MedHelp Social Community
Bar Sues Church

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

Bar Sues Church

I thought just a little humor to start out day.

In the small Texas town of  Mt. Vernon , Drummond's Bar began construction on a new building to increase their business. The local Baptist church started a campaign to block the bar from opening with petitions and prayers.  Work progressed right up till the week before opening when lightning struck the bar and it burned to the ground.

The church folks were rather smug in their outlook after that, until the bar owner sued the church on the grounds that the church was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, either through direct or indirect actions or means.

The church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise in its reply to the court.

As the case made its way into court, the judge looked over the paperwork.  At the hearing he commented, 'I don't know how I'm going to decide this, but as it appears from the paperwork we have a bar owner who believes in the power of prayer and an entire church congregation that doesn't.'
Oh good grief!!  Anyone ever see "Acts of God" on their insurance policy?
Ha! What a story!
That is funny!
If it's a true story I'd love to know the outcome.
That's great.Is that a joke or a real case happening?
lol oh my.