MedHelp Social Community
Are your decorations still up?

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Are your decorations still up?

Always fun to put them up; a drag to take 'em down.

23%
 (3) 
Yes, Still up
15%
 (2) 
Taking them down today?
23%
 (3) 
Taking them down this week?
0%
 (0) 
Taking them down this week?
38%
 (5) 
13 Members voted
Mine are DOWN!  I take them down right after Christmas...I do not wait until new years.  I like to start the new year with a clean house and uncluttered.  

The outside are still up, but that is my husband's job...he will take them down this week!
I took mine down a few days ago but as I walk throught the house, it never fails that I forgot a few decorations here and there. Now that most everything has gone to the attic, I must find a place to store them until next year. (too lazy to get back up in the attic, move and open containers to re-pack)
Mine are down and packed away until next year.
We still have ours up... At least I want the lights to stay up longer.  I don't blame those who put their lights up outside in the fall and wait until spring to take them down. But I have seen people leave them up all year round...I'd think by summer it is pretty late, lol.
mine always come down the night of christmas , cant stand a day longer want my house back to normal, but always excited to put back up the day after thanks giving.
I put them down the day after New Year's. I get a little sad putting them away; I just love the holiday season :)
I usually take my down the day after New Years but last year and this year I took them down early because I have a bratty cat that keeps trying to climb my Christmas tree! lol
They came down today. :'(  I had no choice...  Grandma took them down. We got in an argument about the lights. I wanted them up one more night, but grandma said no.... :(
I've started taking our stuff down. It will all be put away this week though. My son (5) wanted to take it all down Christmas night, but I like them up a little longer.
i take mine down christmas day "night".  my oldest son was born the 26th...the day after.  i wanted madison to wake up to his birthday...not christmas.  he's 32 now...but i still take them down just the same.
I'm a procrastinator about taking mine down. Everything is still up in my house, but...I do want to get them down this week.
I'm determined not to let it go as long as I did last year. February. Isn't that terrible? It got to the point that I was so used to the stupid tree being up that I didn't even notice it in the living room anymore (this is why I will not put up outside decorations on any holiday).
But not this year. No way. It's coming down this week.

Or at least sometime before February rolls around.
mine came down on New Year's day. I was glad to get mine down. With the kitten it never stayed decorated. Plus we decided not to repack the christmas tree but donated it to a needy family and will be getting a real one next year.
I leave mine up for awhile. I take them down after three Kings day. Plus I have family visiting after the New Year, so I kind of celebrate Christmas with them.
I leave mine up for a while....I love the lights and the pretty decorations and just the whole feeling I get from the season.  I don't celebrate the season when alot of other people do..I feel like we're manipulated, told to start it the day after Thanksgiving.  Frankly, I just don't get that (to each his own of course).  That doesn't work for me...I will not celebrate a holiday the month before it actually exists and I think that it's such a shame that people are into it so long before but by the time it actually hits, they're sick to death of it.  I don't get why the Christmas shows stop on Christmas day either....I think it should all go on for at least that week between Christmas and New Year's.  

The holiday doesn't end until I SAY it ends in my house.  I find that leaving the stuff up not only makes me happy, but I don't get any post-holiday blues because it's just not abruptly over for me on December 26th.  I leave 'em up until I'm done with it, so there's no sadness over it at all.  

That all being said, I think ya just gotta do what works for you.  There is no right or wrong here. If it works for you, it's all good.  
Try around halloween... I've seen both kinds of decorations and candy sold about the same time.  Made me tempted if I were a guy to dress up as Santa on halloween and give out Christmas candy. That would make an interesting statement.

That said, grandma did leave the lights up, but for her sake I took them down on the 4th...I wish I could have kept them up longer.  The Christmas lights are one of those things I find to be very special to have up and very beautiful.

We have the LED kind.  One string was very tempermental. Ever so often the blinkers failed to work, but plug it in another time and everyting worked.
My tree is still up.........I might have it down by Valentines Day.......

Nauty.........
My decorations are still up - I was so sick the past month or so and so I did not put my decorations up until 2 days before Christmas and so they are staying up until at least the end of this month!  LOL!!!