Menopause Community
hot itchy skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to menopause, depression, hormone replacement therapy, hot flashes, mood swing, skin changes, and problems with joints/muscle, memory, sex, sleeping, vagina, and weight.

hot itchy skin

I have had hot itchy skin for about 2 weeks...i am 46 and have irregular periods..anyone else ever had this symptom?
I am 52 and also have irregular periods and itchy skin for 2 weeks now.  I surfed the web and got nervous until I found that it was probably early menopause.  I have tried several creams that do not work.  It doen't help the situation.
i am experiencing a itch on my upper arms and neck to back area that becomes hot asw I rub and itch it to a pulp!!! This has come in last two weeks also for me. i know that itching it is not the answer and that is why i am here too!! i am reading and learning that possibly this is occuring because of low estrogen levels. I am 51 and have been on bioidentical progestorne therapy and think i may need the estrogen as well? i also read that possilby drinking more water, fasting on fruits for a few days for a mild detoxing and using a castor oil on the itch???? i need help as you do!!!
Hi I am 40 and have same itching and skin getting hot and angry immediately . My Doc said shower gels etc but this not the case. I'm on Telfast tabs and if I don't take one i'm in bits. Also had severe heartburn and on tabs for that but that much better now. My Doc didnt take bloods. Met girl with same symptoms and she too about my age. please keep me posted as i will .
It is likely there is a sudden drop in your hormones causing the itching.  As you enter menopause this should go away but if you are concerned see your doctor.l

Well I'm 52 this year and I've started to have that itchy kinda stuff too.Very hard to take bad enough that I'm having night sweats and other stuff keeping me awake at night.
I've looked the itchy symptom and discovered that it is a symptom of menopause but one of the more "rare" ones.
   For me it was so good to find this site and read for my self from(and I would rather read it from women who have experienced it) others having the same symptoms.I got up early one  morning unable to try and sleep and scratch any longer,or sweat any longer,and I made a beeline for my computer and got some answers. HERE
  I hope this helps!  Luck to you and some relief even if it is relief in this community.

back to the itchy skin issue, I've found out through searching the internet,that the itchy skin is a result of loss of collagen in the skin as we age.(sorry for the dirty word) It made sense to me though so I started getting Soy milk,I had been on rice milk because of allergy to milk.
  Soy has a natural estrogen in it so I thought less is better and then I went to the store and bought Aveeno moisterizing  shower gel. With no fragrance.
I did the same with my shampoo,to try and solve the problems on any different levels that I could.
  I've heard of bio identical hormones but want to try the lesser of the evils of hormone stuff just for now. I'm on other meds so just don't want to mix them up or mess them up. The soy if now one has tried it is a tasty alternative to milk,wheather you drink it or just put in in your cereal or coffee or tea.