Menopause Community
Menopause and swollen fingers
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Menopause and swollen fingers

I am peri-menopausal as it hasn't been a full year of no periods yet, but for the past few months have noticed difficulty getting my rings on and off. I don't seem to have swelling anywhere else, my clothes and shoes aren't tight , just the rings.  I noticed someone posted a similar question back in January but no responses.  Anyone else experience this, and if so, did it last or stop after awhile?  I don't know if I should have my rings enlarged or not.  

Uniblab
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,
Yes I am also going through the menopause and have noticed exactly the same thing.  It started about three months ago and yet it has been about 18 months since my periods stopped.  Like you, I haven't gained weight anywhere else, so would really be happy to hear if there is a medical explanation for this.
Blank
I never did get a medical explanation.  It lasted quite a number of months and was uncomfortable so I had my ring resized. Now my fingers are back to their original size and my ring is too big.  I don't think I will ever know why they became swollen or why they went back to normal, I'm just glad they did!
Blank
I'm glad to hear the swelling as stopped.  Mine still swell in the morning but often the swelling had gone by mid afternoon or evening.  I'm hoping this will stop in time.  It would be good to hear if anyone else has suffered similarly.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank