Menopause Community
Post Menopause Sore Breasts - normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Post Menopause Sore Breasts - normal?

I have a combination of pms-type symptoms, but I'm 53 and post-menopause - no period for 3 years.
It's not unbearable but (1) is this normal and (2) what could be the cause?  The symptoms are both breasts & nipples generally sore  (almost as if my milk had come in) and (after 3 years dryness) vag discharge, the stretchy ovulation kind.  Been going on for week-10 days.  Could the cause be ovarian?
Surely I can't be ovulating 3 years post menopause!
Avatar dr f tn
HI,
You should consult your Doctor for an examination. Breast examination and a gynaecological examination, pap smears and hormonal assay will help make the diagnosis.
Hope this helps.
I know it's been a while since you posted. I was wondering how you were. Did your symptoms go away? I'm 54-no periods for 2 yrs. My hot flashes suddenly stopped and my nipples and breast became sore. My abdomen bloated to where I could'nt wear my jeans and having moisture again. Intercourse no longer hurts. 4 weeks later bloating has gone away but abdomen has grown. Breast are better but a little tender. Still have the vaginal moisture. Very strange.
I'm right with you there.  I see it's been a couple of years since you posted, but I'm having this now.  I'm 55 and SO not happy about the tender breasts and bloating. Please tell me it went away!
I'm 52, I went one year and no cycle and then boom had a cycle, so had a biopsy, that said everything is fine, and uterus has atrophied, meaning menopause. As of May 2016, it will be a year again. But by monthly symptoms, I used to have are ten times worse. I've always had breast tenderness, but now, omgosh, and they hurt under my arms too, I had  one breast leaking a pale yellow fluid around cycle time. Mammo was fine, now the other one is doing it. I've waited for menopause because I had polycyctic ovarian syndrome, so such a mess all my life with my period. Guess it's going to be that way for menopause. But during searching I've seen that those kind of symptoms can list into your 60's and 70's! Good grief