Aa
A
A
Close
Post Menopause Sore Breasts - normal?
I have a combination of pms-type symptoms, but I'm 53 and post-menopause - no period for 3 years.
It's not unbearable but (1) is this normal and (2) what could be the cause?  The symptoms are both breasts & nipples generally sore  (almost as if my milk had come in) and (after 3 years dryness) vag discharge, the stretchy ovulation kind.  Been going on for week-10 days.  Could the cause be ovarian?
Surely I can't be ovulating 3 years post menopause!
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
HI,
You should consult your Doctor for an examination. Breast examination and a gynaecological examination, pap smears and hormonal assay will help make the diagnosis.
Hope this helps.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I know it's been a while since you posted. I was wondering how you were. Did your symptoms go away? I'm 54-no periods for 2 yrs. My hot flashes suddenly stopped and my nipples and breast became sore. My abdomen bloated to where I could'nt wear my jeans and having moisture again. Intercourse no longer hurts. 4 weeks later bloating has gone away but abdomen has grown. Breast are better but a little tender. Still have the vaginal moisture. Very strange.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I'm right with you there.  I see it's been a couple of years since you posted, but I'm having this now.  I'm 55 and SO not happy about the tender breasts and bloating. Please tell me it went away!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Post Menopause Sore Breasts - normal?
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
Top Women's Health Answerers
Blank