Menopause Community
Bleeding for the more than two weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Bleeding for the more than two weeks

i'm 51 years old   it has been for the past year i have my period every two months , it lasts max two  or three days and it is very light  sometimes only spots .
now i had my period first after two months on the 26 of september and it was spots last for two days then after 4 days i saw some blood with the surcharge
after every now and then when i wipe i see very light pink blood  .then on the
then on the 12 of october  of this month it started light ,for the past 1o days it is heavy with some patches and it is still till now .
i did my pap smear test before two months [10 th of september ] and was ok nothing wrong  but  when she did the ultrasound in my vagina ,the doctour told my i have fibroids  but it is not that big  if it reaches the big size then we need an oparation
what i'm worried now is why this heavy bleeding with some thick patches  and i don't know if it is my period or something else
i'm worried if the fibroids causes this bleeding and why now
or it is the menaupose problems  
thank you
you should probably go back to the doctor and seek an explanation
Hi There
My Question is should I be taking progestren?  My dilema is, my GYN says I am in menopause.  Not test was taken.  I am 47 and my abnormal bleeding began 3 months ago.  It started with a normal period than went about 6 days and continued bleeding about 1 tampon a day for a total of an 18 day period. The next month the same but the extra 1 tampon a day only lasted 13 days. She wanted me to start progesteren for a 10 day cycle on the 16th day after the first day of my next period.  I started my next period yesterday.  I do not want to take the progesteren but I did get the RX filled.  I got the natural one because she told me it is more kind to my body than the syntthetic progesteren.  I want to see if my period straightens out this month.  Is it likely that I am in the begining stages of menopause and should I be taking progesteren this early? Is there anyside effects like cancer that I should be aware of or any other side effects at all by taking or not taking the progesteren.
Thanks for any advice you may have.
Katherine