Menopause Expert Forum
Menopause and Facial Hair

Questions in the Menopause forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include menopause issues, depression, hormone replacement therapy , hot flashes, joint or muscle problems, memory problems, mood swings, osteoporosis , sexual problems, skin changes, sleeping problems, vaginal problems, and weight problems.

Menopause and Facial Hair
Hello and thanks for this service! My question pertains to facial hair. I had to have a hysterectomy about 7 years ago and the "peach fuzz" on my face has gotten longer and thicker. What would be the best solution to get rid of it? I can't use wax or creams due to Rosacea and Lupus. I'm thinking about trying the new trimmers for facial hair advertised on TV, but I'm leary because I don't want to  cause stubble or dark hairs. Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated!
A. Facial hair can be a difficult challenge.  Many people are using laser hair removal.  Others are using medication such as spironolactone or other medications that block the hair receptor.  They work by preventing the
Thank you so much! I will definately plan on discussing it wih my Dr. at my next appointment and NOT use the trimmer. May God continue to bless you!