TELL WHEN I OVULATE AND HOW SOON AFTER THE M/C DOES THIS HAPPEN... WISH ME LUCK...AND I WISH U ALL THE SAME
I had a mc at 5 wks about 3 wks ago. After my mc, i heard alot of things about mc and the myths about them. Alot of people at my job and friends and my doctor have ecperienced a mc as their first pregnancy and went on to have successful pregnancies right after. My doctor told me once my levels were down to zero then i was free to start again. My opinion about trying to conceive right after a mc is that you can mc because of stress. if you are still grieving after your mc, then that could lead to another mc. your body is very sensitive. I say that everybody is different and what works for you may not work for me. but it is very common to have a mc and have successful pregnancies right after. I would just say that make sure you are over your mc and taking good care of your body if you want to conceive right away

And just to let you know, a friend of mine had an abortion and got pregnant right after the abortion. one day she was bleeding very heavy and was in a lot of pain. she went to the emergency room and they told her she was having a mc and gave her some pills to take and sent her home. A few months later she went back to the doctor bc she was having bad abdominal pains and the doctor told her she was 6 months pregnant and it was a girl!! I said this to say anything is possible

Good luck to everyone!!!!
I found out we were PG last week.  Had 7 EPT's all came out positive.  Went to the doctor and urine test came back negative.  Doctor decided to do a blood and after an agonizing wait (all weekend) she called to say I was pregnant but my hormone levels were very low.  Went to get another blood test on Monday and started bleeding while with my doctor.  She performed a sonogram and found nothing.  Apparently I was in the process of miscarrying.  Next blood test showed hormones even lower than the second test.  I am just so sad.  We had told everyone and were very happy after the initial shock (baby was not planned..but definitely welcome).  Now just a week later we are devastated.  We already had names for the baby and were ecstatic.  Our doctor said we can try right away.  So please wish us luck!
Lunastella70, I found out I was pregnant on 12/6/05 and m/c on 12/15/05. My husband and I were very excited and told everyone the day after taking the home test. When I went to my OBGYN I mentioned that I had a small amount of blood in my urine. He immediatly started talking to me about miscarriage. After two HCG test, it confirmed I was self aborting/miscarriage. I stared bleeding/miscarriaged on 12/15/05 and feel like it is my period. Would I consider this the first day of my period? We plan on trying immediatly too. I wish you luck.
I found out I was pregnant at the end of February. I miscarried at 11 weeks, only 7 week development of fetus.  I did not have a D&C and opted to pass the baby at home and did. It was devastating. I too am very nervous/anxious to get pregnant again. I will be 36 next month. I have a 1 yr old daughter also that I adore.  I had a cycle last month and now am up to 30 days and think I may be pregnant again but nervous to get a test done. i did a test last week before i was late and it was negative, but now my cycle is 3 days late.  Can a cycle be different every month now after a m/c? I am usually very regular, 28 days. last month i was 27 days and now its 30 days and no cycle.
can't hurt to go buy some HPT and see :)  it will ease your mind.  if you are pregnant and a day late it will probably show up on a HPT.
I notice a lot of different stories coming from different Dr's. I just had a m/c last week (started spotting Juy 29th, found out I was m/c on the 31st, passed everything on August 1st, and was through bleeding by August 5th). Thankfully, the process went very fast for me. I was somewhere between 4-6 weeks (we weren't sure how far, because ovulation was later and hcg levels were off).

Anyway. My Dr told me today that it was more than fine for us to start trying immediately. So hopefully, my husband and I will conceive again by the end of this month. And to give everyone out there hope. My Dr pretty much confirmed the fact that my husband and I have had a miscarriage before also (didn't know it until we went through this one. Only reason we know, is because I passed the same kind of 'tissue'). We got pregnant immediately with my last child.

So for all those out there wanting to try. Keep up the faith. I know everyone is different, but it does happen, and things turn out just fine....My 9 month old is more than proof of that!!
ooo, i just miscarried the same day as you.  we are hoping to start trying as soon as possible.  ours was natural and not the d & e.  I finished bleeding on the 5th as well.  I am hoping to bd every other day from this point on to cover our bases but it never happens that way. :(  keeping my legs uncrossed for this one!!!  :)  good luck to you!!  
I had stopped bc August 06 and have been trying to conceive ever since. I found out I was pregnant Aug 8 and had an HCG test same day. My results were low, 26, so the doc wanted to re-test in a week. Unfortunately, I did not make it for the re-test as I started spotting Saturday afternoon, then bleeding Sunday morning. I determined that I had a spontaneous abortion (m/c) and am still working through the initial emotions. It's difficult because we have many friends who are newly pregnant and I feel like isolating myself because it's difficult being around new babies and pregnant women/. I am very happy for them and wish them all the health and blessings in the world, but feel selfish at the same time because I want that as well.

This site is helping me though by giving me hope that it can and will happen.
I have two children, My youngest child is two. My husband and I decided that I would get my tubes tied last year and I did. On july 22, 2007 I got a + pregnancy test and went to the doctor about 4 days later. I was pregnant but the ultrasound showed no signs of pregnancy anywhere. My husband was very excited but I would not allow myself to develop strong feelings either way b/c of the possibility of a tubal pregnancy. I later found out that it was a tubal pregnancy but my body got rid of on its own. My husband and I now want another baby b/c the circumstances surrounding the decision to get the tubal ligation have changed. We were fine with not having anymore until all of this happened. Now I am wandering if I can get pregnant without having a tubal reversal. I have an appointment with my doctor on Friday b/c we are still monitoring my HCG levels to make sure that they return to zero. If there is anyone with a similar story please reply.
I HAD A M/C ON 07/23/07 AND AS OF TODAY 08/29/07, I HAVE NOT HAD MY PERIOD.  COULD I BE PREGNANT OR IS SOMETHING WRONG?
i am sorry for your loss...i had a m/c on 07/31 and i think i have my period now...i would test or maybe call your dr.  that is longer than 35 days and your dr might want to jump start your cycle unless you are already prego again.  
i TOOK A PREGNANCY TEST YESTERDAY AND IT SHOWED UP NEG.  DO YOU THINK I COULD STILL BE PREGO
I took a prenancy test early during my second pregnancy as I felt pregnant, dizziness, vomiting and my water intake increased. It came back neagative. The sypmtoms did not go away. I then took another test about 10 days later and it came back positive. I new I was pregnant as it was the same symptoms as the first time but my test was taken to early. I was three weeks along when it came back positive.

My question is can your bleeding go from a D&C bleed into ovulation? How long does the bleeding last after D&C?
My husband and I went in for our first ultrasound when I was at 10 weeks 5 days.  To our dismay, we could see and the technican confirmed that there was no heartbeat.  I couldn't believe this was happening and what he was telling us. I am 40 years old and this was a first pregnancy for both of us. On top of this devestating news, we could see that there were twins. (They were adorable)  Our hearts desires were to have twins and then to learn of that was doubly heartbreaking.  I had actually gone to the Dr. to see if they would allow us fertility medicine to try for twins but of course, as it is considered a high risk pregnancy, they do not intently put you in this condition. As the Dr. was not in that day, we had to schedule another Dr. visit when she would be back and go through another ultrasound, etc.....  Needless to say, the whole process was dragged out and just devestating. They had actually grown to be 10 weeks so they had died within 4 or 5 days of our first ultrasound visit. I opted to have a D&C as oppoed to waiting for my body to react natually as it could still take weeks for my body to figure out what was going on. I was told that especially with twins there would be more bleeding and cramping(gestational sac was larger and I was already showing) and I just wanted to take this next step so we could begin the grieving process and move on with our lives to try again. I just had a D & C on August 23rd and the bleeding was extremely minimumal for me.  I had a small blood flow for about 5 days and then just occasional spotting for the next 4. I too have received mixed advice from Dr.'s as to how long we should wait, etc. after the miscarriage to try again. My primary used to be an OB so she has had years of experience and told me to wait 3 months..... My surgeon who is also an OB and deals with high risk pregnancies told us we did not have to wait.  At this point, there is no reason for us to believe there is a problem. If the body is not ready to get pregnant, he doesn't feel it will get pregnant.  In his opinion, there is no medical risk of us having another miscarriage. If we continue to have miscarriages, then we can do some testing but obviously at this point, it is not a concern. I took a pregnancy test yesterday to determine if the hormone levels have gone back down yet after the D & C but it still showed positive - meaning, after two weeks of surgery, my levels have still not come down to 0 as of yet so I will not ovulate yet.   The Dr. told me that I should expect my first cycle before 6 weeks after my D & C as I should be getting close by now for the levels to taper off. (Obviously it is not gone yet) Something I have found out is that in most cases miscarriages before 12 weeks of pregnancies are due to chromosonal issues. It is nothing that we caused or not even due to our emotional state at the time (stress).  AFter we told everyone the bad news, I could not believe how many people we knew that have come forward and have told me it has happened to them or their wives. It really encouraged me to know that ALL of them went on to have normal pregnancies, even after having two miscarriages. We know that God has this whole situation under control - We still praise Him, thank Him for the experience that we had had up to that point in the pregnancy, and plan to start trying again as soon as possible. Our next pregnancy we are believing Him for a healthy baby. We are not defeated and although I think about the twins everyday(makes my heart so sad) we are thinking positive and looking forward to the future with hopes of a healthy baby next time. I hope you all feel encouraged and if you already have children, then know what a blessing they are.
I just had a miscarrige on 9/08/2007,and we have already started trying again. I feel like its your body do what you want.Good luck to all!!!
2 weeks ago I found out that my baby had died when I went for a scan at 11 weeks.  I was so devistated, and still cry about it every day. It was our first pregnancy and we were so happy. Each day that passes does get a little better though. I too have been told conflicting advice about when I can ttc again. I had a D&C as my body had not recognized that there was anything wrong and I didn't want to wait. One OBGYN said wait 3 cycles, one said wait 1 and another said I don't need to wait at all, just to try whenever I feel ready.  My husband and I both feel ready now and I am experiencing today my usual symptoms that I get when I am about to ovulate. We have therefore decided that we will bd if we naturally feel like it and just see what happens. I don't think my body will allow me to get pregnant If my uterus is not ready to support it. I have read that implantation is difficult to achieve at the best of times, so surely if my lining is at all compramised then the embryo will not implant and I will have my period as normal.  
Reading everyone's stories has helped me a lot and given me more hope for the future.
I think we should all just listen to our bodies and our hearts, after all, until the rise of modern medicine, this is all that millions of women have had to guide them.
My best wishes to all of you. May we all be mothers soon.  
I've had 2 miscarriages so far and also have 2 healthy children. My last miscarriage was not happening and was only spotting a tiny amount and with 2 ultrasounds later to make very sure baby wasn't alive, I opted for medication called Mitoprostal. They are small pills you insert up your vagina. I was terrified to have the D&C. Has anyone else taken this??
I recently had a MC on 11/21 at 16 weeks!  We had a heartbeat at 12 week, but then I started bleeding heavily and rushed to the ER only to "deliver" a 16 week fetus that was only the size of an 8-10 week fetus.  HCG levels were 500, menaing only 2-4 weeks pregnant.  It was devastating.  We have a healthy 3 year old, so it is a little yplifting to know that we are capable of a healthy pg.  Now today is 4 weeks from my MC and mt doctor said I should expect a period at 6 weeks.  Does this mean I'm ovulating now--today?  We desperately want to get pg again.  At first my doctor said three months, then she said as soon as I have one normal cycle.  That hasn't happened yet, but if I am ovualting now, we may hvae just uped our chances!  My body is very very regular normally... 28 days to the hour, ovulating at 14.  Have never had trouble getting pg.  Both times were a first shot deal.  Now I'm wondering if we jsut did it again, but it is so hard to tell with no period yet.  Any advice?
  I m/c on 12/10.  The Dr. gave me the Mitoprostal, however I am 99% certain the m/c was complete a few hours before I even took the pills.  We had to use a early pregnancy clinic so I saw a different Dr. each time.  The first told us to wait one cycle, than said that is only to make sure dates are accurate, so it really didn't matter.  The other did an u/s on my uterus a few days after the m/c, told me that all was clear and we can start TTC whenever we felt like it.
We are TTC already, bleeding stopped and although I have no clue when/if I will ovulate if we concieve (conceive) before my menstral so be it.
  Now I was only 7 weeks when I m/c so my Hcg levels dropped quickly.  For you porcupine801 since you were further along it may have taken longer for your levels to get down again.
   My personal belief if anyone has had a spontanious m/c, Dr.'s say there was no rhyme or reason, and you are emotionally ready to try again (and lose again if it happens) than go for it.  Your body is not going to ovulate if its not ready anyhow.  
HI,
I HAVE HAD ONE MISCARRIAGE AT 11 WKS, A TWIN SAC, WHICH SHOWED A SLOW GROWTH OF THE FOETUS.
THEN WE TRIED AFTER SIX MONTHS, AND AGAIN A M/C AT 7 WEEKS. THIS TIME WE WERE SURE IT WOULD LAST. THE DOCTOR HAS ADVISED NOT TO TRY FOR ATLEAST 3 MONTHS . AND MEANWHILE WE HAVE DECIDED TO START ON MULTIVITAMINS- VIT B1. B6. B12. VIT C 500 MG, VIT E 400MG AND A HELATHY DIET LOW ON CARB, LOW FAT, PLENTY OF MILK, FRUITS,  VEGETABLES AND NON-ANIMAL PROTEINS . MAY BE A DOSE OF IRON TOO TO RESTORE THE LOSS OF IRON FOLLOWING THE M/C.
HOPING TO HAVE A NORMAL PREG. AFTER 3 MONTHS.
Hi, my husband and i have just lost twins. the first one at 7 weeks and the second at 9 weeks (30th Dec 2007). I gave birth to a beautiful healthy boy in feb 2007 but i had pre eclampisia.  The doctor said each preg is different and your chances are not increased with the next preg, but i read on some sight the the chance goes up to 50%.  Has anyone been in a simular situation? I'm not sure what we should do.  We want to have another baby asap, but with having my body go through so much in the past 11 months I'm not sure if we should wait.  We don't want to go through the pain of losing another child.
Hi, I had a mc 4months ago (5 1/2 weeks) and my doc told me we could ttc straight away, I did not have a d&c though.  This month I am pregnant again (5wks 4days) but I have been bleeding since sunday and the doc not sure if mc happening again as the bleeding pattern is different (not as painful or as much). I am going for a scan on tues, realistic but hopeful. My doc has told me they won't look in to the reasons why untill my 3rd mc - V fustrating. Thanks to this site I feel I have had many questions answered - good luck to all of you ttc x
the DNC we suffered through was crushing (everal years ago) and I pledged to learn everything I could to improve our chances.  one thing that was shocking to learn is that many women cannot process folic acid.  it is synthetic and anyone with 677CT may have trouble taking folic acid (about 10% of all women).  I had no idea.  The simple recommendation (especially for thirty-something moms-to-be) is the natural folates (diet) found in l-methylfolate or metafolin.  at least two prenatal vitamins have this: prenate and neevo.  As important as folate can be in preconception, it can also be a reason for miscarriage.  that's one less thing to worry about if you can take the better folate rather than just folic acid.
houston49
I just got the confirmation today of my miscarriage.  It was pretty hard to take in, but I knew since the bleeding had started almost a week ago.  I had a previous m/c scare, two weeks ago.  They had taken blood and found out that everything was okay, the first time.  Then when I started to bleed again I had a feeling, blood work confirmed my gut feeling.  I think though that going through some on the emotions the first time, with waiting for the results, it helped a little.  We were told with the first scare, that some dr.s recommend to wait 3 months, but our dr, said to wait one cycle.  I think as soon as the bleeding quits, we start up right away.  I do have 2 healthy boys, I had some complications with both pregnancies, so I guess it just would be a pregnancy, for me, without complications.  The first was early and the second I hemmoraged, plus I have a bleeding disorder called von willebrand disease.
2/28/08
Hi - I am new to the forum but hope that someone can give me some peace of mind...
I misscarried at ~ 8weeks on Dec. 13th.. I had bleeding for a few days then nothing for 10 days, then bleeding again for 2 days.  I did not have a D&C yet I still had HCG levels of 233 in my system at the end of January.  I have not had a period yet I felt 'strange' so took a test yesterday and it came back positive.....
Could I have ovulated since I havent had a menstral cycle yet?
Or could that test of come back positive because of the remaining levels that we evident at the end of January?
Hi All:
I miscarried while in Florida on vacation...starting bleeding heavily while at Disneyworld.  I have 3 other little girls and although I had never experienced a miscarriage before I knew something was very wrong..Kept a brave face for the kids at Disney..and when i got back to the hotel I researched the internet.  Sure enough I had the textbook symptoms and passed everything.  I've now after 2 weeks I stopped bleeding, and we've already started trying again.  I'm still not back from vacation, and I'll have to let my OB know as she's scheduled me for the usually pregnancy tests/scans etc.  
I have a question...the only thing different about my last 3 pregnancies and this failed pregnancy is that I was on zoloft for this pregnancy for depression.  Is it possible the zoloft caused the miscarriage?  I would appreciate anyone's experience....thanks.
Hi everyone, what a great resource for all of us out there who are experiencing or who have experienced miscarriages before. I am on day 12 of a miscarriage for the first time. I was 13 weeks when i had my fiirst scan to be told that there was no baby ( A Blighted Ovum) I have since found out. I was obviously upset but for the previous two weeks i had felt that something was not right since my doctor could not detect a featal heart beat at 10 weeks. I had a blood test that showed still high pregnancy hormone levels so my doctor told me to wait a few days to see if the hormone levels would drop before having a D & C just to rule out that i was not 5 weeks pregnant. The next day i started to spot bleed which i was pleased about because that meant that i could  naturally miscarriage. Its been 12 days now and i feel happy that I have come across this site because i wanted to have an idea of when i am likely to ovulate again. My husband an I have 1 healthy 2 and 1/2 year old boy so waiting out a cylcle is not an option for me as i dont want the age gap to be any bigger if I can help it. Again lucky for coming aross this site I am relieved that its possible to become preganant without waiting for a first period. We are now attempting to get pregnant again and since i have read here its likely to happen around two weeks after we decided to go with trying every second day . Lets hope it happens! I wish everyone good luck and say If you think you want to try again straight after go with what feels right to you. I think whether you wait or not you will have some nerves regardless after what you have been through. Thanks RENJAM

Hi I miscarried 4weeks ago. I had been trying for 3yrs and on high dose of clomid and use opk.  I had an appt to see a fertility dr when i found out i was pregnant. I miscarried at 5-6wks so was very upset. I felt so lonely and empty even tho i couldn't feel it. I want to try straight away and have made another appointment to the dr. I am nearly 40 so feel my time is nearly running out. Any advice?

Katie  
Last month I had my first ultrasound for a pregnancy that was supposed to be at around 9 weeks.  The ultrasound technician said no, I was only 6 weeks 1 day.  I had been having pinkish discharge for the last 7 days, so I was concerned.  He said if it continued or got worse, to go to ER.  The next day, the pinkish discharge turned RED, bright red.  I went to the ER.  The doc on call said the ultrasound showed a normal 6 week pregnancy, but I told him it was impossible becase 4 1/2 weeks prior to that, I had a + blood test with an HCG level of 720 (a 5 week pregnancy).  That's when he got concerned and told me that he was 99.9% sure I had a "missed miscarriage".  After a physical examination, I got home and bled heavily, like a period.  I knew I'd lost my baby.  He told me to wait about 2 or 3 cycles before trying again.  I had another nurse tell me I should wait until my HCG level dropped down to zero, then wait one period before trying again.  

Luckily, my HCG seems to be dropping rapidly and I'm hoping to start trying again in a few weeks.  If it were up to me, I'd start trying right now, but I want to make sure my body has cleaned itself out and repaired itself so that the next pregnancy has a good chance.  I feel that I am ready to try again after 1 cycle, I don't think I need to wait 3 cycles.  I bled for 12 days, with a few days of spotting afterward.  I had a normal miscarriage, no D&C.  Doctors are well-informed, but they're not always right.  

Ladies, you know your bodies better than anyone else.  If I had gone home that night at the ER thinking my pregnancy was normal just because the doc said it was, I would have been more hurt, but I KNEW something was wrong with all the pink discharge.  The nurse at the ER said that the triage nurses in OB will send people to the ER for a nosebleed (basically implying that I was exaggerating for having gone to the ER), and that I was wrong that I was 9 weeks along because the ultrasound techs were right and it was not impossible for me to only be 6 weeks.  I know my body, I know that something wasn't right no matter what they said.  So, look deep within yourself and if you had an early miscarriage, no major health complications, ask yourself if you really think doctors are ALWAYS right.  I know I don't.
i was 19 wks 5 days pregnant when i miscarried last tuesday on 8th april 2008. me and my partner would like to get pregnant asap and as my bleeding has now stopped we feel we could start trying as of now as no doctors have told us otherwise. any comments?? xx
I just had my first mc at 11 weeks on Monday 4/21/08.  I was having twins and this was my first pregnancy.  I was told I could never have children so this was the best blessing that I had ever been given.  I had 3 ultra sounds after bleeding more then my OB liked and all was fine every time.  Then one night I woke up in the worst pain of my life.  I knew immediatly what was happening.  Needless to say I'm crushed and having a terrible time dealing.  Still in the denial phase, like I'm gonna wake up from this horrible dream.  My Dr. said that carrying a baby, let alone 2 was going to be very difficult for my body but I had just started to believe that all was going to work out after my 10th week.  I had to have a D/C at the hospital and the only thing we can think about is when can we try again.  I've heard so many different things.  My Dr. said that some women ovulate as soon as 2 weeks after and sometimes that's fine but sometimes it's not safe for the new pregnancy.  It all depends on the body.  That's not exactly reassuring to me at all.  I would love some advice on what others have gone through and how they fared with getting pregnant after a miscarriage.
i am in the same boat as you, when i miscarried on the 8th april i felt like my whole world had ended and like you i thought that i would wake up and feel him kicking inside me again. everything is getting better now though as i can now talk about it without getting upset. my doctor has suggested to me to have a stitch put in when i do concieve (conceive) again to  prevent me from premature labour again have you considered asking wether this could help you also? xx
I just miscarried today and my husband and I are just devastated and I can't stop crying. I am so glad I found this site.  Nobody knows just how bad the loss really is unless they have experienced it!  

I was 7 wks pregnant and had a reg and vaginal u/s two days ago...saw the baby and heard the heatbeat so I thought everything was fine.  Came home from the u/s and started bleeding.  Went to the ER and they sent me home said there was nothing they could do...they didn't even check me out.  Very frustrating.  The next day, which is now today I passed some pinkish tissue but had no cramps and not very much bleeding.  It was as if I was on the 4th day of my period.  I am supposed to go to the Dr. tomorrow.  Is it possible to have little bleeding and no cramping with a miscarriage?   Will there be more bleeding in the days to come because it seems like it has stopped.  I know that it was the baby that came out of me and I saved the tissue to take to the Dr.   Will he perform a test on the tissue if this was my first miscarriage?  
I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. I just had a very similar experience. I miscarried on 4/21 at 9 wks -- my 1st one after having 2 healthy kids. I started bleeding, very light, like spotting late in a period, 2 wks prior to the m/c. I also passed what looked like it could be some tissue. I was out of town at the time, and called my doctor to report what had happened. Based on what I described, he said there was nothing we could do but check me when I got home. It was really hard. Meanwhile, I went in for the u/s when I returned ... and no heartbeat. My dr. didn't want to run any tests -- he said miscarriages this early typically are due to chromosomal abnormalities. He also said that he wouldn't test unitl a 3rd m/c. (What a terrible/horrifying thought). Anyway, I was able to avoid a d&c and take medication to "finish" the miscarriage. I'm grateful for that because we can start trying again after I get a period. No uterine lining to rebuild. If that info helps you, the medication is called misoprostol. It's been 2 weeks since the miscarriage ... and I'm finally stopping the spotting, so hopefully all will be back to "normal" soon. I wish you the same. Good luck with everything.
Just thought I would share my experience as have found this site very helpful.  This was my 1st pregnancy ( and indeed a honeymoon conception)!!!

I was 12 weeks into my pregnancy before I started having reddish pink staining.  It was nothing too heavy or really alarming but I just had this feeling all along that something wasn't right.  (What I must say is that weeks before that when I found out I was pregnant I had slight brown discharge and when I phoned the doctor she advised me it was pretty normal at the early stages and was probably some implantation bleeding.
Anyway Last monday when I suspected something wasnt feeling normal, I got my husband to take me up to the Hospital, I explained my concerns and distress and advised me that they couldn't do an ultrasound until the next day.  I couldn't wait that long, and went to another hospital, they have me an emergancy ultrasound and they didn't detect any heartbeat, and they said the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks  (around the time I originally started having the lightish brown discharge.  They confirmed that I had a missed miscarriage, and admitted me in for  d+c the following day.

I was very heartbreaking as you plan for the next 9 months of your pregnancy, and it is all taken away from you.  I am still bleeding lightly but hope to try again soon.  Personally I feel that it was gods way of telling me to take more care of myself, as I had a serious operation 12 years ago and am meant to be on medication for life, i hadn't been taking my pills or getting the injections regulary and I feel that this was to give me a wake up call, on how ill I could have gotten  in the pregnancy. (Although I must stress the doctor did advise that this was not a cause in the miscarriage)  So ladies I am a strong believer in whats meant to be in life.  I want to try in a few months, after my immune system is build up properly using my medication Penicillen.
I just wanted to share my story. DH and i had been trying for a year or so to get pregnant when i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. where my thyroid does not produce enough hormone. after i went on meds for this we tried again for about another year, nothing happend. DH is in the military and was then deployed to iraq for 15 months. right before he got home docs checked my thyroid levels and found that they though i should up the meds just a lil bit as my levels were borderline and they wanted them well i the normal range. well hubby got home march 29 and i had a period on april 8th. although we were "trying" we wernt under a realilistical realization that we would actually be able to "get pregnant" let alone the very first cycle he was back, until i started getting period symtoms (symptoms) ooo early for it to be my period. of course i had fooled myself into thinking i was pregnant before so i decided not to tell him i was having symtoms (symptoms) and to just wait it out until my period. well the date for my period came and i had no period. so the next morning after he went to work i got out a test and it tested POSITIVE! he came home and i finally told him and we were soooooo excited!! we told all the family and everyone was over joyed as this was our first pregnancy and the first grandchild on both sides. well six days later (mothers day) around dinner time i went to use the bathroom and noticed a very light spotting of brown discharge only when i wiped. it was a sunday and i couldnt call the doc office so i decided to wait until morning to call docs. went to doc next morning, they did several blood labs as well as a vag u/s. i was 4 weeks 6 days and they were not able to detect anything. doc said he wasnt sure if this was because it was to early or becuase i was having a miscarriage, and told me there was nothing else they could do. next morning woke up and and discharge slowly thruout the day started to turn pink and then red-er and red-er then smal clots started to come too. i was sooo devestated i went back to the doc and took more labs. the labs from the previous day were also ready. they told me that my hcg levels were dropping and that i was definatly havign a miscarriage. they also told me that my thyroid levels had shot out the other way and that instead of my body not producing enough thyroid hormone(like pre pregnancy)...my body was now producing all the thyroid hormone it needed and that i was over dosing myself on the thyroid meds i was taking. i started crying right then and there, i felt like i had killed my baby if only i had known that my body had done that, that i might have been able to save my baby. this has been one week ago from today and although i miscarried naturally and so far have stopped bleeding and have no need for a d and c. i have started taking less thyroid meds in hope (from the docs) that now that my body is not pregnant anymore that my body will go back to pre pregnant ways and again need the thyroid meds. even though it has been a week i still find it too hard to even talk about without crying, and because of this my doc told me that i should wait at least 6 months. however i dont want to wait six months dh and i both agreed that we want to start again right away.....i hope all works out for the best for us, and for all of you girls outhere who have and who are going thru similar situations. take care and best of luck to allll you girls, ps if anyone for any reason needs to talk about anything feel free to message me thanks! tabby
I never thought this would happen to me...I had a healthy baby girl 3 years ago.  FINALLY, my DH and I decided to start trying for another.  We never had any conception problems with our daughter - pregnant on the first try!  So, I was a little disappointed when this time we didn't get pregnant on the first try, but was elated when it happened the 2nd time!  The only people we told were a very close couple friend and our parents.  In fact, we had just told his mom on Sunday morning 4/20 and by that afternoon it was over - I was 5 1/2 weeks.  I just knew.  Had the tests and everything the next day and blood tests confirmed that I was no longer pregnant the following Wednesday.  I was devestated, but knew that from what my Dr. had told me it was common and everything should be fine.  Well, one month later (actually 5/22) I took a pregnancy test and wowza - it's positive!  I couldn't believe it, because I thought we were being good and avoiding the fertile time.  Anyway, I called the Dr. and said I needed a blood test - they confirmed it is a new pregancy and not just "left over hormones" from my last pregancy.  I have tried to find information to see if this is safe to be pregant so soon because my Dr. told me to wait at least one cycle.  The only thing that I can find says that it is not physically or physiolocially harmful, it is more for emotional reasons that they suggest you wait to conceive again.  I have an appointment to see her next week.  Suggested an appointment to be on the safe side.  Hope that everything goes ok this time...don't want to go through another miscarriage and I don't wish that on my worst enemy!!
I had a d&c april 4th and finally had a period May 15th.  My doctor said that once I had a normal period it was perfectly alright to go ahead and try again.  My husband and I want to begin trying again right away.  I have been taking my ovulation test daily and they have been coming back negative?  Has anyone experienced the absence of ovulation after m/c?  If so, how long did this last?
i have a quick question..i am totally confused. I had a MC in May, beginning of may{baby never developed,found out by ultrasound.). i have never stopped bleeding really. Its like a light brown discharge since the d&c. Went for my check up, doc said it should stop, and i will get my period in about six weeks, u can have sex. Well...its 6 weeks, still bleeding alittle, been having sex, not paying much attention to it, and i still havent gotten my period. I had one extra preg test in my drawer, pulled it out, tested and it said pregnant! OMG..I ALMOST DIED! Not expected,lol! can this be true?? i thought i would ovulate after i have gotten my period. am i stupid or something??
Hi ladies, I too had a miscariage about 3 weeks ago. Had a D&E. The doctors sent the baby for testing and I learned that the baby was fine and no abnormalities. I have two other children and never had any problems or miscarriages before. Im confused and dont understand why this happened.  I would appreciate your comments..
Sorry for all of your losses.
Hi It seems like we are the only ones to post a recent comment. Hope that all is going well with you and your pregnancy..
You can still get a positive home pregnant result when you still have hcg beta in your system from a miscarriage.  Even after a D&C.  You should probably have a blood test to check you hcg beta level to see if this is "left over" beta or a new pregnancy. One test may not do it.  The dr. will probably take your hcg beta and if the number is not real low they should take it again in a 48-72 hr. time frame to insure that it is rising correctly.  This will be a better way to see if you are again pregnant or just having left over beta results.  Hope it works the way you want!

I miscarried started miscarrying May second and actually passed my baby on may 6th. I was 14 weeks along. He was formed perfectly for his "age" It was the worst thing I have ever been through... I have had three brothers die in my family..but its so different when its a part of you..
When I went in the doctors told me that they thought I passed everything so they didn't do a D&C, but after having SUPER heavy bleeding from May 6th - June 17th they went in and did a an emergency D&C to stop the bleeding because I was passing out in the exam room from blood loss. They did the D&C and I haven't bled since. They doctor said everything looks healthy and I feel great. When do you think it would be okay to start trying again?...its been 16 days since my D&C and I think I am ovulating. My husband and I want a baby so bad... We had been trying for two years before we got pregnant this time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks, 3 years ago today.  It still hurts to talk about it.  I know it was early, but I feel like a part of my heart is missing.  I have tried so many more time to get pregnant again, and it just won't happen.  What am I doing wrong?  There has been a few times where I have went 2 to 3 months without a period and even have symptoms but not lucky.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!
i had a mc on the 26th april and i am now pregnant again i am just over 4 weeks so yes it is possible to ovulate straight after and it is suppose to be easier to fall preg after a mc.
Hi all your messages are very reasuring.

I Had a miscariage just over three weeks a ago. Through out the entire pregnancy i was convinced something was wrong, and this fear was confounded by a decrease in pregnancy symptoms and eventually slight brownish bleeding. I managed to get an early scan in which they found what appereared to be a 'healthy looking 5 week old yolk sac' no heartbeat but this could be expected, only i was supposed to be 9weeks. The clinic told us to go away and come back in a week, that we could have got our dates wrong, (this was on a tuesday) and brownish bleeding was usually nothing to worry about. I was perhaps possible that we had made a mistakes but i knew something was definately wrong and by the Thursday I was having quite severe abdominal pains and fresh bright red bleeding.
I miscarried on the friday. It was a very scary experience. I had asked lots of different people and looked on the internet about what to expect (as i was convinced it was going to happen) but i was not at all prepeared. Im not a wimp, Im an ITU nurse and no stranger to blood but i was shocked and scared by what i experienced.
I was passing huge clots the size of my palm, they were like peices of liver. The pain was bareable but i was worried i would bleed to death. I phoned the doctor at 9am and no one got back to until 5.30pm by which time i was in a panic. I thought it would never end. I was eventually admitted to hospital and a kindly doctor manually removed the sac which had become lodged near the opening of my cervix and was therefore the cause of all the bleeding. Almost immediately the pain and the bleeding decreased. I had to stay in hospital. They couldn't do a Dand C because it was the weekend.
I experience bleeding and cramps similar to a period for about 5 days after this, followed by a slight spotting.

About 10-12 days after the misscarriage I thought a i felt myself ovulate. A sharp  pain from around my left ovary. My husband laughed at me. He doesn't believe you could feel such a thing. We weren't trying but we just resumed our normal sex life.
This has been followed by some slight pregnancy symptoms, mainly nausea over the last week. I know about the power of the mind to decieve. I really do. I know its more than likely that I want to be pregnant again and so i am convincing myself that i am.
I did a pregnancy test last night and it was negative. Now i am wondering whether its just to early, to be detected by the type of test that i used (it says it can detect pregnancy from the 1st day of a missed period, and I dont know when to expect a period so i dont therefore know when it has been missed) and part of me is relieved.
It could even be viewed as a positive. At least i know my hormone levels are back to normal now.

I think ultimately it really is too soon after a miscarriage to be trying again. My doctor has told me there is no increased risk by trying again immediately. That waiting till after you have ad one period makes dating easier but that is all, but i think it really is too stressful too emotionally confusing a proces to start all over again until you have given yourself a bit of 'me' time.

I wish everyone who is 'trying' goodluck. But i would recommend that you find something to distract you in the meantime. There is more to life than counting dates and recording temperatures.  
i had a miscarriage at 4.5 weeks on june 22nd i only bleed for 3 days and went to doc he siad my levels dropped to zero immediately since i was not that far along... on aug 6th i decided to take a pregnancy test since i never had a af after the miscarriage.. well i took three clear blue test and all came back positive. so i called the doc and he scheduled a blood test and the nurse called me friday with the results and told me i was pregnant.. i do next fri for appointment to make sure things are ok i am praying everything goes good this time... i have had awful morning sickness this time around...

5yr.old boy , miscarriage, and expecting
My DH and I have been trying to conceive for 1 yr when 8/8/08 we finally got the BFP!!!  We were elated.  When I went for first appt on 8/20 they could not see a pregnancy in the vag u/s, I knew that I had conceived at the end of June so something was wrong.  They did bloodwork and called me the next morning to let me know that my HCG was 569 but my progesterone was only 2.5, not a good sign.  Bloodwork again a couple of days later to see if prog was up and the HCG went up slightly but the prog was 1.6.  The doctor was concerned about a tubal pregnancy so went in for another ultrasound and uterus and cervix were fluid filled.  I miscarried on 8/28.  The sac was about the size of a peanut M&M.  We really want to try again soon but nervous about miscarrying again.  Any words of advice.
i had a miscarriage on the 15ht of december, just slight spotting at first and i went for a scan and the doctor said i lost the baby, but after then no blood came again. could this really be a miscarriage.
please i need ur reply.
thanks
My hpt didn't show up as positive until I was more than a week late...  the line was very faint.  

I had a miscarriage on 11/25/08.  I have 2 boys 6yrs and 10yrs old.  I didn't have any problems with them but this pregnancy was different.  I started spotting Monday morning and then nothing..  went to the Dr that morning and they said I was still preg. They gave me a blood test and my Hcg levels were only in the 400's and I was 7-8 weeks along.   I was on bed rest the next day but that night I miscarried.  They gave me another blood test the next morning and my Hcg levels were down to the 200's.  I didn't want to go to the Dr gain so I took a hpt a week after to see if my Hcg levels were down....  It was negative.

I took a hpt last night 12/23/08 and it is positive.  I think I should go to the Dr and get a blood test to check my Hcg levels...  I'm hoping everything will turn out alright but am afraid to get too excited.
Hi there!
I'm writting today because I was reading all the comments and wanted to add my current situation to the mix.
I had a LEEP procedure (removal of abnormal cells on cervix) done on October 14th and didn't know I was pregnant, I miscarried on the 31st. The following month I missed my period only to find out that I am now 9.3 weeks pregnant. I think they may have done the math wrong though because according to them I would have gotten pregnant the day after my miscarriage (the 1st of November) but infact I know when it happened and it certainly wasn't on the 1st! (condom broke on the 6th),.. so I got pregnant 6-8 days after my miscarriage???

The only problem is now that due to the fact that my LEEP procedure was done when I was pregnant and nobody had checked first that my Dr. has been leaving me out in the dark and never put me through for a D&C (found no help anywhere I tried) so now (and I'm not sure if this is why, but would like to know) I have a Subchorionic bleed (a blood clot that may cause the uterine wall to detach and be harmful to the baby and I) but I'm not sure if its really a clot or if maybe its left over tissue that should have been removed that is causing me this problem.

So getting pregnant after a miscarriage IS possible right away but I'm not sure if its a good idea unless everything is good to go. I would appreciate any input.
Thank you

Hi.  I am 32 years old and just had a Miscarriage on November 28th, 2008.  I bled for 1 week after.  I went every week until december 17th to get my HCG levels checked to make sure that my body was getting back to normal.  At that point my level was almost 0.  I was awaiting my period this month and had a follow up exam to explore having another baby and found out that I am pregnant!  I never had the opportunity to even start my period.  My doctor told me that it is perfectly normal to start having intercourse after a loss depending on how you feel, and if you did not have a D&C.  Only problem is, we don't know how far along I am yet because I never had my cycle.  I have an US scheduled for 1/28/09.  This will tell us how far along I am.  When we tested my HCG level, it was 15,000.  There are no signs of ectopic or a molar pregnancy.  So either I am right on schedule or there is a slight probability that I could be carrying more than one baby.  I made it to 8wks 4dys in my last preganancy.  I have decided that God will do whatever he see's fit to do.  He does things in his own manner, not to hurt us, but to protect us for the future.  Grieve, but grieve with the understanding that God does not make mistakes and that when HE is ready, you will have success in conceiving.
I'm praying for you Chris. Same happened to me. I've tried to conceive for more than 7 years and than, in December 2008 I found out that I'm pregnant. Surprise and joy. Then, immediatelly after the New Years Eve all my symthoms stoped. I went imediatelly to a doctore and she has confirmed that my pregnancy stoped developing ( I should have been 8 weeks but my pregnacy showed like a 5 weeks and 5 days). I went through a D&C on January 12th and since then I'm thinking that this was God choice, maybe for the future this baby would have suffered or me or my familly would have suffered. He will also be the one to decide if and when will happen again . I remeber a story about a guy that was very poor and on top of that all his animals died . He was very angry on God , why this happened to him?; but then he met the God angel who told him that actually his wife should have died that day but instead God took his animals. I truly belive this happens to many people who belive they are missfortunate .
I'm new here and wanted to share my story.  I'm hoping to find comfort and understanding in the support of others who have walked this horrible path.  
I have two boys (10) (6.5) via c-sections.  After 3 years of trying to conceive, we finally were pregnant in August 2007.  Miscarried at 13weeks followed by DNC in Oct 2007.  No testing done-looked normal in development.  Had other medical problems that prohibited us TTC until August 2008.  Tested ++ October 2008 right before the year anniversary of 1st MC.  Saw it as a sign of meant to be.  Was very nervous until pass the 13 week mark.  All was well at 1st trimester screening and ultrasounds.  In my 18th week, I had a bad feeling and needed to hear the heartbeat.  They couldn't find one and an ultrasound confirmed that the baby quit growing a few days earlier.  I was scheduled for a D&E on February 3 due to how far along I was and past procedures.  The procedure was quick.  The doctor said that it was evident as to what happened.  The umbilical cord was long and the little one twisted himself up, "kinked" up his cord and cut off supply.  In one sense, I can take comfort in knowing that nothing was wrong and that improves my chances for future hh preg.  But, the fact that nothing was wrong has made it difficult for me to make sense of this.
I know I'm blessed for the two beautiful boys I have, but am so missing my two angel Boys.  I am heartbroken, but wanting to try again asap.  Any thoughts?  My doctor told me that there is no need to wait.  However, I am waiting to hear the official results of all tests that have been conducted.
Thanks for listening!  It helps to have a sounding board of others who understand at a deeper level.
I had a miscarriage about a week and half ago. I had a chemical pregnancy, where the sperm and egg meet but no baby forms, the only think that does form is the yok sack...i was about 10 weeks pregnant and starting spotting and ended up going to the ER and finding out everything, its a very sad ordeal. but my obgyn told us to wait at least 2 months, i had blood work don't to check the hcg levels to see where they are and if they are going down, and i have to get them tested again the 17th this month...my obgyn told me if i got pregnant soon *((like this month))* it would be hard to tell if i was pregnant or if there was something wrong with my hcg levels and would have to get checked out....just harder on him....but my husband and i are very ready to try again, i took an ovulation test today and it was negative, now would it be a true negative or false negative? b/c we are having sex still
You should test 2 times a day.... Your surge can come and go within hours sometimes...
what i think about the whole issue is that God is awesome and knows best.when it happens just give thanks becos God knows why.I got married in sept 2007,got pregn march2008 miscarried may 2008.was ttc seriously and eventually prayed and got preg jan 2009.miscarried again feb27.it is devasting, i kwn but in all things give thanks.i think folic acid doesnt agree well with me.i ll advise that mostly 30 sumthings mom wannabe shld watch that folic acid.i strongly miss my angels but i kwn i get them back this month.Just trust in God for he kwns best and he can give u rest.mostly importantly,i kwn its hard, get ur mind off the pregn.be less stressed, and just generally ve a good time.GOD is with us,u kwn ? he told us to go into the world and multiply and that we must definantly do.miscarriage is delivish and demonic.Best wishes...
Hi guys, just wanted to share my story.  My husband and I had been trying for about 18 months for out first pregnancy.  I found out I was polycysic, so was placed on Clomid, and after 2 months I found out on day 28 that we were pregnant.  I have never been so happy or felt so blessed in my life.  Went for a scan at almost 5 weeks, saw nothing, but they said it was so early.  My HCG levels were only 64.  The next day I started spotting heavier, and heavier, from brown to blood, so I went straght back to the doctor.  The did an US but nothing had changed, my lining was good.  I went to teh hospital to get an immediate HCG level and found out it had increased to 100, this was on Thur.  So all was well, symptoms increased, started getting nauseos, BBS were BIG, couldn't stay away, then I noticed on Tuesday I didn't get sick, or on Wed. I had my appt. Wed. but had told myself to quit worrying, all was well, so, I would ahve been 6 wks 4 days and there was nothing on the US.  Went back to the hospital, and my HCG levels were 500, so we thought they had risen, and maybe all was well, but deep down I knew all was not well.  The next day had another HCG level and went in to my doc. where they did another trasvag US and it stilled showed nothina nd my doc. said my levels were at 212.  I was numb, in shock.  I had waited SO long to be PG and the wind was just knowcked out of my sails.  I still cry.  It has been 12 days since the doc. gave us the news.  My level check 7 days ago was at 54, and I took another yesterday, so we are pretty sure it will be back down to 0.  She said we could TTC right away, so I have been waiting, and took an ovulation test this AM and there was a faint line.  So we are going to try it again.  I don't know how I will bea ble to handle another loss, but the idea of being a mommy and having a precious baby outweighs any fear of having a MC.  I am angry, I am bitter, but I do understand that God does all things for a reason, and that our precious angel is in heaven being loved by our loved ones who have passed.  I really hope we can get PG right away, and I have a feeling deep inside that we will.  Hope is the driving force that is keeping my insanity entact.  Even if we are not successful this month, at least we are moving forward instead of living in this constant state of hopelessness that has engulfed me since this has happened.  Thank you for lsitening and I pray for all of you that have lost babies, or who are pregnant now.  God bless you all,

Angie B.
My husband and I have been trying 5 years. I have PCOS we kinda gave up but still had some hope. March I found out I was around 5 weeks pregnant.  I had irregular periods and thought I never ovulated. We were so happy this was a shock. I had bleeding several times they did 3 ultrasounds saying I had a hemorage sac that would bleed about a month.3 weeks ago I had severe cramping so we went to the er I passed the baby in the middle of ultrasound at 13 and a half weeks. I have been very sad and it keeps replaying in my head. I don't think I will ever be prepared for that again though I am at high risk I also have a bi-cordeate uterus that is split. Not sure if I will ovulate right away I have never known any signs of ovulation except a period but have been reading alot that u can have a period without ovulating. We don't have a lot of money for all those kits so I heard it is pretty good chance if u have sex every 3 days. Does anyone have any insight or advice. I would appreciate anything.
I had a miscarriage about three weeks ago.  We have been trying for a year, then finally got an ovulation monitor 5 months ago.  I had bleeding between cycles but a negative pregnancy test.  Two weeks later I missed my period and had three positive hpt.  We were so excited.  about a week later I started spotting for one day then it stopped.  I got my blood tested, my HCG levels were normal but my progesterone was low.  Two days later my HCG levels had gone down by half.  I didn't start bleeding again for 3 days, had severe cramping and then bled for a week.  I am now on day 19 and still have not ovulated according to my monitor?  Is that normal?  I have been ovulating regularly for the last 5 months.  
My bleeding has finally stopped on Saturday 13/05 after natual miscarriage with my first pregnancy. The MC took around 2.5-3wks. I was 10wks but scan showed that I was around 6wks with anembryonic preg. I went to the Doctors today and my HCG is now down to 3 and no signs of infection.I am so relieved- I have been on edge wondering what my body was going to do next!  I have to say that I am a bit nervous of TTC again, I am wondering if I might wait a cycle, although I desperately want to be preg soon. My doctor has said ok to try anytime and that there is no need to wait unless we want to. Maybe I am getting a bit paranoid- not knowing whether my body is completely ok.
Talking to my friends, I have heard that those ovulation kits are a waste of money. I haven't tried one, but I have just started to monitor basal temp with digital themometer. It will be nice to know that my body is back to normal. One friend said that the ovulation kit kept telling her she was ovulating every single day.
I had to have labor induced @ 16 wks. My water broke a few days before I turned 16 wks but she was still alive&healthy. She lived a few more days inside of me & then @ 16 wks 3 days she passed because I had lost all my amniotic fluid. I also had blead & leaked fluid 3wks prior. Its been 12 days I stopped bleeding for one day then started again. My question is has anyone else had to go through labor & delivery? We are wanting to try again I just dont know if its different on ovulating right away if u went through labor&delivery? & can you ovulate if ur still bleeding? I also still have milk but im hoping it dries up soon & that doesnt keep me from getting pregnant right away.
It's been exactly 3 weeks since I m/c (passed the sac etc).  The same day I had my follow-up appointment which was on Wednesday, October 23, 2009, I felt as though I was having ovulation pains (minor cramping in the lower abdominal region).  It lasted for a few hours; I didn't have any pains the next day.  Although I am not TTC, I will be EXTREMELY happy if A/F doesn't show her face next month (then for 9months ). My doctor did tell me that this is my most fertile time.
I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks on 9-28-09(natural, noD&C). We have two healthy babies, ages 5 and 2. It has been two weeks and we have been trying again, just not sure when I will ovulate. I just wanted to say that I am sorry to all that has lost. Be strong!!!! i have two beautiful babies to focus on and that helps. Good luck to ya'all
Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to say that this site has been a great outlet to help me deal with our recent miscarriage (9/26/09 at 6 wks). I am so sorry to hear about your losses but it is encouraging to hear your words of hope and your positive stories, so thank you! I just wanted to add that I went to my OBGYN on 9/28 and she said we could start trying as soon as we were ready-there was no medical reason (for me, but I know each woman is different) to prevent us from trying again right away if we were ready. Today I visited with a Fertility Specialist and he recommended we wait at least one cycle to allow my body to "get back on track," however he said we don't have too wait (there's no medical reason preventing it) it's purely our decision. I also received an ultrasound today that showed that I am about to ovulate (yay!!) This is only 12 days past the time I finished bleeding from my miscarriage or 18 days since I actually miscarried. Keep your fingers crossed for us!!
Hey dear,
ill tell u my story, i started bleeding on 18th of july,08 that time i thought its an early period but it was terrbile then i found out its an ectopic preg. i went throught a laproscopy and left tube was removed  on 29th. My dr said no need for any contraceptives and live ur life normally, period didnt arrive till 14th sep i test the quantitative HCG it was negative, but i had some preg signs like smeeling things i used to not smell, stomach disturbance and so on anyway, on 25th sep i started taking provera 10mg twice a day for five days, on 30th i statred to see brown spots i thought oh its my period started to appear as spots, but the spot continued till i had doubt and on Oct 6th i tested and my hcg was 1620, but after 48 hrs i found it 1580, U/s was done sac was there, yolk sac was there even the embryo was seen 3.1mm and pulse was there, dr said its arround 5-6 wks, dr said i should have a complete 2 weeks sleep on my bk but as soon as i reached home heavy bleeding started so i aborted and by sun 11th my abortion was naturally completed, my dr still is insisting not to use contraceptives and told me it was chromosomal problem nothing else so i thought also not to use contraceptives, now its 19th of Oct i have some ovulation signs but it might b fake, so pls wish for me that it would be a true  OV and both of us could have a healthy baby soooooooooon.

SHND
sorry my story is in 2009 not 2008 as i wrote :)
Good luck to everyone.....it is so helpfull to read all this msgs full of positivity....I can relate to all of you.....I had a late miscarriage at 21 weeks just on the 20th of Oct...we did everything we could but once my water broke there was not much to do....we too want to get pregnant again although we are afraid the same thing might happen but am glad Doc. said it should not happen again and they will take preventive care to make sure it does not happen.....I feel a lot of hope reading all the comments good luck to everyone keep a good attitude and I hope to continue hearing about each one of you....it will be even more encouraging to hear that someone has fallen preganant and everything is going well....my thoughts and prayers are with all of you
i had a misscariage on October 22, two days before (October 20) i went into the doctor because i saw that i was spotting knowing it was probably normal, but still wanted to make sure everything was fine so i went in heard the baby's heart beat 160 a min and i was eight weeks along i started bleeding again that next night @ 1am really heavly and was told by my doctor i lost the baby naturally over night....i had to go in for about three weeks once a week to get my hormone levels check and they finally got down two zero a few weeks ago. now i believe that i could be pregnant again and i am waiting to take a test i seem to have alot of really low cramping, but its not like regular cramping. I hate these waiting games i just hope if i am my body is ready to be pregnant again.. Im sorry for everyone's loss just know all of us are with you all!!!!
Hi all, just found this site. i had a m/c with d&c Oct 26th and am now wondering when I'll have a period again. I had trouble's having regular period's with my first son now 1 year old. so I am wondering whats normal wait time for next period and when should I be concerned . we really want to get pregnant again soon and I just hate waiting to find out if I'm gonna ovulate or need help. we had to wait two weeks after d&c to have sex so not sure if I could have ovulated during that time or if i could be pregnant now even.
Hi All

I had a miscarraige (miscarriage) on the 19th Nov, and Im totally devestated... I bled for 5-6 days and themn my partner and I stated having sex again..today, I have nausea quite badly? I was wondering if it is possible that im pregnant again?? I feel as if im ovulating, but have done 2 ovulation test on 2 different occasions and there is no surge?? Im a bit confused??
Hello Everyone! I had an abortion 2 years ago, and I recenlty miscarried on Dec, 05. at 5 weeks. Iam supposed to get my period jan 2, which is today and I only had a little pink blood, and later on clear discharge with dark brown blood, and thats about it. My breast are very tender. I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative.  whaat now?
Hi everyone, I had a natural miscarriage a week ago at 5 wks, i now am experiencing dull pains in my left side, its a very uncomfortable pain and im starting to get anxious worrying that not everything has come away from me, although nothing was left in my uterus on ultrasound. I have had this pain before and was told i was constipated but its just coinsidence that its happened again after my m/c has anyone experienced the same pains? Also the nurses on the epu recommended that you wait until you have one normal period until you start trying again (This is from The Miscarriage Association) although saying this my best friend miscarried and was told she did nt have to wait so she did nt and within 5 wks was pregnant again and went on to have a healthy baby girl with no problems through her pregnancy, they said to me if you do get pregnant before your period it is nt the end of the world but it is really hard to have a healthy pregnancy. Talk about confusing! im not going to get busy to much this month and will prob wait until i get my period but if it happens in between i suppose its natures way of 'things happen for a reason' ( which i have heard that phrase a million times this wk)
Good luck to everyone trying.. happy baby making
Carly x
Hi everyone,
I found this website so helpful when I M/C at the end of April 09. I just wanted to post an update.
I am now almost 30wks pregnant and things have been going well. I conceived in my second cycle after my natural m/c. I did try and track my basal temperature after my m/c but I think things were a little out of whack- I couldn't figure out the pattern and it was causing me more stress than good and i gave up doing that.
I feel very lucky that I was able to get pregnant fairly quickly.
Good luck to you ladies, FX for you all.
I had a great first pregnancy and a healthy baby boy, but my second one was an empty sac at 9 weeks so I had a D&C. I didn't know that your body is extra fertile after a miscarriage, or that you could have your period during the bleeding that followed, so my husband and I thought we were safe having unprotected sex only a week after I stopped bleeding and only one time! 6 weeks later I wondered where my period was, and it turned out I was pregnant. I was nervous, but we had a second healthy baby boy.
I just had an early m/c this week at only 5 weeks and it wasn't painful or prolonged, so I consider myself lucky. But I'm nervous about my uterine lining not being strong enough to hold a pregnancy right away. I was able to after a D&C, but for some reason I'm more nervous this time? Are my nerves valid? Is the body more likely to miscarry immediately after an m/c, even one so early as 5 weeks?
I had an early miscarriage in April, I was also just about 5 weeks.  I miscarried naturally as well without any complications.  This was actually my 5th miscarriage.  After previous losses (2 were D&C's) I had always waited the recommended 1 cycle before trying again, and typically it took me 2 to 3 cycles minimum to conceive again.  This time around we weren't trying (although we weren't doing anything to prevent it, so I suppose that's the same thing..lol)....I didn't think I would ovulate quite so quickly. However in May I found out I was pregnant again..I was extremely surprised. No period in between at all. I am now almost 38 weeks with a healthy baby boy.  

I think when a loss is that early it impacts your body more like a heavy period would.  I am not a Dr., and it's always best to go by their recommendations, but I can tell you in my case all has been fine.  
Hello, I am new to this site and am glad that I am not the only one who is enduring these issues.  I first want to say how very sorry that I truly am for all of your losses; I never imaged the magnitude of such a loss and would never wish for anyone to endure this let alone several times.  I have been surprised at the impact that it has had on my life; I guess that is because I have never let grief be an emotion that altered me; I have always been the one to be strong for everyone else and never allowed for my grief to affect me.  I cannot say that I have not delt with grief, just that it never made it's mark when I shared it with some many others.  

So that being said; my husband had a reversal done in 2004 and we have been TTC albeit not with any aggressive pursuit, more like what will be will be since then.  I found out that I was 5 weeks pregnant on 12 August of 09; shocked does not even begin to cover it; we had basically come to terms with it never being a possibilty... only to find out on the 20th that it was an ectopic; I had no pain, just light spotting and my gut told me to have it checked out; as is so often the case my gut was right, and I have a D&C that day and they ended up having to remove my right tube because they were unable to extract the pregnancy without completely damaging it.  So then I had my blood checked every week, to monitor HCG back down to 0; and it started going back up; not doubling just gradually rising, so then I had to have metholtrixate shots on the 18th of September.  My doc referred me to a fertility spec. and I was finally given an appointment for 14 January 2010.  Well I found out on 4 January 2010 that I was again pregnant, and on 7 January that I was in the mist of a miscarriage.  

I really do not think that I would be so upset if I had not just turned 35; I do know that it is not old; however I do know that this is realistically my last year to give this becoming a Mom thing a shot, I have Psoriatic Arthritis and while I do well with my treatments, I would be selfish to think that it will remain that way forever and I certainly don't want to bring a child into this world to only become completely imobile just a year or two later, my husband does not deserve that.  

I am frustrated and although I do hold out hope, I am apprehensive I don't know that I will ever be able to relax if I do get pregnant again, I will just be waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I have to get my HCG levels tested again on Wednesday, as the fertility doctor requires a level below .05 ;and mine were at 4.9 on Wednesday of this week, so I guess I'll just have to gut it out.  

Thank you for having this site and being here I have so many great people in my life that are truly there for me, they just don't know what I am feeling, and I guess I cannot express it properly so it's a great comfort to know that people here do.  

God bless you all.
Hi there,

Just wanted to say my heart goes out to you all, its such an awful thing to happen. But i could do with some advice.....

I had a miscarriage on the 16th November 09. I started bleeding at what was 10weeks pregnant but had a scan which showed my baby had died at 5 weeks (missed miscarriage). I was devastated. I already have two children, 6 and 3 yrs old and we really wanted another one to add to our family.
We decided to start trying again after my period at the start of this month and yesterday I did a pregnancy test and it was positive.... could this be hcg left over from my miscarriage?

I'd love to feel elated about this but i can't help but feel scared.

Nikki x
I had a miscarrage (miscarriage) at 5.5 wks, and have been told to wait one cylce before trying again, my periouds are fairly regular but i am now 10 days late ,have sore boobs and feel sick,tired and crampy? i have been using protection  for the last 4 weeks but didnt while i was miscarrying or just after as i was un aware that i even was? do anyone think its possible that i may be preg? or  is uit normal to be so late after a mc? ive read all through here and am just so frustrated and confused with my body? i want to be but am scared that im bnot?? can ayone help
I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks and I  have  RH  O neg blood type.  Which means that I needed a Rhogam shot after the miscarraige (miscarriage).  I want to start to try again right away.  I miscarried on or about the 15th of Jan.  So it has been about two weeks.  The doctor told me to wait two cycles before trying again.  My question is should I wait the two months or can I try again right now?  I did not have a D&C.  Does the rhogam shot pose any ill effects on the next pregnancy if I get pregnant so soon?  This was my 3rd pregnancy.
I am in the same boat as you all. Wew ere soo happy to see the double lines! I had a reversal done Aug 21 and to get PGNT was such a blessing. Only to find out a few days later that I was miscarrying. This is my third and I 'm going to be 35  So nick107m I completely feel what you feel. This is the last and only time to really do this right uh.... yea.....Never had a miscarriage before and I don't want another one, couldn't imagine the fears you must be going through every time you hear you are prgnt. Hugzzz***

I hope it all works our for you. And me too. I am very anxious to try again right away, waiting for a month just seems so hard. So I am hoping my levels drop fast. I go to see a specialist to make sure my tubes are clear. After that I should be good to go. But I am so scared. i don't think I can handle a second failure!! It's just not an option for me. So wish me luck. Good luck to all of you with trying again! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Hello Everyone,
It is great to have found this site. I am 39. I have one boy 17 months. He was born in Oct 2008. I had one miscarriage before him and in October found out I was pregnant again. I had a miscarriage in January, I believe I was 9 weeks along when I should have been 13. I had another D&C and 1 week later my body purged some left behind. I hate that I have to wait 3 months to get pregnant again. I just had my first period and believe I am ovulating now. This is odd for me because I always ovulated 14-15 days after mt period. Is this normal, does it change over the next couple months? Just wondering if anyone has experienced this, a change in their ovulating cycle. I do wish everyone the best and hope you all find peace with whatever comes in your future.
i am 38 years old. Heres my history. My first pregnancy ended at 8 wks as a blighted ovum 8/2002 the second pregnancy ended 8wks no HB in 12/2002. Had a d&c for both then in the end of Then in Jan/2003 found out I was pg again which means I got pg just 2wks after the last D&C. My daughter was born prematurly at 28wks but she is healthy with no problems now. I had another son in 2/2006 and then again in 8/2007. Now I just had another pregnancy end. i thought I was 12wks but u/s showed no HB and pg ended at 9wks. Just had a D&C on 3/16/2010   My OB has sent the tissue from the m/c for genetic testing since its my 3rd one, but I want to try again right away. I have 3 beautiful children and I want more. Is there anyone out there who has had children in btwn m/c's. And have you been able to have more? I just want some insight or someone with comforting advice.
I just had a D&C done last week and want to TTC as soon as possible. I am 30 years old and really want a baby. I have a 10 year old but want to have another baby. I read so many different stories, that you are more fertile after a m/c, that you can TTC right after, that you should wait.... has anyone gotten pg right after a m/c?
im going through a miscarriage right now, i think i passed the fetus yesterday , large firm clot and bits of clots, i was supposed to be ten weeks gone but started with brown discharge on monday , went for a scan on tuesday to be told there was no heart beat and baby was about six weeks not ten, started bleeding next day with very bad cramps, i have three children already so i knew these pains were same as labour , my body was expelling the baby , this baby was so wanted , im 41 and this baby was with my new partner who i love dearly  , im so sad and cross , my partner thinks im mad at him , im not i just cant find the words to tell him how i feel , we are going to try again asap . i have a scan on thr 14th april to check all has gone , im still hoping that maybe it will still be there , silly i know,i know its mother natures way but it hurts so much , im so sorry for anyone who has or is going through the same thing, god bless
I mc at 6 weeks on christmas morning! Terrible! It was painful and felt just like full labor! I have an amazing dr that got me right in (she delivered my 6 year old daughter). I was in so much pain cause I dialted and they were able to take it out so I did t have to pass it on my own! I was told to wait 1 full cycle...well, I was waiting and waiting for my period! I thought maybe I was stressing too much and took a pregnancy test that showed I was pregnant!! I was pregnant 1 month later! I am now 14 weeks and being closely monitored! Baby is perfectly fine and I feel good! The only reason my dr wanted me to wait a full cycle was for my emotional needs. It was hard and sad but it was out of my hands! I couldn't continue to stress and worry about something I couldn't control!
Well my boyfriend and i were 11 weeks when i woke up bleeding on 3/30/2010 and at the er they founf no heartbeat. Then on 4/1/2010 i started bleeding so bad we had to go to the er again and in return they did an emergency D&C because my cervix was not opening. The baby was wanted so badly it hurts us both. I have not seen my doctor since as i was not instructed to do so. We are thinking of trying again but dont know when because we are scard of another mc. We already have two wonderful boys 6 and 3 years of age and hoping for a girl. My youger son was born at 33 weeks so that is another fear for us. Does anyone have any advice?
I mc on March 23 after having a very rough 9 weeks of pregnancy. My baby was only 7 weeks developed. I Spotting and cramping.  It was tough especially becuase a week before the dr. said that as long as it was old blood I should be okay but it changed on me by the following week. Most traumatizing was I saw my baby and held the baby in my had it was so tough.  I have my moments when something triggers my memory of my baby.  I really want to be a mommy and my husband a daddy we were told to wait two cycles but have heard so much of your body will let you get pregnant again when its ready, that I 'm confused. It was natural and no D&C followed.  I'm playing it by ear but as of yet I haven't haven't gotten my period.  It sould be 28 days next Monday.  So we'll see what happens and how long it takes my body to heal.
reading your post, I went through the same thing - mc on the 21/03 after spotting for 5 days prior (and even seeing our baby's heartbeat two days before I mc. I was 8.5weeks pregnant.
I am writing now because I have a positive story and I know I was searching for one in the days following my mc....
I had a natural mc, and 30 days later, (two days ago) I found out that I am pregnant again. My dr explained that if my body ovulated then it is ready. Reading everyones posts and other sites there are so many different views on 'shoud you wait, or not', I think only you and your body knows that. all the best xx
Hi i recently had a m/c 1/05 , it was as natural as they get i suppose, i found out i was 7wks on the thursday but m/c on the sat. i had awoke to wipe...lots of blood like a heavy period but ER said it was light? anyhow by 7pm it was all over bar the migrane (migraine) i developed. anyhow i bled till the 5th and having been to to the epc they said as long as i felt up to it it was fine to try this month! as no d and c needed my emotional state was the only thing to stop me!
ive read heaps of your posts...there's so much conflicting evidence and i guess every woman is different as each pg is so varied, both me and hubby want another, this will be my 7th pg i have 3 children 10/9/4/ so i guess i have been blessed, i will hopefully ovulate around the 14th and will be ttc.  
to all of you i send good luck wishes....we are not alone even though when its happening to us it feels that way...thank you all sooo much for sharing and i hope to post real soon that things are coming along well....oh and baby #4 my daughter was concieved quick according to gp's.... after an eptopic pregnancy that went undiagnosed for 6 months!!! i had collapsed with "appendicitus" which turned out to be eptopic which was dated at 6wks but that had been in my tube for 6 mnths! i was soooooo lucky not to die and lose my tube! luckily all was well 2 hours after d an c went home bled few weeks then found out i was pregnant! my daughter is 4 and starts school this year!!

good luck! .;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.
I AM SO LOST BUT HAPPY TO SEE THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE GOING THROUGH THIS. I MISCARRIED AT 5 WEEKS AND 6 DAYS. I AM 31 YEARS OLD AND IT WAS MY FIRST CHILD. I WAS SO HAPPY JUST TO HAVE IT ALL TAKEN AWAY. I HAVE NOT YET HAD MY FIRST CYCLE. MY DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT I NEEDED TO WAIT FOR TWO FULL CYCLES, BUT I FEEL LIKE NATURE TAKES IT COURSE WHEN IT WANTS TO. I LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS I HAD NEVER BEEN PREGNANT , SO NOW TO KNOW THAT IT CAN HAPPEN, IT GIVES ME GREAT FAITH THAT IT WILL HAPPEN SOON..MY PASTOR TALKED ANOUT FINDING FAITH, AND WHEN U FIND IT KEEP FAITH, AND THE PART WAS TO PASS ON FAITH . SO I WILL PASS MY FAITH TO ALL OF U LADIES THAT IT WILL HAPPEN FOR ME AND ALL OF U .. REMEMBER TO ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH
I just had a m/c on Apr 29. I began spotting on Apr 22 and i was told it was normal as long as I wasn't experiencing cramps along with them. After about 2 or 3 days my bleeding got heavier with clots so I immediately went to the hospital where they did a sonogram and they noticed that my baby had stopped growing at 8wks. I was suppose to be 10.5 wks along. They sent me home with nothing but an appointment to see an ob/gyn the next day. I went to see that Dr. only for him to tell me the same thing and to advise me to rest because soon ar later the baby would pass. While leaving that Thursday, I experienced really bad cramping and what I thought was a regular clot ended up being my baby. I was told to collect it in a bag & bring it in for a pathology exam that following Monday. Friday I woke up to no bleeding whatsoever. Me and my DH thought it was safe grounds & for comfort we turned to sex. The next morning (May 1st) I still had no bleeding but I experienced what I think was ovulation pains that I normally feel. I began bleeding again Sunday night & Monday when I asked my Dr. he said I doesn't think I ovulated. I finally stopped bleeding on the 7th. Well I read plenty of articles about women who ovulate 14days after passing their baby and today is my 14th day and I feel nothing. Could I have ovulated???? I really want to have a baby!!!!
hi everybody.i miscarried at 5+4weeks.i bleed for 8 days.today is 16 days post bleeding,i feel ovulation signs like nipple tenderness,creamy mucus abdominal twinges,im lost is it ovulation of could i be preg again,coz i experienced the same signs when i was pregnant.pllz help
Hi everybody

I really like reading all your comments, and I'm very sorry for all the losses on here. I take comfort from how common it is and the support out there, and that the odds are very much in favour of going on to have a healthy pregnancy. But it's all very confusing isn't it?! And so hard when nearly everybody I know has children and many have just had babies in the last month.

I'm 34 and feel really scared about getting older. My boyfriend and I conceived very quickly in March but lost the baby at 7 weeks. It would have been our first and I desperately want to try again.

It's been 3 weeks now since I miscarried but I have no idea when I will ovulate, or if it's already happened. My hcg levels were tested at near zero 10 days ago (they were 800 when I started bleeding). The nurse said I should expect my period in 2-4 weeks. Does anyone know if you count from the first day of bleeding, or when your hcg levels return to zero?

I know doctors advise waiting one cycle but that's for dating rather than anything else after an early natural mc as far as I can see.

I guess if it doesn't happen this month then we shall keep trying. But time sees to drag sooooooo slowly! I wish you all loads of baby luck for yourselves.

x
hi everyone just want to post something i was eight weeks with baby growth only 6 weeks 2days i found out that i misscarried one week ago today and i had a D&C last thursday i was lucky i only bleed for one day and nothing since the doctor told me when i came out that for dating and so i knew where i was at to wait a cycle but it is total fine to start trying straight away i believe if its ready to happen again it will so good luck everyone
hi just catching up, im counting my 1st day of m/c as day 1 of my `period`, this was also the 1st of may, so when i went to have a check up scan on the 18th i was told they could see i had ovulated, something to do with fluid in my ovary, anyhow i had been keeping a check of my bbt and basically i had the all important dip on the 17th so as the doctor told me ( i pointed this out and she said that you can ovulate early after a miscarriage, its all to do with your body getting ready again, its what we're programmed to do...easier said than done i commented) anyhow, im really positive now, good or bad news at the end of this month i know im sort of working, keep me updated xx
hi everyone just wanted to update i had a d&c on the 13th of may and i got a  positive ovulation test on the twenty eigth followed with negative pregnancy tests since 26th but today i had a light negative pregnancy (didnt even need to squint) so im very hopefull now looking forward to the next couple of days good luck everyone
it was ment to say positive
I miscarried today at 10w 4d.  I went for an ultrasound to determine gestational age and there was no heartbeat... so my doctor did an emergency D&C.  In some ways I'm  very different from everyone here.  I am blessed with an 8 year old daughter and a 6 year old son.  I'm 40 and this baby was soooo unexpected... but now I want it sooo bad.  I want to really try again and so does my husband,  I know he too is hurting so much.  For the first time in years, i saw him crying today and it broke my heart.  He tells me he is fine, but I know he is trying to be strong for me... how long until you really feel like life is going to go on?  I want to try again, but I'm scared because of my age.    
I waited four years to get pregnant on my second cycle of IVF. I miscarried at 19 1/2 weeks naturally on 2 June 2010, giving birth to a boy weighing 10oz and 11 inches long. It's so hard at any stage but when you've waited so long then feel it moving, see it fully formed when its born, it makes you miss it so much. My sister in law had a healthy boy the following day, which I have now held. You have to take one step at a time to get through things. I'm now 14 days on and am having stabbing pains in what feels to be my left ovary. With PCOS I don't really know much about ovulations, maybe this is just normal post miscarriage pain but it's what I would expect ovulation to feel like. I'm going to test tomorrow but have heard it's possible this early.
"I have a question regarding cycles after d&c.  I had a d&c and got my period back several weeks after, which gave me hope we can start ttc again.  However,  I am cd 37and no sign of af (I know I am not pregnant).  I know that they say your cycles after a d&c can be all over the place, but I used to have cycles no longer than 29 days.  I am starting to get so frustrated and wondering if my body will get back to normal  .  Why haven't I got my period by now?  When I should be concerned if it doesn't come back? Has this created problems for me in the future of getting pregnant?
Please Help!!"
Many of you have said that you ovulated about 10-14 days after your miscarriage.   Do you mean from the moment you stopped bleeding or from the actual day you found out you were miscarrying?  I found out almost a week ago and I'm still bleeding a little bit.  I know for some women a miscarriage can take place quickly with little bleeding and for others it takes about a week if disposing naturally which is what we chose to do.  Thanks for your input.
I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks and 5 days July 2,2010 and I have never stopped bleeding.We are very devestated because we let our 8 year old daughter name the baby and now it feels more like a death. The fetus was 3 days behind date.On July 15 my breast started back hurting and bleeding stared heavier according to doctor my menstrual cycle started. Does this count as letting the first cyle pass?
I had 2 m/c and 2 dnc's...the last one was on december 23 of 2009...i got pregnant on december 30th of 2009 and am now almost term....everyone is different...i didn't think i could ovulate so soon after a dnc either but dr said all is well... wishing everyone the best of luck...
I know that this is an old post but I'm proof that you can get pregnant rite away after a mc. I had a mc at 5 wks....my doc told me that I could count that as my period and try again rite away...so I charter my ovulation date....now I am 8wks today...when you have a mc count that as your cycle and you can try when ever...I hope that you all do what's best for you and good luck....baby dust to all.....
On 21st March I MC at 8.5weeks, I  spotted for 5 days before actually MC. I counted my cycle from the day I MC and ttc from there - Going off previous cycle lengths and when I ovulate (10-14days)....I had a natural MC and didn't need a dnc.
I hope that made sense - basically I worked out when I was ovulating from the day our baby left my body.
A positive note- I am now 21 weeks pregnant with a healthy boy.
Best of luck to you.
I recently miscarried on July 28, 2010 at 4-5 weeks pregnant (we think, because we had not gotten our 1st US yet).  I had bleeding for about 3 days, kind of like my period with more severe cramps.  My husband and I met with the doctor 8/03 and my HCG had dropped from 137 to 71.  We decided after reading lots of blogs to continue having unprotected sex and see what happens (we hadn't told anyone that we were pregnant bc I was so concerned about miscarriage and it was my 1st pregnancy).    I know my doctor said to wait and take a HPT in 1 month, but I couldn't wait and took a test today and it's +.  Am i pregnant already or do I still have HCG in my system.  I figured it would be gone by now.  Please send stories...I have no idea what to expect.  I don't want to get my hopes up yet, but...
Do you typically ovulate around 2 weeks after you start bleeding from a m/c or after you stop bleeding from the m/c?
I really appreciate all of the comments here. It is so sad to know how common miscarriages are, but it is very comforting to not feel alone.

I recently had a miscarriage at about 6 weeks, and it was natural with no need for a D&C. I am 32, married for 10 years, and we have a healthy 4 year old daughter. My first pregnancy was relatively uneventful... some spotting at week 7, but only lasted 3 days and was light brown. Then, I had pink spotting at week 18 which was very scary. They found that is was a low-lying placenta, which moved before term. Other than that, there were no issues.

My husband and I were planning to start trying for our 2nd baby now (September) due to recent job changes and international travel. However, we found ourselves accidentally pregnant, and we must have conceived in mid-July. This one was very different from my first pregnancy:  I spotted around day 28, which I thought was my period, but it stopped after 3 days. I waited a week to take a HPT, and it was + but faint. My breasts were a little swollen and a little sore, but not nearly as dramatic as with my first. I never felt nauseous or tired like I did with my first. I was also spotting off-and-on with mild cramping for the first 10-12 days straight. This just didn't seem right.

Due to some international travel in early Sept, I went to the doctor pretty early on just to confirm the pregnancy and get the timing figured out since it was a surprise. From mid-Aug to Sept 1 I had multiple u/s and hCGs... everything was just OK, not perfect. hCG levels were rising but not doubling, u/s images were growing but not following the timing I was expecting. In combination with the consistent spotting, we had about 2 weeks to mentally prepare that it was not healthy.

On Fri Aug 27, I was hit with very strong cramps and pain in my low back and down my legs. It felt a lot like the early stages of labor. I started passing clots, and went immediately to the doctor's office. On u/s, the sac and fetus were still there, but the heartbeat looked really slow. Through Sat Aug 28 and Sun Aug 29, the cramping and clots increased to the point that I couldn't really talk while they were happening. Then, on Sunday afternoon, I felt the whole sac pass with a very intense cramp. I went back to the doctor on Monday Aug 30, still bleeding, and he confirmed my u/s that everything was gone. My uterus was completely clean... it looked like nothing had ever happened.

He said we are perfectly safe to start trying again asap. He also said we could be very fertile right now, but the next period might not come until 6-8 weeks, which I guess means ovulation could come around 4-6 weeks. He gave me a prescription for methergine to help speed up the bleeding and pass any remaining tissue. I took it for 4 days, and the bleeding was done by Friday Sept 2 (1 week).

Surpisingly, I think I actually ovulated after only 2 weeks. I had all the symptoms I usually have:  bloating, tugging/pinching on one side, and egg white cervical mucus (EWCM). I'm wondering if the methergine helped to clear things out faster so that my hCG levels dropped pretty quickly. At this point, I am 3 weeks post miscarriage, and I am starting to feel some differences in my nipples (sensitive and dark), and I am having some very light cramping (like implantation), which I had with my first pregnancy. I feel like I am playing tricks on myself mentally, and I am trying very hard not to get excited.

I will wait until the end of October (8 weeks post miscarriage) to take a HPT and call my doctor. I really don't want to go through those agonizing 2 weeks of frequent u/s and hCG tests with no clear results.

Good luck to all of you, and take care of yourselves.

I had 1 miscarriage in 2006, then pregnant right away and a perfectly healthy son in 2008. He turns 2 in October. We got pregnant in Nov 2009 and then a miscarriage in Jan 2010, I was 9 weeks pregnant. It's been tough, my dr said wait 3 normal periods after d&c and actually had to wait longer. Then, I found out after routine blood work that I have hypothyroidism. My dr said that most likely caused the miscarriage. We have been trying again for a few months and hoping it will happen soon since I turn 40 in November. I just wanted to tell everyone to please check yourself out, you never know what is happening with your body. I had no idea this was happening and has wasted almost a year of my life and a lot of stress. Good luck everyone!
It would be ice for thosee people who posted something on here come back and post updates weather or not u are or not pregnant... Thats just my opinion... The stories are very touching I had my 1st miscarriage on Aug 30 I started bleeding on the 28th don't know when I ovulated and not really trying I wanna give my body time to heal although hubby got permission from dr that we can ttc right away hubby espect my wishes but we did have sex a week ago I miscarried 3 weeks ago I know there;s a possablity I can be pregnant and there's a possablity that I'm not how ever the out come is I'm going to keep everyone updatd.. I'm not gonna lie I wouldn't mind having a lil one but also I care about my health <3 how all is well with everybody
                                                        Chocolate
First off i Just want to say i love this site! it got me through my tww and now through my m/c.
I was about 5 weeks along when m/c. my HCG levels were at 43 and dropped to 3 in about 2 days. We were/are very upset. Went to doc yesterday and she gave me the go ahead to start trying as soon as we want,(which is right away) She didnt mention anything about waiting a cycle or it to be harmful if we don't. I found out i was prego in the middle of my cycle do to tons of symptoms. I m/c on the exact date i would have started my period. So i am hoping that i will have a normal ovulation this month bc i passed it so quickly and i wasn't very far along. My doc told us to have sex as much as possible this way if ovulation is off this month do to m/c we still have a good chance of conceiving. We conceived so easily and quickly before ( after 2 times) that i am hoping we have the same luck this time and we can have a healthy baby! best of luck to all of you!
To Chocolate:  I know what you mean about people updating! It's hard to read these posts and then have no updates! So, I will give an update after my very long post from a few days ago...

I am now 31 days post-m/c (I decided to count day 1 of my cycle on the first day of the heavy bleeding/cramping, not the spotting that had been going on for weeks). The heavy/moderate bleeding lasted exactly 1 week (with the help of methergine). I'm pretty sure I ovulated around day 15-17. I took HPT shortly after ovulation to make sure that my hCG is gone from the m/c, and the test was negative, which makes me feel more confident that I did ovulate. I had some cramping and spotted (only brown) for 3 days last week (3 weeks post-m/c), which I'm thinking was implantation. I will wait another week before taking HPT, which will be 5 weeks post-m/c. We'll see!
Update:  I am still sure that I ovulated 2 weeks after my miscarriage (6 weeks along). I thought maybe I was pregnant (showing lots of preg symptoms), but at day 33 after miscarriage (yesterday), I was hit with very strong cramps and heavy bleeding with clots. Not as bad as the miscarriage, but WAY worse than a normal period. It makes me think I was very early pregnant and having another miscarriage, but I've read other boards that describe very heavy first periods after miscarriage. I guess it's normal, and I'm thankful I didn't have to wait 8 weeks for my first period (only 4.5 weeks). We'll try again as soon as it's time.... I was hoping to be one of those great examples of a pregnancy right away, but it's not happening for me.
My first pregnancy I miscarried at about 6-7 weeks. This was July 3rd 2006. I was devastated.... my marraige was falling apart, yet somehow the miscarraige (miscarriage) brought us together. One night after falling back in love with my husband, we had one of THOSE nights..hehe... one long baby dance, that obviously worked. The middle of August I started having the symptom that I like to call **Sensi-nipples** (OUCH!) I would think of accidentally rubbing against something and they'd throb!! I knew I was pregnant! so I took a test....BFN.....  about an hour later I went back to use the bathroom, and I saw the test in the trash...but there was an extra line that wasn't there before. So I went out the next morning and bought a new test, and BFP! I followed up with my local clinic and I was in fact pregnant. My little boy with be 4 in March, and he is just like his daddy. So, sometime immediatly after the stop of bleeding from my miscarraige (miscarriage), I concieved. And my friend had the same thing...  immediatly following a miscarraige (miscarriage) she also got pregnant....so, I hope I brought some hope to someone, it can happen if it's supposed to.. good luck to all ttc!
I had a miscarriage at one and half weeks in september, and then I ovulated on the 18th and my husband decided that we should go for it again because we both want a baby. Its now oct 6th and I usually have my period in the first or second weekend of the month and I know when its about to arrive because I get that feeling plus some minor symptons. I've taken two tests and they are negative but they were also taken in the evening or late afternoon. Is it possible that I'm pregnant this soon after a mc?
I miscarriage @ 7 weeks & my doctor said wait for three months. I lost my baby Jan 14th. I did read woman loss the baby around less than eight weeks is common. I also read you can try after one month cycle. Till your body goes back to normal. I had it rough. My doctor gave me a white pill to help pass it though normal. Instead waiting up till a week to pass on it's own without a d&c. I didn't pass all of it. So had a d&c done. I keep getting positive results on the pregnancy test but wasn't pregnant any more.  I had the placenta still in me & made my body think I was still pregnant. It will be over a year. I am not ovulation like I should be. I am only 32 yrs old. I have very light bleeding & it is not the same.  I used to have heavy normal bleeding. My doctor don't think it is a big deal!  
I had a d&c on 30 Sep. My doctor said that the miscarriage actually started at the end of August, but wasn't complete. He said that had it been a viable pregnancy I would have been about 9 weeks. My HCG levels were at 0 at the time of the procedure. My period was due the following week. It's been almost 4 weeks since the procedure, I haven't had my first period yet, but I feel like I may be pregnant. Is it possible this soon after the d&c?

Thanks everyone
Corina
I had a miscarriage sept 21 this year and just found out oct 25 that i am 3-4 weeks pregnant again...there checking my hcg levels and makin sure everything is going good so far it all looks great...so you can ovulate that week you miscarried or the any time after they say you are more fertile after a m/c...so good luck and if you want a lil one keep trying it will happen if it's meant to be...baby dust to you!!
I miscarried this week at 5 weeks and my doctor told us to just have fun and he hopes to see us before the new year with a happy healthy pregnancy. I will be monitored more close in the next pregnancy but all in all we have been given the blessing to go forward. My miscarriage did not require a D&C and was similar to yours in the sense that it was just like a normal period with cramps (I dont usually get cramps).
I just thought I'd let u know my story.  I m/c @ 10 weeks in December of 2009 (blighted ovum), had a D&C.  Didn't get pregnant again until Oct 2010 (approx 10 months later) and just had to have another D&C Nov 17 (heartbeat stopped).  I know if u miscarry naturally u usually have no reason to wait (medically), but if u have a D&C you DO need to let that lining build back up (usually 1 month).  To the people who keep saying u should wait 3 or more months, ur crazy!  That's the time when ur most fertile! You can miscarry at any time, I waited over 9 months and still m/c.  I say wait at least one month if u had a D&C, and then go for it!!  Good luck to all!
wow, it really helps to read this stuff.

i'm an ancient 44-almost-45. only realized i really want kids late last year, and only got serious about it this june. i know, i know.

in june, realized my taking lots of advil (i have severe chronic pain after neck surgery 2 years ago, at least no longer on opiates!) was probably screwing with my ovulation even though my periods were spot-on normal/regular. cut out advil, have been on folic acid/prenatal vitamins for about a year now.

in july we missed ovulation days cuz he was travelling for business. in august, we did hit the right dates. in september, we were probably a day early due again to his travel cycle. (i've been doing ovulation prediction, bt and cm since may). in october, we hit the dates exactly right and repeated performance "correctly", but he was on levaquin for a bad chest cold, and we think that might've reduced his sperm count.

in november, we hit the date exactly right, 11/14. i should've had my period on 11/25, and did not. waited, extra thankful this thanksgiving...ran out on 11/28 and tested even though it was 8pm and the result was PREGNANT! haven't been so happy since...ever!

we had breakfast the next morning, and then i called my doc, who got me into the office at 4pm that afternoon. the office made me repeat the urine test, and they did it twice...it was negative. drew blood for betaHCG. called me the next morning, the blood result was negative too. as was my repeat home urine test. sad sad sad.

no pain, no nothing. felt like totally normal period by 12/2. (my doc said if i didn't have a period by 2 weeks later, i should come in for re-test, but period came just 3 days later.)

watching for all the signs and symptoms of ovulation again, so ready to try again. i know i don't have hardly any time left, and want so very badly to succeed!

thanks for the good thoughts of this community, it really helps to know that others go through this stuff. i also enjoyed reading that perhaps one is more fertile just after a m/c! (although i can't figure out why that might be.)
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would update and give a little inspiration...I just turned 40. I have one son 2 years old. I had a mc with d&C before him and one just in February 2010. We had to wait a few months unfortunately to get started again. Then I found out I had hypothyroidism. Not a problem, fixed it now but did hear this is probably why I miscarried the last time. I am now 10 weeks pregnant with twins! I am very excited, but very nervous. I heard both little heartbeats at 8 weeks and know this will be a good pregnancy but am still scared. Mostly because they say I am high risk because of the miscarriages, being 40 and having twins. I do the blood work and ultrasound for first trimester screening in 2 weeks. I am praying and hope everyone else will that my babies are healthy. There is hope for everyone out there...do  know that when trying when you are older there is that chance of twins...we never thought it would happen to us, but it did and it doesn't run in the family. Best of luck to everyone!
started miscarrying yesterday at 4.5 weeks.  when the bleeding started to happen i did not get any cramping.  then late last night mild cramping began, but had already been told by ER dr. that my levels were below 5. i am still bleeding, but feeling very nausteous and mild cramping still.  i feel like i want to throw up.  is it normal to feel sick to your stomach at this time?
we already have 4 wonderful children.  so i feel very blessed with them, but another child would have been welcome.

thank you for any insight you can give.
This site has really helped me, I miscarried last Thursday at almost 5 weeks, I was at work and was distraught. My fiance has also found this really hard to come to terms with but has been my rock and I don't think I could have got through without him.  We were so over the moon that we were pregnant and hadn't been trying for too long, to have it ripped away from us has been literally heartbreaking.  But, a lot of your comments on here are positive, there is still hope and we have proved that its all in working order.  I'm fighting with myself at the moment whether to start trying again straight away, my heart wants to but the advice as to when you should try again is confusing.  Every day gets easier and I think we will take it as it comes, what will be will be.  Good luck to you all x
I too have went through two miscarriages. First was last May and then again this January (took 7 months to get pregnant again). In the first one I had no symptoms at all I went for my first u/s and I was supposed to be 11 weeks- showing 7.  I ended up getting a D&C, after two sets of pills (self inserted) that didn't work, however, caused severe pain and cramping.  For all of you debating D&C or those pills (sorry don't remember the name) go for the D&C, it is much quicker and less painful.

My doctor also said to wait 3 months, however, I feel the couple will "know" when its time. The important part is that you are emotionally ready. I still had break-downs here and there 6 months later, however, I was ready.

I am now waiting for this miscarriage to end, and once again I am devastated but I know in due time our baby will come and I will finally get to see my husband hold his baby- and that's giving me the strength needed to get through each day!

Good luck to you all, I will try to post back as to when my next period comes or if I ovulate in between!
I thought I'd update with a happy note for all of you to see there is hope. I had two miscarriages, 1 healthy baby boy that is 2 and am now 40 and 4 1/2 months pregnant with identical twin baby girls. They are perfect right now and everyday I pray that they will come to me healthy so I can tell them how special they are to me. Each miscarriage for me was heartbreaking but this last one especially because I was 39 and worried about my age. Then found out I had hypothyroidism and the dr said I had a few concerns on my side; age, miscarriages, thyroid, identical twins...you name it. I feel that these babies were a gift back to me for the sadness I had to endure. There is hope for everyone...it's never over and your never too old. Good luck!
I hate I can relate to those on here. Its sad..We lost our baby 2 weeks ago (feb 6,11). I was 16 weeks prego. TOld it was a molar pregnancy. Very unlikly and yet no concern for it happening again. This was our 3 boy. We tried as soon as my hubby got back from Iraq. We actually went in for a 3D ultrasound to find out the sex before we started buying things with tax money...and there was no heart beat. Its every womans worst fear. There was nothing wrong with the first US on Jan 6, he was moving, kicking, and perfect. I had completly healthy and good pregnancies with my last 2. MY eldest is 7, was 10lbs 1oz, and my lil one is 14 months and 8lbs even. So this was like WTF?! The dr planned a DnC which devostated us, but thankfully, we actually passed him hours before the planned surgery! We were able to see him, and take pictures. We got him cremated so he can always be part of the family. He now sits on top of the fire place, in his little heart shapped Urn. It KILLS me...it may get easier to not think about 100% of the time, however when it is thought of or brought up...the pain is just as crushing! We miss you sweetpea...

We want to try asap. Dr said 6 months..but I wanna see why, and if we can sooner. My hubby leaves for Afgan this summer so 6 months would be to late. We actually havent been using anything the past few times. We figured we'd leave it up to God, since really...he calls the shots. Gotta have faith. Good luck all...and find that inner strength from your angel baby!!!
Well I m/c I'm guessing about 5 1/2-6 weeks day b4 thanksgiving but not knowing. I actually found out Jan 5, 2011 when the doctor called me with the blood result sayin my HCG levels had continued drop. My body didn't really push anything out so I was giving 6 little pills @ the ER on Jan 18 & again on the 27th cuz It didn't really work completely.(Omg talk about y me)...2 b honest we started tryin again rite away but I'm scared cuz b4 my pregnancy test r still positive becuz my levels were never @ 0 b4 we started back. So I don't know how 2 feel
@ my next doctor visit becuz of my levels never being @ 0. So I'm hoping for good news & good health.
I have a 6 month old perfectly healthy baby girl! She was born August 23rd.  4 months later my husband and I conceived again on December 27th. On Monday, February 21st I had a quick set of cramping and began bleeding. I freaked out(my 1st pregnancy never bled, no morning sickness, no nothing) and called my doctor.  Had an ultrasound on Tuesday morning and baby was measuring at 6weeks and 2 days and had heartbeat of 72bmp. According to my schedule and cycles I was supposed to be 8weeks and 4 days. And I knew from personal knowledge that the babys heartbeat should have been well over 100bpm. The doc didn't seem that concerned and said i "probably ovulated later than I thought."  Bull Crap!  I know my body and I wrote down when I ovulated. We went home and I rested. The bleeding continued to get heavier and the pain/cramps got extremely painful. Went into the clinic again on Friday, February 25th and baby was measuring 6weeks and no heartbeat. We decided to do a natural miscarriage.  Saturday was the most horrific experience ever! I woke up suddenly with gushes of blood everywhere. I went into the shower and sat for two hours as I wept with each passing egg-sized clot. After about 6 hours of extreme pain, bleeding, and passing 4 huge clots/tissue and what I thought was the baby, everything subsided.  The pain was gone, the cramps were gone, and the blood became less heavy. My husband and I needed to get out of the house, so we went to a restaurant.  In the parking lot on the way to the restaurant, I felt something fall out of me....again. I ran to the bathroom as quick as I could. It was the little baby in the placenta. It had a little head and body and was covered with the placenta. I sat in the bathroom of the restaurant sobbing for thirty minutes just staring at what was supposed to be my little miracle. Just when i thought everything was over that morning, it all started over again.           Ladies! Your babies are not dead! They are all alive and well in the arms of Jesus! Even though you cannot hold your little babies in your arms now, you will hold them in heaven!!  My faith in God, friends and family have/are continuing to help me through this crisis. Every day gets a little better. Just think: our babies were too beautiful for earth so they are angels in Heaven! My husband and I are going to continue trying to have another little brother or sister for our little girl so our family is complete. There is a reason for everything! Have faith in God.
hi girls i am 26 and never had a child (yet) about 5 weeks ago i found out i was pregnant and 3 days later i had a miscarrage (miscarriage).and no d&c i went to the hospital and my cervix was still closed but i did miscarry. my problem is i dnt know how far along i was. i hadnt had a period sence august of 2010 i did spot in dec. for 1 day thats it. its been 5 weeks sence i lost the baby and i was told by my gyno. that i can start trying right away and to take folic acid and prenatal vitamins to help it along. i took a test the other day and it showed a funny looking positive and the same a day before yesterday i have tryed feeling my cervix to see if it was open or closed and its closed. so maybe i am pregnant agian. well i wish everyone luck. oh yea i havent had a period sence i miscarried eather.good luck girls.
I want to thank you all for sharing your stories. After reading each one I could feel the pain and heartbreak and realized I was not alone.  I admired your strong attitudes and strive to be more like that. Hopefully I will gain a little more after sharing my story. After only a couple months of trying and each month still getting my menstrual cycle my husband and I decided that maybe this was not our time and we’d hold off a little longer to start are family. Then a week before my birthday in January 2011 I was at the mall and felt this horrific pain in my lower abdomen, it came out of nowhere. The pain did not go away and I immediately went home where I called my husband, whom at the time was out of town and told him what had happened and that I was also bleeding quite heavily. Bleeding between periods had never happened to me before and this amount of blood and degree of pain was not consistent with my menstrual cycle whatsoever. Extremely worried I called my gynecologist whom asked me if I could be pregnant, I told her no after all I just had my period only 2 weeks prior and they were “regular” every month before that as well. She told me that she thought I could possibly have a cyst on my ovary and scheduled me to come in the following morning unless of course the pain increased to go to the emergency room. As I sat at home I began to think to myself that some women in fact have their menstrual cycle the first few months of pregnancy but in the back of my mind I didn’t even consider me being pregnant to be a possibility, it was more of process of elimination I suppose. I went to the drug store and purchased two at home pregnancy test, luckily, because the first one didn’t even work! The second one however immediately came up positive. All of a sudden I got this terrible feeling of something wrong. I was a nervous wreck as I walked into the ER and after hours and numerous tests I was told I was in fact having a miscarriage. I couldn’t believe it, to find out only a few hours prior that I was pregnant (9 weeks) and now being told that it is being taken from me? To say the least I was an emotional wreck. I didn’t understand why this was happening, I mean I did everything right. It’s been a month a half since the miscarriage and I’ve had to do follow up appointments (Monitor my levels going down and so forth) and it’s still hard for me to see other woman pregnant. Not to mention it seems like every one of my friends are just finding out they are having a baby. I’m very happy and thrilled for each of them but at the same time I can’t help but feel a little bit envious and even a tad jealous because I wanted that so badly to be me.
I am sorry you had to go through not knowing you were expecting and then mc at 9 weeks. My husband and I were trying for a 2nd child and I also had severe cramps and then bleeding.  April 5th 2011 we mc and today april 15th we had sex with no protection.Went to the ER and found that the baby had no heartbeat. The 1st ultasound at 7 weeks showed a heart beat. I was devastated to know that the baby I carried for 12 weeks was no longer living inside me. That I was no longer going to be pregnant. Your story is inspiring to me. I also feel very sad to see and hear about others being prego. The Dr. says wait 1 month after my period and try again if we want. We have never used protection and dont plan to. If it is God's will he will give us another child. My body feels healed and we are both going to counseling. I would love to get pregnant again and hope to soon. God bless.
I was 10 weeks when I began miscarrying on March 19th, 2011. According to an u/s, the baby had died in the 6-7 week area and it took 3-4 weeks for the bleeding to start. it started as dark brown streaks and quickly turned to very large clots. The midwives said I would miscarry naturally. On April 3rd, I went to the ER with heavy bleeding that nearly made me pass out, along with so many large fist sized clots, they thought I was going to need a transfusion. They ran all sorts of tests, gave me fluid and determined no transfusion was necessary (thank god! - I had 5 with my C-section and then was on iron pills for 2 months. A total pain!) I went home with a round of cytotec to induce expulsion, but all it did was slow my bleeding. A week later, it happened again and we went back to the ER. This time they decided I was getting towards the end of things as my Hcg was going down rapidly. Midwives and Drs. still thought a natural miscarriage was in the works, so no D&C. I *JUST* stopped bleeding last weekend (April 30, 2011). I am still getting little bits of blood and some tan blood when I wipe in the morning, and still wearing a pad, but, it looks like I'm finally done. I never did have ANY cramping with this miscarriage. I have a healthy 16 month old son, and had a big ER bleed with him when I was 6 weeks along. I do not know if it's just the way my uterus works, or if both things have been total flukes... Regardless, we would like to try again as soon as possible. I don't know when I will ovulate, and I'm not going to keep track. I'm just going to wing it. No pressure. I know I can get pregnant, so I think I'm just going to see how long it takes. My only wonder is - should I treat the extra long bleeding as just a drawn-out miscarriage, or was there possibly a period at the end of that? I am not sure how this all works. They said to wait one full cycle, but, what's the point of buying a box of condoms for a month, or not having any sex until after my next period? Besides, the thought of waiting to start bleeding again makes me angry all over again. How long do you think it will take? Does miscarriage do anything wacky to your body? Does it matter, really, if we wait a cycle or start now? Will my ovulation be the same pattern as it was before and after my son's birth? My son was conceived after 2 months of trying, and the last pregnancy took place after 2 weeks of trying. We are pretty fertile, it seems.
I Have had 3 miscarriages very devasted the first sept 2009 about 8weeks very painful bleed about 2weeks with no d/c the second was oct 2010 about 4weeks bleed for about a week wiith no  pain the 3 may 2011  5weeks some pain bleed about a week in half and doing those times when i got pregnant it will be just before me and my partner gets back together so i will say im very fertile it actually doesnt takes me long to get pregnant its just that i cant seem to carrie my pregnancy long enough to birth which makes me very sad and think will i be able to have kids my last m/c was a month ago and i have been getting it on since to hope to concieve (conceive) again and soon as possible but i am not seeing a doctor h says wait intil they ran testing to figure out why i always m/c but i have already been trying since! so idnt know if i should stop right away or just continue but i do not wanna m/c again.....and i am 20 i had my first m/c since then and every since it seems i get pregnant every year or atleast every 6months without trying.....so what are my chances of becoming pregnant and actually holding it till birth! with asthma that i have? can anyone relate to this and give me answer.....THANK YOU
hi, firstly would like to say sorry for ur loss i know how u feel as ive jus miscarried at 6wks also, had light bleeding to spotting so went to dr's & had some HCG tests done one was high & 2nd test had dropped so far :(( but didnt know i had miscarried at first til i got the results when dr told me he said i think u have miscarried but couldnt properly tell me & said come back in 2wks??? so confused wit his answer so if i get my period back in 2wks i wil try & get pregnant again wit my bf, i am 32yrs
I was 7 wks when I begun to have a brownish discharge. I knew something wasn't right and went to the hospital straight away. They said that there was nothing they could do if I were to mc but it was normal to have some sort of discharge early in preg but as the day went on they brown turned pinker and demanded a scan which my local gp organized straight away. I then found my baby had no heartbeat (even though everything was perfectly fine 5 days earlier at my very first scan) I am devastated and so very sad. This was my first preg with my partner. Now I am worried I'll never get another chance. I fell in love with the idea of being preg so I'm hoping I can fall preg very soon. I am bleeding like a normal period although I know my little baby isn't alive and will pass through is disturbing and utterly devastating. I just wish I wasn't apart of the statistic but it helps to know I'm not alone. Worst part was telling my family and close friends, who were so very excited at the preg, that I had lost it. this world can be such a cruel place.
I recently miscarried.  It was the worst timing in the world.  I started bleeding as I was throwing my sister a baby shower.  She is a doctor, and told me not to worry, but I went to the OBGYN the next day, did a scan and saw nothing more than the previous time, checked my blood, and came out low on progesterone.  It was the hardest thing I've ever been through.  I took the pill the following saturday to get it over and done with--that was the day before my sister's second baby shower.  the next day, still bleeding, i went to her second baby shower.  other pregnant women were there.  i cannot explain how horrible i felt--how cheated by life, and the self-doubt and loathing.  but i am trying to find comfort in the thought that everything happens for a reason, and that this was just a one-off situation.  i think this happens to so many women--many who don't ever talk about it--and we cannot single ourselves out.  my husband and i are now just living our lives, loving each other, and doing things as we would do normally--we're not giving this time a label--like trying or not trying--and just letting nature, and my body, take their course.  i hope one day we'll all find peace with this and ourselves, and go on to have lovely families.
i had a m/c when i was like 1 week same week i found out i was prego i had a m/c. i got sad but i finish my first period n abt to start trying again. good luck
just had miscarriage this week...should have been 7 weeks pregnant but HCG levels were very low...therefore the miscarriage.  Thankfully we never did see a hearbeat or anything like that.  The scan actually didn't show anything at all...all those yucky symptoms for nothing....we are trying to see it as a blessing in discuise and better at the 7 weeks than much later on.  Still very tough to get thru and the cramping and emotional rollercoaster is rotten.  Will just have to be patient now for bleeding to stop and ovulation to start(which can be days from miscarriage from what I have read)  If it weren't for tough women like all of us there wouldn't be any happy beautiful babies in this world with mommies who would do anything to bring them here...one day at a time ladies
I was almost 7 wks by LMP (first pregnancy and waited for for a long time, as I'm in my late 30's and been married for 11 years) when I started to have continuous slight lower abdominal pain and dark brown discharge. I thought that was just normal and ordinary. (I had an U/S 3 days prior [09.24.2011], and revealed 4 wks 2 days gestational sac, no heartbeat was appreciated "yet", and the sac was located in the middle upper of the uterus. In short, it was read as bleeding became heavier, thick, and dark, dark red in color.  I couldn't normal. I was happy!) So, the pain that night became a great deal and sleep and couldn't find a comfortable position whether to sit or to lie, other than standing still leaning.We went to the ER the following morning, sent to DR to be examined, and they found out I was bleeding inside with lots of big clots and fresh blood. They did an U/S again and revealed more clots inside and the sac has descended. The doctor said to hope for a chance because the sac was still there; but if it won't be viable, I'll treat it as a regular menses as it will expell what's left inside (natural miscarriage). They sent me home after, No other tests done or advice given. I have to wait a week or 2 to undergo another U/S to make sure there's nothing left inside. I was told that my menses will get back to normal after a month or a month and a half.  It's has been almost 3 days now, I'm still having mild to moderate intermittent pain and bleeding of minimal to quite heavy. Yesterday, I noticed a thin strip of meat-like matter with fresh and small clots of blood after I urinated; and as of tonight as I'm writing this, I had it again twice. This time, much bigger strips. I'm still having pain. I'm planning to switch and consult another OB/GYN, as I am not confident with my current. I need to know if I need to be D&C'd or if there are tests/examinations to be done. I need to get ready for my next pregnancy if ever.
EDITED: sorry something went wrong up there.

I was almost 7 wks by LMP (first pregnancy and waited for for a long time, as I'm in my late 30's and been married for 11 years) when I started to have continuous slight lower abdominal pain and dark brown discharge. I thought that was just normal and ordinary. (I had an U/S 3 days prior [09.24.2011], and revealed 4 wks 2 days gestational sac, no heartbeat was appreciated "yet", and the sac was located in the middle upper of the uterus. In short, it was read as normal.I was happy!) So, the pain that night became a great deal and sleep and couldn't find a comfortable position whether to sit or to lie, other than standing still leaning. The bleeding became heavier, thick, and dark, dark red in color.  We went to the ER the following morning, sent to DR to be examined, and they found out I was bleeding inside with lots of big clots and fresh blood. They did an U/S again and revealed more clots inside and the sac has descended. The doctor said to hope for a chance because the sac was still there; but if it won't be viable, I'll treat it as a regular menses as it will expell what's left inside (natural miscarriage). They sent me home after, No other tests done or advice given. I have to wait a week or 2 to undergo another U/S to make sure there's nothing left inside. I was told that my menses will get back to normal after a month or a month and a half.  It's has been almost 3 days now, I'm still having mild to moderate intermittent pain and bleeding of minimal to quite heavy. Yesterday, I noticed a thin strip of meat-like matter with fresh and small clots of blood after I urinated; and as of tonight as I'm writing this, I had it again twice. This time, much bigger strips. I'm still having pain. I'm planning to switch and consult another OB/GYN, as I am not confident with my current. I need to know if I need to be D&C'd or if there are tests/examinations to be done. I need to get ready for my next pregnancy if ever.
I had a blighted ovum (empty sack) last year in June 2010. I was 9 weeks when we found out...had a DC.
We started trying after 1 cycle but didnt get pregnant till December 2010...that lasted 9 weeks also but the fetus didn't grow past 6 weeks....That DC was in February 2011....then got pregnant 3 months later in May 2011. There was a baby...12 week scan was perfect...and then BAM!! at the 19 week ultrasound found our baby boy had spina bifida and fluid in the brain. so I had to give birth to him just 2 weeks ago. I've been checking my hcg with pregnancy tests and just today they came back negative, so hopefully i'll get my period and then start trying again. I am very sad this happened but I know we can conceive, and it's just a matter of getting the right time for the baby that we are meant to have :) I'm a very positive person, so i'm going to keep trying till I get myself a baby!!!
Hi. My bleeding had stopped more than a week ago, no more cramping or pain. I already found an OB doctor whom I am more confident consulting with and whom I feel I can ask anything about pregnancy, who advises me/informs me everything I need to know about, and who is not dismissive; who has passion and compassion for her profession and for her clients, which I think are very important between doctor-client relation.

My doctor recommend a hematology study at my first visit for I looked quite pale she said. So, I went for a lab drawn right 3 days after.

Oct. 7, 2011, I went to her again for my hematology reading which revealed a slight abnormal result. I am quite anemic...(and underweight when she checked on me). She prescribed iron supplement and healthy foods, as in healthy foods; and also recommended an ultrasound.

Last Sunday (Oct.9, 2011),  I started  to feel feverish and having some right-sided low abdominal pain which I think I am ovulating for I noticed some sticky egg white-like discharge on my panty sheilds, or when I urinate and wipe.  But then, I know we can't try it this time because my doctor said we have to wait "at least" one cycle after my miscarriage. It's fine...  :).

Today (Oct. 11, 2011), I am going to have a trans-V U/S so my doctor can check if anything has left inside; and if so, I have to undergo D&C... but I am praying and hoping there's no need for the procedure as I feel it all came out!...Please, Lord...

Til nex time...Have a good day! everyone!
hi i was in the same boat also had a miscarrage (miscarriage) at around 5wk 5days on the 7th oct  but im now testing neg 9 days later is this normal ? can anyone help with this is it normal or shud it be postive still ? as iv hear orbeen told so many dif things that it will be neg and of others that theres wa pos for weeks arrrrr help
I m/c 9-4-11 I was 22wks 6days and it was a lil boy which we named matthew, he was still born. Do to a compromised cervics. I guess my question is when is it okay to get preagnant agein. We would really like to try agein in about 3-4 months...anyone with advice please comment back...
Minxy332, I miscarried 10-29, Went to the doctor on 10-31, He said that as soon and my levels were all back to 0 and I showed a negative test, everything was good to go and I could try again. Hope Everything works out for you!
I am sorry for all yals loss.. :( I had a m/c about three weeks ago I was 6 weeks i was heart broken at first bc I really wanted a baby...... But everything is fine and I want to try again badly but I dont know how long after a m/c I can, I forgot to ask my doctor lol that wasnt the first on my mind... I hope yall alll the best as to myself !!!!!!!
We had a sono Monday and learned that there may be something abnormal.  She saw fluid on my fillopian tube but also saw somthing in my uterus.  I measured about 5 weeks.  Tuesday we learned that my hcg levels were very low but still had hope that I was just very early in the pregnancy.  Wednesday morning I started bleeding and cramping and knew that I was losing the this baby as I have had 2 miscarriages in the past.  I learned Thursday that my levels had dropped even lower conferming the miscarriage which I will pass naturally.  My husband and I are so devistated as well as my 10 yr old daughter.  We just got married and we are still young but I would like to have our next baby very soon because my daughter is not getting any younger.  The nurse said that we can start trying again as soon as the bleeding stops which I would love to do but we will try to wait until I visit the doctor in Nov the 21st for a check up just to make sure that there is nothing we can do to prevent another miscarriage.    I am so scared that the miscarriage was caused by my past history with pregnancies and other unhealthy choices I have made.  I will surely be praying for all of you...though heart broken and scared we are very hopful that we will get a healthy baby at the perfect time!  Love to all!!
I had a mc about 2 wks ago I was around 5 wks all natural no D&C bleed for 8 days then the following week that Sunday we started trying again. Idk if I'm am or not but my fingers are crossed! I had an ectopic back in June which needed surgery then 3m later found out I was pregnant again just to miscarry it was very sad for me and my husband but we want a baby so bad so we're gonna keep trying ;) baby dust to everyone!
Stay positive, Smiles! I know it's not always easy to smile when things aren't going your way. I've had 2 miscarriages in the past 3 months, one in mid Sept. at 7 weeks and one at the end of Oct. at 4 weeks. I got pregnant the second time the first ovulation after the miscarriage, I ovulated exactly 4 weeks after I started bleeding, and if it's 4 weeks this time again, that'll be this weekend. My husband and I decided that we will wait until January to try again, but I'm wondering if we even need to wait. I didn't need a D/C for either. Hopefully the 3rd one sticks for you and me both Smiles77! :)
Well they say 3rd times the charm ;) so fingers crossed! I've been having cramping feel, nasisated, and tird but my mind could be playing tricks on me! I'm trying not to think about it but it's hard ya no!
I had a miscarriage at 3 1/2 weeks back in Aug. 2009. Bleed a few days, lighter than a normal period. Got pregnant the next month with a healthy baby boy. I never got a period after my miscarriage. Good luck getting pregnant again. Sorry for your losses. It will happen before you know it.
I was told that the risk will be there whether you wait or not!! I had my third m/c on 12/4 and my husband and I were told to wait a few months before we tried again...which is not what I wanted to hear! We both think that I might be pregnant again, not even a full month later. God knows what's best for us...as he knows what's best for you all!!! Good luck to all of you, stay strong, and Happy new year!!!!
I've been sifting these sites for a long time hoping I could eventually add some good news but unfortunately I cannot. I had a m/c on October 1st at 6 weeks and my OB told me I could start trying immediately, which we did. I had my next period 46 days later. I tried again using OVK, but got my period 38 days later, ovulating on day 25. I then ovulated on day 11, which is extremely odd or me, and I tested at 14dpo with a negative. I'm wondering if I'm actually ovulating or if the OVKs are wrong. I'm 25, very healthy, with what used to be a very reliable 28/29 day cycle. We have been trying for 7 months now. I just don't know what to do- would it be too early for me to speak to a doctor?
I do not think you should try to conceive yet. It is better to wait until you've had a period. I just experienced two miscarriages in a row, and I worry that it was because we didn't wait.
I know your post is years old, but I was so touched by your story after experiencing a miscarriage this week myself, but with the belief that God is in control and I will have another chance..... So just wanted to find out what happened to you and if you and your DH went on to have a baby or perhaps even twins? :)  Blessings to you!
I received an update on this site and looked back to the last time I posted. With happiness and sadness I looked at my post. It was in Feb 2011, when I was 5 months pregnant with identical twin girls after 2 miscarriages and 1 healthy boy. I was so happy (Although very nervous) to be having 2 little girls to add to our family. 1 month later I began having lots of pain. Long story short I found out I had Twin-Twin transfusion. My girls were in critical condition. On March 22 my husband and I went to the Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia to hopefully have a procedure called laser ablation. They said we were a 5 on a 6 scale, 6 meaning we would lose both babies. They did the procedure that night at 5pm. There was a chance I would lose 1 or both but if I did nothing I would lose both probably within days. The next morning, my 1 little girl died. I still remember that feeling, I wish I would have died. If it wasn't for that dr who told me I had to fight every moment of this pregnancy to keep my other baby alive, I probably would have lost her. I was on strict bedrest for a week and then resting for the rest of my pregnancy. They gave her a fair chance of living through this with a most definite chance of needing heart surgery right after and having to deliver in Philly. To fast forward through this long painful story, Aimee Grace came 2 weeks early and is perfect. She is now 7 months and in perfect health. She needed no surgery. I do believe that without her sister passing, we would have lost both and I am sure it would have been even harder to deal with. I will never forget my little girl, but know she gave her life for my little Aimee. It is very close to the time when this all happened 1 year ago. I hope some day the pain will subside and I can just look at my family with happiness. I wish everyone on this site luck and happiness. I am truly blessed, even with the hardship I had to endure. Good Luck!
I just want to know how to deal with a miscarriage.. I had a miscarriage on feb 13, 2012 I was only 5 weeks preg. but I had been trying for many years to have a baby and this preg. was a tatol surprise never even expected I had gotten pregnant I even thought I couldnt have any babies.  But now Im so confuse on how to feel and every one tells me every thing happenes for a reason but I cant understand those resons and I feel like no one around me understands how I feel.
I am very sorry for your loss. I think people say everything happens for a reason because there is NO good reason to lose a child, no matter how early. I do believe that if it's meant to be it will happen. I had two miscarriages and lost a twin and still wonder why and how I will get through it. But every day gets better and you need that one person to help pull you through. This seems like a sign of hope! You are in my prayers.
Hi Abi,

I'm new to this forum thing and have been reading this page for awhile. I've read your message and felt I should reply.

I've been typing you a message of my story to help you feel not alone and I've just burst into tears so I'm sorry the story wont be shared but know that you can feel any way you want. Friends say 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger', 'It's wasn't meant to be', 'When it's right it'll happen'... now you and I both know all that and appreciate their support and encouragement but I've never ovulated. I've been told I'm infertile, I honestly thought I couldn't not have a baby and to find out that I am pregnant (about 5 weeks) and that there is no heartbeat all within 90mins, I'm devasted! Boo to you and you words, I want to feel very upset. Because I am.

I want you to know that you are not alone. I don't know where in the world you are but we're on the same planet and that counts to know we can be upset and happy together.

I'm not telling you how to feel, I'm saying you should feel what ever you feel and embrace those feelings. My husband is too very upset and we talk a lot. It's OK to be confused. I'm still in shock (it happened 4 days ago) and I can tell you confusion, unfairness and loss are just the first three feelings that come to mind.

I send you big big big hugs and love and light and really hope this helps x Just know you do what is best for you and you look after you so when the next time comes around you're healthy, happy and ready x I know I need to look after myself now. (stress is the worst. don't allow it in.)

xxx Love ECOD xxx
PS Love to all of you out there too x I'm sorry and thank you for sharing, it's helped x
Is it true that after a miscarriage you are more fertile than before?? I had m/c on April first n we kept trying soon after that. I'm now 14 days late for my period but all the pregnancy test I have recently taken are negative.  Could it be that I ovulated late or what could it be ???
Viewing 1-200 comments: