Maternal & Child Community
drop in hcg levels possible miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

drop in hcg levels possible miscarriage

I found out that I was pregnant on Thursday the 26th of June. Two days before that I was bleeding, it was not heavy at all, actually it was not light but it was not heavy, anyhow, I told the ob nurse that had called me to tell me about the test, and she said that usually if I have more than one episode of bleeding, then they have me take a HCG level test, but she said that since I have had a PID before then she wanted me to go in, and so I did and the results for the first test was at about 40,000. Then the second one was decreased and to about 36,000. So I went in for an ultrasound and they said that my baby had not fully developed and that I was having a "missed abortion", but I have not had any cramping or any bleeding since my light episode before thursday. Also, they said that the baby was the size of a grain of rice and I'm wondering if you can already see the heartbeat, because they said that my baby did not and that is how they determined that it was dead, so I am just wondering what you all think, if you all think that the baby is also dead or not, and I also want to know if anyone has ever been in the same situation as I have been and then went back for a second u/s and it was healthy. I just really need some kind of hope to hold on to. Thanks.
I think it has happened to a coupleof ppl. How far along are you? Itseems that the baby would be way to small for them to tell if it had a heartbeat...
I'm not sure and they did not tell me either, but I think maybe 4 weeks to about a month.
I meant 4 weeks to a 6 weeks.
I agree with the other person. Sounds like it was to small to see a heart beat. I had a scan at 8 weeks and we could see the heart beat, not sure how early you can see it on a us.
From want Ive read a lot of people have bleeding, I had a small amount at 8 weeks but I thought for a miscarriage you would have some cramping.
I know it would be hard but you might just have to wait a couple of weeks and go and have another us. I hope this gives you a little but of hope. All the best and think positive.
Take care and let us know how you get on
Thanks to the both of you, I've been an emotional rollercoaster ever since I found out that I was pregnant, I am hoping for the best and that my baby is healthy.  Thanks you both.
Hi there,
Just a word of encouragement and hope for you. I went in at 6 weeks and they could not detect a fetus let alone a heart beat. I then had discharge-like spotting without cramps, and my HcG levels did not double as they should have. However, at my ultrasound this week they saw the fetus and little heart pumping away and everything was ok! Praise God! 4-6 weeks is just too early. Hang in for at least 10 more days and then request a vaginal ultrasound. The heart does not start beating until 6 weeks I believe, give or take a couple of days. I have read that if bleeding is enough to soak a maxi pad in one hour, or if the blood is bright red, with cramping, that is cause for concern. Other than that it seems that most people experience spotting or discharge the first few months.
I pray that things go well for you and that you get peace of mind as you wait.
Take care!
Thanks so much she shrink that really helps and it really gives me the comfort that I need.  Thanks, now the hard part is waiting.  Thanks a lot. God bless you all.
The post by Sheshrink really made me feel better too, as I'm dealing with slow rising HCG levels.  Can you tell us how long your HCG levels took to double or the rate of increase, Sheshrink?

Thanks!
Hi there...I am not sure how long it took my levels to double but they were 22,000 the first time and about 23,500 48 hours later. I have read that the numbers start to taper off around 9 weeks, and that the 48 hour rule only applies when you are below a certain number. I think if you are above 10,000 or so it takes 72 hours to double, but remember, if you are close to 9 weeks they start to level out and will not necessarily double. Also, I have read that the ultrasound is much more informative and reliable than the HcG numbers.Good luck ladies! Keep us all posted.
Well you gals all have rising HCG levels, mine actually decreased, has anyone ever had decreasing levels of HCG and then had a perfectly healthy fetus, or has anyone's hcg levels decrease then increase again? thanks for all the comments.
I recently had to go to the emergency room because I had a couple cramps and a small amount of bleeding.  The blood was not bright red and there were two sharp pains.  The blood was not even enough to fill a pad a day.  It wasn't even enough to fill one pad.  When I spoke to the doctors after they had done the exam and vaginal ultrasound they both agreed and told me that my cervix was closed and that there was no sign that the baby was trying to come out.  They said that everything looked good for now and that I should have some blood drawn to check my hcg levels.  They were at 25126 and I only found out that I was pregnant last week and when I initially found out, my levels were at 4041.  I am supposed to go back on Saturday to have my blood drawn again and I am worried.  One of my friends had her period or at least thought that's what it was but she had bleeding and cramping with all three of her children and she has two healthy babies and one two months from delivery.  Has anyone ever heard of anything similar?
Well my sister in law has cramps when she is pregnant, they get really bad to the point where she has to stay in bed, but she had a healthy baby boy, and she is still expecting, and she says that it is normal for her family, all her sisters get cramps when they are pregnant. However the bleeding she does not get, she only gets the cramps.  If your HCG levels are still going up then I suppose that it is okay.
One of my friends sister had her period with her child all throughout her pregnancy. It was like a regular normal period. And he's now 10 years old and smart so if thedoc says that your ok then I would trust the doc. And when i was preg with my 2nd one I bleed a little bit around 5 weeks and went  to the emergancy room. They had to do a vaginal ultra sound but they could barely see the heartbeat, I never did see it but I just took it with a grain of salt and she's now 4 1/2 going on 13. I hope that you do well and that everything is ok.
thanks, still waiting for the second u/s on Monday, I had to reschedule because if my baby is okay I didn't think that 1 week and a half would really make that big of a difference.
Hello everyone.  I'm in my 7th week and had some bleeding.  When I was examined, my doc said that my uterus was closed, and my Hcg levels were high (58,000).  2 days later (Friday)  my blood level is now 50,000.  I have been spotting intermittently since the initial episode 2 days ago and I'm concerned.  I have a test scheduled Monday and u/s tuesday.  What is your opinion on this.  I am very anxious and just want someone to give me some factual info.  Do you know of anyone who has experienced this.
i had my son at 31 weeks gestation (7 weeks early) in the beginning my hcg levels would go up and down quit frequently. the only thing that really worried me was in the 5th month my son started to drop in the birth canal i was on strict bedrest. my docter gave me terbutilene to stop the cotractions i starting having at 25 weeks. i had a healthy baby boy 5-8-03. he was a little small but was very healthy 4pounds 3 ounces. good luck with your pregnancy i am sure everything is fine i will keep all of you in my prayers keep your head up your baby can sense your stress.
I'm around 5 weeks pregnant.  My HCG levels were drawn and were at 3,000.  Two days later the HCG level rose to 6,041.  My OB wanted to do another HCG to make sure the levels continued to rise, so the test was repeated again.  I found out yesterday that the HCG level dropped back to 3,000 rather than doubling.  He says that I can expect a miscarriage.  My heart dropped.  I don't feel any different, and if anything, I feel just as fatigued, and light-headed as I've been feeling.  No nausea, but no spotting or cramping either.  Did anyone else experience a drop like this in the beginning and everthing still turn out alright?  Also, I'm RH-.  He wants me to go in on Monday for the Rho-gam injection planning on miscarriage to take place.  I'm a little apprehensive considering I'm experiencing no signs of miscarriage yet.  Has anything like this happened to anyone?  Any advice?  Thanks ladies!!!!
I went to the doctor on the 30th of July because I spotted a tiny bit just one time. They checked me and said that everything was fine but I requested that my HCG levels be checked because I was not feeling the same as I did in a previous pregnancy.  My levels were 4035 and then two days later 4015.  The doctor said I am going to miscarry.  I was five weeks at the time and still have not miscarried.  How long does it take.  Is a miscarrage (miscarriage) for sure?  I am now six weeks.
Did you miscarry? Or is everything still ok? I am 5 weeks and have had light spotting but still feel pregnant. HCG levels have dropped. Just wondering how things turned out with you?
I'm also wondering how everything turned out? I had light spotting for 1/2 a day at the start of the week and had my hcg levels tested and they have dropped about 1000 (from 42,000) over the 48hrs.
I'm 11 weeks today...
Any updates?  I'm a little over 3 weeks pregnant and my HCG levels dropped from 670 to 621 and they drew blood again today, but won't have those results until Monday.  He's going strictly by blood because it's too early to see anything on the u/s.  Keep us posted.
I thought I was 4 weeks pregnant and have been spotting so went to the dr. Hcg were done and say I am 6-8 weeks... On Tuesday levels were ok then Friday they have almost halved and bleeding now not just spotting. Not much blood still. Not enough to fill a pad in a day. The dr sent me straight to hospital though to see if they would do a d&c. They had a quick look and am not sure if I am actually miscarrying but believe I will at any moment. They also said that my cervix is slightly dialated. Now I have to wait until Monday to have test done again to make sure they are dropping and they will decide on what to do then. Has been a really emotional week with all the finding out I was pregnant, getting excited, being told bleeding is not right and then being told pretty much that I am miscarying. Good luck to you all. Hope yours works out fine.
ababy4us2
what wound up happening with you?  my situation sounds exactly like yours.  hope everything turned out well....
Just thought I would give a quick update. Monday test had also shown further drop in HCG levels. U/S on Tuesday showed nothing left in my uterus which is a good thing as my GP told me I would require a D&C. This pregnancy wasn't planned but now I feel like I want to be pregnant again asap! I am more clucky now than I have ever been and so is my partner so when my body is right again we might even start trying.
My story is similar to many of you. I found out that I was pregnant on 10th Sep. i was late by 5 days. My HCG level was 154. Then on 12th Sep HCG level dropped to 146 and today they are lower again to 124. I have been on progestrone supplement since the 10th. Now my nurse told me to discontinue as they expect a miscarriage or ectopic. I have to be back next week if I don't start my period. Any advice.. Has anyone continue with pregnancy even when HCG dropped in the initial weeks?

Hopeful
I am in your same shoes. I am 4 weeks, 3 days since LMP had a positive hpt 3 days before my period would have been due.(took 4) My first hCG level was 56 then 48 hours later 98 then today down to 75. I was told that maybe I lost a twin, they will re check levels on tuesday. I had 5 eggs ready to release so it is possible. I am trying to stay hopeful. being positive is the best thing any of us can do. Good Luck to everyone please keep us posted-good- or not so good news-  Thank you all for sharing your stories.
I am so glad I found this site -  found out I was pregnant on 9/14. I started to light bleed a little red the following day. I had a doctors appt. on Tues 9/18 and I was still lightly bleeding. The dr. did and internal, blood to check HCG, and an ultrasound which showed nothing. She told me I should worry b/c I shouldn't be bleeding. I returned two days later 9/20 and she said she saw a sac and that she was still worried that I had continued to bleed. The Hcg levels came back on she told me I was at 1000 and that was too low for 6 weeks. I just had an appt. today. She told me my HCG levels went from a 2200 to 1600. What I don't understand is that she originally tole me it was 1000 - And I would not forget that. In addition, she did a third ultasound and still say a sac and my cervix is closed. She took more blood and wants me to come back on Monday after she handed me a packet on "blighted Ovum"? Please give me some advice on any of these. did I lose the baby?
My God this is all too confusing!!! My heart is very heavy. I took an early hpt and it said positive. I was due for my period on 9/21. I missed my period and took another to make sure... that one was positive. On Monday the 24th I started to have slight cramps and bright red vlood. I went to the doctor and they said that I had alot of blood in my canal but the cervix was closed. I did not check my hcg levels because on Tuesday morning I took another htp and it came back negative, so I figured why pay for something I already know.

My mind and body are still in pregnancy mode. My boobs are still tingling and I get the occassional wave of nausea. I have been reading women can bleed and it doesn't always mean miscarraige (miscarriage). I bled for only one day (red) not filling many pads at all. I really only saw it when I wiped. Yesterday into today it has been brown spotting. (like left overs)

Any input?????
I am currently 7 1/2 weeks pregnant, in the last 2 weeks I have had 2 seperate episodes of spotting, nothing major, either time did not even fill a panty-liner.  I went to the ER, and both times they did not see anything on the ultra sound except a gestational sac, and my hcg levels went from 9,000 to 18, 000 in 5 days.  After the fifth day, they were checked again and they had declined to 17,000, the ultrasound only showing a small egg yolk.  At 6 weeks, and 5 days, I went back to the Dr., and my hcg level was almost 23,000, and the sonogram still only showed an egg sac.  It was a litte bigger, but the Dr. said it was starting to flatten out.  I am very confused and concerned.  I have to have my hcg levels checked again tomorrow, on Friday, and go back to the Dr.'s on Monday.  My Dr. said I would probably miscarry but I have had no more bleeding, and never any cramps.  Has any one seen your hcg levels drop and than go back up?  Or hs any one only seen a yolk sac at 7 1/2 weeks and everything was okay?   Thanks.
I am in a similar situation as all of the above.  This is my first round of IVF and I am currently 4 weeks pregnant.  The first HCG level was 14, and they told me it was too low and it's probably a biochemical pregnancy.  Went back 48 hours later and the level rised to 24, went back another 48 hours and the level rised to 59.6.  They told me that it's a positive pregnancy but wanted to check one more time to make sure that the level continues to double.  When I went back 2 days ago, the HCG level dropped to 43, and again they told me that it looks like a biochemical pregnancy where the baby just stops growing.  They kept me on all my meds, including the progesterone shots.  I am still having the same symptoms...nausea...headaches...tender breasts. I also have not been bleeding at all and hardly any cramping.  I'm just wondering, is it possible that I just lost one of the 3 embryos that they placed in the uterus? could there still be one child out of the three??  If anyone has been in the same situation please advise.  It's been a tough 5 months of medication/injections/blood tests and not to forget the emotional strain this has had on me.  It will be very difficult to go through it again.
Hope4Baby24, I will keep you in my thoughts!!!! I think the best person to aim those questions to would be your Dr. I know it is so hard waiting.... The wait is a form of torture, I sware it is.... Keep up your hopes!!!! Wishing you the best of Luck!!!!! Let us know how things turn out!
what day past transfer ws your hcg a 14?
I was 9 days post transfer and mine ws 27 - looking on line it looks like a 30-60 percent chance of success depending on what my numbers show tomorrow
My HCG test was first done 14 days post transfer, and the result was a low 14.1.
Well, when I went back yesterday for my test, the HCG level had dropped even further to 38.9.  I asked them if they were sure, and they said that any drop of 2 levels, is a non-viable pregnancy.  And that there is no chance that the baby would survive.  So they told me to stop all medications, including the progesterone, and that I should miscarry anyday now.
It's been a very tough 5 days since I got the bad news.  I will try to move on with my life now and just take a break.  Who knows? maybe i'll become a mom someday...
Thanks all for your support-
A loss is a loss at any stage. I am continuing to try again myself. I should know in about a week and a half. I am nervous as hell. I will be happy if it comes positive, but I will be quite nervous.... I hope I don't drive myself nuts with all of this back and forth....
I just went from 4355 to 3886 and was told I will miscarry.  You give me hope, please keep the board updated.  Good Luck
I had went to the doctor to check my HCG levels and it had only went up a little bit and when I had to go back it went back down.. They told me I would miscarry but I fill fine.... Has this every happen to anyone and did they have a healthy baby?
please let me know... ***@**** thanks so much for your time
I find myself looking for the same answers shop2yadrop. I had a miscarriage this past August at 10 weeks, and I'm currently pregnant at about 5 weeks. Yesterday morning I had a lot of  dark-brown discharge. It wasn't spotting, nor did I have cramps or back pain. So I called my doctor and went in for a blood test. The nurse called me this morning and told me My hCG levels went from 102,694 (last week) to 82,981 (yesterday). She said that it's still good and that it's normal for hCG levels to plateau or decrease at this time in my pregnancy.

Everything I've read online seems to lean more towards a miscarriage, but then again, everybody's different. I must also mention that I have PCOS, and that can be a possibility for my fertility issues.

I'm scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow morning so we'll know what's going on for sure. I'll come back and let you ladies know what happens. Hopefully together, we'll figure this thing out. Good luck to you all!

They say that "vanishing twin syndrome" can cause a temporary drop in HCG levels!
You know what's funny about that LosingMyMind, my husband just told me the same thing. Because my hCG levels are oddly high.
LOL, from what I've found...higher HCG levels can be indictive of multiples though it doesn't gaurantee it.  How far along are you and what were your levels?  
The doctor seems to think I'm 7 weeks, but according to us (hubby and I) we documented everything, from ovulation stick tests to days of possible conception. We think I'm about 5 weeks.
My hCG levels last week were 102,594.
Yesterday after the discharge scare I had, another lood test was done and my hCG levels dropped to 82,981.
are they going to do another blood draw in a couple of days?
I don't know, but I think that's a great question to ask tomorrow. I'd want one just for my own sanity. I should also mention that I had a miscarriage this past August. I was 10 weeks pregnant. I also have PCOS. Tomorrow couldn't come any sooner I tell ya!
So i guess id say im in the same situation. I found out 12/18 i was preg. on 12/22 i had a hcg and it was 100 something then 12/24 it doubled to 269 on 12/28 i woke up and wiped and had a orange brown ish spotting it was only in the morning then had a few dropes later that day i went to have a hcg again and it droped to 118. They told me to see my ob in the next couple days and it was a treatend miscarrage (miscarriage). So i have not spotted at all today. Does this always result in miscarrage (miscarriage)?
Not 100% of the time, though the chances for miscarraige (miscarriage) are higher than for not.  There have been numerous stories on here about women who's hcg has dropped only to rise again and be a healthy pregnancy.  Though that isn't the norm.  I would wait and go to your ob, see if they'll check your levels again...do an ultrasound.  
UPDATE: Turns out I'm not 5 weeks pregnant, but 13 weeks! (insert jawdropping smiley here). My husband and I were completely shocked! The reason why my hcg levels had dropped is because I'm now in my second trimester and it's normal for those levels to drop at this point. The baby is fine and very active.
The nasty dark-brown discharge I had is just some old blood. My fertility doctor told me it was normal. He suggested that I take it easy for a while and not do anything that would strain me.
Cyndiem, I would  continue to monitor your discharge, and see if they can get you in asap for an ultrasound.  Your situation doesn't always result in a miscarriage. Be hopeful and best wishes to you!
I found out I was pregnant on Feb 8th by taking a hpt..i went to the dr on feb 11th and they told me I was about 4 1/2 to 5 weeks preg at that time.  I scheduled my first prenatal vist for 3/18 at that time my HCG levels were at 18075 two days later they were at 14431...my dr said based on the vaginal u/s it only appears that i was 5 1/2 weeks preg on 3/18.....I am very confused at this point.  she stated I could have miscarried at this time but she is not 100% sure.  I am scheduled for more bloodwork on friday and again on Monday.....based on what i have read it is still possible that i can be pregnant and the baby will be just fine.  I have to wait until 4/4 for another vaginal ultrasound.  The wait is killing.  Does anyone have any advice. or know of any similar situations?
Need answers...My last period was on Jan. 16th. I tested positve twice on Feb. 12th (at home) and then again Feb. 18th (clinic). I had an ultrasound on March 25. Expecting to be almost 10 weeks already, I showed 5 weeks 6 days on the u/s. The Dr. drew blood to check my HCG levels. Two days later, I was checked again. My levels went from 39,876 to 32,921. I was told to return on Monday HCG testing again. I had the same thing happen about 18 months ago and I miscarried. This time, I feel fine, no cramping, or bleeding. Is there a chance that I can have a healthy pregnancy if I give it a little time and see if maybe my levels just might go back up? Any feed back would sure help. Has anyone ever had dropping levels and then ended up having a healthy baby? The wait is killing me...
I started out with low hcg....1st test 10.3...2nd test 22.6.....3rd I got the devastating call that my numbers has dropped drastically at 6 wks...i was told to stop my progestorone.....and I should look for my cycle in a couple of weeks...no cramps...no bleeding...no nothing....man this is tough....this is second IUI...and first time I've been this close.....any thoughts
On 4/13 took a hpt and it was positive, 4/14 went to clinic had hgc levels taken and it came back at 40, went for the second one today 4/17 and the level dropped to 30 and the nurse told me I would likely miscarry, I have to go back in on 4/21 to confirm the numbers are going down.  However, I have had no cramping, spotting or bleeding.  Is it possible that the numbers could go up?  Now I just feel like I'm waiting for this to happen and when will it happen and for how long.  Any thoughts or advice anyone?  
I went to the Dr. on Monday april 14th and had an u/s that looked great. we did hcg because my last pregnancy ended in miscarriage. My first hcg was 23000 and it dropped to 3000 in two days. This seems impossible. I still have signs of pregnancy and I have had no cramping or bleeding. has anyone ever heard of inacurrate blood test. It doesn't seem possible to drop that much in 2 days.
Wow!  Although going through this is one of thoe most devastating things I have ever experienced it is nice to know that I am not alone.  My hcg numbers last week were 4/15 - 35 and then they were 81 two days later.  We were estatic!  Then on Monday I had the feeling something was wrong so I went in for another hcg test.  It came back as 174.  My RE was not impressed with that number so I had another one two days later (yesterday) and it went down to 149.  The doctor is now telling me that it is a miscarriage and that I should be having a heavy period anytime soon.  I have had no spotting of any kind and still feel very pregnant.  This waiting came is even worse than the 2 week wait after ovulation!  I will be going in the morning to get tested again.  I feel so out of control and I hate it.  My thoughts are with you all!!

Pam
Hi, I have one son ( who will be 3 in June) and that pregnancy was perfect and no problems at all, even conceiving.  Then in Oct 2006 we found out that we were pregnant again.  Went to the Dr. at my 9 wk sono appt and they couldn't find a heart beat.  I wasn't having any signs or symptons of a miscarriage.  I was scheduled for a D & C the next day.  Then we waited 3 months before trying again and were trying for over nine months, and nothing.  I tracked my period (very irregular)  and went to the Dr. for assistance with conceiving.  He took blood to ck my progest. level and they were real low.  So he figured I wasn't ovulating.  So the next two months (Feb- March) I was put on Clomid (50- 100mg) and progest. level ckd.  Feb my levels didn't really rise and sono showed I will be ovulating (but didn't) but in March the progest. level was very high, sono showed a very high probablity of me ovulating.  Beginning of April 2008 the u/s of my ovaries ( day 3 of cycle ) showed a cyst on the left ovary.  The Dr. had another u/s done on day13 of cycle and the cyst was still there or disappeared.  They prescribed me B/C for the month of May.  Well, I was 2 days late ( never took B/C) and took 2 hpt and they came back positive.  Went to the Dr. today for blood test, and they said that the progest. level was low 20.8 (borderline) and the quanative levels were low too.  I am suppose to go back Friday again for the same tests.  LMP was on April 2 and was told I was almost 4.5 wks pregnant.  Could it just be too early in the pregnancy and is that why I have low scores?  Please help I am so SCARED of another miscarriage!!!  I will let everyone know what happens Friday.
Well, I went back four day later and my levels almost tripled.  I was @ 527 on Monday May 6 and on Friday I was @ 2987.  So, they said everything looks promising.  Except that they don't think I am as far along as I believe I am.  I find that kind of funny seeing that I went in to get a sono for my cyst on day 3 and day 13 of my lmp.  According to my calculations I should be a little over 5.5 wks.  I go either tomorrow or Tue for a sono.  Wish me luck!!
We did our 5th IVF, but first one with a donor egg on April 30, 2008. On May 5, they transfered two embryos into my uterus and froze 12 others. May 14, I had a pos. preg. test with an hCG of 22. Two days later it was 50.7, two days later 100.9, two days later it was 187, two days later it was 295. The next evening, Friday May 23, I began light spotting. I awoke at 2:30 a.m. to go pee and saw bright red blood upon wiping. I freaked and called the doctor's office. They paged him and he called me right back. I told him everything and he said I might not be m/c because I wasn't bleeding heavily and had no cramps. The bleeding had stopped by morning and was down to spotting.  I went in for another hCG that Saturday a.m. and they told me it had dropped to 115, which meant I was in the process of m/c. They told me to stop my progesterone shots and estrogen patches and I would be getting something like a very heavy period. I still am only lightly spotting and not crampy yet. I know they are prob. right, but am holding out hope for a miracle.
your situation in april sounded like what m going thru currently.  wonder if u mind sharing what was the outcome after 4/21??
m a little disappointed that i couldn't pass this critical period...  but know life still goes on.
I am in a scenario similar to yours...had FET 5/13. HCG level 5/23/08 74.6, 5/27/08 - 64.9. 5/28/08 - 62. Told to d/c patches and progesterone....Repeat HCG in a week.... Disappointed, but willing to repeat. Has 4 frozen embryos left. Was told maybe a chemical pregnancy.  I hope everything works out for you....Miracles do happen.
Like so many on here, I have dropping hcg levels and am hoping someone will post with some hope that they could go back up and I could have a healthy pregnancy!  I tested positive June 1st, first vag u/s on June 9th, about 4.5 weeks along.  Doc saw a "black spot" and ordered two hcg tests.  I don't know what my levels were, but he said they were dropping and to expect a miscarriage.  I have another u/s on Monday, June 23rd.  I am really hoping for a positive result ... can anyone tell me if they've had dropping levels only to carry a healthy baby!?  
I have just completed my second IVF cycle. I got a positive preg test on Monday with hcg at 138.  Today (Wed) it has dropped to 90.  The Dr. wants me back in tomorrow. Please tell me that someone has positive news with this.
I had a positive pregnancy test about a week ago, I was told by the doctor that I was 4 weeks pregnant at the time. He had me do some blood work to test HCG and Progesterone. My HCG level was great at first, 347 but my progesterone was low. He put me on Prometrium and I went to have another blood test yesterday. He called me last night to tell me that my progesterone level is very high (because of Prometrium) but my HCG went down to 268. He gave me two options: to stop taking progesterone and have a miscarriage OR keep taking progesterone and have another blood test in 3 days to give it a chance, OFCOURSE I chose the second option. I don't know what to think, I couldn't sleep last night, I was crying and praying. This is my first pregnancy and we were trying to get pregnant for almost a year. It happened naturally but now I am so devastated. Did anyone experience anything like this before and had a healthy baby? The more I read about HCG drop on the internet the more hopleless I feel. And I wish everyone the best, I pray for your babies. This is so unimaginably hard.
Take care,
Alla
They measured me at about 4 weeks 6 days pregnant, on the u/s all they saw was the gestational sac. no fetal pole yolk sac nothing. my levels are doubling. I am very confused. is this normal not to see anything at 5 weeks????!
I see quite a few post on here about dropping hcg levels and progesterone.... has anyone had any success with having hcg levels drop and then go back up? my hcg and progesterone have both dropped and the dr. is telling me theres probably no hope
I forgot to mention I'm  alittle over 5wks now..maybe 6
I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago, I am 7 weeks 4 days today and have spent the last few days waiting in the hospital. Sunday I started bleeding but it subsided as did the minor cramping within 2 hours of it starting. They did Blood tests and found out I am RH- so they gave me the rh shot and told me I had to come back in the morning for an u/s. Went in monday morning and had my u/s nurse couldn't find anything except for the sac says it could be too soon to see anything. Didn't really help me much there. Had to go back this morning for more blood work to see if my hcg levels had changed since sunday. Doctor said if they are the same or less than I have miscarried. They were 13200 and are now at 13108 Its not a huge difference and listening to you guys talk do you think there is any chance the baby is still there? I Didn't pass any tissue and am wondering what I should do as the doctor didn't really tell me anything??!!
i am only like 3 weeks... saturday my hcg was 187 and today(4 days later) its down to 90. I was having  light bleeding for a few days but it went away yesterday. Doctor told me today i am prob. miscarrying. but im confused because i am no longer bleeding and i never had bad cramps. what should i think?
my hcg levels went from 12,000 down to 5,000 and my doctor told me the same, that i'm probably going to miscarry soon. I don't really have any pregnancy symptoms and was totally shocked when my doctor told me a week ago that I was pregnant. He told me I was at about 4 to 5 weeks and now I'm told my levels are dropping. I have only seen the very light pink to brown spotting if my husband and I have sex, which we have stopped since a few days before my last visit to my doctor. I dont see the spotting all the time, it's not usually alot and I haven't seen anything in 2 days. I don't feel like I'm miscarrying but I don't have the pregnancy symptoms like sore breasts, morning sickness or dizziness either. I have noticed my clothes feeling tighter. I don't know what to think. I don't want to have a D&C if it's not necessary. Do they usually give that right away if they think you are miscarrying? or do they do an ultrasound first to see what's going on? I'm really sad right now.
i feel the same confusion you do. I really hope we can go on to have healthy babies. I don't know what to do now but pray.
Hi.. I find myself addicted to these sites.. looking for a case like mine that ended happily...
I got pregnant for the first tme n August, I felt within 2 days of missing my period that something was wrong, i went to my Dr. and told him i think i am having an Ectopic pregnancy (after googling my symptoms) - he said that is near impossible - after 2 weeks of pain, ultrasounds and blood tests, my right tube burst and I was rushed into surgery- Ectopic it was!
On November 20th i was 2 weeks preggo! my HCG dropped from 216 to 46 within 4 days (in week 5) and i was told i was miscarrying - its been one week since then and i have been bleeding but not as heavily as my normal period.. Its so difficult to cope with.. i need to go in for a check up, but im worried of getting more bad news so ive been postponing it :S
I just resently had a miscarriage my hcg levels were down to 30 on dec 20th I miscarried on the 25 through that week. Now about three weeks after the miscarriage my hcg levels were at 138 but then dropped down to 97 three days later does this meen I got pregnant and misscarried again? :(
I had a positive pregnancy test on the 28/9 with a hcg of 92 then on the 2/10 my hcg went up slightly to 108 and on the 6/10 down to 75.  I have been having brown spotting for 1 week now.  Can anyone tell me how long it will take to miscarry or at what hcg levels I will start to bleed.  I just want this to be over with.  Any advice appreciated.
I found out September 30th I was pregnant by taking a home pregnancy test.  I had an irregular period, so they based my due date of that which made my due date May 15th,2010.  Later because I wasn't gaining weight, I was loosing, and they used a small machine to try and hear the babies heartbeat they couldn't find it, so they decided to move the due date and would find out what it is by my ultra-sound which was November 4th.  I went to get my ultra sound, the tech at first could not find them so she decided to use the vaginal ultra sound probe.  She studied my whole uterus, the found two babies.  I started to cry.  She looked concerned, sent me up to the doctor, I waited for the doctor to tell me they couldn't find a heartbeat in either one of them, I am sorry.  We will do an hgc blood test, and do another again friday which was today, those levels dropped, and he gave me 10 days to try and pass the miscarriage and to retest my hgc levels is how he put it.  Is that what they should do, is it even known that they are 100% sure that I have miscarried my twins, is there any hope?  For personal answers please email at ***@****
Hi, I had miscarriage after miscarriage right when I reached 5 weeks.  It wasn't until the doctor put me on intensive bed rest that I was able to have any success in pregnancy.  With my first sucessful pregnancy I bled from 5 weeks straight through to 14 weeks.  Heavy bleeding.  Everytime the doctor checked the baby was fine and now is 7 yrs old. My second sucessful pregnancy 4 yrs later, I bled straight through from 5 weeks until 20 weeks.  Heavy bright red bleeding even though my cervix remained closed.  My second one is 3 years old.  The measurement of my HGC lvls was a huge concern, but since they doubled like a normal pregnancy the best we could do was hope for the best.  I know this is hard for you.  Once of my pregnancies had declining hgc lvls after five weeks but the sac continued to grow. By four months I was soaking a pad in 15 minutes flat.  I barely made it to the doctors office where they performed the d&c without pain killers.  I nearly bled to death on the way, best bet is to listen to your doctors but don't be afraid to tell them no either, even get a second opinion. I miscarried with that one by choice rather then terminating the pregnancy like my doctor suggested.  I don't care what people say, false hope is better then no hope at all. Make the choice that is best for YOU. But be aware of your body and don't take risks that you are not willing to deal with.
i am also pregnant.. i started bleeding.. they say my baby was fine but my hcg level has dropped.. i go to the doctor on monday for another ultrasound...but i am very concerned but trying not to worry
Just wanted to know if your doctor ever figured out why your sac continued to grow even with your hcg levels dropping or why he suggested that you terminate.  This is happening to me know.  This is my third pregnancy- I've miscarried twice- I'm around 6 weeks.  I had an ultrasound last Wednesday and the sac measured 4mm and my hcg level went from Monday at 519 to Wednesday at 410.  I had levels drawn again on Monday and they dropped to 258.  I had an ultrasound repeated on Tuesday and the sac grew to 8mm and they saw something very small in the sac.  My levels were drawn again on that Tuesday and they dropped to 244.  I'm on progesterone and increased levels of folic acid since I have MTHFR.  Anything info would help!
i am supposed to be 2 week pregnant, i went for a scan, no baby or sac was found, my hcg levels have dropped,My lining of my womb has not thickened either. i have cramped but no bleeding as of yet. my breasts are sore and i still feel pregnant, is there any chance i could still be pregnant

emma
I found out I was pregnant a week ago.  Went in and they booked me for a scan. On the first scan they found a Gs sac no yoke sac. That did a blood test and they hcg level had dropped by 500, but when they did a second scam they found the yoke sac this time. I am confused the doctors think I might be heading for a miscarriage.  I have no bleeding no cramping nothing at the moment.  Can anyone help.
HELP PLS!!! I had my first bloods taken on the 8th of Feb which showed 184 the doc said i'am about 4 wks, I had my first U/S on the 18th March and the lady said she cant detect a heart beat and that the baby has stopped growing afta 6 wks. I went to the doc and he said i should have passed blood by now (he said it takes approx two wks for something to start to pass) I still havent had anything. I then had more bloods taken the next day and they showed my level to be 37000(something).  The doc said at that stage all looked good (very confused now). I had bloods taken today and they have dropped to 21000(something) and the doc nows says not looking good. Is this normal? Am i going to miscarry? I just want to know.  i have my 2nd U/S on Monday.  Can someone pls help me, this is my first and i'm not getting any answers. i'm so scared!!!!!
I WAS  6 WEEKS WHEN THE DOCS TOLD ME I HAD A BLIGHTED OVUM WHICH MEANT I WAS PREGNANT BUT THERE WOULD NEVER BE A BABY. DVESTATED BUT STILL KEPT MY HOPE WE DID HCG TEST EVERY 2 DAYS MY LEVELS WERE RISING BUT COULD NOT SEE ANYTHING ON ULTRASOUND MY LEVEL WAS AT 72,OOO ON A FRIDAY AND MONDAY 9 WEEKS IT DROPPED TO 54,OOO DR THEN  TOLD ME I MAY HAVE A MOLAR PREG WENT FOR ANOTHER ULTRASOUND STILL NOTHING WENT THE FOLLOWING MONDAY 10 WEEKS MY HCG HAD DROPPED TO 21,OOO STILL NO CRAMPING OR BLEEDING MY DR, THEN TOLD ME DEF I WAS HAVING A MISSCARRIAGE, THE FOLLOWING MONDAY I WENT TO GET BLOOD DRAWN TO CHECK MY HCG LEVEL AND I WAS BLEEDING JUST A TAD BIT IT WAS A LIGHT PINK COLOR MY LEVEL WAS THEN AT 12,OOO THRU THE WEEK I HAD A FEW CRAMPS HERE AND THERE BUT NOTHING LIKE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE I WENT BACK TODAY AT12 WEEKS AND MY LEVEL IS NOW ONLY DOWN TO 5000 THE DOC WILL NOT RELEASE ME UNTIL IT IS AT 0 AND STAYS AT 0 FOR A WEEK. DOC EXPLAINED I MAY CONT TO BLEED HOWEVER IT IS NOT HEAVY AND MAINLY ONLY SEEMS TO BE THERE WHEN I WIPE I MAY BLEED UNTIL MY HCG HITS 0. GOOD LUCK TOUGHT MY EXPERIENCE WOULD HELP>
I am lost here i need some help I had not started my period for almost 2 months I took a home test and it was negative i called my ob and she told me that she would call in an Rx so that I could start. I wasnt ok w that because I wasnt sure so I went to my family Dr he drew my levels and they were at only 15 which he said that I was barely pregnant. The next day I bled as if I was having a period and went to the ER thinking that I needed a D&C they drew blood and my levels were 37. So I called my ob and she said that there was no need to do a D&C because my body would get rid of it in its own. I just wanted to be sure so I went back to my family Dr for more blood work a week later and my levels were at 178. I was excited thinking that I was still pregnant then today (10 days after my last hcg test) my ob did a vaginal exam then drew blood and said that for me to get blood drawn and sent me home. The nurse called and said that my levels were 32.4. What I would like to know is how can my levels be at 178 after I bled and now go down to 32.4? Could I have miscarried w/o bleeding any more? I dont understand how my levels doubled after i bled but now dropped so low. They are going to chekc my progesterone and call me tomorrow. But can anyone help me?
i am going through the same thing, my lmp was 7th march, had light brownish discharge and cramps on sunday 27 th june, so went to A and E. they took blood and booked me in for a scan the following morning. at the scan we could only see one sac with a tiny white dot in it which the doc said COULD be baby that my dates could just be wrong. i'd not lost anymore blood or discharge. i was told to come back the next day for more blood tests to check my hcg levels (which were 12700+ on the sunday 27 th. and booked in for another scan  two weeks later, 12th july 2010. when i rang for my results on tuesday i was told " IT'S NOT GOOD NEWS, YOUR LEVELS HAVE DROPpED TO 12300+ "  i automatically assumed that meant my baby was dead and there;s no hope. she then just said " JUST COME BACK FOR YOUR SCAN ON THE 12TH JULY" that's TWO WEEKS. it's only been two days and already feels like a lifetime.   :-(   please help  is my baby dead, or dying???  can it still live???
I beleave that all things a poss 4 those who beleave so just keep all things n gods hand and trust me everything gonna b jst fine n jesus name
Sheshrink, did they see an egg yolk the first ultrasound you had? Even though they did not see the fetus yet?
My lmp was 8/21 and on 9/13 did a hpt and it was positive.  Called my OB had some blood work and it came back positive.  Made my first OB appt.  And at about 5 weeks along I started to spot like brown discharge.  The next day I woke up to mild bleeding, called the OB & they had me go get a beta test to check my levels.  Before I could make it home from the lab I started to bleed like a regular period.  My OB called me and told me my level was 706.  And that I was m/c.  That evening I ended in the ER with pain & cramps.  They did more blood work & a transvaginal ultra sound.  They told me my tubes & ovaries looked good & my uterus was good.  But no sign of a baby.  Was sent home very sad that I had lost my baby.  Well two days later I had another beta test and it came back at 603.  OB still saying it will continue to go down since I lost the baby.  Well two days later I have another beta and it's up to 968.  Now the OB is very concerned thinking that I may have a tubal pregnancy.  He wanted me to go to ER to get a shot so that the fetus can pass.  I decided to wait to get another beta test done today.  I'm thinking is it possible to be pregnant with twins and lose one and still be pregnant.  My breast are still sore and have occasional nausea.  Very worried, if they didn't find anything in my tubes or uterus last wk how can I have a tubal pregnancy only a few days later.  I did bleed for about 3 days (minimal).  Has this happened to anyone, please help.
Did you find out if it was a tubal pregnancy? I'm kind of going through something similar. Pls update.
I'm glad that i'm not the only one out there that the doctors are giving false information. Everyone is different and 2 categorize everyone is simply ignorant. When will doctors realize that they're bedside manner is important? I just found out I was pregnant Oct. 4th. I have my period every 19 days. They were already wrong by going on my first day of my last period. They said I was 8 wks when i was only 6. My first HCG levels were around 6500 so i went in 2 days later and it went up to 7500. So I had another blood test done 5 days later and it went back down to 6500. They say I should miscarry. I have had two previous miscarriages. One was spontaneous the other one the baby died inside. I've read that the docs shouldn't go just by the HCG levels. That 85% of women will rise in levels, that means 15% of us will not be "normal" but will still have a normal pregnancy. I am appalled that I was told that I would miscarry when it's something that 15% of us women experience. I am going for a second opinion and an u/s Friday instead of waiting for the other doc next Tues. I feel great. I have had no bleeding or cramping and I'm still experiencing all the symptoms of being pregnant. Except thank god the nausea went away. I'm a bit nervous cuz this is confusing but I know god is ultimately the one who decides NOT the doctors. I will continue to have hope. They will not stress me into thinking the worst. Good luck and don't let the doctors opinions and standards frighten or upset u. We women are strong individuals.
am in the same boat as most of u.. my hcg levels have dropped from 843-776 in 48hrs, they tellin me iv had a failed pregnancy and have to go back tomorrow for a rescan as i thought i was 12weeks but  could turn out im only 7-8weeks. as there is a sac there but not sure if its empty or too small to detect.. i have had some brown discharge and slight red bleedin but not enough to wear anything, iv had some pain but nothing to write home about.. iv had morning sickness and the most painful breasts, im still showin signs, but really dont know what to think.. im hopin the scan reveals what i want to hear..
Hi I hope people are still posting on this matter.  I found out I was pregnant a month ago.  I went in on nov. 22 for a Dr. appt.   the doc. sent me for blood work and my Hcg levels were 32000+ range which she felt was low for 9 weeks. ( at least where we think we are)  so 2 days later I was sent for an US and more bllodwork The US showed an ampty sac.  And my bloodwork droped to 30000+  So I was sent to the OBGYN who said it was a Blighted Ovem and scheduled more bloodwork yeaterday and booked the or for a D7C on Monday.  He called and left a msg yeaterday that my Hcg levels have gone up "a bit"  I don't know what  a bit means I have not been able to reach him.  He then ( in the msg) said he is going to put the D7C on hold and schdule another US "sometime" next week!  I think the doctors forget how this effcts us emotionally, this stress can not be good for anyone.,  Now I am so confused. The US showed no fetus. Is it too early it a fall and rise in levles common. It is so difficult not to get my hopes up after being told I did not have  viable pregnancy.  
Hello every one Iam new to this site .I wan share my prob with u it same as u have
This is my first preg we r TTc.Iam on clomid 100mg 2cycle.
I gat =ve Preg test went for hcg level test came up as follows
Mon 33
wed 66
fri    92
Mon 59 (this week dec 6 2010)
did anyone increased their level at this point n had baby
pls help me  iam really worried
all my dreams abt +ve thing seems vanished
Been told I'm having a miscarriage and I don't believe it I'm spotting only a little and my hcg level dropped from 44 to 39 the docs believe me to be 6 weeks but I know for sure that's at least a week off I never have sex on my period lol anyways I went for an us they said unless they have the dates wrong they only see a blood clot and it took awhile to find that as I have a tilted uterus they had to do an internal no one can tell me for sure that I lost it tho I am completly stumped this is my second pregnancy I have a 6 year old son I didn't have any bleeding with him but both me and father were rh neg my partner now is positive so I had the.  Rhogam shot shortly after I spotted blood next day hcg levels were down I'm assuming I'm 4 weeks and still very much feel pregnant freq urination dizzy or nausea gas sleepyness and weird tickles in my belly that seems to be growing bigger could the doctors be wrong can I have a healthy baby and maybe just lost a twin? Any hope at all would be appreciated  
Praise God for you all.  I searched this site as I have a friend that is going through this very thing.  The doctor has "written off" her baby and is not trying anything to increase her progesterone levels as he believes it is futile.

I went through the exact same thing as well when I conceived, but continued to pray to God daily -- as it took me 15 years to get pregnant and I really wanted this baby.  The first doctor completely wrote my baby off and told me that this was not a viable pregnancy and that I would (without a doubt) miscarry. (There was no heartbeat; there was a fetus that was too small for gestational age surrounded by a sac that appeared to be the appropriate size for gestational age, but collapsing; and my hcg levels were dropping.)  However, I could feel that I was going to have this baby - this baby that they said was dead.  God blessed me with a doctor who prescribed prometrium to support the pregnancy (although she was certain that it would not sustain the pregnancy -- after all, there was no heartbeat.)  She scheduled me to come in 4 days later for an ultrasound to determine if I had completely miscarried.  When I came into the appointment, the sonographer explained to me that I was there basically to determine if everything had passed and to see if I needed a d&c.  I explained to her that I still "felt pregnant." That was May, 2001.  My "blighted ovum" is now a beautiful and vibrant 9 year old girl.  

Please don't lose hope; wait, watch, and pray.  In all your ways acknowledge God, and He will direct your path.  Get a second opinion from another doctor.  Wait it out.  It may be a blessing to do so.  It was for me.
All of your comments have been encouraging, as I am experiencing a similar situation.

I took a home pregnancy test on Jan. 8th and it came back positive.  I took an hcg blood test on Jan. 10th so that I could schedule my first prenatal appt.  Right off the bat, the doctor told me my hcg was very low at 210 and that I should re-check it in one week.  A week later it only went up to 290 and it was also noted that my progesterone was low.  I was immediately put on Prometrium 200mg twice a day.  A week later my hcg was checked again and that time it went from 290 to 860.  I went to my first prenatal appt on Feb. 14th and I requested an ultrasound because of all the confusion with my hcg and progesterone levels.  At that time, I was supposed to be 9 wks, 3 days pregnant.  However, the ultrasound only showed a fetal sac and it measured small at only 5 wks, 3 days.  How could I be off by 4 wks??  There is no way I'm only 5 wks, 3 days as that doesn't correlate with my last period OR my 1st positive pregnancy test.  I went in for another 2 more hcg tests, one on Feb. 14th which was over 18,000 (good, right?) but then the 2nd one on Feb. 17th had dropped to just over 16,000.  I have another ultrasound scheduled on Feb. 22nd and am so scared.  I so badly want to see a baby with a healthy heartbeat, but everything that has gone on so far has made me a nervous wreck.  I haven't had ANY bleeding or cramps and I've never miscarried before.  This is my 5th pregnancy, and COMPLETELY different than all the rest.  I'm trying to stay in good spirits and hope for the best next week.  
okay, so i was told i was about three weeks pregnant feb 10th and then feb 16th i went to the er bec i was bleeding, my levels dropped dramativly the said i miscaried today is March 3rd, coulpe days ago i went had my levels taken to see if they went back down, they doubled.. today i had my blood drawn  they were at 636 now they are 603 two  days later.. whats going on. im having nooo symtpoms iv never been pregnant. am i pregnant? i just want answer/////
Has the doctor done an ultrasound?  That is really the only way to know if you are really pregnant.  Although even with an ultrasound you may not see much since you are not that far along.  Unfortunately that means you will have to wait a few more weeks to know for sure.  Sometimes women can have hcg levels that bounce around, and even bleeding and still have a normal pregnancy.  And other times it could mean a miscarriage or even a blighted ovum.  Also, you should request they check your Progesterone levels because if it is low then that could cause you to miscarry.  Sorry that there isn't a definite answer for you, but unfortunately that's the way things are in early pregnancy.  

I got pregnant in December and was told right away that my hcg and Progesterone were both low, so they kept testing me.  My hcg levels rose and I was put on Progesterone supplements, so I thought everything was okay.  I made it all the way to 10 weeks when I had my first prenatal appt and the ultrasound showed an empty amniotic sac and NO BABY.  I was devastated!  A week later, the same thing.  Turns out I had a blighted ovum (the sac developed, but the baby didn't) and I was forced to have a miscarriage.  

I hope this was of some help to you.  Keep your head up, and DEMAND an ultrasound if you haven't had one already!  If I hadn't insisted on having one at my first prenatal appt, I would have been sent home thinking my baby was okay.  You may have to wait it out a few weeks, but don't lose hope!  Good luck to you.  =)    
hi i am 10 weeks 3 days my hcg levels are dropping from 97000 then to 73000 then i had an ultrasound and saw an active bby moving around and a heartbeat of 171 had blood drawn again yesterday and got a call today that they dropped to 56000 and have an ultrasound tommorrow again..im sooo scared but praying everythingwill be ok..has anyonegone through this and had a healthy pregnance??
Ok , I'm not sure how far I'm in to it but I took a Home test on March 23, Clinic test march 24 and started spotting that night, MD appointment on the 25 my level was 366. On the 31 they were 293 so he said that it looked like a miss, but took another blood test April 7 my level were at 621?? What does this mean any one????
I just found out I'm pregnant. The doctors are monitoring my hcg levels since we used fertility drugs to help us and its too early for an ultrasound (5 wks). My 1st hcg was about 200 and my 2nd test was only 280 47hrs between the tests. I'm 28 and diabetic but have 3 healthy children ages 11, 9, and 7, no history of misscarriage or tubal pregnacy.
This is my husbands first baby but his sperm checked out ok. They said we were  probably having probs getting pregnant bc I was on the depo so long. I'm not having any pain or bleeding, but the nurse said it could be bad news that my levels didn't double(they should double in 48-72hrs) or it could still be ok. I have to wait until monday now to get my next test. Has anyone had a similar experience ? what happened? I'm going crazy waiting and don't know what to think. Any advice would be greatly appriciated? thanks
worried mom

I started at 147, 2 days later 421, 2 days later horrible side pain some bleeding, 781.  2 days later 692 and diagnosed with miscarriage.....3 days later numbers are 1872!  This seems like a very uncommon occurance....can't find any info on dropping hcg that returns to normal.  I am approx 5wks....and have ashermans and sheehans syndrome and am on estrodiol...was told I couldn't have any more babies.  Waiting for my ultra sound this week.
hey! i have been on a emotional rollarcoaster or the past month almost. at first the doctor told me the baby didnt have a heartbeat but my hgc levels had increased. i went back 3 weeks later and the baby measured 6w1d with a heartbeat. a week later i started spotting so i went to he doctor they tested my hgc and my progesterone. the doc called me back this morning and said that my hgc levels had dropped and the bleeding im having is most likly from a misscarriage. they also stated that my progesterone was low. im currently 7w today. it is possible for my levels to go back up and if i am misscarrying is it because of my progesterone being low.  i go in for an u\s tomorrow. anybody in the same boat as me?
This is an unbelievably frustrating roller coaster. Just got the call from the doc that my wife's HCG levels dropped from 2600 3 days earlier to 2548, and he said it is not good.  We had 2 embryos transfered and I read here that there is something called vanishing twin syndrome, which gives me hope.  We have to go in for an ultrasound tomorrow, but she has been beating the odds since having the embryos transfered.  Levels were 37, 58, 86, 162, 983, 2600 and then 2548.  The first ultrasound showed a gestational sac, but no fetal pole or heartbeat.  I remain optimistic, but this is clearly out of our control and we have no choice but to wait and see.  You never know, right?
I actually had the same thing happen to me I'm about 4 to 6 weeks went to er for bleeding, said it was a threatened miscarriage my hcg level was 522 then went back to er 2 days later same amount of bleeding but this time with clots. Not enough to soak a pad but wasn't light,  levels dropped to 300 something I was having a miscarriage n, that was yesterday today I woke up with a soaked pad! Sorry sounds like a miscarriage hun and believe me I know bwhat your going through, I took it really hard.  
So I started my period on May 12th which is when it was suppose to start. Had my usual bleeding for 3-5 days then I just kept spotting brown blood which I thought might be normal since this was only my 2nd period since having my now 8 month old and I was still breastfeeding. Then on Sat I had one episode at 1245pm where I went to the bathroom and something came out about the size of a quarter or a litter bigger with a little more blood (not to fill a pad more than once) and then I have been spotting brown blood since. I took a PG test and it was positive so I called the Dr. Had HCG done it was 1350 then 48 hours later HCG was 1457. Now it is a week since that happened and I am still spotting brown blood. Dr said I should have a crampy bloody episode soon and if not call back in 2 weeks. If i did have a miscarry I cant understand why my levels didnt drop.????
i didnt even know that i was prego until i was 14 weeks i took a test at home with my boyfriend and was in shock because my tubes are tied. well 3  days ago i went in because the doctor said somthing was wrong with my blood test so they made me come in the next day. thats when the check for a heart beat and there wasnt one then the blood test is when they said that my hcg levels where way too low. what makes it worst my boyfriends mom was like i hope everything is ok then she said well how do we even kw there was a baby..... they sent me home with a picture of the baby and everything and it still wasnt good enough i want to slap the crap out of her but i dont feel good and to tell the truth i knew somthing wasnt right because i was bleeding and it started gettin bad then it just stopped
Hey everyone! iam ten weeks pregnant today! last week i had my first ultra sound and everything was great, i saw the baby's heart beat. Then the next day while i was at work, i noticed a mild cramp in my stomach and i needed to go to the toilet. As i did my thing, i noticed red blood and a clot came out. I went straight to my doctor and he examined my body. felt my abdomin (abdomen), and it wasnt sore and neither was my back. The following friday i had blood tests done and my HCG level was 59000, then i got another blood test the following week and my levels dropped to 52000. i dont feel that i have miscarried and i wasnt in any pain at the time and i havnt bleed since, just a mild brown discharge. Iam going for a u/s tomorrow. Is there anyone out there that can help? please
I am 7 weeks pregnant and my last period was June 2 yesterday I went to the Dr and they told me my hcg went down ( didn't get the exact numbers ) and I will have a miscarriage but I been pregnant 2 times before and have ended up in miscarriages and I don't have bleeding just a little spotting every dark brown like discharge and my cervix is closed we also had a ultra sound and we saw the sack we did not want a vaginal ultrasound do to our previous experiences am kind of confused I have no pain at all nor am I bleeding to say am having a miscarriage.. anyone experience something like this before ?
I am so frustrated and confused at the same time. This is alot to read so just bare with me please!
I was expecting my menstration at the end of June. I didnt come on. I litely spotted in the morning of June 25th just that morning and it stopped; didnt see it again until my fiance and I had sex, so we held off on the sex. I started having lower back pain. Now let me add, My children and I were in a car accident on the eway May 28th; however, I was on my menstration at the time of the accident and came off on the 30th of May. I was going to therapy from then on until i started having this intensed back pain starting June 26th which was different from the pain I had from the car acciden and let me add never had a pregnancy test done at the ER on May 28th of the car accident . I took a home pregnancy test July 7th it was positive. July 8th I went to the ER concerning the back pain and the pregnancy with mild cramping. They did an Abdominal ultrasound and vaginal ultrasound, they saw no gestational sac nor fetus even though after having my urine and blood checked for preganany which was detected/positive my hcg levels were at 2,587. I went back to have my levels checked again and it dropped again on July 15th to 2,474. I then seen a specialist who said she believed all the testing was just too early in the pregnancy. so I later had it tested again July 26th and it dropped to 932 still no gestational sac or fetus detected, went back yesterday and it has dropped again to 820. Im not feeling any pain, no bleeding nor spotting. I feel tired thats it, my fiance has symptoms sleeping eating and feeling sick all morning. I keep praying that it raises. Any input?  I was also told that I couldve already lost the baby but how? when? where?
I'm six weeks pregnant and had brown spotting and once full pad bleeding for 18 days now ..when i first take an ultrasound they found nothing and repeated the pregnancy test which came back positive again .. after 7 days i took another ultrasound the gestation sac was there about 14 mm but no fetal pole found no heart beat heared.. after 3 days i did a hcg test it came back 10000 and redone the test after two and a half days it came with 10000 no change at all .. i'm scheduled for another ultrasound ... i think it's a miscarriage and very sad right now  ... no cramps no heavy or light bleeding other than the usual brown spots .... am i right ?? is this a miscarriage  or it could be normal to have same hcg level during first trimester ?????????
hello, if you all can post updates as what where the results i would greatly appreciate it.

Here is my story. sept 18 had my period normal, after 12days of passing my period i start to spot and bleed lightly again. I was confused because i just had my period.monday I went to the doc and they told me i was pregnant it was very faint line but was positive they said 7weeks and went from my aug period instead of lmp. wed they gave me a papsmear and drew blood, after i left i went to lunch with my hubby and son 2yrs. old. i felt some blood and the doc told me i would. i went to the bathroom and i had bled just like she said but i became worried because with my first pregnancy i bled a few drops only. so same day i go the er and they tell took more blood totalling 8 tubes of blood in one day.  my levels are 80 and that is too low for 7weeks but i said my last cycle was sept, but they disregarded that because they didnt see a sac or tadpole in my ultrasound. doctor came back and told me i miscarried, but they want to check my levels in two days, so i went back fri in two days and drew more blood, by this time i was just spotting. they said come back monday 10/11 so then i go today and they tell me my level dropped to 30, i asked if their was other options and she just told me to accept it, and go home. I still feel all my symptoms and am confused. I had already a doc appointment for nov 4 set. Im not sure what this doc wants to do. if I am 2weeks pregnant according to my cycle wouldn't i be in the correct bracket of two weeks according to beta chart. Im thinking that maybe i had twins in their and lost one maybe. (twins run in both sides of our family) for now i am going to wait cause aunt flow is suppose to come on the 18th as normal according to doctor. but i just want some advice. I am praying and keeping hope as most stories have been successful, I am praying for a miracle. with my first son i had my period my first month, but missed my second month then later found out i was 8wks already, but they never took levels. I just progressed in pregnancy but ended up delivering early 331/2 weeks do to preclampsia. Can someone shed some light? plz
According to my period i should be 12 weeks right now... ( my periods r all over the place so we cant really go by that) but i went to the dr on 10/7 got an us and dr said it only looked like it was 6 weeks... He couldnt hear a heart beat and so we checked my hcg levels on 10/7 and 10/9 they went from 21,840 to 19,051 ..... I have read about soooo many peoples hcg levels dropping and them having spotting and being just fine! I understand how hard it is not to worry... Im right there w/ u... I go back for another us on the 24th... Im just praying that God will give us the miracle we r praying for! Keep your chin up... If u havent started cramping or pasing tissue u are ok for now! Just trust that everything is going to be ok until u have a good reason to think u are actually passing it! <3 good luck honey!!!
I thought I was at 10 weeks, though dating it was hard with irregular periods. Test was positive on November 2nd. Had US five days ago. They saw gestational sac and yolk sac but no fetal pole and said I might only be 6-7 weeks. HCG was 30,094. Took second HCG test today because I've been spotting. Had dropped to 24,000. Have another US scheduled in 5 more days.
I'm in a similar situation like the rest. I'm currently 5 1/2 weeks, but my baby's blood count hasn'y doubled like it should have. First it was 41,000, then 47,000 and 51,000 just the other day. Doctors say i'm going to miscarry anyday, anyone had this problem?
I am sooo worried. This is my first pregnancy. I have had one ultrasound that showed a gestational sac, they suspected I was between 4 and 5 weeks.  They checked my hcg levels that day and they were where they were supposed to be, but just to be safe the doctor had me come back 48 hours later to check again. She called and said my levels had dropped, but I am not having any cramping or bleeding.  AND still have pregnancy syptms and postive hpt?! HELP
This is very helpful info..I'm a lil emotional aswell. I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant dec 30 2011 , my hcg was at 203 and on jan 4 th it went to 2092, now as of jan 6 th 2012 its at 3192 does it look like its rising ok.....
i dont have any answers all i have is prayers for you and everyone else out there my daughter is going through this right now as her hcg levels have dropped told to discontinue meds also but after reading for past few hours through all my tears for her and all of you having problems that i will keep praying and maybe a miracle will happen and she is still pregnant she has no bleeding or anything yet so i am being hopeful for her and god bless all of you going through this
Im a 40 yo  on 9th pregnancy. Previously, I had 12 fibroids removed and I just discovered I was pregnant I had an u/s at approximately 5 wks and heartbeat was detected but 2 weeks later no heartbeat was detected and hcg levels dropped from 23,0000 to 17,0000. I've had little cramping but not bleeding. Is this still considered a miscarriage?