Menopause Expert Forum
Am I having hot flashes or something else?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Am I having hot flashes or something else?

I had a total hysterectomy in 1998 and despite not being on HRT, I have not had a single problem in the past 9 years.  All of the sudden (in the past few weeks) I get hot all of the sudden and feel feverish and it lasts an hour or more.  No sweats or anything like that, but I am having problem with insomnia and also low energy/motivation.

I'm 45 and even though, if all things were normal, this would be the time these things might start happening, I'm kinda surprised that it would take so long for this to manifest, and this is why I am wondering what this is.  

Any help/info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Trish