Menopause Community
The prescription Vagifem
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

The prescription Vagifem

If I use Vagifem, will this type of vaginal treatment affect my male partner in anyway?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I am 58 and three years post menopause.  I have been using Vagifem for over a year and love it.  No side effects for me or my husband.  I have read a lot about it and it seems to be widely thought of as an effective remedy for vaginal dryness in a way that does not let the estrogen be absorbed by the body.  I will continue to use it.
Blank
I've also been on Vagifem for 2 years and love the effect, however, my last ultrasound showed a build up of the lining of my uterus, so now I need an endometrial biopsy.  My doctor said it could be from the Vagifem which is estrogen without progesterone.  I just read the leaflet and it does say that if you have a uterus, you should discuss adding progesterone to your regimen to counteract the possibility of the vagifem causing this lining buildup.  I'm sorry I didn't read the leaflet two years ago.  For now I've stopped the Vagifem and after the biopsy, if everything is okay, I'll talk to my doctor about starting again but adding progesterone.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Menopause Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...