MENOPAUSE
COMMUNITY
green discharge
by radio1, Jan 21, 2010
I am 56 and started the menapause 4 years ago, I still occasionally have hot flushes but apart from that I am ok.
I have been having a green discharge daily for approx 7 months, I had a smear after it started last June and it came back ok.  
I also had a bladder op last June and when I had my check up the consultant told me not to worry and it could last a few months.
Obviously as it is now 7 months I am getting concerned, I think it is coming from my urinary tract.
Is this normal during the menapause or should I go back to my GP and ask for some tests.
Member Comments (2)
by Dryfanny, Jan 29, 2010
Hi Im 50 and have the same green discharge now for 2 years. My smears are ok i also had a camera in womb still doctors found nothing wrong. I had a closed cervix and had to have a D@C to let fluid out. All this is due to lack of hormones i just live with the problem as doctors dont do anything im sick of taking antibiotics they dont work either. When i tell doctors this about green discharge all the swab tests come back normal they seem to think im making it up.
by divagram, Mar 09, 2010
Hi:
Just read about your discharge. I'm 67 and been through menopause for 21 years, about 6 weeks ago, I started spotting this yellowish light tanish stuff, went to Dr. did a endometiricias (sp) test, came back benign, did a vaginal ultraound it was O.K. but having breast cancer 23 years ago, he says I do have a fybroid tumor which also is benign, so he suggusted a Hysterectomy, are you still spotting? would love to hear more about this, thanks!