MedHelp Social Community
the possible war w/ n korea

Welcome to the MedHelp Social Community. This community is where members can chat with other members about day-to-day issues and topics. This community is not monitored by medical professionals. If you have questions or are in need of support for a health condition or health question, please use one of our other 300+ forums.

Healthy debates are encouraged. Personal attacks or insults will not be tolerated. Please remember to treat all members and opinions with respect

the possible war w/ n korea

so as most of you may know my hubby is a marine. he was honorably discharged in december and having been honorably discharged he is now doing his 4 years inactive duty (if he doesn't resign anyways) and has the possibility of being called up. IF he doesn't resign he may end up going back to freakin war anyways.....*sigh*. this whole thing with n. korea has him stressing big time now. if they do go to war b/c of their ships being searched (which with all the d@mn threats they're making i HOPE their ships are being searched!!!) i wish these "men" (i use the term lightly....they're acting like immature children) would just grow up and swallow their pride.

i hope that we don't go to war with them. b/c if hubby doesn't resign and DOES end up having to go back anyways....i'm so not going to be a happy camper. if he gets sent after he resigns...than fine. that's what he has to do. but as of right now....it would really really suck.
I don't like the sounds of it.
if we go to war with them as all know we are in very very serious trouble,, heather my son my pride and joy  the one I laid flat on my back for 5 months so he could live is joining ( already has) hes going to boot camp in July his job an artillary man..we all know where he will be I am scared to death..I  told him I was gonna cut off his trigger finger ( JUST KIDDING) I am however truely terrified broad scope for my country and for my son.
i just hate how this guy is like "i'll be good, no i won't, yes i will, no i won't." he's shooting rockets off towards certain countries claiming to "test them". does he think the world is just going to sit back while he builds up his military and bombs/rockets or whatever it is he has? i don't understand where his reasoning is. of course we're gonna start searching all of the ships that leave his ports. we don't want another war. he's the only one who can't seem to play nice right now. (besides iran/iraq and afghanistan....but they've never truly played nice)
This nutcase in NK reminds me of Saddam Husein. He has been sanctioned and his country cut off from everyone. If that does not work, it will limit our options. Personally, there should not be such a thing limiting us from assassinating this moron, cause his people will ultimately pay the price for his power mongering. Seriously! What is he thinkin? Getting closer to the time when it is just a matter of who, will take em out with nukes. IMO. No science or political backing, just an opinion.
greg and i were actually talking about it last night he said that since this guy had a stroke a few months ago he's now afraid he's dying and his son (who is 26) will have to take over. apparently his son is not "fit" in his fathers eyes to rule n. korea and now daddy is trying to "scare" the world into leaving n. korea alone so his son can take over once he bites the big one and nobody will vie him for power. he's a paranoid old man who needs to just....stop. if it weren't for these crack pots the world could be a very happy place. i'm not one for killing people and i know that assassinations "don't" (wink wink) take place  (obviously if they do, i personally have no idea if they do or not, the government isn't going to splash it across the front page of the washington post) but this is one guy who needs assassinated or thrown into jail at gitmo for a LONG LONG LONG time.....
Well no one is saying anything are they who is standing up to him? America  would have done once....I think anyone who takes over and I believe its in his family, will share the same opinions so even when this nut has gone another nut will re-emerge ,where is China and Japan.... gitmo is going.. remember we are sending most of those detainees to Islands like in Bermuda it will be only about 3 will be held in some prison, probably here.,maybe the same 3 that got water boarded and tortured so mercilessly by America , that helped to prevent another attack on us with the information it yielded.Pressure needs to be put ,as we cant do it anymore,our silence is deafening,  on China and the nearby countries .
i still say if women were in charge of running things we wouldn't have these problems.....lol.
Hey heather you'd have someone like Pelosi !!!
ok if certain women were running the world. lol.
Now thats better I can handle that I thought Hillary would have done a good job for us but she is so quiet ,quite a disapointment has no guts now..
the world is falling apart. it seems it's just war after war after war now. i don't think anyone is going to be happy until everyone is annihilated. it's just so sad that n. korea and s. korea can't get along. hell it's sad that n. korea can't get along with anyone. *sigh*
Our biggest War is the War On Terror ...I am in between LA and the Mexican border they have found tunnels, not for smuggling illegal folks in but for weapons and drugs..they showed them on TV we have also kept the Borders open and that hasnt helped. In the end you just chill out as with so many poblems you cant get over thinking and over worried,.time for coffee.....
I had heard on the news that he had already given control over to his son, is that not true?  

North Korea is really scary!  I'm just not sure how much the world can do about this - look how long they let Saddam Hussein get away with **** before anything was done by US and our allies.  Although, I truly think North Korea is a bigger threat than Iraq was back then.  Truly a scary world!  I'm not sure we'll be able to avoid a war with them and if we do end up in a war I honestly think it will be worse than anything we've ever experienced.  IMO!
curious that Bid Ladden seems to be forgotten,,he is the one who got away with ****..he caused 9-11 not the other nut case , he terrosised his own people . We in my opinion missed the boat on that one....Korea is more scary because they have the potiental to start WWIII ..
One of Bin Ladens cronies came out last week on tape, and said the next attack the US would face would be in the way of Bio chemicals, coming in through Mexico...It wasnt big news I guess everyone is used to the threats and we were safe for 8 years maybe we have been lulled ...I think we all have to be on our toes and aware.
Margy:
I wonder if this is the Swine Flu?  Just makes me wonder, ya know?
i had heard there was another video i didn't hear what it was about though. it's scary but i don't know. these people....they're all nuts. bin laden, crazy guy from n. korea. they're all nuts.
I think if we get hit by any bio chemicals it will be worse than swine flu which turned out in the end to have less nasty symptoms than regular flu or so I heard but it still was classified as a Pandemic because of the amount of folks got it. ,but who knows you may be right however we would have heard about it I think.Yes the video like a lot of news was dumbed down so we didnt get to hear a lot I saw it one day about the new tape then nothing else.I find I get better news now from the PC at least its up to date .there is all this talk of befriending the Islam world but they havent changed their views of us we can extend a hand of friendship till the cows come home they still wont change .,it just makes us weak in their eyes and puts us at greater risk,I am sure it was better when we showed we were strong .
North Korea seems determined to engineer conflict that will allow it to reunite the Korean penninsula. Its virtually alone, and even though China is a nominal military ally, they will not want Southeast Asia destabilized.

Koreans feel considerable mistrust towards Japan, most recently because of atrocities in WWII but there is a long history. North Korea has missiles that can strike Japan and they might very well choose to do that.

The US will certainly come to the aid of South Korea if it is attacked. Question becomes, what if North Korea attacks Japan? What if they act so provocatively the US feels it must respond, perhaps by destroying a missile launch facility?

It is not correct to underestimate the ability of the North Koreans to rationally plan for conflict. They have think tanks and a well educated general staff, which allows them to develop war plans. So when North Korea test fires a missile they have planned their responses to the international community.

comcast home page 2 hours ago, it appears that July 4th is a day to be on higest of alerts, our President claims we are prepared and ready, N Korea has stated if we instigate, we will be attacked, secretary of defense ( the second in command there forget title) is currently in route to China to meet face to face w dignataries. It is becoming more and more obvious that a missle will be fired. Somebody wants to leave quite the evil legacy,.

For certain we are being kept in the dark, about all that is know, or so I personally think, very scary.
forgot to mention in my above, you really sumed it all up well, hit the nail right on the head.
well from what greg and i have been hearing and reading is that the ship that left n. korea that supposedly has the bombs and war heads and what not on it is being followed by a naval ship to myanmar. before it goes to myanmar is SHOULD (may not) dock in the phillipines. the phillipino government does not like illegal substances in it's port's supposedly (greg was stationed there for a few months so he knows some of their laws and rules) they have told the U.S. they would be more than happy to search that ship.
I agree that it is scary a Missile could reach Hawaii and it is uncertain how the US will react to the threat  ,maybe I havent heard the latest but I dont remember our President coming out with a firm warning to N Korea, can you enlighten me what the US has been saying.....perhaps I missed it amongst all the other very important agendas.