Aa
A
A
Close

Menopause Forum

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

1 - 20 (of 660) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I am 55 yo. LMP was Dec 2009. Since then, I have had slight bleeding (not a flow just spotting) for 3-5 dys in June 2010, Sept 2010, Dec. 2010, Jan 2011, April 2011 and most recent Feb 2012. Each time, the spotting was accompanied by...
Penny711 | Last answer
I am 60, in menopause @10 years, a year ago my doctor prescribed Vagifem because my vagina was dry and thin and she couldn't do a papsmear. A year later all went relatively easy. The problem is I had some pressure that she thought woul...
Healthy4now | Last answer
I am 49 and have not had a period in 1 1/2 years. I also am hypothyroid and take 88 mg of Synthroid. I started having pelvic pain 2 weeks ago with some back pain and over last few days pain was radiating down my leg. I was set to see my ...
BAA49 | Last answer
I started taking HRT (.50 Divigel and 100 mg. Prometrium) 5 months ago, after being on OrthoTricyclin Lo for about 3 years. My scalp hair had thinned a lot on OTL, and when I first started HRT my scalp hair stopped thinning completely. B...
Gigi7542 | Last answer
Just got results of my latest ultrasound, and it shows a 2.7 cm complex cyst on R ovary (we are assuming this is the same cyst imaged in Oct, which was then 2.5 cm) -- AND fluid in the endometrial canal. I'm 52, menopausal 3 years. My dr...
Rowana77 | Last answer
10947_tn?1281407852
Women’s Cardiovascular Health — Thursday, February 5, 2009, 12:00 p.m. — 1:00 p.m.(EST) Dr. Leslie Cho, a Cleveland cardiologist and Director of the Women’s Cardiovascular Center, will provide answers to your questions about preventi...
Med Help | Posted
Dear Dr. Seibel, I am 46 years old, perimenopausal, and have a question about the stages of perimenopause. My history includes regular cycles since age 13 of approx. 28 days length and 5 to 7 days duration with heavy flow and severe u...
braveheart2 | Last answer
I’m 48 yrs old & perimenopausal. I have hormonal headaches and breast tenderness. Recent symptoms - brain fog during my period, insomnia and itchiness (from the inside, out). An antihistamine tablet will work for a day or two but then t...
heavencanwait | Last answer
I just had my FSH level and it came back 149 which said is was menoapuse and high, I have not had a period for about 6 months and i am 53. My thyroid came back for the TSH level of 2.99. Mine has always been usually 1.8 or 2.0 I have g...
anacortes | Last answer
I guess I am still perimenopausal. My last period was in September. My gyn started me on a progesterone cream for some abnormal hormone levels and to hopefully help with anxiety/depression. I use it for 3 weeks, off for 1 week, then r...
kabs8 | Last answer
Greetings, I am two weeks out from a laparscopic hysterectomy with ovaries removed. I am a 7 year breast cancer survivor, diagnosed at age 41 with Stage 2b Her +, ER/PR -, partial mastectomy followed by Cytoxan, Adriamyacin, Taxol, 12 ...
debscadenza | Last answer
I am a 49 year old female in perimenopause. I have a history of migraines since starting my menses at age 13 years old. Been in perimenopause for the last 4 years. Four years ago began having panic attacks-one occurred during visit wi...
De7775 | Last answer
408163_tn?1242953101
Hi, I am a 45yo female who just had robotic assisted hysterectomy/BSO/appy on Oct 15th. I had severe endo, 12 fibroids in my uterus, adenomyosis, multiple hemorrhagic cysts, endometriomas and a mucinous cystadenoma in my ovaries. (They ...
Laney8463 | Last answer
Dear Doctor, I am a 64 yr. old POST-menopausal woman who has been taking PremPro at 0.625/.5 for 7 years (2000-Dec 2007) All of a sudden it just stopped working and I had anxiety, depression, and could not sleep. Why would this happen...
fifi43 | Last answer
Hi Dr I have spoken to you before with regard to the Physical and Emotional effects of my Surgery.I hope you do not mind me asking your advice once again. It is now alost 9 months since my Surgery for OVCA . I know I will not be abl...
mum61 | Last answer
I'm 50 years old, normal height and weight. I had a UAE (uterine artery embolization) done in '02 and haven't had a period in about three years. I'm on a estrodial patch 0.0375 and prometrium pill, 100mg 2x week. For about the past th...
Rosie783 | Last answer
I was diagnosed with Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 1 year ago, I am 46 years old. Transvaginal US and Endometrial biopsy came back normal. Endometrial lining was only 4mm thick. No action was taken and periods were every other month and w...
mlw0316 | Last answer
Dear Doctor I have experienced an abrupt Menopause following Surgery for OVCA... I am finding the symptoms very difficult to deal with they really are intense at times. Mood swings wanting to cry feeling down , sweats and discomfort i...
mum61 | Last answer
I just had an ultra sound which showed endometrial thickening and a possible polyp behind the thickening. Blood work shows that estrogen is within normal range. Age 49. Treatment so far has been using progestren to start period after sk...
VickiStick | Last answer
I am 44 years old female. Two years ago I had a D & C. After that my periods become very irregular. The thyroids test proved to be normal. My endocrinologist ran a comprehensive tests and results for all hormones were at normal range an...
GeneA | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now