Menopause Expert Forum
Hashimoto's and menopause
About This Forum:

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hashimoto's and menopause

I am 46 years old and was diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis about 9 mos ago.  I also have vitiligo.  I have been taking Synthroid 0.05mg daily since Nov 2006 and my TSH is approx l.0

About 1 year ago I started going several months without a period then normal for several months then two to three months of missing a period.  Currently I am in a cycle of three months without a period (although I feel like I have many PMS symptoms--sore breasts, bloating etc.)  Prior to last year my cycles were fairly regular but on the short side usually every 21 days.  

Do you think I am going through menopause or is this just peri-menopause and does the fact that I have Hashimoto's have any affect on menopause?